Start by marking “Nicole (Sewing in SoCal #3)” as Want to Read:
Nicole  (Sewing in SoCal #3)

Nicole

(Sewing in SoCal #3)

Who has time to date when she’s trying to raise a miniature human by herself AND save the planet from its irresponsible inhabitants? Not to mention my winning personality (snort) and my curves-have-curves figure (eyeroll) don’t exactly attract the opposite sex. Unfortunately, none of these reasons have stopped my best friends and SoCal sewing sisters from taking on the arc ...more
Published January 7th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Nicole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nicole

Start your review of Nicole (Sewing in SoCal #3)
Sarah Monzon
Sep 30, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Not everyone is going to like Nicole Applegate, but I seriously love her.
Mariellys Ricaurte
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I came to this book by the cover but fell in love with the content.

She tells the story of Nicole, who after separating, struggles to raise her daughter, run her business, contribute to her friend's wedding, and save the environment in the process.

Nicole meets Drew, the best friend of her best friend's fiancé, and at first he seems unpleasant but soon she will discover that Drew is much more than he seems.

I loved the author's way of narrating, it is easy and light without many ornaments but it ma
Jaycee Weaver
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Based on "meeting" all the other ladies in the SoCal series in the previous two books, I wasn't so sure I'd get along with Nicole. But you know what? She's awesome. Sure, she's loud and brash and opinionated and even a little hard-headed. But you know what else? She also fiercely loves and fights for what she believes in as a loyal friend who works to see the best in others and in herself, despite the occasional insecurity that rears its head. She's a warrior I admire, and I found myself wishing ...more
Dulcie
Jan 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-reads
ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an open and honest review.

Contemporary Romance : ⭐️⭐️⭐️

First I was interested in this solely because...well look at this cover! It's gorgeous.
This novel was sweet and cute. The relationship between our MCs was believable and made you root for their HEA. Nothing to complain about here.
Lori
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to brag about Nicole ya'll! She's the coolest ever! I loved Nicole!
Her outgoing no nonsense ways tickled me pink! She doesn't beat around the bush about anything and tells it like it is.
Monzon once again writes a good novel that I enjoyed so much!
Monzon's books are such a delight to read!
Her writing is so entertaining!
She makes you laugh in the most unexpected places.
I finished this book in an hour. I really didn't want to leave the characters especially Nicole!
Not sure why t
Martha
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This absolute adorable book will have you weak at the knees, in a good way. The quips, the humor, encompassing hard topics without drama all throughout, I fell in love. When I finished it, I was so sad as I wanted more and more. I wanted to hear about about the whole group, but each one, I fall in love a little bit more. I enjoyed how the author wove critical topics of our time into the story, and picking up on the struggle of raising a child with an absent father, while not speaking poorly of t ...more
Clara
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Sarah Monzon's newest release delivered everything I’ve come to expect from this wonderful author: toe-curling romance, witty banter, and humor. Furthermore, there’s a way in which Monzon weaves her story that grounds them, makes the reader believe they are real.
If you have read the previous books in the #SewingInSoCal series, you’re probably sure Nicole has Drew wrongly figured out. And sure, she does... thing is, Drew doesn’t completely know her either. And it was quite entertaining to watch
Jeanne Alfveby Crea
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another delightful installment of the Sewing in SoCal series. I loved the many laugh-out-loud moments! It was just what the doctor ordered. (Seriously though, I may need a doctor since I was laughing so hard my husband even heard me wheezing.)

First lines of "Nicole" by Sarah Monzon: "It is a truth universally unacknowledged that not every woman who is single is in want of a husband. And I really wished my sewing sisters would get that through their thick skulls."

Nicole at first glance is a very
Nicole Laverdure
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
New discovery for me!

Nicole is my first read by this author Sarah Monzon. I didn't know what to expect since I haven't read her previous stories in the Sewing in SoCal series. Well I found it fun to read!

Nicole is a very opinionated heroine and divorced mom of an eight year old daughter named Sierra. When they say that 'opposite attract' well this is the case for her and the hero named Drew. Some scenes made me laugh so much! I really enjoyed following Nicole! Lovely story to chase your worrie
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I could not wipe the smile off of my face while reading this book! This is the first time that I have read this author and I can't wait to read more.

Drew and Nicole are like oil and water. She is a divorced mom who is pretty straight laced. Drew is a physician who is super laid back and silly. Will Nicole keep up her walls around her heart?

