Start by marking “One More Round (Cocktail #4.6)” as Want to Read:
One More Round (Cocktail #4.6)

One More Round

(Cocktail #4.6)

Length: 2 hrs 58 min

Reunite with Simon and Caroline from the New York Times best-selling Wallbanger in this fun and flirty novella - and hear Simon’s voice for the first time!

Simon and Caroline have it all. A gorgeous restored Victorian house in Sausalito, flourishing careers, an eternal spark for each other, and a cat with more attitude than is legal in the state of Cali
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 3 pages
Published September 22nd 2020 by Audible Originals

To ask other readers questions about One More Round, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Round

Start your review of One More Round (Cocktail #4.6)
Christy
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars
Once upon a time, there was a girl who loved a boy, and this boy gave her the world.

What a great final book of 2020. One More Round is described as a fun and flirty novella, and while I would agree with that overall, it had some emotional parts. Simon and Caroline is a couple I’ve loved from the moment I met them over 8 years ago when I first read Wallbanger. I was so happy to get more of their story. I highly recommend this one for all fans of the series.

Audio book source: A
Antonella
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feelgood, audiobook, short
fuck it..I am giving this book five stars..this is the epilogue we all deserve..and these characters... I am so happy for them and for this over the top happy end...give me all of the goodness...
this put such a smile on my face..a feelgood read for all the fans of the series and Wallbanger

Nicola
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-reads
I’m shocked that it’s 8 years since I first read Wallbanger. And hundreds of books later, it’s still one of my faves. A novella-length epilogue that will leave any Simon and Caroline lover with heart-shaped eyes and a reminder of why we loved them in the first place.
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Such a sweet and heartwarming story! Missed these characters!

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE +++++ STARS*****

Alice Clayton has been one of my all-time most favorite authors.
I have had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times at past signings and she is such a lovely person. I have been missing her words for what seemed like an eternity to me, but I knew that she would eventually write again.

"ONE MORE ROUND" was perfect! Alice Clayton is back!
6 years of waiting was a small price to pay. Can't wait to see what she comes up with next. 💕🌸💕🌸
AJ
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘Wallbanger forever’ stars!

If, like me, you are a mad fan of all things Wallbanger, then this is an absolute must-read for you! A novella which gives us the opportunity to catch up with one of my all-time fave couples, Simon and Caroline, who are living out their happy ever after, but who have one more challenge to face… building their family.

Simon and Caroline are still deeply in love and though they may be living the dream, this is the one part of their life that isn’t going to plan. But you
Yeasmin Alo
Oh NO!!
YOU DON'T!!
The blurb The blurb The blurb!!!!

They will have kids 😢😭😭 Oh my my
This should be illegal 😖

They will have the most good looking kids 🥺🥺🥰

Take my Heart 💕 It's yours ❤❤ bye
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Cute as audio read featuring Simon and Caroline as their life takes a new path.
Rozzberry🍓
One More Round is fun, heartfelt (& maybe a wee bit OTT on occasion, but let’s be real, I did I care? Um...NO) check-in with AC’s most popular duo, Caroline & Simon as they prepare & begin a new exciting - & maybe a little scary - phase of their life. OMR doesn’t take long to remind me exactly - 1. Why I’ve been wondering WTH happened to Alice Clayton. 2. Why I’ve missed her zany banter/sense of humor in contemporary rom-com world. As I said in my update when I first stumbled upon this little ge ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I just love Simon and Caroline and I was thrilled to get another story about them. Once I started reading and found out what it was about, I loved it even more! (And bonus points that it helped Alice Clayton to write it.)

Not everything has been roses for Simon and Caroline. One subject has been hard and it's huge. I was shocked how they decided to handle it but luckily, fate or whatever had other plans.

And I was shocked again! I loved that scene when they found out...it was great! I would
Obsidian
I have read the entire "Cocktail" series before and I have to say that the novella struggles with a really serious subject matter (infertility) but doesn't actually go into it and makes it seem like not a really hard thing for the main character, Caroline to be dealing with. We get a Point of View told via Simon and it was awful. There is a lot of descriptions of Caroline's [pejorative word for women's breasts] that went on forever that I needed to just stop. The book also does time jumps that d ...more
Pam Nelson
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just did a re-listen of Wallbanger last month I am so glad I did because wow did I ever love this novella!

