Start by marking “Christmas Rekindled (Bangers Tavern Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Rekindled (Bangers Tavern Romance, #1)

Christmas Rekindled

(Bangers Tavern Romance #1)

Bartender River Lundqvist has a damn good reason for hating Christmas. Bangers Tavern is the perfect place to lay low over the holidays—until Charlie walks in. His first encounter with the saucy server nine years ago was utter humiliation. Her reappearance stirs up powerful desires and hopes for a new start. But the timing is all wrong.

Back in Tacoma to care for her estra
Published October 5th 2020 by Sadira Stone

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Rekindled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Rekindled

Start your review of Christmas Rekindled (Bangers Tavern Romance, #1)
Lisabet Sarai
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlotte “Charlie” Khoury has come home to Tacoma, but it’s purely temporary. Her father, stuck in a cast after a work accident, needs her help. Although her relationship with her dad is far from easy and she’d rather be spending the holidays on the slopes with her Portland friends, family comes first. A server job at her old haunt Bangers Tavern is just what she needs to make some extra cash and get away from Jack Khoury’s nagging.

For Bangers bartender River Lundquist, the lively pub is an es
InD'tale Magazine
This book is a fun read that will put you in the perfect holiday spirit!

Read full review in the 2020 Holiday issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Universal Link

Charlie's back in town to care for her father. Taking a stop gap job at the bar where she used to work is just one way to make the most of her time while in town. She didn't expect the current bartender to be so hostile to her, especially since she's never met him and has no idea why he seems to dislike her so much. But the two will have to team up to protect the bar from someone set to take it over. Will she and River find attraction lurking beneath his hostility?

I really like
Krista Harper
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I grabbed this book! I love Christmas stories but this one topped them all. Great setting and amazing characters. I absolutely love Charlie & River. Anna and Diego are a close adorable second. So so grateful this is going to be a series!
Charlotte O'Shay
The first story in Sadira Stone's new Bangers Tavern series, Christmas Rekindled brings all the heat and sometimes gaudy sparkle of the season.

It's early December and Charlie is unexpectedly back home in Tacoma to care for her dad after he breaks his leg. For extra income, since she's missing web design work opportunities back in Portland, she decides to take a night job as a server at a tavern she used work in back in college.

River, a bartender at said tavern, is from the other, waspy side of t
Shirley Goldberg
Dec 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Author Sadira Stone centers her Christmas romance in Banger’s Tavern (great name, huh?), the perfect place for a little repartee, a lot of action and the competitiveness inherent when surrounding businesses fight to attract holiday customers. Since many of the other reviewers have neatly summarized the story, I won’t dwell on the plot. I found the story and the subplots totally believable as well as the romantic build-up to the steamy romance.

I’m not a big reader of Christmas stories, and I dipp
Kat Doran
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
. . . Tacoma bartender River Lundqvist has a damn good reason for hating Christmas. Working at Bangers Tavern keeps him busy and helps him work through the grief associated with tragic loss. “Get back to living” is the last thing he wants to hear.
. . . Freelance web designer Charlie Khoury returns to Tacoma for a family emergency—only for the short term—and must brace herself for the suckiest Christmas ever. A temporary job at Bangers gives her a chance to earn the money needed to keep her busi
Patricia Solla
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: digital-reads, arc
Coming home to help her invalid father, Charlie Khoury visits a bar, Banger Tavern, whose owner, Dawn, is Charlie's former boss and landlord. Dawn needing help, Dawn talks Charlie into taking a part-time waitressing job to cover a girl who needs time off. The cast of characters includes patrons and workers all with interesting backgrounds/stories. The author weaves a romance between Charlie and River, one of the bartenders, who is actually he son of wealthy parents. Both Charlie and River have t ...more
Cathy Brockman
Charley isn’t happy about having to come back and help her sister take care of her dad after he injures himself but Her sister is a nurse and her work is portable so she can work from her computer anywhere. She is disappointed she is missing Christmas with her friends on a skiing trip.
She goes out one day to her old haunts and stops in Bangers the bar she worked in while in college and talked to Dawn her old boss. Dawn was in desperate need of a head waitress, so Charlie took the job to give he
Dee
Jan 03, 2021 added it
Sweet and sensual!

