Start by marking “Gaston Hall” as Want to Read:
Gaston Hall

Gaston Hall

Elsie Goodwin is barely clinging to life when she wakes to find herself hidden away inside the cellar of Gaston Hall. Hopeful she has found shelter from the ensuing nearby battles, she quickly realizes the hell she had escaped hours earlier has followed after her.

Set against the backdrop of the U.S. Civil War, the residents of Gaston Hall find themselves struggling to sur
ebook
Published 2020 by L.B. Stimson

Start your review of Gaston Hall
debbicat *made of stardust*
review to follow

This quote is taken from the author's Facebook group called, The Parlor Room. I just grabbed it and want to remember to use it in my review. After finishing the paperback last night, I definitely feel the author accomplished what she says she set out to write. I greatly enjoyed the read.

"I completed my final, final reading of Gaston Hall today - I added a couple of descriptions but I am happy with the book - it is what I set out to write - a creepy, short Southern Gothic Ghost St
Samantha
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely stunning story! I was completely immersed in the words and descriptions and transported to Gaston Hall alongside Elsie and her charges.
I loved peeling back each layer of this story. There was so much rich depth and a pending suspense. The more I read, the more intense things became. I needed to unearth all of the secrets that were being kept. This story was creepy perfection and I enjoyed it immensely from start to finish.
Donna Wilbor
Nov 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Worth a read

This author is new to me. The short story, whilst quite predictable, is worth the read. I’d read the author again
peggy
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-gothic
WHAT A LITTLE GEM!!!!
A ghost story that is both endearing and chilling. Welcome to Gaston Hall the home for unwanted children. The owner is a formidable woman who runs the home with a rod of iron. At the back of the home is a patch of land which the home uses as a graveyard when the children have finally succumbed to ill health. In the corner of the graveyard are five indents in the earth what are they? And what is the dark secret that the owner has been hiding? I read this book in one sitting,
Terry
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review

A nicely creepy story. The characters get under your skin & I had a few aaw moments.
As well as a few oooh moments!
It’s a spooky school, the children live there. The adults, well you need to judge for yourself.
A good creepy story to get your hair standing on edge!
Latasha
Gaston Hall is ghost story that takes place in the aftermath of The Civil War. It begins with Elsie and warning! the beginning of this story is brutal (rape). Elsie escapes her captors and is found and taken to Gaston Hall.
1ff88244691da6bddba207636d10d344 abandoned castles abandoned mansions
The plantation house is now an orphanage. Children are taken in but not all make it out alive. Who are all the ghost in Gaston Hall? What secrets does the head mistress Della hide? Read or listen to this story to find out.
I really enjoyed the setting. A land scared from wa
London Clarke
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read several of Stimson's books, but this one is my favorite. Atmospheric, spooky, creepy--it gives you cold chills of the best possible kind. For readers of the classic gothic genre, this will hit every button. Ghostly children, graves, and an orphanage filled with dastardly secrets. And, as always, Stimson's beautiful, prosaic writing is perfectly suited for the Southern gothic. ...more
Sue Wallace
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Gaston Hall by L.B Stimson.
A brilliant read. Great story. Very eerie. I love the cover. So spooky. This was a chilling read. I had goosebumps while reading this. 5*.
John Watson
Mar 13, 2021
Meeko
Mar 16, 2021

• The Girl Next Door
  • Now You See Him (Roy Ballard Mysteries, #4)
  • The Body
  • Boomerville at Ballymegille
  • A Cold Dark Heart (Inspector Drake Book 8)
  • The Mythic Dream
  • The Evil in Devil's Creek
  • Shot of Silence (Justice Again #3)
  • If She Dies
  • The Bones of the Dead (DCI Will Blake, #3)
  • Little Miss Evil (Tall Trees 1)
  • Death's Desire
  • Krampus and The Thief of Christmas: A Christmas Novel
  • Wisteria Cottage
  • Leviathan
  • In the end, there's a plane crash: A Suspenseful Horror
  • The Forest
  • Camp Hell : A community of travellers living by their own rules. A site full of secrets and horror, where slavery, brutality, and criminality is rife. Would you be able to escape Camp Hell?

News & Interviews