Start by marking “Space Taxis” as Want to Read:
Space Taxis

Space Taxis

He's abducted by aliens to the planet Vost.
He's saving up for his fare home.
But he's got the small matter of a planetary apocalypse to deal with first...

In 1977 a New York Cab driver Mike Redolfo is abducted by aliens after being mistaken for a renegade scientist. Meanwhile, back in 1944 a mysterious man and his Jewish fiancée are fleeing across Nazi-occupied Europe.
Redolf
Published November 6th 2020 by Burton Mayers Books

To ask other readers questions about Space Taxis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Taxis

Start your review of Space Taxis
Jude Gwynaire
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fell in love with ‘Space Taxis’ straight away – couldn’t put it down!

If you enjoy reading sci-fi, fantasy, and historical fiction, you’ll find this a great read. Think Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Star Trek, mixed with Fred Herbert’s ‘Dune’ and you’re there!
Readers will immediately identify with the main character ‘Mike Redolfo’, the taxi driver who is abducted by aliens to the planet Vost, and caught up in a sci-fi world that will just blow your mind, and keep you smiling too – for the boo
Nidhi
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is a total blast and a unique combination of science fiction and history. This is the first time I am reading such unique combinations with so adventurous stories.
The book begins with the introduction of a cab driver - Mike Rodolfo.

And this book is about Mike Rodolfo who is kidnapped by aliens?
But why would aliens gonna kidnap a human?

They took him to Vost. The author has given a cool and amazing detail about this planet, its colorful alien inhabitants, the hero Rodolfo's defiant an
Paul Stevens
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Space Taxis for the second time because not only is this book unputdownable, it also has depth and works on several different levels. The intertwining of several different, yet connected story threads is cleverly and imaginatively handled and the engaging central character, Mike Redolfo, draws us in right from the start as we identify closely with him as he experiences all the twists and turns as the story unfolds. I thoroughly recommend Space Taxis. This could be a fine st ...more
Gillian McKay
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Fantastic, it’s a must read. It made me laugh and cry in equal measure. I couldn’t put it down as wanted to know what happened next. Want more books from this author
Jenna Rideout
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was granted complimentary access to Space Taxis through Rachel's Random Resources as part of my participation in a blog tour for this title. Thank you to all involved! My thoughts are my own and my review is honest.

Tour blog post: https://www.westveilpublishing.com/?p...

A rogue scientist from the planet Vost is hiding in WWII Europe. New York cabbie Mike Redolfo is mistaken for said rogue scientist three decades later, arrested and brought to Vost, then released with the "sorry, not sorry" ex
Victoria
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A surprisingly entertaining alternate history book that combines space, aliens, Celtic history, and Hitler occupied Germany. The story line goes allover the place but somehow meshes together and works. You start out with a New York City cab driver getting fired to alien abduction and waking up on a different planet AND THEN you are a pregnant jewish woman working in a beauty shop under a new name that hopes she wont get sent to a concentration camp. There is also mind powers. And a reborn Celtic ...more
Tayla Jean
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book made me think of the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy!

The writers have successfully combined historic events with science fiction. Mike Redolfo (you are going to love this guy!) Is the main character of the book. The book begins with him being upducted and taken to Vost....

There are plenty of side characters, like a couple who are fleeing Prague - and one of these characters, Kominsky, is not human...

