Start by marking “The Other Side of Blue” as Want to Read:
The Other Side of Blue

The Other Side of Blue

Lyra Lennox has been in love with her brother’s best friend for as long as she’s been able to walk and talk.

Blue, the boy in the house next door has become every fantasy she's ever held close, until the night he climbs through her window covered in blood and tears and reveals his less than perfect life.
Four years later Lyra, a promising violinist, arrives at university o
Paperback
Published November 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Other Side of Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Side of Blue

Start your review of The Other Side of Blue
Angie
I’d never be able to let her go. To live without her again would be worse than death. I’d wanted death many times over the years, but now I knew there was one thing far worse... Something taking Lyra away from me.

4 Blue stars!

Holy crap y'all. I have to admit that the main reason I signed up for this book is because it reminded me of one of my absolute favorite series for two reasons: the nickname Blue and the teacher/student relationship. However, I quickly became hooked on this story for it
Victoria Weston
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
I always love reading books by this author as I love her style of writing. Once that I started reading this book I couldn't put it down and its one hell of a read that I recommend to everyone. This is a real friends to lovers romance that is awesome.

Lyra and Blue ( Jack ), this is there story and one that you must read and go on this ride with them. She has had feelings for him for along time and its hard on her completely after everything.
The way that this author has written these characters
Nina
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Then she opened hers and snapped her gaze onto my face.

And I knew we were ruined.

Surviving this car crash we’d strapped ourselves into was no longer a viable option.”

Lyra & Jack have been friends since childhood he is her older brother Luca’s best friend, she has always felt something more for him, than friendship. Jack comes from a broken home, and Lyra is the only light in what is otherwise a dark place.

Four years later after Jack left, Lyra is off to university on a scholarship to play th
Nikki Ashton
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blue is most definitely the colour of a gorgeous love story

Whenever you read an Anna Bloom book, you know your heart is going to ache and every single one of your emotions will be pushed to the limit. The Other Side of Blue is no exception. It has the beautifully haunting prose that has Anna’s signature all over it and flawed characters who push their way into your heart, determined to never leave.
Lyra and Blue’s chemistry is palpable, but the slow burn of their relationship manages to build up
Jo
Shelves: gmb
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

What have I just read?!

Anna has knocked it out of the park with this one. From their past to their present it was entrenched in intrigue and secrets and mystery all teetering on the edge of wrong and taboo.

Now, if only I can see into their future after that bombshell of an ending!!!!

Amazing story, wonderful character building and such an a-hole anti-hero in Jack!!

Blue, Green, bring on the damn rainbow!!
Anna Bloom
Sep 14, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The perfect writing song for Jack and Lyra
Sheila Schoenauer
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting to read this book since I first heard it was coming out. I am a sucker for brother's best friend books. The anticipation killed me. This book..... it's hard to put into words.

I absolutely loved it and hated it (and that would be the good kind of hate). Hated it because I want more!! Hated it because grumpy Jack was mean and horrible. Hated it because I hate what Jack has been through, and I GREATLY dislike Miriam. But I loved, LOVED Lyra. Little Lyra bird, little miss green.
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
It only took a minute before I was absolutely hooked on Blue & Green. Holy moly, the combo of these two was so much like fire and ice, a good chill and an even better burn.
Morally corrupt families, deceit & treachery pave the way for a love so strong, it’s literally flickered for years before finally igniting.
That curveball really threw me, and I don’t know how to feel about it. All I want is for things to finally find a harmony for this couple.
Angela
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Holy hell , what a ride . One minute I'm ' oh no ' , and the next minute I'm ' awwwww' .
Lyra and Blue's ( Jack ) story will pull on every single one of your heartstrings.
Then comes the ' Anna Bloom ' curveball that will seriously knock you sideways .
Ann (Literary Lust)
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have a new favourite colour and surprise surprise …. it’s blue! I started reading The Other Side of Blue late last night and I had to force myself to put my kindle down at 5am. If I could have forgone sleep I definitely would have. This book is unputdownable, and I am certain once you start Lyra and Jack’s story that you’ll feel the same way too.

