Start by marking “Minden ​Dolgok Neve (Sárkányok kórusa, #2)” as Want to Read:
Minden ​Dolgok Neve (Sárkányok kórusa, #2)

Minden ​Dolgok Neve

(A Chorus of Dragons #2)

A megfelelő áldozatért cserébe bármit megkaphatsz…

Kihrin D’Mon egy egész birodalom haragja elől menekül, mióta megsemmisítette a Béklyókövet, és ezzel szabadjára engedte a démonokat Quurban. Szökési kísérlete Janel Theranon, a rejtélyes jorati nő útjába sodorja, aki azt állítja, hogy ismeri őt.

Amikor Janel arra kéri, hogy segítsen, Kihrinnek számos veszéllyel kell szembené
Published November 10th 2020 by Agave Könyvek (first published October 29th 2019)

Start your review of Minden ​Dolgok Neve (Sárkányok kórusa, #2)
Petrik
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC & Review Copy provided by my friend—Traveling Cloak—and the publisher—Tor UK—in exchange for an honest review.

The Name of All Things is vast, complex, and engrossing; a wonderful improvement over its predecessor.

It’s quite surreal to think that Jenn Lyons released her debut, The Ruin of Kings, at the beginning of this year and a week from now its sequel, The Name of All Things, will be published to the world as well. Some of you may be familiar with The Ruin of Kings; it was Tor’s biggest an
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Okay, so it doesn’t have all our peeps from the first book but I still loved it!! The third book will have them in it! And that 3rd book cover is amaze balls! I look forward to the continuing story!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
C.G. Drews
I procrastinated starting my review for this because how do you review something so utterly, complexly perfect?!. You DON'T. You just stand aesthetically in the rain to cover up the emotions attacking your face because you have to wait months (AND MONTHS) for the next book. Least to say discovering Jenn Lyons' work has been my favourite part of 2020. Her fantasy is deliciously complicated and the backstory and histories are so deep, but never in an unnecessary way, and the plot twists and scheme ...more
Eric Allen
Nov 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"What's that," asked the author. "You absolutely loved the characters from the first book. Yeah. Fuck you. They're not in this one."

"What's that," asked the author again. "You were really into the story of the first book, and couldn't wait to find out what happened next? Well, fuck you twice. This book has nothing to do with anything that happened in the first book, even though, you know, the apocalypse just started and all."

Raise your hand if you HATE when authors do this.

(-_-)/

Okay. So. I'm a
Taylor
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Warning: This review features minor spoilers for The Name of All Things, as well as a major spoiler regarding the ending of the first book in the series, The Ruin of Kings. If you haven't read The Ruin of Kings or The Name of All Things yet, you might want to proceed with caution when it comes to reading my review for The Name of All Things.)

I really liked The Name of All Things for many reasons, I definitely have some very mixed feelings about the book as well. On the positive side of things,
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
This review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

The Name of All things is the second book in the A Chorus of Dragons series following on from the first book, The Ruin of Kings. The Name of All Things features a new main character in Janel Theranon and runs parallel to that of Kihrin’s story in The Ruin of Kings apart from the final part of the book which moves the present storyline forward.

The Name of All Things starts two days after the c
Ash | Wild Heart Reads
I absolutely loved The Ruin of Kings, so to get an early copy into my hands was a gift from the gods. The Name of All Things picks up pretty much directly after The Ruin of Kings, with Kihrin having found himself in Jorat after needing to leave Quur because he maybe, hypothetically, technically killed the Emperor. But it wouldn't be the Chorus of Dragons series if Kihrin caught a break, soon enough he finds himself roped into killing a dragon - among other things.

"If you hear my dying sc
Thank you very much to Pan Macmillan Australia for providing a review copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

The Name of All Things is the epic sequel to a fantasy book that has already become an all-time favourite of mine. The Ruin of Kings was a stunning and complex novel with badass characters and a phenomenal storyline that kept me gripped to the page. A book such as this would be difficult to top, but Jenn Lyons manages to do just that with The Name of All Things.

While The Ruin
Freya Marske
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For my money, this is even better than the first book in the series. It's smoother and faster, with a much more straightforward narrative, and it contains all the things I loved best about book 1 (snark! dragons! footnotes! more snark!) plus: incredible action scenes, the badass horse-girl protagonist of my heart, some AMAZINGLY compelling villains, and the burgeoning spark of a three-way romantic tangle in which I am now deeply invested.

