Jump to ratings and reviews

Perfect #2

Imperfect.

As her senior year of high school nears its end, Seryna believes she knows what she wants out of life. But when she falls in love with a handsome stranger, untapped feelings and desires she never knew she had come forward.

Pulled into a romance that changes her life, she engages in an affair with rich and powerful Kieran. Soon, complications beyond new love emerge for the young woman, including her lover’s role in the FBI investigation of her family’s potential crimes. It results in a suspenseful romance filled with twists and turns.

Is her family hiding a dark secret? Will she take a chance on a new life of passion and romance, even if it means giving up her plans for the future?

In this sexy novel with a passionate love story, author D. D. Larsen introduces readers to a young woman at the crossroads between the old family ways and a new world of passion and fulfillment.

301 pages, Kindle Edition

10 books215 followers
USA Best Selling Author
Coffee addict!
Dog Lover:)
I love writing creative stories that will pull you into a new reality and keep you on the edge of your seat through out.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (5%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 71 reviews
Profile Image for D.D. Larsen.
Author 10 books215 followers
October 2, 2020
Beyond excited to share the next chapter in Seryna's and Kieran's life. Action packed with plenty of steam this book will take you on a roller-coaster of emotions. Learn more about the mystery man that is Kieran Black and watch the insta love turn into a live long love.
xoxo,
D.
Profile Image for Yoneidis.
1,866 reviews7 followers
October 12, 2020
It’s only been a few months since Seryna’s life changed completely. Meeting Kieran, falling in love with him, finding out that he is an FBI agent who is investigating her family and then putting her father and brother in jail, and to top it off she gets pregnant at 18. Everything has happened so fast and she still trying to adjust. The only thing she is sure about is her love for Kieran.

“Kieran, babe, what’s up? Why are you crying?” He shake his head like he can’t believe I am real. “You just make me so happy. I was so lost before I found you. You have given me purpose again. I hope you are happy because I never plan on letting you go. Ever.”Kieran rolls to the side, and I curl up in his arms as my eyes begin closing. I feel myself drifting off. Right before I enter unconsciousness, I hear Kieran. “I love you, Seryna. You are mine forever.”

As he is slowly pulling my shirt over my head, he says, “Marry me, Seryna. Be mine forever.” Not knowing where this is coming from, I try to comfort him. “Kieran, I already said yes. I want to be with you the rest of my life.”“No, today. I want you to marry me today.” My eyes shoot open. Where is this coming from? “Kieran, is everything all right?” Over the last week, I have seen him become more and more protective over me. He says it’s nothing, but I know something has been bothering him. Wanting to wait until he was ready to tell me, I have let it be, but I need to know if he is going to start throwing things like this around. “Baby, after last night I was just reminded how much I love you. I want to introduce you as my wife, Mrs. Kieran Black. I want the world to know you are forever mine.”

The first half of the book focuses in Seryna and Kieran, their life together, their engagement, their trip to the British Virgin Islands where they get married and spend a dream honeymoon: diving, swimming, knowing each other and making love all the time. Seryna couldn’t be happier, although on that trip she discovers her husband’s past as a manwhore and meets a couple of his old female friends who make her insecurities surface, but Kieran manages to convince her with his love and attentions that she is the only woman he has ever lived and will love for the rest of his life. But there is something else that bothers Seryna and it is that her husband insist that she promise him that if something happens to him she will move on with her life. He tells her that several times and Seryna thinks that he is hiding something from her, and her concern grows when she finds out that her brother has been released.

“Seryna, you are the strongest girl I know. I know if you care about me even half as much as I care about you, it would be soul crushing if something happened to me. But you have to promise me that if something does, you stay strong for our baby and continue living. Promise me that you will continue living if something were to happen to me.”

“You will never be alone. Even if something happens to me, you need to remember you are surrounded by people who love you.” As if he could read my mind, his words hit me hard. “I know, but please never make me go through that.” “I promise, baby. You’re stuck with me forever.”

