Start by marking “Billy & The Beast (Ever After, New York, #3)” as Want to Read:
Billy & The Beast (Ever After, New York, #3)

Billy & The Beast

(Ever After, New York #3)

A stolen rose leads Billy to the Beast of his dreams...
The rose is so perfectly pink and delightfully fragrant, so temptingly within reach through the bars of the locked gate. One snip later, and a masked man from Billy’s darkest fantasies grabs his arm.

Billy’s punishment for the theft? To toil in the estate’s horribly overgrown garden for the summer. Only this summer job
ebook
Published September 29th 2020 by Pinkerton Road LLC

To ask other readers questions about Billy & The Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billy & The Beast

Start your review of Billy & The Beast (Ever After, New York, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I love fairy tales, especially dirty ones that involve sexy men doing naughty things to each other. Billy & the Beast is that kind of fairy tale.

Loosely based on Beauty and the Beast, Eli Easton's book is set in the here and now and features a kind, hardworking college student named Billy, who picks a rose for his mother from the seemingly abandoned estate on top of a hill, and a reclusive, taciturn, damaged man who lives on the estate.

The man, who tells Billy his name is Aaron, wears a m
~Volha~
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this modern retelling of tale as old as time Beauty and the Beast. I read it in one sitting, just couldn't put it down. It was angsty, moderately steamy, mildly suspenseful and featured two MCs with slight age and big income gap. The corresponding roles of Beast, Belle, Gaston and Father were easily identified. The villain was obvious and his scheme so devious, but I had such a rush reading it unfold. Literally at the edge of my seat while reading second part of the book! I l ...more
haletostilinski
Meh, this one didn't resonate with me as much as it seemed to resonate with others.

It didn't actually take me 8 days to read this, I just paused pretty quickly into this and re-read another series that I love.

This didn't capture my attention right away, I skimmed a few parts here and there. I've definitely read better from this author.

Now, were there cute and sweet parts? Absolutely. That's why I'm giving this three stars instead of any less. Despite how this dragged in places, was a little s
Cadiva
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was very lucky to get an early sight of this book and I absolutely fell in love with the wonderful romance and the cleverly plotted suspense element.

Based, obviously, on the fairy tale of a similar name, things seem to be travelling along a familiar path when the story starts.

Billy 'steals' a rose from an overgrown mansion garden and is confronted by a mysterious half masked man who tells him he has to come and fix the damage as payment.

The more time Billy spends at the house, the more our m
Rachel Emily
I LOVE fairy tale re-imaginings, and Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite. So that, combined with a favorite author? oooooh yes, please!

This had a sweet fairy tale feel to it, although it does seem to take place in our normal every day world. Although this is #3 in a series, they're all written by different authors so it's very easy to read this as a standalone.

Billy is such a sweetie. He loves his mom and dogs, he's so mature for his age, and he's definitely a cinnamon roll. He's the p
Zuzu
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
This was so sweet and I really enjoyed it.
R.J.
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. It’s pure romance at its best. Beautifully written and so romantic. Gorgeous.
Leslie
No Rating. DNF. Time of death: 51%. I think this will be a hit with many readers but it was not for me. It was so sweet I got a cavity. Which is why I say it’s a case of me and not the book. And why I say why it wasn’t for me. Because what is a minus for me could be a plus for others! Another note, I wasn’t big on the writing style either. I’ve enjoyed quite a few of this authors books though so that seems like a fluke.
Serra ᵔ·͈༝·͈ᵔ
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a delight!

The initial setup could’ve been executed a tad more smoothly, but it was nice that the “captivity” aspect of the original story was changed with paid gardening work as ammends! Why not improve the dynamics of the story while putting a modern twist to it, right?

Once the story got going, I was hooked. The slowly building friendship and attraction between Billy and Aaron was so lovely. Billy really brought so much light and hope to Aaron’s life, Aaron really flourished with the affec
.Lili.
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Man, I was excited for Billy and the Beast, but I must say it wasn't my favorite. It felt slow and didn't fully capture my attention. It was a slow burn romance, which I typically love, but it was a little too slow for me. I would've liked more time of them together. Lots of off-page happenings, it seemed. I will say Billy and Adam's interactions are cute, and the story is full of hope, but it just didn't all gel for me.

