Start by marking “Question Your Thinking, Change The World: Quotations from Byron Katie” as Want to Read:
Question Your Thinking, Change The World: Quotations from Byron Katie

Question Your Thinking, Change The World: Quotations from Byron Katie

In this powerful book of quotations, Byron Katie talks about the most essential issues that face us all—love, sex, and relationships; health, sickness, and death; parents and children; work and money; and self-realization. The profound, lighthearted wisdom embodied within is not theoretical; it is absolutely authentic.

Not only will this book help you on many specific issue
Published October 1st 2007 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Question Your Thinking, Change The World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Question Your Thinking, Change The World

Start your review of Question Your Thinking, Change The World: Quotations from Byron Katie
Iona  Stewart
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
A friend lent me this book in Danish, so I read it in that language. It is a collection of selected texts from the work of Byron Katie.

I’ve previously read this author’s book “Loving what is” and much appreciated it.

It is Katie’s view that the world would be transformed for the better, were we all to use the Work – her method of posing ourselves the following four questions whenever we have a problematic thought:

1) Is it true?
2) Can you really know that it is true?
3) How do you react when you be
Shelli Biediger
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspiration
I keep a paper copy of this in my car and read it whenever I get a moment. Some of her most well recognized quotes to keep you thinking
Lori Hammond
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book pissed me off as I read through it but I found myself thinking differently afterward. The perspective shift Byron Katie offers is liberating and life-changing.
Kate
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it
some thoughts really resonated with me, others were less impactful
Charin
Jul 01, 2010 rated it did not like it
I actually didn't finish reading this one...I found it to be negative and filled with bad logic. Not a fan. ...more
Nancy
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Always good ... Katie makes you think smart ...
Eric Eskey
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-emma-sophia
"If one of my children were to say, “I hate you,” I would say, “Let me be with that a minute. I understand—look how I treated you all those years. I understand that. What can I do? What do you suggest?” If he or she said, “Screw you with your spiritual talk! I never want to see you again,” I wouldn’t say lovingly, “I understand.” I’m a listener. I go inside and understand. I don’t have to share that understanding with them at that point. If I said, “I love you,” it would be like taking a knife a ...more
Inet Freelance123
Binary MLM Script is the best outcome of all mlm plans which has perfect tree and sub-tree level plans. In the plan the parent node has two legs left and right level members which act as the downline members. The MLM members can easily get profits from these plans by referring the downline members and level commissions’ plans and more on. It is conventional for the MLM business users and new entrepreneurs to kickstart their business in MLM market.

In the Binary MLM Software, the new distributors
Jordan
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
“The Work” is a general classification of her method. The core of the method is this:
When you find that a thought is creating pain, anxiety, stress, whatever word you want to use, it’s time to challenge that thought. She outlines 4 questions to do that.

Example stressful thought: “My husband doesn’t listen to me.”

The four questions: Is it true? Can you absolutely know that it’s true? How do you react when you believe that thought? Who would you be without the thought?

You can read the full review
Blanche
Aug 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Library book- There are very few books that I DNF, unfortunately this is one! There were a few nuggets that resonated with me but the majority were contrary to my way of thinking and just couldn't get around to the authors philosophy. ...more
Emily
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I honestly can’t tell if this woman is ahead of her time or just completely insane. Only time will tell...
Jessica Mullen
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Notable quotables

All of BK's very best conceptual gems. Gets right to the point of reminding me what I know. Concise diamonds of peace.
Trilby Johnson
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the 'way out there' thinking of this book, that brings me new perspectives. Empowering and calming. ...more
MizzSandie
I actually really liked this book, and in many ways it reminded me of as well as pointed out things I (almost) forgot. It's a compilation of quotes on subjects she has dealt with in more detail in other books, but my first read of hers.

Byron Katie's overall message is that it is not reality that is our problem or what brings us suffering it is our rejection of reality, of what is, that does and our thoughts, beliefs and stories about reality, ourselves, others, and what it all should be like.
Efi
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. One of my first iBooks on the iPad and I have enjoyed the highlight feature. Katie Byron is grounded and simple. Her prism of the chatter that continuously leads us to experience emotions and hardship, is so solid that it really works. She is amazing in that she avoids completely any link with religions, cults, philosophers, etc or any authority.
She can undo alot of pain and lead you out of many dead ends. The only requirement is that you yourself decide to inquire. She will provi
Gloria
May 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-the-spirit
I like Byron Katie in general. This book is more of a recap of her other teachings and therefore not quite as valuable. Nevertheless, it is concise, gives you sort of a "Thought for the Day" type of format. Byron Katie kinds of tells it likes she sees it, so if you need a quick kick, she is the one to go to. Empowering and pragmatic. ...more
88gears Gmailcom
Are you always seeking answers, the "WHY" Katie Byron is your personal therapist. She has a great sense of humor, and provides helps cut through the our fantasy of love and build healthier relationships. Katie provides practical ways to examine why and who we are and answer the nagging questions that keep us stuck, with simple ways to look at life questions and problems. Great little book. ...more
Ardi Rakai
Sep 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Semua bermula dari pikiran anda, kadang pikiran lebih kuat mengendalikan setap keputusan kita..dan ternyata banyak yg tidak kita sadari, kita terjangkiti pola pikir negatif..so question your thinking..Jika membuat kamu lebih nyaman..do it..tetapi jika terasa????question Your Thinking..
Lauracakes
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Even though I finished it months ago... I still pick it up and find jewels to read when I feel a bit out of sorts.
Brooke
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
A book that you can come back to over and over again. Even when you just need a quick smile for the soul you can open to any page and get just that!!
Ticia
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love it!
Becky
May 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Great book to flip to when you are having an issue with stressful thoughts. Good reminders to help you get back to reality!
Ebony Haywood
Dec 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It really is amazing how powerful our thoughts about things are...
Glenda
May 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
interesting concepts, makes you think
Jennie

• It Was Always Meant to Happen That Way
  • Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
  • Playing Nice
  • How to Eat a Cupcake
  • The Star and the Shamrock (The Star and the Shamrock #1)
  • A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
  • 59 Memory Lane
  • Lo que dice la ciencia sobre el cuidado de la piel
  • The Cottage of Curiosities (Pengelly Series, Book 2)
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • Vaster Than Sky, Greater Than Space: What You Are Before You Became
  • Nada
  • Reina de la Elegancia: Las 33 claves de toda mujer elegante
  • This Magnificent Dappled Sea
Byron Kathleen Mitchell, better known as Byron Katie, is an American speaker, writer, and founder of a method of self-inquiry called The Work of Byron Katie or simply The Work.

Katie became severely depressed in her early thirties. She was a businesswoman and mother who lived in Barstow, a small town in the high desert of southern California. For nearly a decade she spiraled down into paranoia, rag