Start by marking “Rival Hearts” as Want to Read:
Rival Hearts

Rival Hearts

An enemies to lovers romantic comedy

Stefan Cane can fill out a Speedo, that’s for sure. Not that Lucy’s ever joined him at the beach, but she’s been keeping up with his Insta since they shared that sizzling hot kiss at the Jingle Ball a few months ago. The kiss she ran away from like some kind of Disney princess.

Except Lucy’s no princess. And Stefan is certainly no prince
Published December 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Rival Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rival Hearts

Start your review of Rival Hearts
Kaitlyn
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-teams
I received an ebook from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was one of the best books I've read in a very long time. It had everything I want and need in a book! It was steamy, feisty, funny, and had just enough sass. Lucy and Stefan are fighting their attraction for each other all while fighting for different things. Lucy's love for animals really drew me in. Definitely 5 stars!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

Lucy's small town isn't big enough for two pubs. That's what Lucy thinks anyway, and that's why she's got a plan. Too bad that plan is disrupted by the attraction between her and the man whose reality show is going to take the rug right out from under her. The man with whom she shared a hot kiss last year.

Stefan cannot get that kiss out of his mind. And now the gorgeous woman he shared that kiss with is right across the street from where he's staying, and he's determined to hav
Ariadna Basulto
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rival Hearts by Brenda St. John was a cute and adorably romantic read. Lucy and Stefan were all things heart and flowers with an equally cute town setting. If you hadn’t already guess it, this romance is cute. The MCs spend much of the story fighting their feelings for each. The back and forth and push and pull relationship they had with each other made for some great tension and banter, a favorite of mine, but after a bit it felt a little repetitive. Still, the characters were great! Lucy was t ...more
lowkeyreader
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a truly feel-good story and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved Stefan and Lucy's witty banter and back and forth right from the start. They have amazing chemistry. There is a lot of humor and LOL moments in this one, therefore it's so fun. These two had me swooning too! Highly recommend this one if you want a sweet rom-com filled with witty banter and the sizzling attraction between the characters. ...more
Michelle K
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is another winner of a story from Brenda St John Brown! I absolutely adored this book. The characters were written well and I was fully invested in seeing things through to the end. Two thumbs up and five stars from me.

I received an advanced copy of the ebook and am voluntarily leaving a review. My opinions are my own!
Kelly
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another sweep-me-off-my-feet gem by Brenda St. John Brown! Loved the chemistry between Lucy and Stephen. I was completely invested in their HEA. Add in a cute dog and the quaintness of a small English town, and this book stole my heart.
Brittney Bailey
Dec 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Rival Hearts by Brenda St. John Brown
Rom Com ✓
Contemporary Romance ✓
Standalone w/HEA ✓
Swoony Chemistry ✓

Stefan is the one of UK most eligible bachelor and has the reputation of a Playboy. But he cant stop thinking about the feisty woman he shared a kiss with at the Jingle Ball last year.
Small town doesn’t have room for more than one pub or does it? What if the owner of the other ball is the feisty woman from the Jingle Bell??

Blurb
Stefan Cane has snogged and shagged his fair share of gorgeous
Sunny Shelly Reads
A small British village. Two rivals. A kiss he can't forget. The woman who wishes he would just leave her the hell alone. Rival Hearts is a cute, swoony enemies-to-lovers romance.

Lucy and Stefan shared a kiss a year ago, and he hasn't been able to get her out of his mind. Now his reality show has him rehabbing a pub across the street from hers in a small village that really doesn't need two watering holes. Between their bickering and personal jabs are plenty of heated looks and a sizzling attrac
Jeraca
Nov 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I received this free eARC novel from the author and Wildfire Marketing Solutions. This is my honest review.

This was a cute novel. Lucy and Stefan are fighting their attraction for one another for most of the novel because of the circumstances of their issue, but seeing them get to know each other and come up with solutions was great. I really love Lucy's love for animals and how she takes in the strays.

