Start by marking “In the Orbit of Sirens” as Want to Read:
In the Orbit of Sirens

In the Orbit of Sirens

THE LAST FRAGMENTS OF THE HUMAN RACE ARE FORCED TO ADAPT TO A DANGEROUS NEW WORLD OR FACE EXTINCTION.

When starship mechanic, Denton Castus, is caught in the destructive path of a devastating war, he abandons his home and seeks refuge on a distant planet. However, this new safe haven has undiscovered threats of its own. Eliana Veston, a scout preparing the planet for the re
Hardcover, first edition, 502 pages
Published October 4th 2020 by Tom Bruno Author

To ask other readers questions about In the Orbit of Sirens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Orbit of Sirens

Start your review of In the Orbit of Sirens
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

So flipping amazing! Among the best books I've ever read!

In the Orbit of Sirens just received the B.A.A.G Medallion Honoree Award, and it is so very well deserved. This novel ranks among the best I have ever read - It just blew me away! Not only is it an amazing Sci-Fi story that brims with action, but it also includes a great cast of characters to get invested in as they develop over time and additionally, Bruno’s imaginative settings are otherworldly stunning and most vividly descriptive.
Abel Montero
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Breck neck pace, fun dialogues and a plot that spans multiple timelines to save humanity and its future on a new planet.

Add:
- creepy, deadly robots
- weird birdman aliens
- interesting family dynamics

What's not to like?
And the book features beautiful illustrations.
Space opera fans can't skip on this 🖤
B.T. Keaton
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
World-building is clearly Bruno's forte in this gripping debut set on an Earth-like planet where the past and the present, separated by three centuries, comes together poignantly. This grim tale manages to exude both hope and endless imagination in equal measure without getting too philosophical (though I would've liked more of the latter) all while drawing eerily on our very own modern-day concerns around very real threats like famine and disease. Bruno excels at painting an objective display h ...more
gj indieBRAG
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that IN THE ORBIT OF SIRENS by T.A. Bruno is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Valerie
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely a fun ride. I found myself eager to continue reading in whatever free time I could find. It has the perfect balance of action and adventure. I highly recommend for anyone that has an interest in science fiction!
Book Reviewer
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In the Orbit of Sirens by T.A. Bruno is a bone-chilling science-fiction thriller that warps fiction, fantasy, and reality in wonderful and scary ways. It begins when humanity is left stranded after a starship destroys the Sol-System. They head to Kamaria where an intriguing and deadly alien species is also in competition with them. The main characters of this book are Denton and Elian, both of them intelligent and resilient people who go on an action-filled adventure to save their world. There a ...more
Peter Baran
YA Sci-Fi where the remains of the humanity head to colonise a alien world and discover something nasty out there. And I rather liked its urgency and setting to start off with - the idea of an advance party gently getting a planet ready for a huge influx of thousands of people gave both a ticking clock, and a decent shape to the exploration (coupled with solving an alien disease). Throw in a mysterious dead city and I was sucked in, disaster and then five years later...

Five years later the colon
BooksCoffee
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After destructive starship machines force humanity to abandon their homes in the Sol-System and seek shelter somewhere else, Kamaria, a small planet shrouded in mystery, becomes the hub of life-or-death negotiations with advanced alien species also in race to make the mysterious planet their home.

As Denton Castus, a resilient everyman, and Eliana Veston, a gifted researcher, work to secure their future, a new menace arises, threatening to destroy their plan. What follows is an action-packed, da
Poppy Cain
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Netgalley gave me an electronic ARC in return for an honest review* Thank you to them and the writer.

In the Orbit of Sirens is the SciFi I didn't know I needed to get me back into the fever of distant planets and things stalking the abyss of space is nothing more than metal shuttles and armed with a will to consume.

If Stargate: Atlantis, Skyward and To Sleep In A Sea of Stars were stories you found interesting, this is the perfect next tale for you to dive into. And now that were are in the hol
Ahri
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW. So I'm still just starting to dip my toes into the science-fiction world, and this book was just absolutely amazing. The world-building and writing style just brings the alien world of Kamaria to life.

The characters, especially Eliana, were so well written and believable, it just make the whole book easy to visualize and kept me engaged the whole duration of the book. There were absolutely no points where I grew bored or felt any disappointment.

Easily one of my new favorite series - I can
Mark Sandell
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book that kept me engaged and eager to learn more until the end. The storytelling makes it so easy to visualize the fantastical alien environments of Kamaria, you quickly grow attached to the leading characters, and the satisfying action leaves you yearning for more. It's a unique take on humanity's struggle to survive against all odds. I hope there’s a sequel in the future!

I received an advanced review copy of this book.
Tony Stafford
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have always been a big fan of SciFi, and this book did not disappoint! The author created an engaging world at both a macro and micro level. Whether talking about an entire solar system, or the interpersonal relationships between a couple of characters, I felt truly immersed in this futuristic story of the human race. I definitely recommend this book to a prospective reader!
Dr susan
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent sci fi adventure

But I had to stop reading Sirens several times due to the body count and the horror elements. The book is well-written with a great plot, likeable characters (some of them survive), a touch of romance and fantasy, and deserves 5 stars. You know the saying, "It's not you, it's me?" Well, that perfectly explains my feelings toward In the Orbit of Sirens.
Paul
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice mix of sci-fi, suspense, tech and action that is quite engaging. The author uses a nice writing style and creates some fun characters. I look forward Bruno's next offering. Recommended.

I really appreciate the review copy!!
Steve Bender
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A neat SF novel that starts with the Solar system being overrun by a machine intelligence. Two colony sips escape to a new world. The best part of the novel was the planet exploration. The last third of the book nvolves a fight with a fantasy opponent. Not so good on that part. But an enjoyable story with a mix of military SF, planet exploration, and fantasy.
Milian Smith
Jan 04, 2021
Mike Holt
Jan 18, 2021
T.A. Bruno
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books, best-scifi

• A Nest for Lalita
  • Hawk: Hellfire
  • Oasis One
  • The Whale Rider
  • In Lost Dreams the Four Were Bound (Genean Chronicles #1)
  • Children of the Miracle
  • The Charmed Wife
  • The Mask of Mirrors (Rook & Rose, #1)
  • Rats in a Maze
  • Auē
  • Crossing the Digital Faultline: 10 Leadership Rules to Win in the Age of Digitalization and Uncertainty
  • Tryst
  • APEX
  • Last Exit For Betrayal
  • Two Scoops, not Three
T. A. BRUNO has brought stories to life for over a decade as a previsualization artist in the film industry. At home, he is a proud father of two boys and a husband to a wonderful wife.

IN THE ORBIT OF SIRENS is his debut science fiction novel.

News & Interviews