Start by marking “Escape From Wheel (Conquest Of The Veil Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Escape From Wheel (Conquest Of The Veil Book 2)

Escape From Wheel (Conquest Of The Veil Book 2)

Published August 5th 2020 by Book Liftoff

To ask other readers questions about Escape From Wheel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape From Wheel

Start your review of Escape From Wheel (Conquest Of The Veil Book 2)
Julie
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, fantasy
Escape from Wheel by Michael Scott Clifton is a 2020 publication.

High Fantasy, Epic Adventure and Romance!

This is the second installment in the Conquest of Veil series.

Book one sets the stage with character introduction, world building, etc., and I admit, not being a big High Fantasy or Epic Fantasy reader, I struggled a little. However, by the time the book wrapped up, I was invested enough in the characters to give this second installment a try.

Now that the groundwork has been laid, the f
Kelly Marshall
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

When I was a child, I loved fantasy and the worlds I created in my mind to entertain myself. Reading Michael Clifton’s book, Escape From Wheel, took me back to that era of make-believe. Clifton is a gifted writer and creates vivid scenes even when describing creatures the reader is not familiar with; I could visualize these alien creatures quite readily.
Alexandria Duvalier lives on Meredith, a place of magic, both good and evil. She is devastated to learn her father, the Duke of Wheel, forcibly
Richard Schwindt
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Escape the Wheel by Michael Scott Clifton is a great place to find your next sword and Sorcery fix. The second volume in the Conquest of the Veil series, it features good action sequences along with various magiks, beasties and ruthless enemies. Prince Tal is on a mission, and does that make Princess Alexandria an impediment or his one true love? Lots of fun, solid prose. Recommended with honeyed biscuits and your favorite potion.
Jenn Belden
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had not read the first installment in Michael Scott Clifton’s Conquest of the Veil series, but I knew by the time I finished Escape From Wheel I would be getting my hands on a copy. I’m a big fan of fantasy – particularly YA fantasy – and I think this is suitable for more mature YA readers or adults due to the nature of the references to Rodric’s attack on Alexandra.

At the start of the book, I did feel lost – having read the first book would have made my introduction to this world much easier.
Christena
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"The power of the heart is an irresistible force…and a pure heart always rings true,” Diana said."

Escape From Wheel by author, Michael Scott Clifton, is the first fantasy book I have read in a long, long time. When my favorite authors ended their series, I moved onto other genres of books.

While this could be a stand-alone book in the Conquest of the Veil series, it did help me to read the synopsis of The Open Portal to get a better foundation in the story of Escape From Wheel.

Now onto the except
Celia
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Escape from Wheel by Michael Scott Clifton is a truly mesmerizing adventure to behold. Picture an almost classic tale of good versus evil, mixed in with a love story and a journey to so much more. Clifton’s detailed imagination and writing is what ultimately makes this fantastical tale. The imagery created by his words was downright engrossing! I loved reading about all the magical creatures encountered as well as all the mystical tools at their disposal. I read fantasy and magic to experience s ...more
Lynn Poppe
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve been reading a lot of Sci Fi lately, skipping Fantasy and Magical Realism books all together. I’ve just not been in a Sword and Sorcery kind of place mentally. But the draw to Fantasy is always there, in the back of my mind. Especially when it’s a battle of good against evil! Escape from Wheel ticks off all the boxes in the Fantasy\Magical Realism genres and is worth the read.

Mr. Clifton’s writing is visually descriptive and magical. (Sorry. I couldn’t help the pun!) For example:
"They oozed
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a world where magic has prevailed over technology, man and magical kind are locked in a desperate fight to overthrow the dark king and queen of the Veil. Two teens are the only ones powerful enough to stop them, but the villains always seem to be one step ahead, and time is running out. If the forces of good can't rally together soon, their world will be locked in darkness forever. A beautifully bombastic epic fantasy by award-winning author, Michael Scott Clifton, Escape from Wheel is an adv ...more
Rox Burkey
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Michael Scott Clifton finally released book 2 in his Conquest of the Veil, Escape From Wheel, thank goodness. I have been waiting to see what happens to this good versus evil fantasy adventure. And I am only sorry I already finished the story so fast. I will need to reread it after I catch my breath.

Author Clifton pulled me in immediately with his broad brush, descriptive style. The writing is as magical as the story.

“They oozed a dark evil which made the black marble floor look radiant b
Mike
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Escape from Wheel
The story follows the plight of Alexandria - Alex to her friends - who is the Duke of Wheel’s daughter. Fleeing a frightening engagement to Lord Rodric Regret, arranged by her evil step-mother, Alex escapes Wheel with the help of a friend. Thus begins her journey.

The world-building employed by Michael Scott Clifton is top notch. Although forests of thick vegetation yielding to hills and valleys may not at first seem that significant, a closer look will find a pregnant Cyclops na
Caleb Pirtle III
I am fascinated with fantasy because it gives an author a chance to unleash his or her imagination. I particularly enjoyed exploring the depth of Michael Scott Clifton’s imagination in the second novel of his Conquest of the Veil Series: Escape from Wheel.

