Start by marking “Dangerous Hearts (Savage Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Hearts (Savage Hearts, #2)

Dangerous Hearts

(Savage Hearts #2)

Life in the village isn't as safe as Adelita thought it would be.

With a new family ready to take her in, Adelita still isn't quite sure she belongs, bringing danger ever nearer to her one safe place. Though she's beginning to fall into a rhythm with the three warriors, their protection has some serious setbacks whenever she questions the formidable Cruz.

The Kalku haven't s
Published 2020

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Hearts

Start your review of Dangerous Hearts (Savage Hearts, #2)
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Rollercoaster

This book is one he'll of a mood swing. All of the characters are crazy happy at times and then really upset. Adelita is pure sweetness until she somehow causes some massive pain to Santos and Rafi (though she was helping them unknowingly) and she starts fearing herself quite a bit. The guys get her past it, though. Then there's her friendship (is it more?) with Rafi where they're bugged up and pecking each other's lips. Then there's Cruz who can't stop getting on her bad side. Ever
Anita Hanekom
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so looking forward to this second book in the series and it blew me away. Adelita is now at the compound with the three men with a family ready to take her in and make her one of them but she is still uneasy and finds it difficult to feel completely at ease. She and Santos just grow closer and my heart broke for him because he has such a big heart and whilst he is incredibly well-trained and deadly he is also a gentle soul who is a natural caregiver and is devoted to Adelita. Cruz is the l ...more
Lene Blackthorn
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
After bringing Adelita to Caceres, everyone in the village thinks she is Cruz's bride. But the reaction is not exactly one you'd expect. Also, meeting Eva, Adelita finally seems to find a family where she can belong. Yet her ties with Santos, Rafi, and Cruz are stronger, and she goes on missions with them whether they -or she- like it or not. And the more time they spend together, the more secrets and surprises surface. However, keeping some secrets is dangerous..
The book was packed with emotio
Douglas Williamson
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Our heroine is enjoying the glimpse of belonging that the village offers, but now it is at risk and she has to decide if they are better off without her.

This is book two of the series. It works pretty well as a standalone, but I recommend reading them in order for the best experience.

This is a paranormal romance/urban fantasy with a Hispanic background. We get a lot of stories based on American or European mythology, so it is nice to see the little differences a change of culture bring about. It
Kassandra Blake
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4,5*
I am delighted to find again the author's Hispanic universe. On the other hand, mythology question, I am very little served. I stay on my hunger.

We begin this second book a little after the end of the first. It's less hectic in the first part because we are in the village but in the second we go from surprises to surprises and we are again in road trip mode.

I still have the same opinion on the characters. I still cannot appreciate Cruz even if I was able to discover his past. Between Adelita
Alison
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelita was a therapist with a big secret, now she is just on the run from the Kalku group. She has Cruz, Rafael and Santos, to help keep her safe, but she is still not sure how much she belongs, and if she is just going to bring them and their family trouble. Will Adelita's attraction to Cruz, Rafael and Santos, break their friendship? Can she trust them all to protect her like they should? I loved Adelita, she has lots of fire and a big heart, but she does not have an easy path, and sometimes ...more
Marjorie
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelita gets a very unexpected reception at the compound before she is off with her guys to hunt el culebrón. This is a paranormal urban fantasy with a seriously scary antagonist, but more than that, it is a story of the relationship developing between these three brothers of the heart and the woman thrown into their lives. It is a beautifully emotional and sometimes difficult exploration of emotional intimacy, trust and vulnerability. Cruz plays a big part in this one, the most stoic of the gro ...more
sherri jones-teachout
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So many secrets revealed. Adelita, Rafi, Cruz, and Santos have arrived in their village and Cruz’ family has accepted Adelita with open arms. But they haven’t divulged her secret strength. Once again Cruz is visited by La Sayona and she invades his dreams, hurting him, but again Adelita is able to quiet them and he gets a good nights’ sleep. What are the special powers she has and how did she get them. But when the four of them go on a mission, she does something that astonishes them, and she is ...more
Susana Duarte
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the serie is even better than the first. We already know our main characters from before, but now we get to know the trio home and refuge.
They spend a lot of time on the run, evolving their relationship while traveling by car or sleeping in hotels (yes there is an upgrade ;) ).
You will love Mary's idea to make us like Cruz a bit better. It's quite original, as is the twist in the story that I will not reveal!!!
There are so many cool things about this story that it's hard to s
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
On the Road

What can I say, pick up this serial set of books! The characters are not your average savior's of the paranormal.

Each has their own uniqueness that will either draw you in or repulse you.

Cruz is the leader of this trio but he is not known for having in softness

Santos is this large silent caregiver and healer but may be the most dangerous member

Rafi is a shifter that is unable to shift into his beast. He also bring the comedic relief to this group to keep the balance.

Now talking about
Crystal
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book one blew me away with originality, depth of character, and world building. Book Two keeps that going. The plot continues to twist and turn and characters are trying to form bonds but there is so much fear. As for romance....it's there but it is a slow, sizzling burn. Is or will this be a reverse Harem? Who ends up with whom as the plot continues to slither, twist, and turn. I need to know what happens next. The only reason it got 4.5 stars is because there were quite a few typos and grammat ...more
Deb
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book was a wonderful continuation of this series. The connection between the characters is still in flux. Her connection between them has grown but she is still in danger. There seems to be more going on within the village than even the fighters know or maybe I’m just reading between the lines. She has become even more intriguing as this story played out. Suspense, intrigue and drama surrounded them throughout the story. The heartbreaking realization at the end set up the next story ...more
Kristine L.
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book two picks up right after book 1. The plot continues to deepen with more twists and turns as the four characters, Crew, Rafael, Santos and Adelita are trying to bond. There is so much fear and uncertainty and the romance is there but is slow, sizzling burn. There is additional information that the guys learn about Adelita but they are not sure if they should share it or hide it from her. I can't wait to see where the story goes with the next book. I received an ARC copy of this book via Book ...more
Mary Brannian
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I think it takes a lot of strength to be silk in a sea of armor.” - Adelita

Adelita finds herself in a quandary; she doesn't belong her, with Santos, Cruz and Rafael... But she finds herself drawn to these warriors, these burly, prickly men... Who surprise her with their gentleness... Adelita slowly realized these men, these hard, Alpha males, would give their lives for hers... But Adelita won't, CAN'T allow the ultimate sacrifice...