And surprise, surprise. Something horrible happens! At the end of their honeymoon, Kieran is kidnapped. Seryna will have to overcome sadness and pain bc of her pregnancy and bc she never was a weak woman , she only had to work hard and she will not give up easily.
The book spends a lot of time on the honeymoon ( which I ❤️, Kieran and Seryna have super🔥🔥🔥scenes), but as for Kieran’s disappearance and the investigation, everything seems to happen too quickly. This second half focuses more on Seryna and her classes at college, managing her husband’s investments and trying to move on with her life without Kieran. But I would liked to have also Kieran POV during his kidnapping, also there are still some things in the air.
Who is responsible for what happened to Seryna’s brother? Kieran is involved?
What about Ryder? And his family? And Kieran’s father?
Will this be the last book for this couple? I hope not, since with these 2 there is never a dull moment. Also I’m a great fan of the moments when Kieran lets himself go and brings out the beast inside him🔥🔥🔥

I look closer and see he is holding two pairs of handcuffs. He says, “If you ever do something like that again, I will handcuff you to me any time we are out in public. You understand?”I look into his eyes. The animal is out, and it has been locked up for too long. I am bound and at his mercy. I lay on my back, unable to move. He runs a finger over my sex, sliding it inside me. “You like this, Seryna? Having me dominate you? Giving all the control over to me?”I know Kieran is still learning how to have a relationship. I am the first girlfriend he’s ever had. He uses sex to show me how much he cares about me. I love it when he takes control and he makes me his. I don’t know where these feelings come from because I normally hate being told what to do. But in the bedroom, I love it when my man takes control and shows me how to forget the rest of the word and just feel. I am now fully his. He has taken every part of me as his.
Profile Image for (old.enough.for.fairytales).
462 reviews148 followers
October 11, 2020
Why is it that we strive for perfection? Day after day working toward an unattainable objective that we never seem to reach? Basing our happiness on the success of this impossible venture? Goals. Plans. Reasons. Hard work. Day after day. Month after month. Leading us to the golden ending we pursue.

So y’all, I binged this book. Could not wait to read it every night before bed. I was blown away by how much Larsen’s writing improved between book one and book two. Her pacing was great, she gave her characters depth in this book that I felt lacked in book one, and created a book that I did not want to put down! I debated between 4 or 5 stars, but ultimately landed on 4 stars because sometimes Kieran feels too perfect and Seryna’s obsession with “perfection” occasionally can feel too harped on or overstated.

Sooo excited for you all to get your hands on this one! For sure recommend if you’re looking for a steamy (note: this is NOT YA) quick read!

Thanks so much to D.D. Larsen for an early copy of Imperfect! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Mads.
37 reviews
December 15, 2020
⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 / 5

Thank you to @katerockbooktours and @D.D.Larsen for sending me this digital copy to read and review!

𝙈𝙮 𝙏𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮
I really liked both books in the series, but this one in particular was so enjoyable for me to read. Overall, I give Imperfect four and a half ⭐s and am really hoping there will be a book 3 someday!

There's a good about of action and danger in this story, that makes the book so gripping to read! The chemistry between Kieran and Seryna is undeniable! Even in the middle of their steamiest scenes, there is a deep love and connection at the very core of their relationship. To me, that made the book different stand out more, and I now have a real love for @ddlarsen writing.

In the first book, Perfect, we were allowed a glimpse at Kieran's life before he met Seryna, but he was still such a mystery to even her. Imperfect does a fantastic job of revealing more about who he is and where he came from without it ever feeling forced. Throughout the whole book, we start to see him open up more to Seryna about his past and how it's shaped him. He learns to use more than just his words to show her that he understands she is not something delicate that can easily break. He begins to confide in her and view her more as a partner in every aspect.

As they grow even closer together on this engagement/honeymoon trip and begin planning out their life as new parents, Seryna grapples with how everything in her life has changed in just a few short months. And then he's kidnapped and her whole world is spun upside down. Leaning on her best friend Alex and her bodyguard Ryan, she starts to accept that Kieran's been gone a long time and she needs to start adding some piece of normalcy back into her routine. Time moves quickly and she's soon enrolled in college, has a baby shower, and meets her new friend Ryder.