I also thought that having the guy be British was fascinating, until I realized that READING
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh to be taken to a quaint village with one pub to go to sounds so awesome, but of course I'm all about anything British so I loved the fact that Brenda St. John Brown took me there. Stefan is the most eligible bachelor in the UK who can get any woman he wants, well, until Lucy who wants nothing to do with him. They shared a super hot kiss at a past Jingle Ball, and he's not been able to get her out of his head ever since. As things get even more complicated, the sparks are flying between these ...more
Sonja Ton
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A quaint village. Two pubs. A tv show. Two people with opposing goals. A three legged dog, a chicken coop and chemistry of the strongest possible kind. Odd rumors. Laugh out loud moments. A feisty, gorgeous and caring heroine against Britains most eligible bachelor. I love the dual points of view and I want the hero to be mine.
He’s not only good looking but he’s got a wicked sense of humor, loyalty, a passion for a cause, a yearning to change and instant love for his woman. Slowly she comes to t
imapickypicker
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great story from Brenda St John Brown. In Rival Hearts we meet Stefan and Lucy who shared a kiss at the Jingle Ball. Stefan hasn't forgotten that kiss and he wants a repeat but that may not happen, especially if his pub puts Lucy's pub out of business. Lucy just wants Stefan to go away and leave her be. The town isn't big enough for the both of them. Stefan has a job to do but really so does Lucy. The story is swoony with lots of witty banter and nothing gets more sparks flying than a go ...more
Rachael
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just LOVED this book! It was sooooo GREAT! I just love a good enemies-to-lovers story!

Lucy: Great character! I just loved her personality and I LOVED how much she adored animals. She has such a big heart!

Stefan: At first I wasn’t sure how his character was going to develop, but I love how much he did! He turned out to be great and that’s all I’ll say.

GO READ THIS BOOK! It’s an awesome read! I just couldn’t put it down! What are you waiting on?
________________________

Darkness Factor: Fluffy Bun
Courtney
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stefan first meets Lucy when she accidentally injures herself and the Jingle Ball and he helps tend to her. While Lucy knows who he is and what him being in her small hometown means they still to have a special moment. Lucy knows that Stefan’s show is in town to fix up the other bar in town and that puts her own bar in trouble, so she runs away from their one special moment. Stefan and Lucy have a chemistry and fight it throughout the book but they both neither want to be the one to give in, so ...more
Meredith Nunley
Dec 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
“Do you think people really care about the truth? If they did, we’d have competent government and celebrity culture wouldn’t exist. People believe what suits their narrative.”

“Stefan didn’t want to examine too closely the compulsion he had to explain all of this, but he was fairly certain it was the same one that had driven him last night – a desire to know and be known.”

Maybe more like 3.5 stars. Was this great literature? No. But it was a delightful way to spend an afternoon while sick in bed.
Breanna
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stefan Cane is the enemy. Lucy Maclaren won’t let herself be attracted to him. Right? Wrong. The sweet things he does, the real him behind the mask, sneaks past all of her defenses. Too bad his job will put her out of business.

A few minutes stolen with Lucy months ago has tied Stefan up in knots. She’s different than any woman he’s been with before - but that’s not a bad thing.

Is Lucy’s small town big enough for the two of them?

Welcome to Ash Wycombe, a small town where chemistry is in air an
Jayne Juffe
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: would-read-again
A wonderful premise of enemies-to-friends-to-lovers story, even though they are rarely enemies, no matter what Lucy thinks. The story is charming and real with the worry of a small business in a small English town. Part of my not falling completely in love with the book is (view spoiler) ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stefan is the most eligible bachelor in the UK and has had more than his fair share of woman, except for feisty Lucy who he cannot forget after they shared a kiss at last year’s Jingle Ball. This is a sweet story about a unique small English town which is not big enough to have two pubs in, and a cute little dog. This is a well written story which has relatable chemistry, passion, witty banter, and is a humorous, and entertaining read. I look forward to reading more from this talented author who ...more
Emily T
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this story! I loved Stefan and Lucy (and Blue!) and their chemistry was so relatable and swoon worthy! I loved the banter back and forth between these two, and absolutely want more from them! Lucy is such a relatable character, and I love the underlying message the book gives. It was a light-hearted book that made me so happy while reading it.

Brenda is a new author to me, and I absolutely loved her writing style. It pulled me in and gave me all the happy feels ❤️
Kari Hansen
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stefan is conflicted as the one woman he can’t get off his mind is also the one woman who would rather he wasn’t around as his career could bring about the downfall of her business. They shared a kiss that neither wanted but neither can ignore and now that they find themselves on opposing sides the real fun is about to begin.