Charlie Khoury is home in Tacoma only because her father is laid up with a broken leg and her sister can’t handle him and her job alone. River’s a computer whiz and theoretically she can do her job in Tacoma as easily as Portland. But in Portland, she isn’t interrupted a thousand times a day by her Lebanese father who has very set ideas of a man’s position in the household and a woman’s—which is one reason Charlie ran south as soon as she was able. But now she’s stuck. As a way
Jessica Hawkins
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m really starting to love Christmas romances and this was a great reason why. I thought this story was really sweet and offered a great show of Christmas spirit, a strong sense of community and a two people who heal together and find love at the same time. I found Charlie Khoury as a really feisty character who really needed a change of scenery after a breakup and a family emergency. River Lundqvist is a year out from a heartbreaking loss and his world is rattled when Charlie walks back into h ...more
Deb Diem
Jan 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Rekindled is a fantastic holiday contemporary romance by Sadira Stone. Ms. Stone has provided a well-written book packed with outstanding characters. River remembers Charlie the moment she walked into the bar. Charlie was home to take care of her grump of a father but took a job as a waitress at Bangers Tavern to have time away from her critical father. River and Charlie’s story is packed with drama, humor and spice. Christmas Rekindled is part of the Bangers Tavern Romance Series but ...more
Tima
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I will admit that this book was not quite what I was expecting when I read the blurb. It was, however, great fun and I really enjoyed both lead characters. The story was dual POV, well written and edited, with a great cast of supporting secondary characters, some of whom made me snort-chuckle at their antics.

I appreciated how both lead characters were trying to work through their own problems and the grace with which they each dealt with secondary characters trying to "help" them.

A beautiful sw
J Young
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christmas is about family!

Charlie Khoury does not remember the sexy bartender at Bangers Tavern when she agreed to temporarily help her old boss, but River Lundqvist remembers her vividly and the humiliation from nine years ago. The one thing they have in common is their controlling families and the desire to escape them but that’s hard to do at Christmas time without a little help from a friend or a co-worker.

Charlie, River and the supporting characters combine to make a beautiful Christmas ro
C.D. Gallant-King
I love a good Christmas romance, and Sadira Stone's Christmas Romance has way more heart, humour, depth, and - most importantly - sex than your average Hallmark Holiday movie. It's an enjoyable, steamy story with interesting, relatable protagonists and fun, quirky side characters (especially love Charlie's Lebanese father). It's not just fluffy romance or hot sex, either, there's also grief and family drama, to send you on full roller coaster of emotions. Just like a real holiday with family! Al ...more
Andrea (Hammock and Read)
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute Christmas story around a bar. Charlie use to work at the bar during college and is back to help her dad after getting hurt- she goes back and gets asked to come back. River came to work at the bar after a death and to get away. These two have chemistry that sparks while they work. They finally get HEA after working through some of their past. Super cute setting, side characters, and family.

4 stars
3.5 steam

Thanks to Hidden Gem for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest revi
Mindy
Jan 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

Charlie is home taking care of her father, needed some time out of the house she takes a serving job at Bangers tavern working for her old boss. River is getting his life back after losing the love of his life last Christmas, HS enjoys his job as bartender. When Charlie starts working there's friction but once things come to light their attraction is very strong, but can it go anywhere when Charlie's leaving after the holidays? Great story about what family is , with humor and feels mixe
M H
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Christmas with sass

I was worried about reading an xmas story but this was not what I expected. It was fun and wild with just the right amount of sass and kick butt. The only part that felt off were the cutesy adjectives used to describe a grown 29 year old like cute and puppy eyes etc. Cute is for teenagers.

Two people coming off deep hurts find their way with each other.
I received a free copy of this book and I voluntarily reviewed it.
Liv Arnold
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Charlie and River have amazing chemistry with both of them having their own baggage.

The Christmas vibes gave me all the feels. A perfect escapism. I especially appreciated how Charlie is part Lebanese as it gives snippets of a different culture.

