Start by marking “Love in the City” as Want to Read:
Love in the City

Love in the City

(Love Manor #1.5 included)

Get ready for thirteen heart pounding and laugh out loud rom-coms from thirteen bestselling and award winning authors, including Amazon chart toppers and USA Today bestsellers. Filled with mystery, second chances, soulmates, brother's best friends, bad boys, nobility, and the cute guy in the cubicle next to you, these stories will captivate you and leave you wishing for mo ...more
Published February 16th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Love in the City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in the City

Start your review of Love in the City
Kathy
Feb 17, 2021 is currently reading it
Like many of you, I've been eagerly await the release of this anthology! Some of my very favorite authors are participating and I'm excited to try out some new-to-me authors as well. I think I'll just review as I go...

Sariah Wilson - All's Fair in Love and War
4 Stars

Delicious! Jane and Bennett used to work together, until Bennett up and stole Jane's dream job. Fast forward a few months and they're thrown together again. Jane tries to ignore his hottness, but when he combines it with sweet charm.
Katie W
**Review of Love the One You're With by Jennifer Peel**

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the life of raising a child, but what happens to a marriage when that child grows up and moves out? Jake and Kasie find themselves in the middle of a marriage crisis when that happens to them and a lot of digging and soul searching helps them figure it out.

True to Peel fashion, these characters battle real and raw emotions that are believable and angsty. I loved the angle The Real Housewives of Nashville pla
Holly Stevenson
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fabulous box set and exactly what I needed in my life right now. Clean romance with all the feels, I highly recommend!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I have been anticipating this boxed set for so long! Just look at that awesome author line-up! Wow, so many of my favorites are included in this collection. I had the chance to read a few stories early but I have also purchased my own book so I can read them all! I'll update my review as I finish the books.

Love the One Your With by Jennifer Peel
I read through this story so quickly. As usual, Jennifer Peel writes characters that are easy to relate to and root for. Kasie and Jake have a different
Kayla
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review of Little Lost Love Letter by Shari L. Tapscott
I have read almost all of Shari L. Tapscott’s contemporary novels, and I have loved every single one of them! This adorable novella was no exception. I feel like Ms. Tapscott’s blurb about this book is so funny and cute. I definitely couldn’t do justice to it, so I’m just going to add it here.
Lucy never meant for her boss to read the letter confessing her feelings. Too bad she lost it in his office.
The day started out like every other: with
Kathy Jo
Feb 16, 2021 is currently reading it
All's Fair in Love and War by Sariah Wilson
2.5 Stars
Meh. This story was just okay for me. I wasn't a fan of the heroine at all and parts of the story were not believable.

The Love Potion by Becky Monson
4 Stars
Confession. I have never really been a big fan of Valentine's Day. To me, it's just another day. And I'm sure if Ally ever heard me saying that, she would be appalled! 🤣

Ally is such a sweet, fun character. I think we all could use a friend like Ally. She's always looking for the best in pe
Jessie
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I haven't finished all of these stories yet, at 1,405 pages, that will take a few days! I just wanted to recommend this while you can get it for 99 cents. Even at full price it is well worth it though!

All's Fair in Love and War by Sariah Wilson
Jane and Bennett were both apprentice bakers. There was a no dating rule, which they kept to, while their friendship and sparks grew. Jane hopped that things might change when their apprenticeship ended, until Bennett stole her dream job. Now she's stuck i
Cindy Anderson
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved Love in the City!! This is a great collection of fun romance books from some of my favorite authors! I have my favorites but all of the books are so much fun!
Heather McDonald
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
I am reviewing A Very English Love Story. I really liked this spin off of Dating Mr Darcy. I enjoyed learning the story of the contestant Phoebe and the background of how her journey ended in Dating Mr Darcy. This was a quick read with a romantic happily ever after story!
Stacey
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
This review is for the story Love, the Viscount, & Me by Aven Ellis.