I'd still say go ahead and try it as I'm the minority. Everyone else loves
Anne Barwell
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ebook
I’m already a huge fan of this author and this story reminds me why. I loved Billy and Aaron and their contemporary retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Not only is this story about their friendship and love, but the plot has a wonderful mix of drama and action. Although I’d worked out who the bad guy was, and what he’d one, I was still on the edge of my seat as Billy and Aaron fight for not only their future together, but their lives.

I loved how this story fitted into the setting of Ever After,
Neta
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and could not put it down and had to stay up and finish reading it. This is not the first fairy-tale remake I read in the M/M genre, and not the first Beauty& the Beast one too, but it is certainly the best yet. i liked how it had a connection to the general plot of the original fairy-tale, but was it's own story with well rounded characters. I fell like most times the fairy-tale remakes rely too heavily on readers know the tale. You get the sense that the story i ...more
Bibliophile
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for fairy-tale retellings and a sucker for any stories featuring an MC who is damaged. Eli Easton did a great job modernizing this tale while also adding her own spin to it. I really appreciated the slow-burn lead up to both characters coming together and felt this story had just the right amount of angst and steam. It hit all of my buttons in a good way and proved a great way and I ended up reading the book in one sitting. Recommended!
Aldi
Nothing earth-shattering, but nice brain candy for an afternoon. Wouldn't even necessarily have pegged it as a fairy tale adaptation, not that that's a bad thing - they can go overboard on trying to match the source. It was fun.
Carlotta Hollis
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing update on this story. I absolutely loved Billy and Aaron. The slowly falling in love, intrigue and subterfuge made it even better. I was even happier to see Emmanuel get his comeuppance. This is a great read. Please grab this book you won’t regret it.

Megan
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 incredibly sweet stars!

The only reason this isn't a full 5 stars is honestly because of the steam factor. There was an incredible amount of sweetness, love, grumptastic caring, innocent joy, and the way they truly saw one another...all of that was fantastic and came together so beautifully that it needed Eli Easton's brand of sensual, soul-touching steam to balance it out and make it perfect. Think Redemption of River and Mating of Michael level of awesome, but without a ton of sexy times.

Aa
Lindsay
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I have a weakness for fairytales and jumped at the chance to read this story for myself.
Billy is a young man who loves a good horror movie and story his room is full of posters from the films, his friends are away at college and he stays in Ever After to care for his mother who has bipolar. To keep fit he rides his bike up the tallest hill in Ever After where all the rich live, true to the Beauty and the Beast trope he is at the top and recovering from his bike ride when he notic
⚣Michaelle⚣
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt, m-m-romance, series
I really liked this retelling of BatB. Definitely more along the lines of Disney than the Original version, but it worked really well for the story being told. Billy was bright and adorable, too curious for his own good, and completely loveable. ADORED how he looked everything up on YouTube. (I'm not hip with the interwebz speak but I think that's totally a mood.) Aaron was grouchy and stand0ffish, until he couldn't help but want to do things for Billy and was eventually drawn in by Billy's ligh ...more
Emilia
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun, contemporary retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Young pre-vet student Billy Martin bikes his way up to the mansions on the hill daily, and encounters a mysterious recluse named Arron while trying to pluck a perfect rose from the garden of a walled estate. Arron accuses Billy of theft, but then hires him on as a summer gardener to work off his debt. They find that they have much more in common than ever believed possible, and an unlikely romance blossoms along with the roses. This story ha ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Billy and the Beast by Rli Easton  is a contemporary MM retelling of the Beauty and the Beast story.  It takes places in the Ever After, New York shared world  but definitely stand alone, although I am intrigued and want to read the other books of the universe.

Billy is a sweet young man, looking after his mother and full of life.  Aaron is a rich ex-playboy who is scarred and broken from an accident that almost killed him.  We definitely get that opposite attract, young life helping heal the h
Edga
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms Easton has long been a favourite of mine, and once again she didn't disappoint.
This was a great contemporary version of one of my favourite fairy tales. Billy was genuinely himself and so kind , and the Beast (Sebastian), was rough around the edges, but held that inner quality we all expect to see in this fairy tale. You could see that he was heartbroken, and just hurting so badly, hiding his feelings behind acting like an arse.