It continues Alexandria Duvalier’s journey from the known to the unknown, from the commonplace of a boring life into the adventure of a lifetime as she finds the love of a lifetime. Clifton’s magical writing captured my imagination as I made e
Cindy Davis
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Escape from Wheel is one of the best fantasy novels I’ve read. Usually I feel like I’ve been dumped into a world where the magic and the world feel artificial. NOT like that in Mr. Clifton’s book. He creates a real setting that leaves no question where you are. Several story lines run concurrently. The characters in each are unique, flawed and REAL. Their magic is performed as if they do it every day—no explanation needed for the reader to understand. Good work!
CJ Peterson
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so well written, you cannot help but dive into the world of Meredith! Where magic replaces technology, and creatures of myth and fantasy intertwine, life as Mona once knew it will never be the same! Taking over Lady Alexandra’s life, at first, she thought she won the lottery, until reality set in. Promised to a man she knows is evil, she runs with the help of a friend.
Once escaped from Wheel, she thought she was free, until an angry, evil man pursues her with a vengeance. With the h
Lira
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part two of the Conquest of the Veil series continues with Alex's daring escape from the city of Wheel and a loveless marriage with the evil Lord Regret. Her accomplice is the sweet soldier of the winged cavalry who gives up everything for her. The story also continues crown Prince Tal's story as he tracks the source of a powerful magic. What follows is a breathless race for safety from Lord Regret's brother and his dangerous gargoyles.
Galand Nuchols
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Escape from Wheel by Michael Clifton is a fast-paced novel with a female character blessed with a powerful magic she knows nothing about and therefore cannot control. Mad schemes in the high court force Alex and her guard to flee Wheel on flying horses. They are chased across the planet by greedy and powerful nobles and their demons and malevolent spirits. Escape from Wheel pulled me into Alex’s efforts to live a life of her choice rather than one dictated by her dying father and the Duchess of ...more
C.W. Hawes
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic Good vs Evil

This classic tale of good vs evil gets personal in a hurry. Alexandria discovers she must marry Rodric. And bad old Rodric is in league with some big time baddies.

But Alexandria has other ideas. She leaves town on a winged horse. Escaping your fate, though, is never easy.

There’s magic galore in the magical world of Meredith, both good and evil. Which means it’s a good place to get your fantasy fix.
Ruthie Jones
“Sometimes, such life and death circumstances produce a closeness, a camaraderie not experienced at any other time.”

Escape from Wheel by Michael Scott Clifton is book two in the Conquest of the Veil series, and reading the books in order is highly recommended. The action and characters in book one flow smoothly into book two, creating an ongoing story full of magic, mystery, and marvelous, action-packed excitement. Alexandria Duvalier is now firmly entrenched in her new life in Wheel as the daug
Lorilei Gonzales
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Escape from Wheel by Michael Scott Clifton is one of those rare instances where book two outshines the first. Don’t get me wrong, The Open Portal, was a beautifully written book, but it could get so grotesque at times that I needed to stop for a moment and collect myself. Not to say that the sequel is all sunshine and daisies, but Clifton strikes a perfect balance of evil and suspense with love and hope.

In the first book, I wasn’t a huge fan of the characters’ strange names, but this volume had
Latty Imperfetto  Tesoro
Escape from Wheel by Michael Scott Clifton is beyond anything I've ever read in awhile where Fantasy is concerned. I wasn't bored for a single moment, entertained throughout the entire story! From action, adventures, magic and even romance, Escape from Wheel is a very delicious and addictive read. My mind is still blowned by how much this story soothed my soul with every turn of the page! Even if you're not a fantasy lover this story is done beyond beautifully, you'll become a fan instantly. Rea ...more
Stone
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun and very imaginative book. I'm enjoying the series and look forward to the next one.
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours. Lone Star Blogger Team average rating: 4.35 stars. ...more
Linda Pirtle
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not read a fantasy/science fiction book in years, but decided to purchase Mike Clifton’s novel, Escape From Wheel. And I am so glad I did. I had forgotten how a good fantasy tale could charge a reader’s imagination. The story is set in a beautiful magic world in which good versus evil exists.
The adventure begins when young princess Alexandria Duvalier decides she will not marry the despicable Rodric and escapes her home with the young, handsome soldier of the winged cavalry who sacrifices
Gary
Oct 27, 2020
Michael Clifton
Aug 26, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Randy Foster
Michael Hurt
Oct 01, 2020
Kristine Hall
Oct 01, 2020

• 6 Feet Under Texas: Unique, Famous, & Historic Graves in the Lone Star State (Cemetery Tales)
  • Strength From Within
  • Unraveled (Carson Chance, PI #2)
  • Scrabbled Secrets (The Games We Play Book 4)
  • The Nine Deadly Dolls: A Justinia Wright Private Investigator Mystery
  • Something Worth Doing
  • Fifty-Seven Years and Fifty-Seven More
  • Bless Me Father For I Have Sinned (Winston and Strom series Book 4)
  • Low Water Crossing, Book 2 of the Sulfur Gap Series
  • Van Dyne's Zuvembies: A Pierce Mostyn Paranormal Investigation (Pierce Mostyn Paranormal Investigations Book 7)
  • Love's Enigma
  • Airborne
  • Slanted Light
  • Nacho's Nachos: The Story Behind the World's Favorite Snack
  • Nothing Short of Wondrous (American Wonders #2)
  • The Secret of You and Me
  • The Diary of Asser Levy: First Jewish Citizen of New York
  • Lost Side of an Orphan's Moon: The Boom Town Saga, Book 3
Multi Award-Winning Author Michael Scott Clifton, a public educator for over 38 years as a teacher, coach, and administrator, currently lives in Mount Pleasant, Texas with his wife, Melanie and family cat. An avid gardener, reader, and movie junkie, he enjoys all kinds of book and movie genres. His books contain aspects of all the genres he enjoys...action, adventure, magic, fantasy, and romance. ...more