Start by marking “Lonely Eyes, (Aspen Gold the Series, #12” as Want to Read:
Lonely Eyes, (Aspen Gold the Series, #12

Lonely Eyes, (Aspen Gold the Series, #12

(Aspen Gold #12)

There is an art to pursuit.

Keira is running out of time. The handsome stranger with a dragon tattoo says he can keep her safe, but he doesn’t know the demons on her trail… Will her mysterious past lead her to escape, or drag her back to living hell?

Owen Strong has suffered tragedy, but he’s made a new family in Spencer, Colorado—one he will protect at all costs. When he fi
Published September 2020 by Aspen Gold books

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Eyes, (Aspen Gold the Series, #12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Eyes, (Aspen Gold the Series, #12

Start your review of Lonely Eyes, (Aspen Gold the Series, #12
Bernadette Jones
Sep 24, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Readers/reviewers: 20 review copies available on Booksprout. #RomanticSuspense #aspengoldseries #amreading

TEASER:

Owen spoke in the darkness. “My word, my promises, mean everything to me. But you don’t know that. Yet. But I’m telling you so you understand. I can protect you.”

He cleared the lump in his throat. “While I was at war, my sister was abducted and murdered. I would never hurt an innocent person.”

“What about a person who wasn’t innocent?” Keira whi
Susan Shearer
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bernadette Jones brings us to intrigue in Lonely Eyes and shows us that opposites can be attracted to each other.
For Owen loneliness is a way of life until he picks up a stranger on a deserted road in a pouring rainstorm. Kiera is running for her life and has a plan to save her grandmother. But when Owen and Kiera met…fireworks happen! Owen isn’t sure he trusts Kiera, but since he was the one that picked her up and she’s a ‘little bit’ of a thing he wants to protect her. Running from her past wh
Monica O'Hara
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story filled with suspense, romance, and characters that you want to meet and root for ! Bernadette Jones creates a world that you want to learn more about. Each character comes with a unique story that you relate and feel for. This was my first time reading the Aspen Gold series, and I am interested to read the other books, especially Bernadette Jone's contributions ! Well done.

Cassandra (Fallen Star Book Reviews)
This was my first by the author but was a romantic suspense it keep you on edge wondering what was going to happen. The story begins with Owen picking up what he assumes is a young boy on the side of the rode walking in the pouring rain and it’s freezing outside. Owen can’t just ignore someone in need of help he can provide.
If you like romantic suspense and plenty of steam then this is the book for you! Bernadette Jones does a wonderful job of creating a story that ebbs and flows giving us a w
Robyn
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lonely Eyes brings us all the elements I love in a great book. Exciting action, great romance, and a cast of characters that feel like friends. Keira is on the run, but nobody is sure of what she is running from. She's a little bit of a thing and she brings out a fierce protectiveness as well as a healthy dose of distrust from Owen. Since Owen picked her up hitchhiking, he feels responsible to look out for her and make sure she is not going to bring harm to his family that he has built in Aspen, ...more
Cheryl
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Keira's protective instincts drive her actions in this tale about families of all kinds. Her growth throughout her ordeal shows integrity and an admirable ability to overcome the past. I appreciated the originality of the plot and how the author had a fresh take with an unusual crime. Ms. Jones pens a fast-paced story with characters we care about and root for. Don't miss this one.
Debra Hines
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was caught up in this engrossing tale of suspense set in the fictional town of Spencer, Colorado. Owen and Keira are two lonely, vulnerable people fated to meet and drawn to each other. Owen cherishes his new-found family and attempts to reconcile his tragic past. Keira comes to town looking for the Vietnam veteran who is the missing link to her beloved grandmother's former life.

Mindy McKinley
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you like your romance with a lot of suspense and a hefty dose of steam, then Lonely Eyes—or really anything by Bernadette Jones—is for you. Jones hits the sweet spot with Lonely Eyes—Owen Strong is a swoon-worthy hero with a dark past that will protect his found family no matter the cost. When artist Keira Hoa stumbles into his life with her own monsters on her tail, Owen desperately wants to slay them. But how can he trust a woman who won’t give him answers? And how can he decide if her mons ...more
Laura Jackson
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Author Bernadette Jones.. it was interesting and intriguing.. it was well written and flowed well .. full of suspense and chemistry .. even though I don’t love third person I really enjoyed this book ..

This book kept me on the edge of my seat.. waiting to see if she was going to tell Owen everything and what would he do when she finally does .. I was also waiting for the monster or monsters chasing her to catch up to her and what would happen then ..

This
Jeanne Richardson
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Bernadette Jones; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

S Duquette
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bernadette Jones is a cinematic writer, and "Lonely Eyes" is ready for film. Every scene unlocks something new for the reader, and keeps the plot driving forward: mysterious hitchhiker, cryptic clues, hottie-hot couple, an iconic grapefruit scene, sexy moments in the shower, super-villain suspense, action hero ending. And with all of that delicious romance, she effortlessly weaves in a true-to-life story of a family disassembled in the turbulence of war. Bernadette Jones explores how love can cr ...more
Donna Kaye
marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2020
Deb
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The author crafted a story that was captivating and suspenseful. The mystery surrounding her character was intriguing and kept the story moving at a fast clip. I loved the familial feel of the cast of characters.

I requested a copy of this book so I could provide an honest review.
Ashley
Oct 16, 2020
Pat Barfay
is currently reading it
Oct 19, 2020

• Close to the Heart (Aspen Gold Book 9)
  • Whisper My Name (Aspen Gold: The Series Book 13)
  • Fortunate Cookie: Aspen Gold: The Series: Book 11
  • Finding Hope: Aspen Gold: The Series Book 10 (Aspen Gold Series)
  • Little Lies
  • Who's the Boss?
  • But I Need You
  • We Bleed Orange & Black - 31 Fun-sized Tales for Halloween
  • Torn Apart (Torn and Bound Duet, #1)
  • Simply Irresistible
  • Simply irresistible
  • The Gritty Truth (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7)
  • Welcome to the Goddamn Ice Cube: Chasing Fear and Finding Home in the Great White North
  • A Proper Heart (Hardships of the Heart Book 1)
  • A Proper Home (Hardships of the Heart Book 2)
  • Beastly Book of Spells (Once Upon a Witch 2)
  • Love Me Always: Top Shelf Romance #8
  • Dragonsong (Harper Hall, #1)
Romantic Suspense Writer,
Never Give Up-er, First Wives Club-er,
Lifelong Dream Achiever & Mom

Bernadette Jones has been making up stories since she learned to read on her daddy’s lap. She has imagined casts of characters everywhere she's called home: Texas, Oregon, Washington, South Dakota, Nebraska, Illinois, Massachusetts, and now New York.

Books and music filled her life as she, her dad and two

Aspen Gold (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Dancing in the Dark
  • Call Me Mandy: Aspen Gold: The Series Book 2
  • Ryder's Heart: Aspen Gold Series: Book 3
  • For Keeps (Aspen Gold #4)
  • Second Chances: Aspen Gold: The Series Book 5
  • Sleepin' Alone: Aspen Gold: The Series Book 6
  • Stay A Little Longer: Aspen Gold: The Series Book 7
  • Speechless (Aspen Gold Series  8)
  • Close to the Heart (Aspen Gold Book 9)
  • Finding Hope: Aspen Gold: The Series Book 10 (Aspen Gold Series)

News & Interviews