A feel good holiday romance where the love scenes were quite spectacular.
Pauline Frost
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A well written perfectly paced story pulling you in from the start. A story with a tragic that River has to learn to live with and a place where co-workers are as much of your family as your real family. You have each others backs. Charlie comes back to town to help her sister take care of their father after an accident. Life throws curves and tells how they all deal with it.
MamaBee
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story. Quite long, and seemed to drag in some areas. But the characters were great. I think I might have even liked the side characters better. The bar itself seemed like a character. A good holiday romance to pass the time.

*i received an ARC copy in exchange for my honest review
Patricia Baxes
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a terrific holiday read! I loved this book from the very first page. ❤️ The storyline is really hood; the characters are zany and fun; plot twists are engaging; and the HEA is way better than expected. Get this book today! (I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and thoroughly enjoyed it!) ❤️❤️
Melissa
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hidden-arc
An enemies-to-lovers tale of reconciliation, found family, holidays, and the sexiest Christmas miracle ever.
Charlie and River have baggage that weighs on their interactions but it was great watching them work through it and to their HEA. The story was nice it just dragged some times.

I'm voluntarily reviewing this after receiving a copy from Hidden Arcs.
Krista
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm usually not a big fan of Christmas books, but this was such a fun read! The characters are wonderful. Bangers' atmosphere is right up my alley and totally the place that I would hang out at. I also loved how Charlie and River's heritage were brought in and were different than what is usually written about. The drinks all sounded yummy! I loved everything about this book! ...more
Elvira
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this holiday storyline the characters are well developed and engaging and the connection between them was there. Will they give themself a second chance at love. The storyline entertains from beginning to the end.

I received a copy and am voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Jacqueline Johnston Cotton
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A perfect read at Christmas or any time! This book is a second chance romance with a lot of family drama. I enjoyed the characters and how they worked through their challenges. It definitely put me in the Christmas spirit and wanting a cocktail.

Christine Campbell
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She is home having to take care of her dad after and accident. He and her work at the bar together. He tries to make everything good. They are perfect for each other. He has a secret and no one knows except his family
It is excellent.
Elle Beauregard
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Relatable characters, the perfect amount of angst, and a truly excellent portrayal of Tacoma’s grit and personality. The Christmas season added to the charm while in no way feeling heavy handed or tacked on. I could read this book at any point in the year.
Suanne
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A fun Christmas-oriented romance. As hot as the rest of Sadira Stone's books. Enjoyed reading it. ...more
Thi
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was cute. I really enjoyed it.

• Christmas Island
  • Three Lines of Inquiry (A Jaz and Luffy Cozy Mystery, #4)
  • Highland Burn (Guardians of Scotland Book 1)
  • His Human Slave (Zandian Masters, #1)
  • Dazed and Divorced (Rom-Com on the Edge #1)
  • A Reluctant Bride for the Baron
  • Show Me the Boss (Cowboy Crossing Romances #3)
  • If I Dream (Corrupted Love #1)
  • Just My Imagination
  • Death Match (Reaper Reborn, #3)
  • I Promise You (Waylon University, #4)
  • Heaven's Crest (The Dragon's Dream #2)
  • How to Marry a Billionaire (Operation Billionaire, #1)
  • How to Fix a Broken Life (Arlie Undercover #4)
  • Secret Nights with a Cowboy (Kittredge Ranch, #1)
  • Bookmarked for Death (A Jaz and Luffy Cozy Mystery, #3)
  • Hearts and Races
  • Holiday Gone Wrong (Zelda Richardson Mystery #0.5)
Ever since her first kiss, Sadira’s been spinning steamy tales in her head. But it wasn’t until her 50s that she tried her hand at writing one. Now she’s a happy citizen of Romancelandia, penning contemporary romance and cozy mysteries from her home in Washington State. When not writing, which is seldom, she explores the Pacific Northwest with her charming husband, enjoys the local music scene, p ...more

Bangers Tavern Romance (2 books)
  • Opposites Ignite (Bangers Tavern Romance 2)