Their interactions are humorous while the characters draw you in and have you invested in their happy ever after.
Christine C
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Stefan is a tv host, famous as much for his personal life as he is for his job. Lucy owns a pub she inherited from her grandmother, and is struggling to keep it afloat. Stefan's show is renovating her main competition, making him "the enemy" but there is something between them that neither can deny.

I loved the characters in this book, the setting, Blue the dog, and the overall atmosphere of the book. Definitely worth reading.
Rachel Kennedy
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The story of Stefan and Lucy. They meet at a party and like each other before they realise who the other person is. Lucy is sure that Stefan's plans to renovate a pub in her village will put her own pub out of business. A fun read and you really want them to be able to work things out and be together.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.
Lourdes
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Stefan Cane and Lucy Maclaren shared a moment and a kiss at the Jingle Balls Ball and when he comes back to the village she lives at to work on the renovation of the other pub in town, they’ll go through a big case of mixing business and pleasure.
Stefan hasn’t stopped thinking about Lucy for the months between meeting her and coming back to Ash Wycombe and is taken by the fact that she doesn’t fall at her feet. Lucy, on the other hand, is more concerned about the effect the renovation show will
Trish Jolly
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Brenda and her newest offering doesn't disappoint! This is a curl up in front of the fire book. Imagine winter days,woolly socks, hot chocolate and heartwarming books and this is a perfect book for that! Brenda's storytelling as ever paints a vivid picture and I was swept along. Romantic, raunchy and funny. Enjoy! ...more
Mindy Diegel
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, I loved the couple and all the people in the cute little village. Thank you for taking me to English country life for a few hours! I adore Blue she is the best!! I hope there will be more books in this series.
Sarah Gupta
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
📚 ARC REVIEW 📚

🌟🌟🌟💫

I enjoyed this cute little story in the small town.

They where very cute together and glad when they finally sorted themselves out.

At points Lucy irritated me but I enjoyed the story overall.
Bookish
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
When you the one you can't stop thinking about it the one who wants to put you out of business. ...more
Bella
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun, witty, and a little bit naughty-I loved this story! The writing is, as always, sharp and engaging. A very worthwhile weekend read.
Shannon Ricci-mayronne
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stefan Cane, TV Producer, Most Eligible Bachelor, And Playboy comes to an English village in the middle of nowhere with his show Your Friendly Local to help out a fledgling pub. Unfortunately, for Lucy it isn’t hers.

They share a few stolen moments at a charity event and months later Stefan comes back to town with his TV show. He hasn’t been able get Lucy out of his mind despite trying. Lucy does not want to let him in her head space because she feels no good can come from it. Stefan wants to us
Teneisha (Teesbookjourney)
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I had very high expectations for this book.. The description was amazing.. The cover amazing. I loved the concept and the characters and I really wanted to see them get together. I just feel like the sexual tension stage went on for way to long.. I kept waiting for when they would just say.. Let's do this.. Of course when it happened if was glorious but I felt like I waited way to long for it to happen..
Loved the beginning and the end.. The middle was way to lengthy and drawn out.. All in all pr

• The Office Party
  • The Mistletoe Kisser (Blue Moon #8)
  • Office Grump: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • This Much is True
  • In for a Penny (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7.5)
  • Sexy Savior (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Scrooged
  • See Me After Class
  • The Boss
  • Say Hello, Kiss Goodbye
  • Magical Midlife Invasion (Leveling Up, #3)
  • The Memory Keeper: A heartwarming, feel-good romance
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin (Love Clichés, #1)
  • Where We Went Wrong
  • Rival Hearts: A feel-good enemies-to-lovers romance set in a cozy English village (Love on Tap Book 1)
  • Rumor Going 'Round (Lyrics and Love, #3)
Brenda is a USA Today bestselling author living in the English countryside. Originally from New York, she's lived in the UK long enough to gain dual citizenship, but still doesn’t understand Celsius. However, she has learned the appropriate use of the word “pants”. And how to order a proper bacon bap/barm/buttie. Because, well, bacon.

Brenda writes contemporary romance to make you giggle and swoon.

News & Interviews