(Read in ARC form because I'm lucky and I know Jenn well e
Megan ❀
I am in love with one (1) woman and her name is Janel Theranon.

This book is a VAST improvement over its predecessor novel. In The Ruin of Kings, the two biggest detractors for me were the unnecessarily convoluted method of storytelling and the sheer number of fantasy elements that didn't have enough nuance to be interesting yet. The Name of All Things not only solves all those issues I had with the first book, but improves upon everything that made me enjoy the first novel.

What turns most people
TheMilkMaid
....i loved loved loved book 1 and i came for kihrin....this book was not about kihrin it was about janel. janel is so-so, her story however was mindnumbingly boring. no one is more upset about this low rating than me, trust me. this series was going to be one of my favourites. maybe less janel next time? maybe.
Bob/Sally
When I read The Ruin of Kings back in March I called it the best epic fantasy I have read in ages, a complex story that was so much more than the sum of its parts. The only book to have challenged it (so far, at least) for year’s best is The Priory of the Orange Tree, but that’s a serious toss-up. My first thought upon finishing the final chapter is that The Name of All Things isn’t quite in the same category as either of those books, but it’s good . . . and as sequels go, it’s really good.

Narra
Lizy
Note: I requested this ARC directly from Tor on the first day I saw it was available through Edelweiss (I just wanted a hard copy so I didn't get it directly through Edelweiss). A ridiculously huge thank you to the publisher & the author. I am fully aware that I am probably the first person to finish this book who isn't a personal friend of Jenn Lyons or an employee at Tor--at the very least I am the first person to write a written review and I would never, ever forgive myself for spoiling a sin ...more
Anil
Nov 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry I couldn't rate it -52 stars. :|

This is a book a book written for leftist idiotic proganda of sex and gender, really jenn? If I ever wanted myself to educate about these subjects the last thing I would choose to read is a fantasy book. This book and the the book "On the Shoulders of Titans" by Andrew Rowe are proofs that the left has no ground narrative to build it's politics on, this is why they want to propagate this idiocy in youngsters and ignorants who don't read anything other th
Amy Imogene Reads
The book gods heard my confused yet impressed rage and clearly wanted to put me out of my misery—I have an ARC! The Ruin of Kings (book 1) absolutely wrecked me as a reader. I couldn’t forget it. It was infuriatingly obtuse, clever, and convoluted—and yet I loved it. I am SO interested in what will happen in this one.

Thank you to TOR for sending me an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.

T Coffee Fiend
Dec 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF.

This sequel did not at all follow the story or characters of the first book. That's the first thing you should know before starting.

Second thing you should know is that the story being told is boring. I found it hard to care about what is happening during the 'telling' of these misadventures.

I especially disliked how one of the characters retells his story by reading from his chronicles and so is constantly referring to himself in the third person.

I absolutely **hate** the constant refer
Ashley
Was this better than the first book? Yes. Was it still a little overly complicated? Yes. Was I still confused about what was actually going on below the main surface story? Yes. Will I continue to read this series? Yes.

This book did not go where I thought it was going to. I had assumed we would continue on with our main character, Kihrin, but instead, this book focuses on Janel ((view spoiler)
Marcia
DNF. Notes to self about why I shouldn't try to finish it in the future:
1) still hate the footnotes. Distracts from just reading the book and they don't add anything except demeaning sarcasm.
2) after getting through the first 75 pages I'm still bored out of my mind and especially let down how slow and frustrating the storyline is going.
3) wtf is all this talk about stallions/mares/female/male? Don't care. Doesn't make the story better. If Janel has to tell the reader that she's better than any o
Kayla
If you wondered what my reading plans are after finishing Oathbringer it's reading book one of this series so I can get to the ARC before release day

Thank you so much to Tor for providing me with this ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Marta Cox
Have you ever wished you could save the world ? Well Kihrin almost destroyed his when he released not just slaves but Demons as well. This is the second book in this series and as it follows Kihrin on his journey we learn about others who have a vested interest in Kihrin and a rather special blade he carries. Janel has been waiting for Kihrin but she's a woman of secrets and surprises. Let's be honest here Janel is awesome ok she's not perfect but I'd certainly buy her a pint ! I'm not entirely ...more
Melissa (thereaderandthechef)
Aww no, I never wanted The Name of All Things to end! What will I do now until The Memory of Souls comes out?

Oh but this book was AMAZING. Still trying to wrap my head around all of the events that took place in this installment which happened around the same time of the events in The Ruin of Kings. I will forever be in awe at how well crafted this book is. Every turn and plot twist is simply genius and I am just anxious to keep spending more time in this world!

