Start by marking “Swing and a Mishap (Summersweet Island, #2)” as Want to Read:
Swing and a Mishap (Summersweet Island, #2)

Swing and a Mishap

(Summersweet Island #2)

“Hawks fans still in shock after centerfielder, Shepherd Oliver, sustained season-ending injury last night in the 5th inning of the playoffs against Chicago.”

Two years ago, I was a pretty big deal. I thought I had it all, until a blast from my past popped up on my social media feed, keeping my ego in check and reminding me how basic I am. Except sassy Wren Bennett isn’t ju
Published September 25th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Swing and a Mishap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swing and a Mishap

Start your review of Swing and a Mishap (Summersweet Island, #2)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
⚾🍦⚾🍦⚾🍦⚾🍦⚾🍦⚾🍦⚾

Wren and Shepherd.

We already met them in the first book.

Wren is the sister of Birdie and Shepherd is the boy she always had a crush on in highschool.

But then he went away to become a famous baseball player and she had a son by some idiot tourist.

Now her son is playing baseball too and who is his new coach???

Shep - back on the island after an injury killed his career. Plus he was kinda ready to retire anyway. He wants a family of his own and he wants it back home with the one that go
Heroesinbooks
4 Shepherd and Wren Stars

I was so excited to go back to Summersweet Island and catch up with all the quirky , funny and endearing characters that we met in the first book , Kiss My Putt.

This is Wren (Birdie's older sister) and Shepherd's book. Shepherd is a famous and successful baseball player but back in the day he was a teenage boy who lived on Summersweet Island and fell in love with the girl in his year whose family ran the Dip and Twist Ice Cream shop. Wren has long held a piece of his he
Grace
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like the first book in this series, this story is about a man righting some wrongs and making up for missed chances at love.

You would think having a successful baseball career ending on injury would be a bad thing. But for Shepherd Oliver, things couldn't be better. He can now return to his childhood hometown in Summersweet Island to win back the woman who stole his heart years prior, Wren Bennett.
Although he'll have to do a lot of groveling first after ghosting her.

While Shepherd made some mist
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via author for an honest review

Batter up! A new Tara Sivec book has arrived on my Kindle and now itis time for Wren to get her HEA.

I liked the first book, Kiss My Putt however I love Swing and a Mishap.

From the messaging sweetness to the end of the story, I did not want to stop reading once I picked it up - stupid life gettingin he way of reading!

Shepherd and Wren are just too cute. You can feel their attraction and frustration and cuteness leap off the page. Shepherd is all kind
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Tara Sivec is the Queen of witty banter and I loved every single pun, quip, and sarcastic line that she put in Swing and a Mishap!

I honestly don't know if she will be able to top Shepherd in the next book, Shepherd is every women's dream, cricut and all!!! I loved Kiss My Putt but this book took the Summersweet Island series to a whole other level!!

I am never disappointed when I read Tara Sivec's book, she writes the best comedic lines and her characters are just amazing, you truly are dying lau
Jeeves Reads Romance
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD

So. Much. Fun. This series has been low angst delight so far, and I've loved every minute of it. It's playful and funny with characters you'll root for and slow burn romance that will have you hooked. I loved this couple; they're former classmates who reconnected as pen pals of sorts, and it's clear from the start that they're meant to be together. We'll call their miscommunication style the classic "boys are stupid" scenario. Shepherd is a fantastic hero, so kind, caring, sexy, compassio
Amanda
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5⭐
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Swing and a MishapM
is the second stand alone in Tara Sivec's Summersweet Island. It's tells the love story of single mother Wren Bennet and ex Baseball pro Shepherd Oliver. Wren and Shepherd both grew up on the island and after Shepherd leaves to become a professional baseball player they lose touch until a decade later when they reconnect over social media messaging. They build up a wonderfully sarcastic, honest and sweet friendship until th
Amy
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Swing and a Mishap is the second book in the Summersweet Island Series and it follows the story of Shepherd and Wren. When it comes to baseball, Shepherd was a pretty big deal. He thought he had it all, until a blast from the past gave him a glimpse of something he never knew he wanted. Wren and Shephard had the most amazing conversations and chemistry that was off the charts. The only problem, Wren was 3000 miles away. When Shepherd experiences a game changing injury, it makes him make the bigg ...more
Paris
Here I thought Kiss My Putt was going to be hard to beat as far as hilarity and swoony heroes. I should've known I was wrong. Holy crow, Shepherd Oliver is one of the swooniest heroes ever. He absolutely adores Wren and he lets her know...although, maybe not soon enough. But because of that, ridiculously hilarious things occur. Conversations that had me laughing so hard I cried. This book was utter perfection.