Imperfect made great use of foreshadowing and dream sequences to help convey what Seryna is experiencing. These dreams really spoke to her subconscious and what she couldn't always admit out loud. More than that, they often reminded me of premonitions since they worked in some of the plot and motives for some characters' actions that maybe weren't explicitly stated. I also love that the wildlife and nature around them is described in vivid detail and plays an important role in their story. When they're at home in Colorado, it's the Flatirons and the forest. When they go on vacation, it's the beautiful waters and beaches of the British Virgin Islands.
Profile Image for Wendy Livingstone.
14.4k reviews137 followers
October 27, 2020
This is the 2nd book in this series and is Kieran and Seryna’s story. Seryna thought she had her life planned out until she meets Kieran and falls in love and gets married. Is Kieran an FBI agent? Is he responsible for investigating her family for crimes? No spoilers: this is one of those stories which just needs to be devoured in one sitting. This talented author has done an amazing job in penning this addictive tale, which is and emotional roller coaster throughout as well as action packed, and with secrets, twists, mystery, passion, and love, which all leads to a steamy and entertaining read. I look forward to reading more form this author whose work I recommend for all.
Profile Image for Brittany (happy.ending.always).
827 reviews32 followers
October 20, 2020
What an amazing story. I could not wait to get my hands on this book as I had the pleasure of reading book 1, Perfect. The heat between these two characters flies off the pages. The book starts out right where book one leaves off. Seryna is dealt with an impossible decision, she finds out she is pregnant. She is freshly out of high school, about to start her college career and is dealing with her brother and fathers fallout of their awful life choices. Everything is changing for her. The one solid in her life is Kieran her fiancé.

This story takes you on a journey, a journey of love. A story of how a young woman desperately wants to be better for her child, wants a better life for her child than the life she had. She isn’t ungrateful for the love her mother and father had for her, but because they struggled, she felt the tension in their life, so she doesn’t want that for her own child. She also doesn’t want her family drama bleeding into the strong bond she has with Kieran. But she struggles too that she gave in too easily on letting go of her family for Kieran. But he loves her and he gives her everything she has ever wanted and so much more. Even Seryna’s own mother stresses how good Kieran is for Seryna.

Seryna suspects something is up with Kieran. He seems overly protective of her but she can’t place why that is. To Kieran, Seryna is everything to him. She is everything he has wanted in a partner, in a mother for their unborn child and he wants nothing other than to take care of her. Luckily he has the means. This story has so many twist and turns it keeps you on the edge of your seat. D.D. Larsen sets the scenery for you perfectly. The book focuses on a trip that Serena and Kieran take and it makes you feel like you are right there with them. I also love the natural way to D.D.’s writing. The relationship between the main characters feels genuine and not forced.

Defiantly check this book out. It will take you on a wild ride and desperately hoping that the ride ends in a happy ever after.
Profile Image for Thais • tata.lifepages •.
391 reviews600 followers
*This review has spoilers of book 1, read if you have already read Perfect*
Profile Image for Navss (read.yourbooks).
524 reviews21 followers
September 25, 2020
“𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆?”
“𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔.” 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒔 𝑲𝒊𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒇𝒖𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔.

Their life had just calmed down but it wasn't for long.
There's a lot happening in this sequel of Perfect. The story starts right where the last book ended, I.e; Seryna knowing that she's pregnant. In this book, we see Kieran's love for Seryna, Seryna's maturity, growth & ability to handle situations and family bondings.

~~Small spoilers:
The honeymoon was so amazing, it felt like I was with them. The honeymoon actually did actual improve the bond between the two and they are closer than anything. With Kieran's kidnapping, Seryna is left to manage everything. With her being pregnant, attending college and managing Kieran's wealth and investigation, she now truly is the strong, independent woman which she claims to be. With Ryder, everything seems normal but maybe this is the calm before the storm?
Will Kieran return? Will Seryna move on? What will happen to the baby? What storm is brewing?
All these questions will be answered in this book.~~
•Imperfect is the second book after Perfect.•

We get insights of Ryan & Alex's relationship as well as Kieran's past, his family relations and Seryna's relationship with her family.

