Start by marking “Home in Your Arms” as Want to Read:
Home in Your Arms

Home in Your Arms

After her sweetheart Joe dies in a road accident, twenty-four hours after he returns from Army service, grieving Karla Payne slams the door on love. Five years later, Karla's tavern business is booming, and she owns her home, but she knows forever love has no part in her future.

Headed to interview for his first civilian job, retired career Army 1st Sgt. Zane Blackthorne ca
Published October 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Home in Your Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home in Your Arms

Start your review of Home in Your Arms
Sydney Winward
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I’ve read in the Deerbourne Inn series, and I must say what a great series it is so far! The author did a great job at painting the scene and developing well-rounded characters. I always love a serious character whose smiles are rare but whose heart is genuine and so capable of loving. Zane was just that character for me. He and Karla made a great match.

As Karla learns to love again after such a tragic loss, I can’t help but be pulled along in a great narrative full of ho
Rhonda Gilmour
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I found this one touching, sweet, a little steamy, and super-cozy with its setting in a charming Vermont town. There’s even a Maple Sugar Ball! I love the way the author blended serious elements (grief and PTSD) with lighter elements, and her heroine and hero were both so sympathetic and relatable. A lovely, low-stress comfort read for autumn.
Bookish
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A heartbreakingly sweet, second chance at love story, small town read. All the feels. I really enjoyed this.
Charlotte O'Shay
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Author review:
This is the story you've been asking for. Karla gets her HEA and with one of my favorite-ever heroes—ex-military, Zane Blackthorne. HOME IN YOUR ARMS is my second and final book for the Deerbourne Inn series. I loved spending time in the small town world of Willow Springs. Karla & Zane meet when the time is right for love after loss and I adored watching them figure out the other was perfect for them. Karla stubbornly takes a little longer than Zane to realize...I hope you find thi
Peggy Jaeger
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

In the latest addition to the DEERBOURNE INN series, Charlotte O’Shay gives us a love story filled with grief, loss, and finding love again when you’ve closed your heart to it.

While I was reading this lovely story the old song, Torn Between two Lovers kept playing in my head! (I’ll explain why in a bit!)

Karla Payne lost the love of her life in an accident before they could be married. Filled with grief, she’s determined to never let love in her heart again.

Retired Army man Zane Blackthorne was
N.N. Light
Retired Army 1st Sgt. Zane Blackthorne wants to visit his fallen brother-in-arms’ sweet hometown in Vermont. When he looks up Joe's sweetheart, Karla, he's unprepared for the sparks that fly. She's beautiful, smart, and incredibly heroic for all she's had to go through. He fights his feelings for her to honor his friend but it's getting harder and harder the more time they spend together. He knows she'd never love him like she loved Joe but his heart doesn't listen to him. Can he walk away from ...more
Mary  Smith
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first novella in Deerbourne Inn series, Forever in a Moment, I was hooked and eager for the next. The setting for this series is perfect for cozying up on your couch with a cup of tea and escaping to a scenic small town to read about love (much better than my tiny apartment!)

Charlotte has a knack for making every story seem relatable. While I have never experienced a loss of love, I felt Karla's sadness when deciding to put the past behind her, to make memories with someone new
Jean
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Zane is now out of the military service and was going to Deerbourne Inn in Willow Springs after hearing so much about it from Joe who served with him but one night cost Joe everything including his life so Zane decided to go and spend some time there. Karla owned The Stone Hearth Tavern and she loved working there but after Joe died she has struggled every day. Zane decides to go and see Karla as Joe loved her so much that he always talked about her but what Zane didn't expect was his reaction w ...more
Maria Imbalzano
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the people who live in the small town of Willow Springs, Vt. as well as the town itself. I especially love Charlotte O’Shay’s characters in “Home In Your Arms.” Karla is the feisty, independent owner of the Stone Hearth Tavern who experienced tragedy five years earlier when Joe, the love of her life, died in a car accident the day he came home from Afghanistan. She knows she will never love again. Until Zane arrives in Willow Springs—a town he’d heard so much about from his army buddy, Jo ...more
Sharon
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet read. It was a story of second chances. Taking the risk of tour heart to get the life you want.
Zane is a veteran that returns to the hometown of a former soldier who passed away when he got home by a hit and run . He meets Karla who was his love and is drawn to her. She hAs lives a full but loveless life since Joe passed.
Zane grows so much and puts himself out to
Prove to Karla that they are each other home. Karla was a bit back and forth for me but when she committed it was nice
Penny Leidecker
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully told story of how Zane and Karla get a second chance at love, after Karla loses her fiancé, Joe, to a hit and run driver, while he’s on leave and Zane married young and divorced. Zane was Joe’s senior NCO and they became friends. Joe was always talking about Willow Springs, Vermont, his hometown. When Zane leaves the service, he visits and tries to decide what his future will be. Zane and Karla are attracted to each other, but will they act on it or will Zane move for his n ...more
Shelly Wygant
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
A second chance at love after tragedy.