These characters are over the top more than they're not, but that's what makes them gre
Jill M
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Tara always weaves a story with just the right balance of laughter and swoon to make my heart flutter. And Shepherd Oliver is so full of swoon even if it took him years to man up. I loved everything about this book from the swoony texts to the laugh out loud hysterical moments of all these characters. There was swoon, sexual tension, angry moments, pissed off moments and laughs galore to make this such an amazing rom-com; everything you love about Tara’s writing. This was also an epic second cha ...more
Cassidy
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is just sports romcom perfection. It takes me away to my happy place. The gang of characters are lovable and endearing. Who doesn’t want to live on an island like theirs?! The hero is a newly retired professional baseball player. The heroine is a single mom. She helps run her family’s ice cream stand. I enjoyed their story. The message banter between these two is to die for. Next book please.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Ali
Oct 18, 2020 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
It’s like the first book but with different characters names. :(
Susan
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love!

Tara Sivec hit this one out of the park! Wren and Shepherd are the perfect couple. Love this cast of fun, quirky, and completely lovable characters. Can’t wait for more of Summersweet Island!
Kim
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-5-stars
This story actually follows part of the same timeline as Kiss My Putt, there apparently was more going on behind the scenes in Wren's life we did not know about.

Shepherd Oliver was her teenage crush and Mr. Popular in High School. He followed his dreams to become a pro baseball player and succeeded. One day a social media post helped him get back in touch with his old friend, Wren Bennett, from Summersweet Island...and a fantastic "pen pal" relationship was formed.

Wren is a hardworkin
Patricia | patriciakreads
description

Tara Sivec does it all over again: making me fall in love with her book.

I swear to God, she knows her humour and she knows how to make someone full-out laugh.

I absolutely loved the characters again (nothing changed about that from the first book) and I absolutely loved the banter between Wren and Shepherd. Tara Sivec knows how to create perfect couples, it seems, because Wren and Shepherd were an absolute joy to read about.

Wren is a single mom and Shepherd and she used to know each other from th
Thuy Taylor
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can I live on Summersweet Island????!!! I just adore this series! The characters, the town, the uniqueness of these stories, so fun, so swoony and just so darn good. Professional baseball player, Shepherd Oliver, moved away from Summersweet when he went to college to further his baseball career, but Shep has always had a thing for Wren but never knew she was an option, besides, he was leaving for his career anyway. Years pass and friendly messages on social media bring them back together in each ...more
Denise Hoover
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐️

I enjoyed this tale so much more than book one. This book is all about Wren, Birdie’s sister, and pro baseballer, Shepherd Oliver.

These two have some spark and fire in them! Their connection is off the charts... that is after they finally speak with mind about how long they’ve wanted each other. I enjoyed watching Wren grow in this book with the help of Shepherd being the amazing (book) boyfriend he is. He supports her in ways she never knew she needed. But that chemistry though, wow-wee!
Jenn Jacobo
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit for Tara Sivec. Swing and a Mishap does not disappoint. It was hilarious. I cannot wait until the next one.
Mags
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5⭐

Swing and a Mishap the second book in the Summersweet Island series was a delightfully delicious read. That was refreshingly witty and truly showcased Ms Sivec's quirky storytelling ability. With characters that were charming, relatable, fun and frankly a little nuts. And in Shepherd's case totally swoon-worthy. I was hooked, and honestly, I had the biggest smile on my face whilst reading it. Would happily recommend.
Monique
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
📖📖 READ THROUGH KU. 📖📖

4.5🌟’s.

I love a baseball romance and even though the baseball is played by high school kids in this book, their coach is our main attraction. It’s retired pro-ball player Shepherd Oliver who went to school on Summersweet Island and comes home to a new job but also to win over his pen pal. Wren is the eldest of the Bennett sisters and a little more reserved than Birdie... until Shepherd comes back.

I loved the way the book starts out with their text messages, showing us the
Anas Attic  Book Blog

Swing and a Mishap (Summersweet Island 2) by Tara Sivec
Second in a Related Series. Romantic Comedy.

I loved Kiss My Putt, but I LOOOVED Swing and a Mishap by Tara Sivec ! The second book in the Summersweet Island Series brought us a completely swoonworthy, romantic and sexy hero, an outrageously fun group of friends, a wonderful single mom, and more fun from the whole crew on Summersweet Island.