But anywhoo, in The Name of All Th
Ives Phillips
Do you love horses? Then you'll love this book!

Seriously, I had to DNF this book halfway through. Maybe it's because I was too stressed over NaNoWriMo and other, more pressing matters in my life, but I couldn't pick up this book with the glee that I usually feel about epics. I thought that the story would be more interesting, but it just slagged along. I may have to pick this up again when my mind isn't all over the place and reading this didn't feel like a chore.
Alaina
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Does anyone else think it's weird that I got the ARC for book 1 and then book 3.. but never knew about book 2 until now? Unless it's just me.. which honestly, I'm okay with.

Now the first book of this series was pretty likable to me. Yeah, I enjoyed it but for not knowing that two more books were already made.. well, damn - I needed to dive into the second book. That being said, The Name of All Things was pretty freaking good.

I honestly laughed so much while reading this book and I'm not even sur
I received a copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

Dun, dun, dun…

After the ending of Ruin of Kings, I was eagerly anticipating the sequel, and The Name of All Things did not disappoint! This picks up three days after the events of Ruin of Kings though it relays the same timeline as Kihrin told Talon from a different perspective, Janel and Qown, and in a different part of the world. I loved that
Conrad J
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I almost never write a review before finishing but at the halfway mark, I feel compelled to warn readers that this series is tedious and convoluted; I was eager to read about the characters from the first novel but the cast from the first novel is sidelined to focus on another aspect of the story. (No spoilers)

Lyons has a rich world and I applaud the ambitious scope of her story. Yet, I feel disappointed by the execution of it. The story goes from one Canton to another, with boring travel dialog
Katy
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I HAVE NEVER WANTED ANYTHING MORE THAN KHIRIN/JANEL/TERAETH TO BECOME CANON OT3
Lois Young
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took a while longer than I wanted it to (I listened to the audiobook during my commutes), but I finished this crazy, yet amazing sequel!

In short, this sequel is set during the same timeline as "The Ruin of Kings," but you start to wonder which protagonist/victim had the more traumatic experience. More dragons, prophecies and hidden identities come into play as the end-of-the-world is the main focus of all of the characters in this world. Book 3 is going to be epic!

Complete RTC!!!
Max S
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS SERIES IS FUCKING PHENOMENAL.
David H.
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This ended up being a deeply engaging book, just as the first one was. Once I started I kept wanting to read more and more of it--for the mystery, for the characters, for the cool stuff that was going on. Lyons was able to keep the footnoted-multi-narrative style going, though perhaps in a way that will be less confusing for people than the last one (I was fine with how The Ruin of Kings was done, however), but this isn't really Kihrin's book, but Janel's, and it was interesting seeing from (mos ...more
Nina M.
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, usually I would *hate* to side with the people who downvoted this, mostly because a large chunk of them did so for homophobic/anti-SJW reasons (and yes, if by social justice you mean representing human beings, then the incels have a point, I guess it falls into that category). So, I would love to give it five stars merely for the fact that it tried. The plot is edge-of-the-seat, too. The writing is too fast-paced, but I think most of us reading epic fantasy can forgive that in exchange for ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Correct page number 6 27 Dec 31, 2020 11:43PM

• The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Legacy of Ash (Legacy Trilogy, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Sorcery of a Queen (Dragons of Terra, #2)
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Ashes of the Sun (Burningblade & Silvereye, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • White Sand, Volume 3 (White Sand, #3)
  • Dead Astronauts (Borne, #2)
  • Reverie
  • The Monster of Elendhaven
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Pursuit of William Abbey
  • Allegiance (Hell Divers #6)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • City of Stone and Silence (The Wells of Sorcery, #2)
Jenn Lyons lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with her husband, three cats, and a lot of opinions on anything from the Sumerian creation myths to the correct way to make a martini. At various points in her life, she has wanted to be an archaeologist, anthropologist, architect, diamond cutter, fashion illustrator, graphic designer, or Batman. Turning from such obvious trades, she is now a video game produc ...more

A Chorus of Dragons (4 books)
  • The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons #1)
  • The Memory of Souls (A Chorus of Dragons, #3)
  • The House of Always (A Chorus of Dragons #4)

News & Interviews

“How easy is it to convince ourselves we’re infallible, that our way and point of view are the only ones that matter. Oh, it is the easiest trap, and it always comes loaded with the most effective bait, our own desperate need for self-worth.” 0 likes