I absolutely adored McKenna and Phillip together. The first time they meet is highly entertaining, and quite embarrassing for McKenna, yet Phillip does his best to put her at ease. I loved how she was able to get him to put aside the Lord Phillip people expected him to be, and let his true personality shine. They’re great together, and there’s plenty of entertaining moments in this book as they both discover that what they want
Jennifer  Scavo
Vision of Love by Kathryn Biel is a delightful novella combining characters from 2 of her past books. Readers who are not familiar with those stories will still enjoy the comedy and romance of two people in the wrong place at the right time. What happens when you stumble into who you need without knowing you needed them? Give Vision of Love a chance and you will find out
Tea Leaves and Reads
I’ve read an advanced copy of Kirsty Greenwood’s book, Love Will Save The Day, which is included in this brilliant collection. As always with Kirsty’s novellas, a small snippet of a book is never enough and I desperately wanted to keep on following the characters on their journey! However this is a short story, and a perfectly written one too.

To be able to build up characters and history and convey emotion in such a short book is a great talent and is a skill that Kirsty never overlooks.

Kirsty i
Leah
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m reviewing “Little Lost Love Letter” by Shari L. Tapscott

This story was sooo ridiculously cute! I loved every second of it. I laughed and giggled and swooned. ;-) Lucy and Ryland were the best. I loved both their characters and their banter. It was the perfect reading escape!
Cathy
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Review of Can't Forget a Love Like That by Lucy McConnell

I really enjoyed this one. It has a different plot than any I've seen and that made it really stand out.

Iris is the type of character I love. She's quirky and fun. Iris meets the elevator everyday, sometimes even pretending to forget things, just to get the guy she likes alone. One day, not even knowing each other's names they share an amazing kiss. But then he disappears. And she has no idea where he is.

It turns out that Reggie is his na
Regina
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I haven't had a chance to read all the stories yet, so here's my review for those I've read so far.

"Vision of Love" by Kathryn R. Biel.
What do you get when you put characters from two of my personal 5-stars-reads together, add in a healthy dose of "comedy of errors" and sprinkle some showbiz drama on top? Another 5-star-read that's a whole lot of fun - and has a happy end, of course!
I absolutely loved to see the worlds of The Edison and the Sassy Cats collide! Tabitha and Henderson were so ea
AJ's book-reMarks
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love for sale reminded me of Pretty Woman, "Welcome to Hollywood, what's your dream?"

This story takes place in Hollywood with none other than Jonathan Silver, a mucky-muck in the entertainment industry who's looking for love. Meet cute Emily Hargrove, an intuitive realtor with Pemberly Properties were selling you the right home will enable you to find true love. She is a 1990 Sandra Bullock look-alike, down to earth, girl next door about 5-7, brunette, real breasts around a handful, no llama las
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another great, fun, lighthearted and very romantic "rom com" by the brilliant Aven Ellis. Two very lovable characters and arguably the most beautiful country and most amazing city there is. Experiencing London and the English countryside through McKenna's eyes made me miss the UK so very much. But I also feel like I experienced a virtual tour of my favourite city. (When I do get to visit there again, one day, I will be taking a tour bus! ;-) )
I enjoyed reading McKenna and Phillip's story, but it
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to review one story from this set. There are some fantastic authors, so I look forward to more reading in the future.

I received a review copy of "Love at the Masquerade" by Stephanie Fowers. The novella is set in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. I enjoyed the symbolism with vampires. The vampires of legends and the modern-day vampires that like to leach everything they can from anyone and everyone, only concerned with their ambitions.

Harker and Mia were a pleasure to read abo
The Nashville Bookie
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Aven Ellis does it again with Love, The Viscount and Me!

I’m obsessed with the first main scene- hilarious and impactful for the story! I won’t spoil it for you, who doesn’t love a field trip to the farm?!

These characters are adorable, smart, witty, and genuinely great people. Watching their interest turn into true feelings is so sweet!

I’d definitely recommend this for a light, fun, and care free read!
Mary Rose Kopach
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Started with the last novella in this anthology because I love Kathryn R. Biel’s books. So glad that I did. The story grabbed my attention from the first sentence and held it to the final word. Loved the story, loved the characters. I can’t wait to read the complete novel! Vision of Love, alone, was worth the purchase price. The additional novellas are a bonus I’ve yet to enjoy.
Kimberly
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Need more!