Wren is Birdie’s (from Kiss My Putt) older sister. She is a single mom with a talented son
Anastasia
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another funny, romantic and emotional book from Tara Sivec. Kiss My Putt was amazing and I didn’t think it can get better but oh man did it. Shepherd and Wren’s chemistry was insane. You saw it from the very moment they laid eyes on each other again and man can I just say that Shepherd is every woman’s dreams come true. This is how a man should treat you! I love how everyone from book 1 was involved and intertwined with Shepard and Wren’s story.

Shepherd Oliver had a crush on Wren since they were
Julie (juliemreads)
"Don't you get it yet?" I ask quietly. "Whether it's at first, or second, or in the outfield. No matter where I kiss you, Wren, I'm already home."

We have already met Wren's character in the first installment Kiss My Putt. Wren is the sister to Birdie. We also very briefly met Sheperd at the end of the same novel when he came back to Summersweet Island after an injury to be the new head coach of the freshman baseball team. He also happens to be Wren's life long crush since they were in high schoo
Kate Grand {A Grand Romance}
Swing and A Home Run!

Swing And A Mishap is a brilliantly funny, heartwarming, hot as hell book that is bursting at the seams with romance. It’s redolent with details that make it a real pleasure to sink yourself into, such as Wren’s masterful yet casual handling of the high school ball practice, that hot night at the Dip and Twist, to the incredible first date of Shepherd and Wren.

Shepherd Oliver is the swoony, dirty-talking, romantic, man of your dreams. He will create Pinterest-worthy dates a
Angie 🌟NOLA504nerds🌟 Schexnaildre
This is an honest review for an arc received.

“Hey, blue! If you’re gonna watch the game, buy a ticket! That was a strike!”

The gang is back for the second installment to The Summersweet Island books! Wren Bennett has been in love with Shepard Oliver for most of her life. She is completely heart-broken when Shepard gets drafted to the MLB and decides on having a one-night stand. This is how she ends up with Owen, her son, and her pride an joy. After posting a video of Owen playing baseball, Shepar
Brandie Bowen
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I must say I am so happy for Wren!
If there’s anyone who deserves a happily ever after its Wren!
If you read Tara previous book KISS MY PUTT, then you know that Wren Bennett is a single mom, who does it ALL!
Puts in a full days work, then is involved in ALL the extra after school activities that her son is involved in. This is the lady who organizes the fundraisers and does most of the work herself. This is the person who will never say NO to someone. She’s tired, but she keeps on goi
B-Books Review
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg I love this series so much and this book is the perfect combination of steamy, funny and romance. Wren and Shepherd are so good together and I loved how they could be themselves with one another. They both were enchanted with each other since they were thirteen but they both thought that the other was too good for them. I laugh a lot that even his parents thought he should’ve aimed lower, because Wren was too good for him.

But when he is drafted to the baseball big leagues they drive away, bu
Laurie
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Tara Sivec's "Swing and a Mishap," book #2 of the Summersweet Island series, was a fantastically funny and sweet story featuring likeable, well-developed characters and an engaging plot. The chemistry between main characters Wren Bennett and Shepherd Oliver was incredible, and I loved their snarky banter, which made me laugh out loud more than once. I also loved that Shepherd helped Wren find her voice again and start standing up for herself, especially with her scumbag baby daddy, Kevin, who ha ...more
KKEC Reads Katy Corbeil
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Home. Freaking. Run.

How Tara Sivec manages to write books that are funny, real, sexy, and romantic is beyond me. But oh my goodness... this book is the total package.
I absolutely adore Wren, and getting to know her throughout the book. She is such a strong, spunky, brave character. I absolutely cheered for her growth throughout the book, and the final chapters did not disappoint. She found her voice in such an empowering way.
Shepard was sarcastic and fun. His love of glitter and crafting was a
Glorimar Irizarry
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-reviewed
Reviewed for a Book Nerd, a Bookseller and a Bibliophile.

« previous 1 3 next »

• Single Dad Seeks Juliet
  • The Setup
  • Take A Number
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Flirting with 40
  • The Trouble With Quarterbacks
  • Drive Me Wild (Bellamy Creek #1)
  • Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • The Bookworm's Guide to Dating
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • Lies & Lullabies (Hush Note, #1)
  • Hate the Player (Hollywood #3)
  • Troublemaker
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Lake Redstone
  • Shadows (Anderson Special Ops #1)
  • Highest Ranking (VIP Club #1)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of

Summersweet Island (3 books)
  • Kiss My Putt (Summersweet Island, #1)
  • First and Tension (Summersweet Island, #3)