I'm utterly grateful for chapter 40😭❤️

••••••••••••••••••••••••
I've recieved an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Wendy Livingstone.
14.4k reviews137 followers
October 24, 2020
Profile Image for Jen.
423 reviews18 followers
October 29, 2020
I devoured this book in one sitting, and that hasn’t happened in a while—an excellent follow-up to the first book. I was able to get to know Seryna and Kieran even more and relate to them in an in-depth matter. Both characters have grown to be more substantial, more fascinating, and admirable. Imperfect is the perfect story for people who desired perfection in their lives, only to realize that life’s imperfection makes it worth living. I am blown away by the story and character’s development. It is more thrilling, intense, and impactful than the first one. Don’t waste time and get yourself a copy!
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
11.2k reviews145 followers
November 6, 2020
Imperfect is the type of romantic suspense that's my jam, but there were a couple of things that kept me from me giving it the perfect rating. I read Perfect which really needs to be done before Imperfect, and the thing that really got me was how young Seryna was as she's getting together with the older Kieran, who definitely should have known better. I probably could have overlooked that more if Kieran had a POV since she acted her age, but her inner monologue slowed it down for me. Anyway, let's talk about those twists because I'm all about twists since they allow me to drop my loud f-bombs (only do that during sports & books LOL), and there's nothing better than that. Did the twists shock me per se? Some while others I already suspected but you know, that's a me thing. I don't want anyone to not read this book, because it was a story that kept me engaged since I wanted to see how it all pans out which is a good thing. Anyway, please remember this is only my opinion so decide for yourselves! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
958 reviews7 followers
October 21, 2020
Wow I didn't see that twist Coming! I love how Seryna is such a strong female character of all the stuff that has happened to her.... This is so worth reading... I would definitely read more by D. D Larsen
Profile Image for Charita.
445 reviews13 followers
October 27, 2020
This is book two in the Duet so obviously, you have to read the first book, Perfect. We continue with Seryna and Kieran’s story after having been through so much they get engaged, married and go on their honeymoon, where things take a turn and from then on there are twists and turns, mysteries and again, so much for Seryna as she navigates her pregnancy and the aftermath of Kieran’s kidnapping.

There’s an element in the story that we really don’t get Kieran’s perspective, I would have liked to know more from him. This is overall a heartfelt story.
Profile Image for beverly ramos.
44 reviews
September 20, 2020
Hands down this book is just as good as the first one of not better... This book had my emotion all over I didn't know if I was crying because I was happy scared worried. But at the end we got (cuz I felt like I was her. ) Our HEA.
Profile Image for Zeba.
65 reviews
November 5, 2020
This was mind blowing! This book shows how much the author's writing has developed. It had all kinds of emotions. It was funny, happy and sad. This book had it all. I couldn't put it down. I binge read the book till 1 am.

Kieran was being over protective and I understand but still, he could have relaxed a bit. It would be weird to go everywhere with bodyguards.

I loved the character development. I got to know more about each character and I loved most of them. There were unpredictable twists that made me gasp.
I can't believe that I need the third book before the second book has released. I am so glad to have the opportunity to receive an ARC of Imperfect.
October 27, 2020
THE REVIEW FOR THE BOOK: IMPERFECT.

GENRE:CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
AUTHOR:D.D. LARSEN
TYPE: BOOK #2
MY RATING: 5 STARS.

“Everyone said I was perfect. My life was perfect. My plan was perfect. If everything was so perfect, how did it all get destroyed?”

What is perfection? It's nothing but an illusion of safety and when you do step out of your comfort zone, you find things you never deemed possible.

The story starts a few months after Book#1 left off, Keiran and Seryna are happy together...moving on with the betrayal from her family...Getting married, Honeymoon...Everything is perfect for them...But they are unknown to the danger brewing in the background for them. And when the worst happened, Her husband getting Kidnapped by the enemies, while she is left scared, heartbroken, and Pregnant.
Nowhere to know Keiran's whereabout, she tries to get back to her regular life but she didn't give up on him...Always waiting for Keiran to show up...What she didn't imagine was another man who will have her heart.

Reading this book was a thrilling experience...so much drama and many nail-biting moments.
The suspense was killing me and when new characters were introduced...more heartbreaks and excitement. I got some vibes from Ryder from the start but I had to give him the benefit of doubt...It was a dilemma to choose between Ryder and Keiran...

The chemistry between the central characters was off the chart and the action between the sheets was overloaded with hotness. Thank god, they got their happily ever after... But still, I was left waiting for more and more. Hoping to see more of them in the future.

Profile Image for Tam.
1,827 reviews39 followers
February 16, 2021
Fast-paced! Riveting! Emotional! Steamy! A complex, suspenseful plot with tension so thick that it felt palpable. Wonderful characters with depth and substance. I was immediately drawn in and held captive from beginning to end.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.
Profile Image for Brianna.
85 reviews4 followers
October 23, 2020
A great continuation of the first book! The first book ended on an interesting note and it was awesome to see what happened next in this book. It'll take you around the merry go round at any point but thats what makes it good.
Profile Image for Shirin Rasheed.
1,837 reviews27 followers
November 16, 2020
Imperfect by D.D. Larsen is a compelling read. I Loved the Atmosphere, the way the story revolves around the characters is Perfect.