Katelynn
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you love books filled with angst this one is for you! Lyra has been in love with her brother’s best friend for her whole life, but there is a 6 year age gap and his friendship with her brother that prevents them from having a relationship while they were neighbors. Blue or Jack ends up disappearing and Lyra feels lost navigating life without him. She decides to attend Berkley on a scholarship for violin where she meets her teacher aide...long lost Jack. I won't give away any spoilers from tha ...more
Alicia
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has been such a very good read! It is well written, balances past and present well without overloading the past at all, has great characters, and a plot into which I sank completely! The cast of characters is broad without losing any focus on the main pair. The unfolding of secrets, misconceptions and the deep love between Lyra and Jack is developed beautifully...and the cliffhanger! OMG! I did not see that coming!!!
Anna Bloom has been a new author to me and I am incredibly glad to have ma
Tracey
* Brothers Best Friend
* College romance
* Age difference
* Forbidden romance

I want book 2 now 'stamps feet'. I'm loving Lyra and Blues story.

I'm used to this authors stories being based in the UK, so was surprised to find this is set in the USA. There are many tropes mingled into this story, but they're done effortlessly.

I haven't read a college based romance for a while, this book has rekindled my interest in them. I was totally caught up in the story and loving the simmering attraction between
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
So I signed up to read this book on a whim after seeing a comment in a fb group. I literally went in blind had no idea what it was really about nor had I read this author before, but OMG 😲 what I ride this fabulous story took me on from the very first page.

The Other Side of Blue has everything secrets, lies, lust and love with great characters and an ending I definitely didn't see coming. I cannot wait to read the conclusion of Lyra and Jacks story.
Is it February yet?!!
Sarah Dale
Phenomenal!

Its no secret that I am a huge fan of Anna's work but this one honestly is her best writing yet. Once i started I was hooked and on the edge of my seat wondering how this would play out and Anna never once disappointed me.

This one is brilliantly written with brilliant twists and turns. There are so many secrets and the balancing on the lines of taboo makes this one read that you wont want to miss.

Lyra has loved one person all her life, the boy nextdoor Blue, one person she probably s
Jan
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can I just say an ending like that, reminds me how much of an impatient person I am, well, that's an understatement because *stomps foot, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT... NOW!

The other side of blue is a childhood to adult love story at the core, leading to twists and turns, ups and downs, emotional highs, and lows entwined around Lyra and Jack aka Blue's journey.

Lyra and Jack's story is a slowburn romance with an unexpected reunion leading to a crescendo that will have your heart thumping and
Karen Wood
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! This book gives you Goosebumps from the start, its a love story with a twist, I can usually see what's coming next, but I didn't see that coming, brilliant writing, it pulls you in immediately and leaves you wanting more.

The chemistry between Jack and Lyra is explosive, you see the new Jack and sometimes Blue, even when he is in charge he still has a certain vulnerability, the old blue is there hidden but coming out more as the story reveals. Lyra is sweet and naïve, but knows wha
Kari Hansen
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blue may have been her brother’s best friend, but he was also the man who starred in her teenage fantasies and stole her heart. She accepted that he would never see her as more than his best friend’s little sister, but she didn’t think that he would leave with no explanation or further contact leaving her with so many questions and no answers.

Four years later fate throws them together once again however he is not the boy she remembers. He is now distant, closed off and he has an impact on her e
Ann (Literary Lust)

This book contains everything I love. Two incredible main characters who I instantly connected with; secondary characters that added to the story perf
Late Night Reviews
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Did not realize how much this book would draw me in and not let me go. Jack and Lyra have taken over my mind and pulled at all my heart strings. I need the rest of their story right now, I did not realize I'd be stuck on a cliff hanger when some very important info was dropped at the end. That twist though!!

This story is so beautiful and forbidden and I can't recommend it more. The change Lyra and Jack go though in the four years they are separated is so heart breaking. And even though that tim
KarenLou NorthandSouthBlog
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nope.

It’s not allowed to end like that.
Nope.
I refuse to accept it.

So Lyra was in love with her brothers best friend. The boy next door. Most night she play her violin for him, hoping he would see her more than his best friends little sister. But life happens, Jack disappears and Lyra is broken, heart broken that he never said goodbye.

Fast forward to 4 years later, she gets in to college on a scholarship, she is moving on finally from jack.
Until he walks in to the office she is in. Jack is diffe
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
-Jenna, ☆☆☆☆

This story was a roller coaster of emotions! We meet Jack or Blue as he's called by Lyra, and of course Lyra. There is a lot of mystery with Jack and a lot of back and forth feelings I felt for him. Lyra was a great female character and I really loved her personality. She was a bit reserved and shy but when forced to, she came out clawing. The story like I said had ups and downs, twists and turns. My feelings ran hot and cold lol. It was just a great page turner and left me begging f
Debra Phiri (Dragon Nanny)
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected in the end but brilliant all the way through! Debra @Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

This story kept me guessing from the beginning as to what was going on, what was going to happen and truly would the couple get their happy ending!

