Start by marking “Once in a Lifetime (Pete)” as Want to Read:
Once in a Lifetime (Pete)

Once in a Lifetime (Pete)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Twelve days, eight shows, six cities.
How many unknown artists land that kind of gig?

Becky and Pete have been friends all their lives, almost as long as they’ve been a pop-punk duo. They moved from their small Northern hometown to London in hopes to ‘make it’—yet almost a decade on, they’ve got little to show for their efforts. Pursuing their dream has taken its toll on bot
Published October 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Once in a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once in a Lifetime

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Once in a Lifetime (Pete)
Tracy
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read Becky's point of view first, and I guess being a girl, I favor hers a little bit. But Pete is wonderfully introspective, and brings a lot to the story. Still love all the characters with the notable exception of Paul and Todd
David Wickham
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it

I'm giving this four stars. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea. Most of is dialogue which I like. Not many authors have the ear for writing good dialogue but the author Luana Ferraz truly does. She communicates more in a few lines than some authors try to do in several paragraphs.

The book focuses mainly on two characters: Pete and Becky. They are a two person punk band. I personally thought punk went out o
Shelley
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
My interests is often piqued by stories written and imagined in a different light. Here we are with a romance novel essentially, told from the perspective of a male protagonist. A love triangle presents itself but again, it's not heteronormative.

The story deals with some complex issues such as addiction, abuse and sexuality. Despite the meaty content, the story itself is not heavy.

The story, however, was greatly let down by a number of typos, syntax and grammatical errors. Without looking for th
miriam onadeko
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pete and Becky Friends for Life

Good storyline and a page turner with the many twist and turns. Loved how they held their friendship like kid gloves. There is enough drama for every character in this story to shine at some point in the story. Go and get it you will not be disappointed.
Vedika Sheth
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it
It was okay. Not my favorite or my least favorite but it was there in the middle. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Luana Ferraz
Sep 21, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Once in a Lifetime is out in the world!

Once in a Lifetime is a companion duology—the same story told from two different POVs. You can read the series in whichever order you prefer!

CONTENT WARNINGS:
This story deals with some issues that might be harmful to some readers. Those include:
(view spoiler)
Elizabeth Slick
Oct 24, 2020
Ilani K.wise
Oct 24, 2020

• Death in the Family (Shana Merchant, #1)
  • Snow (St. John Strafford, #1)
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • Devoted
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Jagged Edge
  • The Haunting of Gillespie House
  • This is So Happening (So Far, So Good, #2)
  • The Dilemma
  • The Sentinel (Jack Reacher, #25)
  • A Bride to Melt the Sheriff’s Iron Heart
  • Lucian (Filthy Marcellos #1)
  • Jingle All the Way
  • Poisoned
  • The Last Thing You Surrender
  • Ashes on the Earth
  • Love is a Battlefield (Seven Brides for Seven Mothers, #1)
Luana Ferraz is a Brazilian writer and translator. She currently lives in São Paulo, but her mind wanders everywhere.
She's graduated in translation and interpretation and has been working in this area for years. She loves translation, as for her it is nothing more than reinterpreting stories, but her greatest passion is telling stories of her own.
Luana has been writing and creating stories for as

News & Interviews