You won't be disappointed and fall in love with the story.
Profile Image for KKEC Reads.
744 reviews45 followers
December 4, 2020
Published: October 27, 2020
Independently Published
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

D.D. Larsen is a lifelong resident of Colorado and has been an avid reader her entire life. She has the gift of incorporating her own experiences into her characters and developing stunning scenery with her words. This is the second book in her Perfect series.

“Life is too short. I want to live every moment to the fullest.”

Seryna and Kieran are attempting to come to terms with the fact that they are having a baby. After everything that happened at the bonfire and the raid that followed, Kieran being shot and beaten, they are both emotionally fragile. As they start making decisions, they decide to take a trip—just the two of them, and Ryan their security detail. Kieran takes Seryna to some of his favorite places, and they share many intimate moments during their vacation. Until the unthinkable happens. Now the biggest question is- who is coming back from vacation alive?

Picking up fairly immediately from where book one, Perfect, left off, we are immediately met with Seryna’s internal dialogue as she tries to come to terms with the fact that she is pregnant. As she tries to decide what her next move is, one this is certain. She is still madly in love with Kieran, and she wants to spend the rest of her life with him.

As they enjoy the ocean, the boat, and exploring islands, their list for each other continues to grow. As their dream vacation starts to wind down, the unthinkable happens as they are at the yacht club. Kieran is taken, and Seryna is drugged and left behind.

While these books could technically be standalone, I would recommend reading them both to understand the backstory fully. While book two does a pretty good job of summarizing the trauma and drama from book one, nothing beats getting the full details from the book.

Seryna is this book was disappointing to me. As she is trying to adjust to life without Kieran, being in charge of their empire, and starting college and the upcoming birth of their child... she decides she needs a friend. And of course, it’s a handsome guy from several of her classes. How she could even remotely be contemplating a potential romantic rendezvous with everything else happening is beyond me.

This book was well thought out, but I feel like specific details could have been developed even further for clarity's sake. The case against Seryna’s father, while mentioned, has no closure. In this book, suddenly, Seryna realizes her mother is negative and unhappy. This comes out of nowhere and gets very little clarification. When a twist happens later in the book, Seryna decides she should be spending more time with her mom.

Some plot holes should have been worked out a bit more, in my opinion. I also feel like Seryna had minimal growth, despite everything that she’s been through. Yes, she does make some progress, and she does mature in a lot of aspects. But she is still very much 19 and focused on parties and boyfriends and frivolous things that frankly aren’t relevant to her current situation.

Overall, I did enjoy the book. It was a decent read, and D.D. Larsen is a gifted writer. The story flowed at a decent pace, and the characters all had the set quirks that made them memorable. These books are targeted toward the young adult crowd; I would say 18-25-year-olds. So I am not the target market, but the story was good. The writing was substantial; the plot was well thought out. Larsen has a gift for describing the scenery in her writing. That is what is most memorable, the way she paints a picture for her reader with her words. You will see the gorgeous mountains of Colorado rising from the pages.

It was a quick read. While I did enjoy the first two books, I don’t see myself rereading them. I will read D.D. Larsen again, however. I have a feeling her writing will continue to get better as she grows within her craft.
Profile Image for Erin McFarland.
374 reviews12 followers
November 17, 2020
First things first....you HAVE to read Perfect before reading Imperfect. No ifs ands or buts about it, so check it out

Ok, now to Imperfect. Our girl Seryna has had a hell of a few months. Falling in love for the first time, finding out your family could be involved in a rash of deadly od's at college parties, your best friend is still recovering from an almost fatal car crash. Yet, she couldn't be happier with Kieran, who has changed her life in so many ways. There were times I felt Seryna was a bit immature, but then you have to keep in mind, she's only 18. And her world experience has been very little.