Karla lost her love, Joe after he returned from serving. Kane served with Joe in the service. He goes to Joe's hometown on his way to looking for a job. He meets Joe's fiancee Karla. As they become friends and share stories of Joe, they finds some strong feelings for each other. Can they get over the past and settle for the future.

This was a emotional story because of when Karla and Zane have been through. I loved that Kane does push Karla out of her comfo
Deb O
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This was a well developed and well written story with amazing characters that I loved reading. It's a beautiful story of Zane and Karla's second chance at love. He was married at a young age and divorced, her fiancé is killed by a hit and run driver while on leave. I loved watching them become a couple it's a second chance, heartbreakingly sweet, great small town romance that I loved reading and I can't wait to read more.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leavi
Jessica
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The theme of “home being a person” really stood out for me in this book. I enjoyed how the author incorporates it throughout the story, especially for Zane, but Karla too.

I liked watching as Zane and Karla developed their relationship from the first time they meet. The author does a good job filling in the history of each of them, as well as their connection to Joe.

Overall, I enjoyed the book.
Linda Rea
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Karla has buried her heartbreak way down so that after five years no one knows how much she hurts till Zane, a soldier her fiancé Joe served with. Zane heard so many wonderful stories from Joe about Karla and the town he knew he just had to stop and see for himself but after meeting Karla he never wanted to leave but can Karla love again? This story was so sweet but the heartbreak was so sad you just keep hoping someone will be happy.
Sara Munoz
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This interesting book 20 in the Deerbourne Inn Series is a good small town romance read with good characters with good histories. The story has a good story line that is emotional and full of heartbreak . These well-crafted characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable touching, sweet, and steamy romance read.

Alison Davis
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought that this book had a really great love story. It was well written and you were cheering on Karla and Zane from the beginning. They had an instant bond and the reason why is heartbreaking yet its a good thing. I loved the surprise at the end and would definitely recommend this book to all you hopeless romantics!!

Jeanne Richardson
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Charlotte O’Shay; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Dawn
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Zane and Karla share the loss of someone. Zane goes to Deerbourne to experience the town he has heard about over years. Never expecting to find his soul mate and true love. Karla still grieving the loss of Joe and a unborn child. She meets Zane and they fight the love. Beautiful story of loss, love and future
Heather Navarre
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love reading small town romances.

Karla is a feisty bar owner who had an amazing love (Joe) and he was taken from her too soon.

In walks Zane a man who used to serve with Joe. There’s something about him that appeals to Karla.

They didn’t intend for love but you can’t control who you fall in love with.
Kimberly
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book is a good small town romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an enjoyable touching, sweet, and steamy romance read.

Bridget Hickey
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick read that covers grief PSd.There are some hot moments,thus has a great story line they you will enjoy
Jennifer Richey
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A heartbreaking sweet 2nd chance at love story! All the emotions reading this book! Small town book just the characters Zane & Karla fighting their attraction I just couldn’t put this book down!! ...more
Dave
Mick Loves Books
Jan Tomalis

• Middle Ageish
  • The Ex Assignment
  • Ravage (Untamed Sons MC, #1)
  • Soul of the Storm
  • The Woman Outside My Door
  • The One that (Almost) Got Away (Palm Harbor Book 1)
  • I Just Need You
  • Atlas Memorial: Love, Lust & Saving Lives
  • The Forever Girl (Wildstone, #6)
  • Kingdom of Thorns
  • She Lies Alone
  • Gold Digger: A Whisky's Novel
  • Ghost in the Machine
  • Happiness for Beginners
  • GMC: Goal, Motivation and Conflict: The Building Blocks of Good Fiction
  • Mountain Blaze
  • The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)
  • Master of Control (Gods of Vegas, #5)

Escape into Charlotte O'Shay's award winning sweet & steamy romance