Start by marking “Date Me Like You Mean It” as Want to Read:
Date Me Like You Mean It

Date Me Like You Mean It

I’m good at hiding my feelings.
Having to pretend I’m not in love with my best friend?
Pfft. That’s child’s play.

Here’s how I do it: I avert my eyes when he walks out of his room, shirtless in all his toned glory. I squash the butterflies that fill my stomach every time he slowly unfurls a dimpled smile. And, most importantly, I keep an arsenal of “personal massagers” in my
Published November 5th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Date Me Like You Mean It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Date Me Like You Mean It

Start your review of Date Me Like You Mean It
Anovelqueen
Nov 16, 2020 rated it liked it
***3 STARS***

I had really high hopes for this book because I love a good rom-com friends-to-lovers story.

The book started out ok. Maddie and Aiden meet at their sibling’s wedding. Soon after they move in together as roommates and become close friends. Of course, Maddie has always been in love with Aiden but she hides it and even consoles the women he has broken up with. Aiden doesn’t even hint that he feels the same way so when it comes time for Maddie to express herself she doesn’t.

Then the bo
Seline
Nov 04, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
I’m only 53% into this book and there’s so much miscommunication. I’m annoyed and I don’t really like the characters. I don’t understand why Maddie would be mad he took a job in New York when she wouldn’t even tell him she likes him and would like him to stay. Girl you told him to take the job stop being angry at him a year later for leaving. Same goes for Aiden, he likes her too and wouldn’t tell her so. I know that’s part of the plot but that just creates so much frustration and unnecessary dr ...more
Mickeysreads
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, four-star, 2020-read
4 Stars

Romantic Comedies, most of the time are always a miss for me but I’m glad I finally found one I actually really enjoyed reading!!

Plot
So this book starts off pretty cliche, we have Maddie and Aiden who have been roommates and best friends since the past 2 years. Both of them secretly harbor feelings for one another but never express it and go on with their lives with other people. Until one day Maddie ends up blurting out that Aiden is her boyfriend. They keep up the charade until “someth
Nas
Oct 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
fingers crossed this will be waaaay better than the last few books pls
zaraa
Nov 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
it looks like rs grey’s writing is also going through a crisis like the year itself.

I have to be honest, this was probably the second or third book of R.S. Grey's in a row that I ended up not liking which is surprising because I have always loved her books since they are your typical romcoms.

Date Me Like You Mean It had pretty much everything that I look for in a romantic comedy and something that just instantly makes me happy and soft: bestfriends to lovers/ roomies/ fake dating/ sunshine
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arcs
Without a doubt, this is one of my favourite novels by R.S. Grey. I loved everything about this novel from the friendship to the romance. Both of these characters were written in such a way that they were authentic and felt like real people. It was a novel that had me laughing but also definitely hit me hard in the feels.

Along with this story being entertaining, it also included some of the struggles of adulthood such as balancing relationships (both platonic and romantic) with a difficult work
• Lisa •
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful; everything that I love all parcelled up and delivered in one fabulous romantic package. RS Grey knows exactly the buttons to press when it comes to writing a romantic comedy, combine that with her ability to write steamy and heartfelt and I’m all the way in. I really enjoyed these characters, their story had me hooked from chapter one and did I mention that this features my favourite ever romance reading trope? Yes my fellow addicts this is a friends to lovers story and ...more
mila
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
More like 2.5 tbh. I think I'm gonna take a break from RS Grey's books for a while since her new releases aren't hitting like they used to for me.

The bestfriends-roomies/fake dating/enemies to lovers trope promised something good, but I really didn't like the execution. The miscommunication was huge here as they have been friends for two years and both have secret feelings for each other, but no one takes the first step until Aiden is offered his dream job and Maddie hopes he stays for her and h
maddison
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
y’all already know i loved it😭
Anne OK
I really wanted to fall in love with these characters and their friends-to-lovers-second chance love story. It started out with a bang and things were going fabulously -- and I was drawn in immediately by the plotline and the cast of characters. But too soon things began to fall apart and slide downwards into what the heck territory.