I loved loved LOVED this. I wish I had about 200 more pages of each story! It really introduced me to authors I'd never read before. Now I have a larger, taller TBR stack!
Andi
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I read Vision of Love by Kathryn R Biel. I enjoyed Henderson and Tabitha’s story, but I need more of them!
Nadine
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This review is for the stories by Kate O'Keeffe and Melissa Baldwin

And they were both wonderful! Easy-to-read, fun, romantic; everything I want in a rom-com! Both are definitely stories I'd highly recommend and those two alone make this box set worth while!
Lucy McConnell
Feb 22, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It was wonderful!
Derna
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a short sweet romance story and just what is needed when you’re waiting for Aven’s next full-length book. Love, The Viscount, and Me was a sweet novella. McKenna and Phillip are loveable characters who had great chemistry who made me laugh and smile with their heart-warming antics. Look forward to reading more.
Alisa
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I pre-ordered this book months ago, and I can hardly wait to read it! We are snowed in here in Dallas for at least a few more days - I'm excited that I will have time to read a lot of these stories!

I got an advanced copy of "Love the One You're With" by Jennifer Peel. I can't wait to read all the other stories (because some of them are written by some of my favorite authors), but I can honestly say that it's worth buying this set just for this one story.

I loved Jake and Kasie! They are strugglin
Mikkayla
Every single one of these stories has been so unique, and just a joy to read. I am so glad I read it! I’ve written a review for each story in the order they are in the book. However, I think it could be fun to read the stories in a random order too, maybe leave the most anticipated for last?

All is Fair in Love and War
Sariah Wilson
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Well firstly, it’s a baking book! And I stinking loooooove to bake, so all these fabulous desserts in the story just had me wanting to jump into the kit
Tabitha
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This collection of romantic comedy books is amazing. I bought it for some of my favorite authors, and read them all and enjoyed the whole thing. Overall clean, though maybe a little PG-13 in parts and a few books with more swearing than others (nothing bad, just a few more than I'm used to and zero f-bombs).
I first read Jennifer Peel's book, because I'd been waiting for her book and she's posted teasers for months. Love the One you're With had all the humor and feelings that I love about Jennife
Amber
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing

My Books
Browse ▾
Community ▾
Join Goodreads
and meet your next favorite book!

Book cover for Love in the City: Limited Edition Romantic Comedy Box Set
Book details
Love in the City: Limited Edition Romantic Comedy Box Set
by Melissa Baldwin (Goodreads Author)
4.70 43 ratings 37 reviews
Want to Read
Rate
A. Hogue
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Most of these were fantastic stories, but I was extremely disappointed with the swearing.

I'm sorry to only give this box set with some outstanding authors and their fantastic stories only three stars, but I can't go any higher. The first few stories, I was on cloud nine, grinning like a slap-happy idiot. I'm thinking, "These are some of the sweetest, funniest, and swoon-worthy stories I've read in a while." And then comes the swearing, and I cringe. I know it's a British cultural thing, but it's
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Connectivity 2.0
  • Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés Sweet RomCom #3)
  • The Accidental Text
  • Snowed in at Silver Lake
  • Chute Boss
  • Royal Icing (Modern Royals #3)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Roommaid
  • Falling for Your Boss (Love Clichés, #2)
  • Round Up (Lost Creek Rodeo #1)
  • This Time Next Year
  • All's Fair in Love and Blood
  • Of Sword and Shadow
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
  • Give Me One Good Reason: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Shaped By Love Book 4)
  • Snowed In at the Castle (Snowed In for Christmas #1)
  • The Keeper of Her Heart
USA Today bestselling author Melissa Baldwin is a planner-obsessed Disney fan who still watches Beverly Hills 90210 reruns and General Hospital.

She's a wife, mother, and journal keeper, who finally decided to write the book she talked about for years. She took her dream to the next level, and is now an award-winning, bestselling author of twenty-one Romantic Comedy and Cozy Mystery novels and nov

Love Manor (3 books)
  • Dating Mr. Darcy (Love Manor, #1)
  • Marrying Mr. Darcy (Love Manor, #2)
  • Falling for Another Darcy (Love Manor, #3)

News & Interviews