Start by marking “Adventures in the Circulatory System” as Want to Read:
Adventures in the Circulatory System

Adventures in the Circulatory System

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  7 reviews
As Jada naps peacefully, The Bod Squad shrinks down in size to see how her circulatory system works at rest. The squad travels through her veins, arteries, and even explores her heart. An adventure-filled graphic novel that provides information about the human body and how its circulatory system works. Includes contemporary full-color graphic artwork, fun facts, additional ...more
Published July 15th 2020 by Norwood Discovery Graphics

To ask other readers questions about Adventures in the Circulatory System, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures in the Circulatory System

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Adventures in the Circulatory System
Wayne McCoy
'Adventures in the Circulatory System' by Alexander Lowe is a graphic novel for young readers is about a group of young explorers who travel and learn about the human body.

The Body Squad has a member who gets a small injury, and they see it as a chance to shrink down and tour her circulatory system. They learn about platelets and white blood cells and what happens to blood flow during different event.

This was a fun book in an easy reading style. The characters are fun, and entering the bloodstre
Rianna
33/55 books read in 2020.
Provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Bod Squad is a group of 4 friends who are able to shrink down. Using this superpower they explore the human body and all its mysteries.

I think this is a great book for all elementary school kids. It really reminds me of The Magic Schoolbus (which I loved as a kid).
The illustrations are great, colourful and easy to read. The story packs a lot of information and I think this would be a great first step to learn ab
Jenna Rideout
Sep 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-netgalley
Thank you to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for granting me access to Adventures in the Circulatory System in exchange for an honest review.

The Body Squad books are short graphic novels for elementary aged students to learn the science of the body in a very Magic School Bus sort of way. These kids can shrink down small enough to enter the human body and help out!

In Adventures in the Circulatory System, three of the kids shrink down and enter their friend's circulatory system. The inf
Catherine
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, educational and interesting book for children which shows the Bod Squad investigating the Circulatory System of the human body by going inside their friend's body for a closer look. They find out how the heart works and how blood gets circulated around the body. My daughter and I loved this book and the bright and colourful illustrations and fun characters made the book easy to read.

Many thanks to the author, publisher and netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an hones
Donna Maguire
I really liked the idea behind this story and this is the fifth and final book in the series and I have to say that they were great!

The Bod Squad characters were great and I liked the way that they were used to tell us more about the Circulatory System and it does not baffle the reader with too much science – I think it was perfectly pitched and a great way of learning more about the way that the Human Body works.

The images were ok too – it is 4 stars from me for this one – highly recommended!
zhane
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4/5 stars!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This is fun to read for someone who likes science and is a visual learner. The information about the circulatory system is easy to understand so that anyone can digest it without feeling saturated with information.
Jo
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This time the Bod Squad went inside Jada's body to see if her heart beat slower while she's sleeping. Discovering more than her heart's movements, we were brought to see how platelets work, why blood come from artery is different from blood come from vein.

• Pablo Can't Sleep
  • A Wild Day at the Zoo / Um Dia Maluco No Zoológico - Bilingual English and Portuguese (Brazil) Edition: Children's Picture Book (Little Polyglot Adventures Livro 2)
  • My Monsterpiece
  • jazz fly 3: the Caribbean sea
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • Night Night, Norman
  • Sabotage
  • There's a Chicken in My Kitchen!
  • Monty's Special Day