The first part of the book focused on Seryna and Kieran's next step in their relationship. I think she did an excellent job highlighting just how much of a whirlwind romance these two really had. Seryna was at the disadvantage. She didn't know much about Kieran's past, not that it mattered to her, but where he knew a lot about her family and her specifically, she had to learn on their quasi honeymoon. I think this is where we really started to see her growth. She handled everything with grace for being so young. It isn't always easy finding out the love of your life didn't lack for female companionship in the vacation spot he takes you. But it showed her too that the place was spcial and he wanted to include her and make new memories. Island life really suited these two too. And then the book took a turn. Kieran is kidnapped and Seryna is left to deal with the aftermath alone, while pregnant. The last half of the book really highlighted Seryna coming in to her own. She had a support system in her friends and family, but she really took initiative to be her own person.  It made her realize that unrealistic and idealistic expectations are almost impossible to maintain and while it's ok to deal with your grief, it's not ok to live there. You have to find a way to persevere and sometimes that might mean doing it in a way that you never pictured.  Don't worry though, there is plenty of suspense and mystery and we DO get resolution to Kieran's disappearance. Overall, I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading more from the author
Profile Image for BooksCoffee.
907 reviews
October 30, 2020
Larsen’s gripping erotic suspense series blends an affecting coming of age tale with a twisty, heavy on foreshadowing plot that’s slick with scorching hot romance and teenage drama.

In the first book in the series, readers are introduced to Larsen’s young protagonist. Too busy to take time to enjoy life, high school senior Seryna is content being a fastidious student. But when the enigmatic Kieran, FBI Investigator, walks into her life, Seryna finds her perfectly planned life turns upside down. Family secrets unravel, and Saryna finds herself questioning those she loves.

Pulled into a romance that changed her life, Seryna is struggling to make the most out of her complicated situation in the second installment. But a new tragedy strikes and Seryna’s plans for the future are in jeopardy once again.

Larsen dexterously juggles a number of complex themes such as love, friendship, family ties, teenage pregnancy, rape, drugs, and violence and combines the pacing of a fast-paced thriller with writing that realizes both setting and character with a sure hand.

In Seryna, Larsen has created a protagonist who unconsciously blurs her sense of self as she falls in love, but comes out a survivor all the same. As the story continues and conflicts grow, Seryna also grows. Her sincere attempts to make the most out of her tragic situation creates genuinely touching moments. Kieran is a thoroughly endearing protagonist, enigmatic and a gentleman, and Larsen’s deft foreshadowing of his mysterious background will keep readers on their toes, never entirely sure of what he is up to next.

With its bracing pace, an array of interesting, deeply realized characters, and a tightly executed, suspenseful plot, the series makes for a page-turner.
Title: Imperfect
Author: D.D Larsen
Pub Date: October 27, 2020

Seryna and Kieran go through it in ‘Imperfect’. In ‘Perfect’, they fell in love and went through some drama. However, the drama they went through this time was next level. I couldn’t stop reading. I just wanted them to have their happy ending.

Kieran and Seryna’s characters were developed really well in this book and we learned so much more about Kieran’s family (his dad is such a jerk).I enjoyed reading about their honeymoon even though my heart was then broken by what happens to Kieran. Seryna had to put on her big girl pants once again (after finally giving into Kieran taking care of her financially as well) and barrel through being pregnant, alone (well she had her friends & family but not Kieran) and going to college.

After the honeymoon ended in heartbreak, Seryna went back home and tried to live her life day to day. Getting through classes and eventually making new friends. One friend, Ryder, became so close to Seryna only to be the complete opposite of whom he presented himself to be. I kind of got weird vibes from him especially when he said his last name. I put two and two together. That kept me reading because I wanted to see how it would all play out.

Thankfully, Seryna and Kieran have their happy ending & those who did wrong got their punishment. If you’re looking for a steamy, drama filled, suspenseful read with a happy ending, this one is for you! However, I’d read ‘Perfect’ first before this one.

Thank you DD Larsen & Grey’s Promotions for the ARC!
Profile Image for Debbie Rozier.
740 reviews36 followers
October 31, 2020
This book starts out with Seryna who is recovering from a sting operation that ended up with her brother being arrested, her finding the love of her life in FBI agent, Kieran, Seryna and Kieran engaged and Seryna 3 months pregnant. The first half of the book takes us through their vacation/honeymoon in the British Virgin Islands. The second half of the book is full of action and loss and new beginnings! (I don’t want to give any spoilers but a kidnapping is involved)
This book is told in Seryna’s point of view. She 18 and living a very different life than she had planned in her mind. The first half of the book gives a build up (for me at least) of the powerful bond that Seryna and Kieran share. I loved the pace of the story and really enjoyed immersing myself in all the characters. This is a spicy one friends as we experience the intense love that this young couple has for each other! As I read this one, I felt like I was watching a tv show because the descriptions and flow of the story was so nicely done! This is the second book in this series. I haven’t read the first book yet ( I will, though) and I didn’t feel lost at all!!
Profile Image for Zetti.
1,125 reviews21 followers
October 27, 2020
This book finishes up where book 1 leaves off so please do make sure you read ‘Perfect’ before this one ‘Imperfect’.