I don't want to say too much as I dont want to spoil the book for anyone... just know
Irene Phillips
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this multidimensional, multilayered story literally racing across universes, planets, time and countries. It’s fast moving and gives the brain a workout. The historical segments I particularly enjoyed as they were very sensitively written. The characterisation was excellent and I warmed to Mike immediately. Bringing in the ancient mythology was also a winner for me. Not an easy read- you need to keep your brain switched on but well worth it. A great story, worthy of reading a couple of t ...more
Paul Warwicker
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Right from the start, a roller-coaster ride with engaging protagonists, vividly described settings, and a fascinating interlacing of historical fiction and sci-fi, the stories intertwining in unanticipated ways. I especially liked the characters Dominik and Marianna; their story was powerful. The story of Mike Redolfo, Brooklyn cabbie, drives the reader through original and unexpected twists, moving relationships and friendships, and a cracking battle scene, with a bit of a Lord of The Rings mee ...more
Suzanne Smith
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There were so many things that I loved about Space Taxis. The vivid, detailed description of the the planet Vost, the colorful alien inhabitants, the hero Redolfo’s defiant, yet vulnerable personality, the complexity of the villain Tannis, and the non contrived, easy flowing dialogue to name a few. But perhaps the most impressive of all was the author’s ability to move smoothly across time and space, establishing a clear, concrete connection between each of the key characters without jarring the ...more
Reema
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Space taxis was an unexpected joy to read, it was paced well and engaging throughout. I enjoyed the character development and I was especially a fan of the ESP and the pagan mythology that had been incorporated into the story. I found it to be a fascinating take on history and it filled me with a sense of delight how it fit in with real world events.
I would recommend Space taxis to anyone with an open mind – enjoy the ride!
Bindu
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Space taxis was a delightfully entertaining read! It was an interesting story blend of history and science fiction. The character development was strong and as a reader I was enthralled.
I'd thoroughly recommend Space Taxis for an emotional roller coaster juxtaposed between two genres!
Jo Jo
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A phenomenal read. It would make a great movie. I was gripped from start to finish. As one mystery was solved, another unfolded in the most unexpected ways that kept me riveted till the end. When you read something this good, you must spread the good news.
Bill
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! Just listened to the Audible version. Funny, sad and moving - brilliant narration as well as story telling.
Stella Jorette
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humorous-scifi
Life isn't going that well for Mike Redolfo in 1977's Brooklyn. His attempts at playing the hero have gotten him fired, he's plastered, and he's been abducted by aliens. Life is also not going well for Marianna Kravova, a Jewish chemist in 1944's Prague. Her husband's forging skills have kept her hidden, but her luck's run out and the Nazi's are hot on her trail.

These two plot lines converge during the course of the novel, and believe it or not mix with elements from Celtic mythology, battle an
Ranulf Smith
Space Taxis really is one of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long time. Funny, witty, at times incredibly sad and poignant, with brilliant characterizations.

Mike Redolfo, a new York cab driver in 1977 thinks he's having a bad day, losing his job and then finding out Elvis Presley has died. Things take a further turn for the worse when he gets abducted by aliens and taken to a crime-ridden planet.

There's another timeline also unfolding, set in Nazi-occupied Prague, Second World War. A lik
Richie
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely amazing book. I loved the unfolding mystery, the two timelines coming together and the brilliantly portrayed characters, especially the main protagonist, Mike Redolfo.
This book excels in transporting you to the worlds portrayed, the mystery keeps you guessing, and you feel emotionally involved in the characters' lives.
The 1970s scenes gave me a real sense of place, evoking a nostalgia for the period. I felt at times like I was in an episode of Starsky and Hutch, or Taxi - and the
Claire
Mar 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gift, sci-fi
1970s New York taxi driver Mike Redolfo is abducted by aliens and taken to the planet Vost. Unfortunately, he's not the alien that they are looking for — but there are no government grants available to pay for his fare home. Instead, he is offered a job as a taxi driver as part of a government rehabilitation scheme, giving him the opportunity to earn his fare home. Meanwhile, back in 1944, a mysterious man and his Jewish fianceé are fleeing Nazi-occupied Prague.

Space Taxis caught my eye as I am
Jessica Belmont
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Space Taxis by A & H Frosh is a really entertaining novel that mixed science fiction and historical fiction. I thought that was such a unique concept that I absolutely had to read this one.

This story is told in dual timelines. I think this was so well done. I think both stories are intriguing on their own, so reading them paralleled together.

The characters are so well written. This story is totally character driven, which is my favorite kind of novel. The authors created characters that I cared
Adam Frosh
Oct 28, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Readers have compared this book to both The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Slaughterhouse 5. You will be taken on a journey that alternates between the hilarious, the serious and the touching, through two timelines that eventually come together as the mystery unfolds.