Our story is wrought with so much emotion and times you are not sure if you want to hug the characters or have them go for some quiet time!

It is a great read that you will not be forgetting anytime soon. The ending will surprise you.

I love Blue and Lyra! The
Na
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come soon
Stital
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Deeply emotional and heart breaking, the Other Side Of Blue starts out a little slow, but builds such a solid foundation - needed for the gut wrenching story to come.

It's a beautifully written story of heartbreak and love, secrets and goodbyes, new starts and heart shattering revelations.
With two broken and flawed souls for main characters and a palpable connection between them your heart is going to ache as their story unfolds.

This is my first time reading Anna Bloom and her writing has me co
Emma B
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is love story that will pull at your heart strings. Lyra & Blue (Jack) grew up next door to each other and he was her brothers best friend until one day Blue disappeared without a word to Lyra.

Lyra spent the last four years mourning blue not knowing if he was alive, Blue has spent the last four years trying to escape the place he calls home, She's the past he's trying to forget.

Lyra is granted a music scholarship and she isn't keen to take it but she sets out to fulfill a promise she made
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
My mind is totally blown! What a book! Anna Bloom’s talented way with words had me wholly consumed with Lyra and Jack’s (Blue’s ) story.

A brother best friend romance, this is so so much more. The intriguing way in which Jack departed Lyra’s life and the brilliant way the story seamlessly flowed between past and present had me eating up all the words and mirroring the characters feelings.

Meeting again, Lyra blossoms and breathes new purpose into Jack. But secrets wrap around these two like a no
World Of Books 65
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Waiting for 4 months for the next part of this story 'The Other Side of Green' is going to be agony! The cliff hanger is one I really didn't see coming but was adapt and in a twisted way the perfect one for Lyra and Jack. Their story is anything but ordinary as if you have read an Anna Bloom book before you will know is what make's her style of writing different.

Jack and Lyra knew each other years ago, now at college Lyra was not expecting to meet Jack again and not as the pastoral care for the
Riley Wolfrick
ARC Review
Riley Wolfrick/The Dragon Den Book Blog
***
I got pulled into this story so fast. The secrets, the mystery, the hows and whys. The sexual chemistry was a huge attraction as well, lets not forget. SOOOOO GOOD!
Golly-gosh, I wish I could go into more detail as to why this book has now got me gripping my kindle and yelling and bitting my nails to cure the reader's itch I have, but sadly, you'll have to find out for yourselves when it comes out.
Cheers to Anna Bloom!
Rebecca Ernst Vazquez
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was definitely not the story I was expecting... it was better! Lyra is the apple of her brother, Luca's, eye. She's a nerdy violin player who's crushing after her brother's best friend and battered boy-next-door, Jack ("Blue"). Just when Blue begins to introduce Lyra to the world, he's forced to drop out of it, and Lyra mourns the loss of him for four years, not knowing if he's even alive. After Lyra receives a prestigious music scholarship, she's shocked to find Blue is assigned as her men ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ruin: The Reprise (Black Hearts Still Beat, #4)
  • Doc (Ruthless Kings MC, #7)
  • Corrupt My Mind (North Haven University, #1)
  • Rough Ride (Chaos, #4.5)
  • Inked (The Driven World)
  • Swing and a Mishap (Summersweet Island, #2)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus #1)
  • Opium Skies
  • Glass Heart Broken (Glass Heart Academy, #2)
  • Wealthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago Book 7)
  • Imagine With Me (With Me In Seattle, #15)
  • The Devil's Vow
  • The Test (The 4 Horsemen, #2)
  • Free to Breathe
  • Catch Me When I Fall (Falling Stars #2)
  • Falling into You (Falling Stars, #3)
  • Single Dad Seeks Juliet
Romance without limits!
A book hoarder and coffee addict at heart Anna's main existence in life is to create beautiful words about exquisitely flawed characters. She's a slow burn Princess and all about working for that happy ever after, but she guarantees when you get it, you'll fall so hard you might never want to surface again.
Be prepared to oooh and aaah and squeal with delight as Anna takes y