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the arc. The opinions are my own.
Toni Shiloh
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series is one of Sarah Monzon's best. Each book keeps getting better and better.
I love enemies to lovers trope and with Nicole and Drew you get a little feist, witty dialogue, and a whole lot of lol moments. But there are also some deep issues that Monzon is great at weaving into her fiction. I may have even teared up at a couple of scenes.

*I'm Sarah's critique partner and read this book ahead of time. However, I loved it so much I purchased my own copy to reread.
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Um...I think I've found my new best friend. Nicole is by far my favorite read of the series, which I have said about both previous reads, but seriously. Nicole is the BEST! First of all, she has curves. And while many readers may not care about that, this curvy read is always look for leading ladies that are not the "Hollywood-norm". I want some curves, I want some meat on their bones! LOL. For that reason alone I instantly connected with her.

Now, Nicole did have some quirks about her. At first
Nicole
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not going to lie, I wanted to read this book simply because of its title. I love when I get to read about characters who have my name. I know that’s goofy, but I’m a goof! The fact that it’s a Sarah Monzon novel just guaranteed it was going to be a great read. Nicole was the super-fun, highly engaging read I needed to escape into this past Thanksgiving. It has everything I’ve come to love in Monzon’s writing — a fast-paced plot that kept me turning pages voraciously, well-crafted characters ...more
Stacey Ulferts
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am loving the Sewing in SoCal series! Nicole is laugh out loud funny and heart touchingly sweet. I can't wait for the next one! ...more
Pascale
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
While the girls from the sewing circle prepare for Molly’s wedding, Drew has caught Nicole’s eye. She tries to resist his charms but then Drew ends up coaching her daughter’s football team and they are thrown together more often than Nicole feels comfortable with. Nicole is a strong, opinionated character and she may not be everyone’s cup of tea but this is an enjoyable book to read and the author’s writing talent shines through, as always. This is a clean, Christian romance.
MJSH
"But just as a man needs to give a woman support to shine, he needs to protect her so no one else can blow out her light."

Oh, when I thought I couldn't love these sewing circle sisters any more than I already do, Nicole and Drew step into the spotlight and make me fall in love with them even more! With her trademark wit and humor, Sarah Monzon brings another well-written and enchanting romcom to delight our senses. As with all of her other books, there is depth to the plot with serious topics an
Aminata Coote
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I first met the character Nicole (way back when I was reading Molly)  she struck me as a crusader. She was always on some cause lambasting those who did not feel, or react, as passionately as she did.  But then I read this book...

Sarah Monzon did a great job fleshing out Nicole's character. She was more than a woman passionate about many causes. She had hurts, fears, and insecurities like every woman. She second-guessed some of the choices she made and had wrong views about people.

What st
Pam Graber
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Monzon's Sewing in SoCal series has enough laugh-out-loud moments to qualify it as comedy fiction, and enough depth in the characters to qualify it as women's fiction, AND enough swoony moments to qualify it as romance. Whatever you call it, I'm glad I picked this up.

The opening scene in Nicole is worth the price of the book! Nicole Applegate is a curvy, tree-hugging activist whose friends have bribed her into a blind date. IF she makes it through without walking out, they will contribute
Erin
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one is a little "different" than a traditional romcom, but I loved it. If you're looking for something G rated and wholesome, definitely check this one out. I love a good enemies to lovers storyline and I loved how Drew always supported Nicole from the very beginning, even when she didn't realize it. I LOVED that Nicole is portrayed as she is - she is a woman who is self-conscious in her body, passionate about her views, and passionate about her daughter!

Nadine Keels
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
As a divorced mom busy raising a daughter on one hand and trying to save Planet Earth on the other, Nicole hasn't got time for dating. But her sewing-sisters circle insists on playing matchmakers, even if Drew, a doctor who annoys Nicole out of her skull, isn't exactly what the sisters have in mind in Nicole by author Sarah Monzon.

Admittedly, I can only do a few contemporary romances a year nowadays. I tend to burn out on some of the unsurprising elements that show up in a lot of them, so I have
NatashaReadz
Nov 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2020
ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review.