As usual the comic relief is there in spades. Great lines of dialogue -- just not enough. At times things took a turn into lalaland and hard to swallow as true to l
eli
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
description
I really have mixed feelings for this book, I don't think it was bad, boring, or anything like that, but IMO to write friends to lovers you have to actually write the characters slowly realizing their feelings and building a relationship from that and the principal thing it should have its angst from the fact that they don't want to ruin their friendship.
now my problem with this book was exactly that, since the first chapter you can clearly see they're attracted to each other, especially Maddie,
Dali
In true R. S. Grey fashion, Date Me Like You Mean It will make you laugh and draw you into this tempting story about two best friends secretly pining for each other.

Hero : Aiden Smith is Maddie’s sister’s husband’s brother, which is how they met. He’s a sexy journalist who works in Austin but his dream job is to work at the New York Times.

Heroine : Maddie is quirky with a penchant to hide, avoid and lie about her true feelings toward Aiden even when asked point blank by the object
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
3.5 Stars! Loved this! Sweet, sexy, funny! Just an easy, light, adorable read!
Kimberly
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come but I absolutely devoured this book in a couple hours. My heart was being squeezed and pulled through their friends to enemies to lovers struggling to make things work with the terrible timing.

So much tension, longing, some pain, and a beautiful story from start to finish.

Full review:

Aiden and Maddie start off as roommates, though Maddie has a big crush on Aiden, and then become the best of friends. They know each other’s habits, tics, pet peeves, favorite foods, music, ever
ju
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"New York City has millions of people, and not one of them is you"

I absolutely adore R.S. Grey's books and when she posted about this one I knew I would love it as well because it has some of my favorite tropes: fake dating and best friends to lovers.

Even knowing this, I was still surprised by how much I loved it.

It was such a fast read, as every book by her is, with that on the point humor that made me laugh sooo many times.

I love the characters, Maddie and Aiden were amazing! I was expecting
Jam
Let’s be honest, almost all of R.S. Grey’s books are the same formula with small changes (read: settings).

One person has been in love with another person in secret forever, they start fuckin for some reason, other person reciprocates feelings, the girl resists and is in a fuckin tiffy for half the book about it for some unknown reason, love confessions then everything’s wonderful.

This book followed that formula too but with a few lil tweaks (angst) that made it slightly more interesting.

I’m n
Amy
5, Swoon-worthy Stars!!

“These are the words I’ve wanted to hear. They’re the words I imagined during so many lonely nights. But they’re just…words. They don’t change the past. They don’t repair the damage that’s already been done.”

“It feels like I can’t get her close enough. I want her inside me, part of me.”

“It’s the kiss of a lifetime. The kiss I’ve wanted for years. A kiss that comes right after the truth.”

R.S. Grey has knocked it out of the park with Date Me Like You Mean It. Aiden & Maddie’
jules
4.5

↳ ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange of an honest review.

When I first read the blurb, I was taken aback. I mean, I freaked out because the book was promissing some of my favorite tropes!! And I dare to say that Rachel didn't disappointed me.
The story spins around Maddie Lane and Aiden Smith, not only best friends and roommates but Aiden's brother is married to Maddie's sister, so they are always around each other.
Aiden became one of my favorite male characters from Rachel's books.
tai
The only reason why I am giving this 2 stars is because despite everything I enjoyed the first part of the story. It’s when the second part hit that I lost my interest in the book.

See, like most R.S. Grey books, I thought it was a very funny story! She is great with the humor and it’s why I love her stories so much: they never fail to make me laugh. But aside from that, I didn’t care about anything else in the book at all unfortunately.

The second part is filled with so much miscommunication fro
ertisakalaci
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
“𝒀𝒐𝒖’𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉. 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚? 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅. 𝒀𝒐𝒖’𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅.”

This was such a fun and fast read! I really enjoy R.S. Grey's writing style because it always gets you hooked in the story.

I was very excited about the tropes in this book friends to enemies to lovers (although I consider it more a friends to strangers to lovers), unrequited love and fake dating are some of my absolute favorites and this definitely delivered.

The first part explores Maddie and A
aurora
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads, arc
[ arc provided in exchange for an honest review ]

this was such a cute and funny read! it was super angsty which is exactly what i love and it was done so well ! i do love an unrequited love story and this delivered! i read part one in a sitting and i just couldn’t stop reading, i loved the setting of them being bestfriends and the fake dating aspect (even though i wish we saw a bit more of them fake dating).

after the time jump i wasn’t really sure what to expect because the synopsis implies th
Irene

Date Me Like You Mean It by R.S Grey is such a good read.