I love how much these two love each other it is so clear to see. You can’t help but fall even more in love with these characters.

Caroline really got to my heart strings in this, you feel her pain, her panic and her joy.

Simon is so wonderful and again you feel all his emotion especially on that one chapter shudders it was intense.

Great narration 100% would recommend this series.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews

From the dedication...

"--to everyone who made it through 2020 with their laugh track intact,--"

YES! Absolutely. It's been a rough one, but what a surprise and delight to end it with a little Wallbanger lovin' from Simon and Caroline. I can't even attempt to remove the smile from my face. Thank you, Alice Clayton!

I laughed, cried, and hugged my kindle. I'm so happy you found your keyboard again, Alice.

Five phenomenal stars!
~Tanja

*ARC Provided by PR Rep

TwitterFacebookPinterestI
Anne OK
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads

From the beautiful cover to the very last page to those very last words sweetly provided by Clive, this little charmer dazzles and sparkles. Santa’s bag is full of merriment packaged in feel-goods.

Caroline and Simon – now married and on the doorstep of their thirties -- still riotously funny, so much in love and sharing the bestest of the bestest happily-ever-afters! Alice Clayton once again brings this engaging couple to life with their priceless wit and humor and the joys of knowing she/he is
zaraa
Dec 30, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the only authors who deserve any rights are the ones who casually drop a novella out of nowhere for their couple even though that couple's story has been complete for yearS now like they haven't let go of their characters just like us: we can see that & we appreciate that.
be like alice clayton who despite publishing simon and caroline's story in 2012 and ending it in 2014, but then delivering a novella again in 2015 and that was that. UNTIL she decided to randomly drop this cute novella this
Lucy Dosch (EBookObsessed)
I was so excited to see Alice Clayton writing again but this book wasn’t what I was expecting.

TRIGGER WARNING:

Overall 5 out of 5 stars
Performance 5 out of 5 stars
Story 5 out of 5 stars

Why am I crying?!?
It was so wonderful to be back in the Cocktail world with Caroline and Simon! Until I started listening I didn't realize how much I missed these 2!
What a fun, sweet, heart-melting addition One More Round was to this series. It was so nice to see these 2 still so happy and in love, settled and working on building a family. It was heartbreaking listening to the trouble they had with the previo
FMABookReviews
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

”Don’t get mouthy, Parker, unless you’re putting it on me.”

What a great, feel-good story! I've missed Alice Clayton's writing so much. Her books make you laugh while cleverly pulling at your emotions.

Simon is back in all his swoon worthiness, and Caroline still keeps him in line with all of her sass, making their banter hilarious and heartwarming. They are the *perfect* couple. They share the type of relationship people dream about. But as with every couple, curveballs get
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
I was just so happy to get back into this world and this novella was just entertaining read. I hadn't realized how I missed Caroline, Simon, Clive and the whole gang and was happy to meet with them again.

-After I was done reading it, I noticed there were 2 books I hadn't read in the series 🤦‍♀️ but I'm going to correct that this week-
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
120 pages packed full of perfection! One More Round is like one big nuanced and completely satisfying epilogue to Caroline and Simon’s love story. It’s been at least five years since I read the books that made me a fan so some of the details were fuzzy, but this novella does a superb job interweaving key highlights without it sounding like mundane exposition.