A cute and quick rom com about a single mother who is guarded and a doctor who is trying to win her affections.
I related to Nicole, being a single mom and not used to being in the dating world. I too recently started dating again after five years of being single. I've finally found love again and had to open up to a complete stranger and include him in not just my life, but my child's as well. So yes, I liked this story because I could to relate t
Caitlin
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really love this series! I will admit to being worried about reading Nicole's book, given her opinionated views and somewhat judgmental comments in the other books. I was worried I wouldn't like her. Thankfully I did, even though she really frustrated me at times. Bless Drew. That guy is literally perfect. So swoony. Overall, a great continuation to the series and I can't wait to read the next installment. ...more
Janet Ferguson
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, fiction
Another fun installment of the Sewing in SoCal ladies! Such a great hero!
Andree V.M.
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

I love real women empowerment in books! Not the kind that tells us we are not weak at all, but rather the one that encourages us to seek the power within our weaknesses. This book is all that!

I'm already curious about the bad reviews this book will get, because I know people will not like Nicole Applegate! She's strong, independent, resilient, and has a heart of gold, but she's all the way into her passions.

As a be
Avani ✨
Jan 02, 2021 rated it liked it

Nicole by Sarah Monzon is the third book in the 'Sewing In SoCal' series and an adult romance set in a small town. The covers for all the three novels are very eye catching. The books can be read individually as well. I haven't read the first two books in the series and this one went just fine.

We see Nicole who is a single mother and has recently separated from her husband. Her best friend and SoCal sisters are busy setting her up for online dates. Not to
Leslie M.
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by this author, or any of the books in this series, though I've heard good things about both. This isn't my usual genre to read, but I'm glad I gave it a try.

The cover is what first caught my attention. After reading the blurb, I thought this might be a good book to start out the year. I had problems keeping my focus to read in 2020, but I was able to do so with this enjoyable read.

Nicole is a well-rounded character: a single mom and environmentalist who is determined t
Vicky Sluiter
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve really enjoyed the Sewing in So Cal series and I want more of these friends. Author Sarah Monzon has written the best of the three with Nicole’s story, and that’s saying a lot. You could read this as a stand alone but don’t. You’ll miss out on a lot of nuances if you do. Plus, Molly and Jocelyn have great stories of their own.

The characters in this story grew on me. I wasn’t even sure I could like Nicole at first. She’s very strong willed and opinionated. And not afraid to share that opinio
Katie Edgar
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
If you want fun yet meaningful fiction, this series and story fits the bill! I really really liked Drew! He was patient, kind and fun. I loved Nicole’s passion, although I could tell she was southern girl with some of her ideas about things. Some of them do not work in northern climates and people just don’t understand that. But she was spunky and passionate about what she believed in and worked on those beliefs in her life. I loved seeing follow up on the whole gang from the series too. I recom ...more
Emily Dana
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Nicole. It was my favorite so far in the Sewing in SoCal series. If you'd asked me when I read book 1 if I planned to read Nicole's story, I would have said "no." It's a good thing the author threw in the first chapter at the end of Jocelyn, because reading from Nicole's perspective made me decide I did, in fact, want to know her story. And Drew's. Oh, Drew. I love Drew.

I did wish a few things were a bit more fleshed out. Like, how Drew and Nicole blended their varying views on
Gloria Moseley
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Monzon’s new book “Nicole” is a masterfully written story of a single mother (Nicole Applegate) who is trying to raise her daughter to be a responsible Christian, while at the same time navigating the circumstances of single life. Dr. Drew Bauer is the man who shows us that the best way to a woman’s heart is sometimes getting just under her skin. Her serious nature and his sense of humor combine to entertain the reader as the book itself deals with serious relationship issues. This book is ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Match Made at Christmas
  • Some Bright Someday (Maple Valley #2)
  • An Unlikely Proposal
  • Hope Between the Pages (Doors to the Past)
  • All At Once (Walker Beach Romance #0.5)
  • A Cowboy for Keeps (Colorado Cowboys, #1)
  • Like a Christmas Dream (Port Willis Romance)
  • While It Was Snowing (Restoring Heritage #2.5)
  • Unknown Threat (Defend and Protect, #1)
  • Something Borrowed: Christmas Weddings Collection
  • All of You, Always (Walker Beach Romance #1)
  • The Holiday Husband (Sugar Creek, #4)
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • The Thief of Blackfriars Lane
  • All That We Carried
  • Still the One (Deep Haven Collection, #1)
  • All Because of You (Walker Beach Romance #2)
  • The Escape (US Marshals, #1)
A Carol award finalist and Selah award winner, Sarah Monzon is a stay-at-home mom who makes up imaginary friends to have adult conversations with (otherwise known as writing novels). As a navy chaplain's wife, she resides wherever the military happens to station her family and enjoys exploring the beauty of the world around her.

Sewing in SoCal (3 books)
  • Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • Jocelyn  (Sewing in SoCal, #2)