In 1977 New York taxi driver Mike Redolfo is zipping around Brooklyn in his yellow checker cab. His uncanny knack of staying clear of trouble comes to an end when he's abducted by aliens and taken to planet Vost. On Vost, he'
Terry
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the blend of factual history/Sci-Fi/ancient symbolism. Think of a lighthearted episode of classic Star-Trek mixed with Frank Herbert's 'Dune'. There's a real depth to this story as it entwines elements of the Nazi occupation in Europe during WW2, with equally dramatic events that occur on another planet in another galaxy far, far away... I can't wait to see the movie version. VERY highly recommended. ...more
Ananth Vijendren
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great embodiment of fantasy and history in a very imaginative way. Adam and Harriet Frosh have beautifully combined dark Nazi history, Celtic gods and space travels in an intriguing and innovative way. There's certainly makings for a trilogy and a silver screen production. Thoroughly recommend it for any history and sci fi buffs ...more
Colleen
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a WILD ride!

I loved every minutes of this book, It's just the sort of sci-fi I really enjoy, good story line, quirk characters and so much humour. If your a fan of Hitchhikers, Chronicles of St Mary's and Red Dwarf this will definitely be right up your alley!
Eric Balch
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Space Taxis is a novel featuring the unusual combination of science fiction and historical fiction. The story features the stories of several characters in two different timeframes. The first follows New York cab driver Mike Redolfo as he is abducted by aliens mistaking him for a criminal they are looking for. Unable to return home, Redolfo must find work to buy his way home and ends up getting involved in a mystery surrounding an individual bent on destroying the society of the planet. Redolfo ...more
Dan Klefstad
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! Adam and Harriet Frosh wrote more than an alien abduction story. They've curated the literary equivalent of an acid trip across space and time. Now that I've landed, and want to explain this story, it's best to focus on seemingly disparate subplots involving a 1970s cab driver, a Jewish couple fleeing Nazis, and a gang of criminals on a distant planet.
New York City cabbie Mike Redolfo is an experienced, headstrong driver who (we gradually learn) has a special talent for avoidin
Bill Smith
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great read and unusual story line.

Not my normal style of novel but well worth a visit😊
Aidan Edward
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read! Highly recommend!
Kanchana Rajaguru
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a gripping unputdownable story transcending the earth and the planets out beyond ! Science fiction and somber history of Nazi occupied Europe woven together seamlessly. This book is well written and contains highly interesting characters and storylines which keeps the reader interested till the very end. Highly recommended.
Tom
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Despite not being a science fiction fan, this book managed to intrigue me and hold my attention. The use of historical figures, places and events to weave this gripping tale that encompasses other worlds was fascinating. Would recommend the ride!
Chris Malone
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Space Taxis’ is a goddam crazy ride. There’s lots of rip-roaring action on planet Vost (to where the protagonist is abducted), and plenty of aliens with weird and blubbery jowls! In fact planet Vost bears not a little resemblance to planet earth on steroids, with the addition of telepathic combat and alien races.

I want a proximity klaxon on my Ford!

There’s a more serious side too. The Froshes, themselves descendants of Jewish refugees, plant one strand of the action firmly in Nazi Germany.

If at

• The Stone Man (The Stone Man, #1)
  • UFO Down: A Sci-Fi Mystery Novel
  • Awaken (Northern Witch, #2)
  • Emergency Skin
  • The Atlantis Gene (The Origin Mystery, #1)
  • The End of Dreams (The Gifted and The Cursed, #3)
  • Bodacious: The Shepherd Cat
  • What Abigail Did That Summer (Rivers of London, #5.3)
  • The Secret by the Lake
  • The Mother Code
  • We Could Be Heroes
  • The Future Is Yours
  • After the Storm (A Giuseppe Bianchi mystery Book 2)
  • Orange City (Orange City, #1)
  • The Plot Against America
  • Danger in Numbers
  • The Sediments of Time: My Lifelong Search for the Past
  • A Lover's Discourse
Adam wasted much of his youth watching Star Trek on the TV and films like Planet of the Apes and Alien on the big screen. He redeemed himself by becoming a surgeon but has since graduated from writing articles for science journals into writing his own Sci Fi and Alternate History stories. As a writer he is dedicated to giving his readers a great story laced with strong, fun and scary characters.

D

News & Interviews

When author TJ Klune was growing up, he never saw queer characters in books in a way that felt true to his experience.  “They were the...