Start by marking “Spot Loves His Mommy” as Want to Read:
Spot Loves His Mommy

Spot Loves His Mommy (Spot the Dog)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  214 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Spot loves spending time with his Mom.Whether playing hide-and-seek, baking a cake, or reading his favorite story, Spot and Mommy have lots of fun together. Perfect for Mother’s Day and all year long, this touching and heartwarming book is great for sharing.
Board Book, 12 pages
Published March 23rd 2006 by Warne

To ask other readers questions about Spot Loves His Mommy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spot Loves His Mommy

Amanda
This is cute. I like Spot books. This is a good series for very young readers (like toddler age)
Gary Vassallo
My children have all loved Spot. This is a fun little book to read to very young children. Recommended.
Rain Misoa
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents and toddlers.
Recommended to Rain by: Elementary School Librarian
Shelves: childrens-books
This is one of the children's books that I read for We Give Books, A Pearson Foundation Initiative to help children all around the world obtain books. It's an organization that gathers many campaigns in one spot on the web to encourage people to read many books for children. With every book you read, one gets donated to the campaign you signed up for. (There's quite a few campaigns available.) A very good friend of mine, Nicole Terazue, recommended this site to me since she knew I loved reading ...more
Toneeshia
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Spot Loves His Mommy is a picture book. It is intended for the nursery age group. although the author has won awards, this book appears to have not. The book is about activities that occur with spot and his mother tell each other that they love one another. This book only deserves two stars because there is no plot, it feels as though the book is a compilation of random sentences. One thing Spot Love His Mommy has going for it is that it is an easy read. The words and language used are simple a ...more
jacky
Jun 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: early readers (who love their mommies)
Shelves: picture-books, online
I read this online at wegivebooks.org. Its a very cool site that lets you read children's books with your child (or one your own if you like), and with each title you complete, you can choose a book to donate to a worthy cause. I read about it in Parenting magazine.

As to this book - it was cute. The dogs preform a lot of actions that people do, but still remain more dog like than human like. Nice color to the pictures. A good book to introduce children to reading dialog punctuation. A good prac
Ilias Avramidis
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: preschool
Another great adventure with Spot! These books were completely errased from my memory until my wife's bridesmaid gifted a couple of them to our son. Talking about a blast from the past! This one is about bonding with Mum and whenever i read it to my son, i then have to read the Daddy one twice! :P
Jess
A beautiful book about a dog named Spot and His love for his Mum. This book is perfect for kids under three years of age. With vibrant and bright illustrations Spot Loves His Mum is just the right length to capture and hold a toddler's attention. It's entertaining to both the child and adult and the perfect book to add to a child's growing book collection (or to complete an Adult's Spot Collection). Unlike most of the Spot collection, this book is geared more towards celebrating the love a Mothe ...more
Alana
Spot Loves His Mommy is a classic Spot book: low on plot, high on schmaltz/Spot cuteness for the pre-reading crowd, though even beloved mommies might find this one a little dull.

Perhaps more importantly, though, I read this book online for free at www.wegivebooks.org -- We Give Books is an organization (created by the Penguin Group and the Pearson Foundation) that allows you to read a book online and click to DONATE A BOOK FOR FREE to various worthwhile pre-designated recipients. You sign up for
Mackenzie Wilson
I chose this book to read because it was one of my favorites as a child! In this book the main character is a dog named Spot. As the title implies, Spot loves spending time with his Mommy who is also a dog. He loves playing hide-and-seek with her, baking cakes, and reading his favorite story! The main idea to the story is that Spot and his Mommy have lots of fun together. This book would be a perfect gift for a young child between 0-5 to give to their mother's for Mothers Day. I would also recom ...more
Lindsey
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid1, baby
A cute Spot book about what Spot and his Mommy do together. While the pictures are typically adorable, I am a little concerned that Spot and his Mommy do all domestic things (e.g. bake a cake, garden, shop) whereas in the Spot Loves His Daddy book, they go out and have a fun day at the park. While many Spot books are over 30 years old, this one is recently published and should be a little more sensible of context.

Nonetheless, a sweet book about a puppy and his mom spending the day together. Shor
Nicole
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
I think the concept is cute but I think children's books should have more of a lesson. All i learned from this story is that spot likes to do things with his mom. To a child, I know thats important but I feel as if there should have been a more meaningful concept behind it. A concept I think the book should have focused on was how to be grateful. We learned all the things Spot and Mommy love to do but the book would have really tied together if we got to read how grateful Spot was that he had su ...more
Deserae
This is nice book to read to students young children because at these ages they may experience some tough times leaving mommy when it is time to go to school, we could start off by asking the child what do they love about their mommy and allow the children to respond and tell them the story about why Spot loves his mom, maybe the students can relate to some of the things Spot loves about his mother and this would be a good discussion question after reading the book.
Betty Kim
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book really carries story of love of mom who take care of her son and even play with her son. I can think back to my mother’s love from this book. Moreover, this book can be good for students who like animal because the main characters are dog.
Sung Baick
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
This would be good to include in a classroom library for pre-k and kindergarten. Teachers would need to be careful about using this as a read-aloud because not every child may be living with a mother or have a relationship with their mother like the one depicted in the book.
AGV K
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
WoW! I've read this a lot in my days as a parent!
Rosa Cline
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, mother-s-day
This is simple board book for young children. A few words per page to make it easy for a beginning reader learn to read. Spot the puppy enjoys helping and loving his Mommy; and this book shows that.
Kate
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and interactive kids book
Heather Summers
Nice short read for lower level readers.
Sarah Kramer
Kaethe
A cute board book.
Stephanie
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book for www.wegivebooks.com, an organization driven toward the promotion of children's literacy. For every ebook that is read on the website, a physical book is donated to a child.
Robin
Feb 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of course I am a huge fan of any book celebrating the love between a mommy and her baby. And the kids are huge fans of precocious little Spot.
bubblebee
Sep 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of Nat's favourite books by Eric Hill. The pictures in this book are very appealing and colourful and I always welcome books about babies and their mummies.
Trent Mayes
Best book ever :)
Rachel
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
A cute, simple addition to the Spot books. It is a nice quick board book, perfect for times when you need a short book to read. It has sweet pictures and words.
Jeff Tate
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
My nephew likes it, which is all that matters.
Elyse Lucas
Mar 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Good Luck Bear
  • Nobunny's Perfect
  • That's Not My Dragon (Usborne Touchy Feely)
  • Skippyjon Jones: Up and Down
  • Ducks Don't Wear Socks
  • All Aboard the Dinotrain
  • Octopus Alone
  • Little Dog Lost: The True Story of a Brave Dog Named Baltic
  • Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too?
  • A Picnic with Monet
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.
More about Eric Hill...

Spot the Dog (1 - 10 of 159 books)
  • Where's Spot?
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • Spot Goes On Holiday
  • Spot Visits His Grandparents
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Spot's Birthday Party
  • Good Night, Spot Good Night, Spot
  • Spot Goes to the Beach (color)
  • Spot Goes to the Park (color)