Start by marking “Adventures in the Muscular System” as Want to Read:
Adventures in the Muscular System

Adventures in the Muscular System

As Logan jumps on the bed, what is it that keeps his body moving up and down? The Bod Squad sets out to help prevent him from falling. They shrink down to explore the muscular system, traveling from Logan’s skeletal muscle to bones and back again. An adventure-filled graphic novel that provides young readers information about the human body and how its muscular system work ...more
Published July 15th 2020 by Norwood Discovery Graphics

To ask other readers questions about Adventures in the Muscular System, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures in the Muscular System

Start your review of Adventures in the Muscular System
Wayne McCoy
Nov 14, 2020 rated it liked it
'Adventures in the Muscular System' by Alexander Lowe with illustrations by Sebastian Kadlecik is a graphic novel for kids about the Bod Squad learning about how the body works.

The Bod Squad are playing by jumping on beds when Logan looks like he might fall. Quickly the other members shrink down to see if they can stop it from happening. They learn how the muscular system operates and how it attaches to the bones. They also learn how neurons help the muscles to react.

I enjoy this easy to read an
Jenna Rideout
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-netgalley
Thank you to the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for granting me access to Adventures in the Muscular System in exchange for an honest review.

I've reviewed a few of the Body Squad graphic books now, and Adventures in the Muscular System is more of the same in a very good way. The Body Squad are a group of friends who can shrink down small enough to enter the human body and help out. In this title, three of the kids shrink down to enter the fourth friend's muscular system while he's jumping
Catherine
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great educational book for children which shows the Bod Squad shrinking in size and going inside their friend's body to take a close look at how the Muscular System of the body works. It is an awesome book which my daughter and I loved. We both found the book very interesting and the characters and illustrations were fun and delightful.

Many thanks to the author, publisher and netgalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
Donna Maguire
I really liked the idea behind this story and was delighted to see that this book was one of five available featuring the Bod Squad! The characters were great and I liked the way that they were used to tell us more about the Muscular System and it does not baffle the reader with too much science – I think it was perfectly pitched.

The images were ok too – it is 4 stars from me for this one – highly recommended!
zhane
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4/5 stars!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

This is fun to read for someone who likes science and is a visual learner. The information about the muscular system is easy to understand so that anyone can digest it without feeling saturated with information.
Jo
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This time the Bod Squad explore Logan's muscles. We learn so much about our muscle, and some. There are muscles that can move without being told by our body, and there are some that attached to some of our bone.
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2020

• Pablo Can't Sleep
  • A Wild Day at the Zoo / Um Dia Maluco No Zoológico - Bilingual English and Portuguese (Brazil) Edition: Children's Picture Book (Little Polyglot Adventures Livro 2)
  • My Monsterpiece
  • jazz fly 3: the Caribbean sea
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • Night Night, Norman
  • Sabotage
  • There's a Chicken in My Kitchen!
  • Monty's Special Day