I’d forgotten just how funny these characters — and Alice Clayton’s writing — are. I laughed and smiled throughout, but I was pleasantly su
Teresa
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am a massive fan of the Alice Clayton, Cocktail series, which, if you haven’t read it, is a laugh-out-loud romantic comedy series. This series brought me great reading joy several times, and I was happy to see this fun novella published, which is a revisit of Simon and Caroline’s life after the other books were finished. It was so wonderful to revisit them to see where they were in their lives. This time around, they are settled and trying to have a baby, and in typical Simon and Carolien fash ...more
SheSaidYestoBooks
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“𝑂𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑢𝑝𝑜𝑛 𝑎 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎 𝑏𝑜𝑦, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑦 𝑔𝑎𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔“.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Such an entertaining peek into the lives of two characters I love. I fell for them back in 2013 and since then they’re on my favorite book couple list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I loved Wallbanger so much that when I saw this audiobook on Amazon I couldn’t help but get it immediately. I couldn’t miss the opportunity of seeing these two together again. I have to say Simon’s POV totally rocked my world.
If y
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 STARS

I was SO excited to hear that Alice Clayton was releasing another story in the Cocktail series! Wallbanger was one the of the first books I read after FSOG and I have a special place in my heart for Alice Clayton. Simon and Caroline (and Clive the cat!) are back but you do not need to have read the previous books in this series to enjoy this novella.

This is a sexy, funny and surprisingly emotional story. Simon and Caroline have a perfect relationship yet are struggling with pregnancy is
Three Chicks
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Lisa Kane

I love Simon and Caroline. I adored the Cocktail series and Wallbanger still remains one of my top ten reads.

Several years of married bliss have passed and Simon and Caroline are living life to the fullest. Lots of sex, great careers, wacky friends -what more could they ask for? Children. Tons of heartbreak in that department. Just when they have come to terms that it will always be just the two of them, life hands them quite the surprise. Almost too afraid to believe that the
Literati Literature Lovers
Absolutely LOVED!!! It's just what we didn't know we NEEDED in 2020! My only gripe is that I WANTED so much more, especially more of Simon aka our favorite Wallbanger!

This was by far my favorite surprise of the year… more Caroline and Simon? Yes, please! Wallbanger has been and always will be one of my favorite romantic comedies. So when I saw an email from my favorite publicist about a new project by Alice Clayton, I jumped at the chance to read. ONE MORE ROUND was simply delightful. I actually
Kathryn
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The most perfect novella to show us where Caroline and Simon are in their lives..
It was beautifully sweet and filled everything about these two that we wanted for them
LOVED IT!!
Grace
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wallbanger was one of the first romance books I read, post FSOG, and to this day, 7+ years later, it remains one of my favorites. And while that book had a good deal of humor, it was not as evident in this novella that highlighted Catherine and Simon's struggles with fertility. No, this book isn't sad in anyway, but for any person who has gone thru this same struggle, their highs and lows will likely be relatable and emotional.

I relished this time to reconnect with this couple. Their lives have
Darcy
I liked this series and especially Wallbanger. So when I saw the author tweet about this short story and how you could grab it from audible I immediately went there to nap it.

It was nice to see these characters living their lives. I will say, part of it made me sad for Caroline and Simon, sad that something that should have been so happy for them, they just couldn't celebrate for fear. But once they realized that things were real, like really real this time, they were all in and deserved all the
books are love
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Simon and Caroline capture me in Wallbanger and I have loved them ever since. Simon with his heartbreaking past but how he has become a great guy and his love for Caroline is heartwarming. I love his support of her and how he is so fun and sweet.

Caroline is still great with comebacks and easy going with Simon. These two are awesome together and their love shines through on the pages of this book. So many years together and it is like the day they fell in
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Invitation
  • Escape With Me (The O'Callaghans, #3; With Me In Seattle, #16)
  • Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)
  • The Second Chance Plan (Caught Up In Love, #3)
  • Love Song (Stage Dive, #4.7)
  • P.S. It's Always Been You: Part 1
  • Honor (Heroes of Big Sky #1)
  • Loverboy (The Company, #2)
  • The Wedding Gift
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • Still Standing (Wild West MC, #1)
  • Nice Werewolves Don't Bite Vampires (Half-Moon Hollow #8)
  • Love Unexpected
  • Hard to Hold (Play Hard #2)
  • Islanders
  • Mistletoe Between Friends / The Snowflake Inn
  • The Detour
  • One of Those Flings
ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.

Cocktail (4 books)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)
  • Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3)
  • Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)