Start by marking “Transit of Angels” as Want to Read:
Transit of Angels

Transit of Angels

Is there life after death?

Angelica is thirty-four when her beloved husband, Bill, is killed in a motorbike accident. She knows Bill is dead. Yet she yearns to be reunited with him.

In desperation, she begs him for a sign. What happens next makes her leave the city and move to a quaint mudbrick cottage in a remote river valley where even the impossible feels sane.

As Angelic
Published October 19th 2020 by Pilyara Press

To ask other readers questions about Transit of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transit of Angels

Start your review of Transit of Angels
Brenda
I’m breathless! I have to say first and foremost – Transit of Angels is the best book, by far, that I’ve read this year! Outstanding, exquisite – mere words are not enough…

Transit of Angels opens to thirty-four-year-old Angelica – Angel – beside the hospital bed which houses her husband Bill. His beloved motorbike has betrayed him and although his chest is moving up and down, it’s the machines doing it for him. Angel doesn’t think she’ll survive without her beloved husband. Over a year of grief,
Claire
This novel was exquisite in every way, the language and imagery drew me in and led me along on a beautiful journey, where the landscape and settings were as clear as if I were there myself. Desney King’s writing is like poetry and conveys so much depth.

This is far more than just a story of grief, I went into this novel knowing very little about it and I had no idea the journey I was about to be taken on or how deep this novel would prove to be.

My journey with Angel was a powerfully moving one,
Marcia
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Transit of Angels is Desney King’s debut novel, 12 years in the making, and what a debut it is!

Angelica (known as Angel) is 34 when she receives the phone call that will change her life, her beloved husband Bill has been involved in a single vehicle motor bike accident and is now in ICU. Her twin sister Estrellita (Essie) by her side she is forced to deal with the unimaginable, Bill’s injuries are so severe they are deemed incompatible with life. At this moment, in shock and with her heart break
Sharyn P
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make sure you dont start reading this on public transport or a cafe, the beginning is so emotive and heart breaking. You'll need a box of tissues.
Angelica loses the love of her life due to a tragic accident. Her life turned upside down not knowing how to go on until she puts a little faith in signs and feelings. A different approach to dealing with lifes challenges.
She uproots herself and goes on a quest to seek understanding, peace, a new resolve. And her fight to come back from grief was rewar
Lynda
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is a truly emotional, wrenching , transformational story that grabs you and doesn’t let go. It explores the depths of grief, difficult decisions and people, as well as the transverse beauty. Somehow, this story does all of that and yet is not a depressing book. This amazing book put me in that ‘awkward’ position a reader occasionally gets with a truly splendid book: you want to keep reading as it’s so good but, conversely, you don’t want to keep reading as you know that it’ll end.
I ca
jennifer sweeney
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story; both grounded and ethereal

A wonderful story of the extremes of life and death shared through generous and insightful observations of the environment and being human.
Fully immersed, I didn’t want it to end.
Recommended to anyone who loves nature, and is intrigued about people and relationships, and the unknown.
Rob
Oct 20, 2020
Pat
Oct 21, 2020

• Wherever You Go
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Fated Goddess (Games of the Gods, #3)
  • Keeper of the Light
  • Feel the Fire (Hotshots #3)
  • The Decisions We Make
  • Combustion (Stargazer Ranch #0.5)
  • The Great Escape from Woodlands Nursing Home
  • The Vicar and the Rake (Society of Beasts #1)
  • Last Known Contact
  • The History of Mischief
  • The Pact
  • Whiskey & Charlie
  • Free Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #3)
  • Academy of Mages and Shifters III: A Reverse Harem Romance
  • Wasp Season
  • A Wicked Wager (Avenging Lords #2)
  • The Jane Austen Society
Desney King writes about love, relationships, death, grief, healing, interconnectedness, the world of nature, and life’s unfathomable mysteries. She is a retired book editor, and survivor of several strokes. Born in rural New South Wales, Desney now lives in Sydney in a light-filled apartment with a long view.
Transit of Angels is her debut novel.