As you can gather, I love Ms Easton's style of writing, it draw
Claire
Oct 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this version of the beauty and the beast! Like always, Eli Easton's writing is good and captivating. Overall, it was a great story with great characters.

I give it 3 starts because I was a bit disappointed that the road of miscommunication was used. I saw it coming since the beginning and hoped to be surprised... but surprised I was not. Also. I wished for Aaron to stayed more grumpy and reserved... I liked him that way. The more the story went, the more he became almost too sweet.
Shannon
I don't know what I was expecting but it was this. It was kind of like of retelling of Beauty and the Beast but not really. This had corporate intrigue, amnesia, a grumpy, scarred millionaire and Billy. The sweetest guy around. It really was just a good love story with all the other things thrown in there but they kept it interesting for sure. Fun read.
Lillian Francis
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: filed
Beautiful, romantic, and heartwarming modern day retelling of Beauty and the Beast.
The mystery was well crafted.
A joy to watch Aaron bloom under Billy's tender care.
Book 3 in the series but can definitely be read as a standalone. The only common thread
is the setting and a strange old witchy woman.
Highly recommended.
Tess
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Orly
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads, romance
*4.5 stars*

I loved most of Eli Easton Books, and this was no exception. She always writes very loveable characters, but also human and sometimes complicated, and therefore I always find myself care very much about them and anxious they'll get their happy ending.

This story is framed like a fairy tale - it occurs in the semi-legendary town Ever After, and the name of the book clearly refers to the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. However, it felt very real and human to me, not the misty-symbolic
San
🌟 5 LOVING MONSTERS STARS 🌟

Billy and Aaron stole my heart! This is now my top read of 2020. Let me tell you why!

This book has:

-one monster loving hero

-one self proclaimed monster who is in need of some loving

-a villain you want to stab (which is a sign of a well written antagonist)

-a fairy godmother who is more of an oracle

-dogs (need I say more?)

Combined with a very intriguing mystery subplot this book is not only incredibly hard to put down but an absolute page turner. In fact I almost let a
Linda Reads
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite fairy tale: Beauty & the Beast with M/M and intrigue…follow the money!
This is my all-time favorite trope and Ms. Easton’s M/M version does not disappoint. Billy Martin lives in Ever After, NY in a run-down little cottage with his mother who suffers from bipolar disorder and he goes to a local University because he needs to be near her. While training for a bike race, he notices some beautiful roses at the end of his uphill ride, plucks one and suddenly comes face to face with a stran
Susan Marie  Beattie
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Billy is a college student who lives in Ever After, New York. It’s the beginning of summer and he is out of school training for a marathon bike ride of 100 kilometers. He lives with his bi-polar mother, who currently, is in a depressed state. She hasn’t worked in a while and Billy needs to pick up a job for the summer to keep a roof over their heads.

He rides his bike up to the top of a steep hill in a wealthy neighborhood every day to train for his upcoming bike ride. One day, he stops at the t
Susana
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...
A single rose for his mother. That’s what Billy wanted. But he got caught and was punished with having to work as a gardener for Malfleur., the impressive mansion he was taking the flower from. Only it does not feel like a punishment, because Billy loves plants and gardening… and there is Aaron... handsome, scarred, hurting Aaron. He appeals to Billy in all the right ways. They slowly build a relationship which grows steadily, until the evil lu

• Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Sunshine & Shadows
  • After Felix (Close Proximity, #3)
  • The Edge of Heaven
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • A Long Way Back (Unfinished Business #2)
  • Hard Target (Wrecked: Guardians, #1)
  • Finch (Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #3)
  • Raise Up, Heart
  • Hair Out of Place
  • Painted Lace
  • Abstract Love
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • The Sex Coach
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Laying Pipe
  • Short Stack (Mixed Messages; Finding Home)
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

Ever After, New York (3 books)
  • Better Red (Ever After, New York, #1)
  • Holding Hans (Ever After, New York, #2)