Start by marking “The Disappearance of Lonnie James” as Want to Read:
The Disappearance of Lonnie James

The Disappearance of Lonnie James

Kindle Edition
Published September 18th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Disappearance of Lonnie James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Disappearance of Lonnie James

Start your review of The Disappearance of Lonnie James
Melanie
Oct 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2020
I was pleasantly surprised when I finally decided to read this book. I'd pulled it from Kindle Unlimited a while back but just couldn't get started on it. Once I did, I got really hooked. Aside from a few spelling/grammar/word choice errors, the story was fast paced and had just that perfect hint of something sinister. It actually felt very Dean Koontz-ish, which is a complement to Amy Cross!

The story centers around a cop who is called to investigate and find a lost boy. The parents are distraug
Garry
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS WHY I READ!!!

I have not enjoyed a book this much in a very long time. Amy Cross has fast become one of my favorite writers. I discovered her work just a short time ago, and this is the fourth great book I have read of hers. Her stories are amazing, very well written and have more twists in them than last year's Christmas lights. This is my favorite book of the year so far! (I know, it's only January).

In the small town of Norfolk, people have been disappearing. Lonnie James is the latest
Angela
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very Interesting

I enjoy Amy Crosses books. This one is different, people disappear yet no one remembers their existence. The sheriff, a drunk, remembers Lonnie James the latest person, a little boy, o goes missing. The day after Lonnie goes missing no one except the sheriff remembers Lonnie. Even the boy's parrnts don't remember him and deny they ever had a son. So the sheriff can't let go and proceeds to try and solve this mystery. The unraveling of the disappearance makes for a great story. I
Tyler Swain
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Good, just...not my thing

As i said it was a good book, it just wasnt really my type of book.

Dont get me wrong it was good (a little boring at times) but the last....i dont know....10 chapters ruined the book for me. I like to read books that are a little more....realistic for lack of a better term in the ending and this wasnt it
Mary Johnson
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another good read!

Amy Cross seldom fails to create an excellent book for my reading pleasure. This one had everything from death to otherworldly elements. There are a few unanswered questions but to me thats what makes her stuff interesting. I would recommend this book to my family and friends.
Wanda
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sci-Fi

Sheriff Curtis believes he keeps the town's people safe until Lonnie James turns up missing. Catherine James tells Sheriff Curtis that if he doesn't find her son she'll kill him.
A week later he's still trying to find him, but everyone has forgotten who Lonnie James was including his own mother.
This is an intense read, and a real page turner.
John Morris
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A very strange tale!

This was a very well written but, confusing story. It drifted from a dark police thriller, through a kind of sci-fi horror, to a philosophical glimpse at a world of supernatural gods. However, I really enjoyed it!
Yvonne Schuchart
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it but kind of weird

Great story but our there paranormal weird! Definite adult read for paranormal scifi lovers. A father who is a sheriff who can't remember his family existed, and why?
Rachel Kasperek
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is wild

So I went into this expecting a ghost story. I got so much more. It’s hard to describe without spoilers, and I really don’t want to give anything away. Nothing like I ever anticipated and the plot is like nothing I’ve read before. I really loved this book, and would love it if I could find something similar.
Tracey
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I really enjoyed this book, interesting and it definitely keeps your attention. I love her books, can't wait for another one.
mike frazier
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good

I read a lot of authors but keep coming back to Amy. I love her imagination and talent. She is unpredictable.
margaret
Entertaining

I felt like I was reading a script from one of those old tv shows like The Outer Limits ,it was kinda interesting at first but I got tired of it before long.
Cathy Gudger
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the premise of this horror story! It was so different! On to the next Amy Cross book!
Wally Sherman
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good captivating read

Well written with some interesting turns. Love this author. Never boring in my opinion. I recommend this horrifying adventure if you like thrills
Charlene Rodatz
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This would make a great movie

Very imaginative story. It kept me engrossed and trying to figure it out the whole way. If you like strange, you'll like this book.
Johnna Pack
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Edge of your seat good

Stays interesting as new twists emerge. Surprise ending will have you questioning your existence. It’s several stories within one big Story
Teena Renken
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Creepy story

A young boy goes missing in a small town. Of course the police are fast to act and start searching. The sheriff has a drinking problem, and intends to stay up all night and come up with theories, and new places to search. When he wales in the morning no one remembers the missing boy. Not eventhe boys parents. ...
Amy Green Herman
Nov 25, 2020
Daniel Kenning
Oct 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Hill (The Spread #1)
  • A Ghost Arrives: A Novel
  • The House of a Hundred Whispers
  • The Forest
  • The Village (The Spread #2)
  • Haunted: Perron Manor
  • PEST
  • Autumn Bleeds Into Winter
  • Haunted: Devil's Door
  • The Feeding (Whiteout Book 5)
  • The Haunting of Wycombe Hall
  • They Came with the Rain
  • Bathwater Blues: A Horror Novel
  • Under the Wicked Moon: A Novel
  • Mandy (Reach for the Dead #1)
  • Cades Home Farm (Reach for the Dead, #2)
  • Child Behind the Wall (Detective Ray Paterson # 6)
  • The Snow
Amy Cross writes novels and short stories in a number of genres, mainly horror, paranormal and fantasy. Books include The Farm, Annie's Room, The Island, Eli's Town and Asylum. ...more