Seryna is my favourite character in this story for sure. I just feel in sync with her in many ways and she is someone I can definitely relate to. I felt the tension that she felt and how she truly doesn’t want the same things for her children. I can see her fears and the realisation that things need to change so she can break the cycle. I can completely relate to that and I have to admit that made this book a lot easier to read.

I do admit that I love Kieran too, his love and relationship with Seryna flows well and it doesn’t feel forced. They bounce off each other very well and that makes me happy. I do feel invested in their relationship and I’m truly glad that they found each other.

I have to say I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this continuation but it really surprised me. I love stories with flawed characters because humans are flawed. We are imperfect, and anything less than that for me is unrealistic. Definitely a recommended read from me!

Profile Image for Deborah.
274 reviews6 followers
March 7, 2021
This book is grammatically good. There is some plot, but lots of strange turns that are major things, but generally left unresolved. It's a bit unclear how the protagonist couple got together. He's supposedly with the FBI, but it seems odd the amount of time he has to fly down to the BVI on honeymoon. There are references that imply he is uncertain about his life expectancy, but there's never a very clear reason for it. Sure, he is kidnapped and held for months. Apparently it was a family that owned a company and was facing financial issues because of illegal and immoral dealings. For some reason they seemed to think there was a possibility of ransom. That twist just didn't seem right. There's no indication That he had any suspicion, not even when they meet the daughter of the family in BVI. The plot just doesn't hold together well.

The major feature of the novel is a lot of hot and heavy bedroom action in greater detail and specificity than any other aspect of the book.

502 reviews10 followers
August 6, 2022
Following on from Perfect, this is the next stage in the relationship between Seryna and Kieran. After tying up what loose ends they can, after the incident where Kieran nearly died, the couple head off for a well earned holiday. Unfortunately their time in paradise is cut short when they try to help someone in distress.

This is a book of two halves, in the first the focus is on the couples relationship, getting to know more about their lives and hopes. The second half is focused on Seryna, how she tries to sort her life out so that it will include a baby, while trying to put what she can into her education. There is a bit more story to this book and it’s still pretty steamy, but at times the plotting feels a bit rushed, and I would have liked more background from the FBI. That said there was still enough to keep me wanting to know where the story was going.

Profile Image for Michelle.
409 reviews
October 7, 2020
I received a free ARC from Goodreads New Adult Book Club for the promise of an honest review.

Seryna and Kieran are ready to move on with their lives. Seryna moves into Kieran's apartment. Her father and brother have been arrested for their parts in the drug ring. Seryna is pregnant. Seryna and Kieran get married while vacationing in the Caribbean. Kieran is kidnapped.

I was really disappointed. The book was long but was no substance. I found my mind wondering a lot while reading this book. It also seem unnecessarily long due to unnecessary text. It felt like things were repeated or didn't add to the overall story. The ending kind of sucked. You are introduced to a crime family that has a grievance with Kieran's father then the next thing you know Seryna and Kieran are moving into a new house.
Profile Image for April.
54 reviews
October 12, 2020

I may have hindered this a little as I never read the first book, so I wasn't able to get some of that character building that may of happened in the first, but while I was reading this book, it all felt very familiar to me.

I felt that this had almost a fifty shades of grey feel to it. I feel like some big events were passed over very quickly, and some of the events were drawn out so much. To me it just seemed all over the place. Sad part is, I felt myself wanting to read the story of Alex and Ryan more, and got excited when anything happened with them in this book.

I am sure if you have read the first book and know the characters better than I do, and the backstory, this would be an enjoyable book. For me it just felt like it was trying too hard to be something it wasn't.
Profile Image for Shasta Hope.
919 reviews18 followers
October 23, 2020
This series was a new introduction to me from this author. In some cases, I am enthralled and excited about a new author and in others..not this case.

This book had potential. It was a bit taboo for my taste being that the heroine was so young and getting involved with an older man. One who had preconceived intentions for her family. It was a little all over the place and at times I ha to put it down because I wasn't able to get into it. I do think that even though it was a different book, it had its moments and the hero in the book being vulnerable was a nice touch.

I am giving this book 3 STARS. I hope to read from this author in the future and look forward to the changes she made to her craft.

3 STARS 🌟🌟🌟
Displaying 1 - 30 of 71 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.