The storyline is beautifully written, it's entertaining from start to end and I couldn't put it down.
Aiden and Maddie are likable, relatable characters that I easily connected with. I laughed, I swooned and I may have shed a tear watching Aiden and Maddie's relationship unfold.
They're each other's BFF's and watching them try to steer clear of their deeper feelings had me both smiling and frustrated with them. But once they took th
mika
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
this was cute but i expected more
Fel (whatfelreads)
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
oooooKAY rachel. way to RIP MY HEART OUT. this book was nothing like i was expecting ??? i don’t really know what i was expecting, but it wasn’t this hahaha - like, wow. it’s broken up into 2 parts & when part 2 started i honestly wasn’t sure how i could feel anymore than i already did & then aidens POV happened & i don’t think i’ll ever be the same ???

this book was funny (as rachel just inherently is), VERY SAD (but don’t worry, it doesn’t stay sad), & also so so beautiful. the ending ??? THE
~Dawn~TUG
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sexual tension anyone? Friends to lovers, with a splash of angsty heart wrenching WHYYYYYYY thrown in...yep, classic R.S. Grey and I loved it. Friends, roommates, in-laws of sorts, but soulmates? It wouldn't seem so, just unrequited love until one fake answer leads to another situation, that leads to...you get the picture. Timing, it isn't always on this couples side, but one thing that is banter, friendship and hijinx, if only straight up communication was on the docket, but then we wouldn't ge ...more
Cassidy
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

This book has two parts. I really enjoyed and vibed with part one. I struggled a bit towards the end of part two. We have the friends to lovers and fake dating tropes that are always fun. I think back to many scenes fondly. It could be the state of the world has effected my interest at the end. This wasn’t a bad read.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Cookie
Shelves: favorites
Yowza!!! Date Me Like You Mean It took me by surprise. I love RS Grey - she is one of my favorite authors. Whenever someone asks me for romance or rom-com recommendations, she is my go-to author to recommend. When I read the synopsis of this book, I thought that this sounds like a cute friends-to-lovers romance that I'll probably like. It ended up being so much more than what I expected it to be.

This book is about best friends/roommates Maddie and Aiden. Maddie's sister married Aiden's brother
elle
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, what can I say? R.S. Grey did it again! I read this story in one sitting.

I was hooked on Maddie and Aiden. They had incredible chemistry.

While she was trying to figure out how to deal with her feelings for Aidan, so was he, and it just fed into the sexual tension between then; hence it made this slow burn romance super hot and sweet.

Date Me Like You Mean It was fun and made me feel a wide range of emotions. I loved every minute of it.

This isn’t the type of book that changes your life, bu
Sophie Randall
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arc in exchange for an honest review.
For starters, I was so psyched to get an arc to review. I was so excited and this book was honestly worth it! I loved it!

It was such a cute and fun read - I love books that lack drama and are just so joyful, funny and light. RS Grey does it again with another amazing romcom, this really is her zone.

I loved Maddie she was so cute, but I adored Aiden so much! He was such a good premise for the character and I loved his job as a journalist that was so cool!

The C
Ingrid
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Some Like It Hot!: Date Me Like You Mean It by RS Grey 1 10 Nov 03, 2020 08:54PM

• See Me After Class
  • Happily Letter After
  • Single Dad Seeks Juliet
  • I Promise You
  • The Christmas Blanket
  • Take A Number (Wait With Me, #4)
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • Chasing the Moon
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • The Setup
  • Pride and Papercuts (The Austens, #5)
  • Jingle Wars
  • Rule of a Kingdom
  • Halloween Boo (Holiday Hunk, #1)
  • Out of Love
  • The Right Player
  • Guilty as Charged
R.S. Grey is the USA Today bestselling author of fourteen novels, including THE FORTUNATE ONES. She loves books, chocolate, reality TV, and cold weather. She lives in Texas with her husband, daughter, and two dogs. Visit her at rsgrey.com.

Instagram: @AuthorRSGrey