Another amazing story by the incomparable Mary E. Twomey! Actio
Wanda Jewell
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most original stories that I have read in a while. I love the characters. Rafi and Santos are wonderful. Cruz is a misunderstood ass, but he will grow on you. Adelita is discovering she has more powers than she thought and has become an apprentice to Cruz. I loved this book and would highly recommend it.

Marilyn Smith
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful story as we continue with Adelita and her men. They are learning to bond together as each of then are so different but want the same thing. She is trying to fit in together with everyone but knows that it’s dangerous if she stays with them. But the men find out more about her but will they tell her? Can’t wait for the next book!

Jeanne Richardson
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read several books written by Mary E. Twomey; she has done a great job at writing a good book; she is becoming one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

I loved the characters.

Diane
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We are learning about Adelita, who she is and what she can do. She changes Rafael, Santos and Cruz. Could not put this book down, we learn who her father is and she freaks out. I recommend this series. Cannot wait for the next book.

Trina
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great second book in this series, bit of a cliffhanger ending so looking forward to next book. A different world that keeps evolving. A bit slow at times, but a lot of things about Addy reviled in this book. Love the relationships between the 4 of them.

Janice Drake
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a hard time getting into this book. I liked the men and understood their problems, but I just don't connect with Adelita. The book did not really resolve things, but that is the problem with a middle book. I am sure things will make more sense in the last book.

Susan
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Three Warriors, Santo, Cruz and Rafi turn up to protect Adelita from the Kalku who are trying to steal her strength and turn her to a slave, she needs to trust her warriors.... looking forward to the next in the series

Shelby White
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great follow up. Love the depth, intensity, chemistry and dimension of the characters, as well as the fresh and vibrant uniqueness of the story. Plenty of roller coaster ups and downs and say what moments that keep you throughly entrenched and wondering what will come next. Ready for the next book.

Tanya
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She may just have to leave to save the ones she loves and the village to keep them safe. Others want her powers and will hurt anyone in their path to get to her. Will she have to leave? Will they allow her to leave? Follow her and see how she gets on

Scarolet Ellis
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Hearts by Mary E. Twomey is an awesome story that I have read. This is book number two in this awesome series that I have loved reading and I can not wait to read the rest of this awesome series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romance.

Debbie Eyre
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book and I have to say I loved this second book just as much! It’s fast paced and full of twists and turns to have you on the edge of your seat. There’s choices to be made, there’s romance that burning slow and hot, there’s danger and so much more that makes me eager for book three!
Natacia Louvier
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Adelita arrives with her triage to their home, but she still questions if she should be there or not. Many things coming up with provide even more complications and questions for Adelita as her care for the guys grow, even with things getting super frustrating at times.

Great characters that pull you in. This is book two of a series, I highly recommend reading book one first.
Kira Assad
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous Hearts is a great continuation of the Savage Hearts series! Adelita is still figuring things out, but danger is around every corner. She is getting to know her warriors better, some more than others, and I loved seeing these relationships grow. There is still a lot to discover in this series, and I am excited to continue this adventure in book 3!
Jaime Margaria
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!! It is amazing and I love the characters so much! I love the storyline, it is so unique and has some major twists! It's overall a great book!!

Stephanie
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series. I feel like the characters are well developed and I feel what the characters are going thru. It’s a great author that can elicit that depth of emotion.

Kathryn
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Picking up right where book 1 left off, it was easy to get right back into Adelita's story. I enjoyed the connection between the characters and the emotions the story gave. The storyline is entertaining with amazing development. ...more

• Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1)
  • Her Villains (The Shattered Isle, #1)
  • Bad Panther (Alien Guardians of Earth, #1)
  • Wolf (Soulless Bastards MC Maryland Chapter, #3)
  • The Seeker's Shadow (Shadows of Wonderland, #1)
  • Hunter (Passion and Crime, #1)
  • Stealing Embers (Fallen Legacies, #1)
  • Hive Magic  (Empire of War and Wings #2)
  • FREEFORCE: A Planetary Adventure (Darkon Rising 1)
  • Hunted (Shadow Reapers, #1)
  • Bearly Familiar
  • A Bend In the River
  • Destined in Forbidden (Alphas & Alchemy: Fierce Mates, #7)
  • A Chance for Arus (Tallean Mercenaries #2)
  • Kiss a Highlander (A Highlander Across Time, #2)
  • Grit and Bear It (Heart of Stone, #2)
  • Tempted by Fire (Dragons of Bloodfire, #1)
  • The Alpha Heist (Stealing the Alpha, #1)
Mary E. Twomey is a USA Today Bestselling Author who lives in Michigan with her husband and three adorable children. She enjoys reading, writing, vegetarian cooking and telling her children fantastic stories about wombats.

She also writes romance under the name Tuesday Embers.

Visit her online at www.maryetwomey.com.

Savage Hearts (5 books)
  • Savage Hearts (Savage Hearts, #1)
  • Twisted Hearts (Savage Hearts, #3)
  • Damaged Hearts (Savage Hearts, #4)
  • Wicked Hearts (Savage Hearts, #5)