Start by marking “Off Beat (Forgotten Flounders, #1)” as Want to Read:
Off Beat (Forgotten Flounders, #1)

Off Beat

(Forgotten Flounders #1)

It’s been nine years since Calum Jacobs, the frontman of The Forgotten Flounders, has returned to his sleepy east coast hometown.

His decision to bail on his post-graduation plans to tour the world with his punk-rock band infuriated his father.

He’s also been too afraid to face Harper Morrison; the girl he left behind. They had plans to go to college together, but the momen
Kindle Edition
Published December 15th 2020 by J.C. Hannigan

To ask other readers questions about Off Beat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Beat

Start your review of Off Beat (Forgotten Flounders, #1)
Karen
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first time reading this author's work. It was delightful. I loved the characters. The plausible excuse for ten (?) years absence was acceptable. Each character seemed to have a dimension. I loved that.

I liked the way the book had HEA but left you wanting more.... however, like life, there is more to life. Books try to make endings end but the real life goes on.
Lyndsay McCreery
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a fan of J.C. like I am, then you know just how talented she is when it comes to story-telling. Well, I honestly think that this is her best work yet. I have loved her books for years, but there’s something special about Off Beat.

Her story-telling is fantastic, you feel the characters you know? You can feel every emotion they feel, the hurt, the anger, the hesitant between them both... but you always feel the instant love of father and son. And that? Is a testament to just how far J.C
Anneka
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

Thank you, J.C. Hannigan for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I fell in love with the characters. I literally laughed and cried! (The crying may have been more related to a stressful day and wine intake but I was so sad for a strained relationship I can’t be sure!)

I want to know more about about what happens from here and how things will progress for supporting characters. I can’t wait until the second book in the Forgotten Flounders series!!
Amanda Krzywonos
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Calum and Harpers story. This review is spoiler free.
The supporting characters each contributed to the story perfectly!
I loved that the story is set in Canada, and cannot wait for the other novels for this series.
Thank you J.C Hannigan for another great story!
J.C. Hannigan
Nov 22, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
OFF BEAT's pre-order is now live!

Plus...December 1st is COVER REVEAL day!
Elizabeth
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it

Off Beat is the first read in a new series by J C Hannigan, an author I've enjoyed in the past.
I was glad to meet Calum, Harper, Asher, and the cast of character surrounding them.

Off Beat is a bit of a different read in that it doesn't follow the traditional story arc. Ms Hannigan has us jump into the story at the beginning of the conflict - When Calum returns to his hometown after being away for 9 years. She does an excellent job of using flashbacks to build the history needed to ha
Comfy Couch Book Reviews
So excited to discover another Canadian author that writes rock star romances and read Off Beat. It was so amazing that the story starts with Calum is on stage with his band at the Commodore in Vancouver, a place of many fond rock memories for me. It then switches to a small town on the East Coast where everyone knows everyone.

Calum left Harper behind nine years ago to chase his dream of becoming a rock star. Once he has achieved it all, he finds that something is missing in his life. He has alw
Tina
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I won an early copy of this book & finished it in 2 days. It was a great, “cheer me up” story. Pretty predictable but great, nonetheless. There were a few surprises along the way though, so it wasn’t boring. I’ve read all of J.C.s books, and while this wasn’t her best, it was still a great read.
Suzzy
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story

This is such a sweet love story. I am so happy for these characters. And definitely looking forward to the other characters in this series
Melissa
Dec 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet second chance romance. Calum returns home after his grandfather's death to make peace his ghosts of his past. Thank you for the opportunity to read this ARC. ...more
Debra
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Fun Read

I really liked this story. A boy and a girl fall in love, life happens and their paths separate. Later in life, a man and a woman reconnect and rediscover each other.
Michelle Heron
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
I loved Off Beat and all the special touches and background information about the characters. The setting of the book was warm - regardless of Calum and his father's relationship.

Harper's bookstore sounds like a wonderful place and the scene where the 'popular girls' come in just to get a glimpse of the rockstar and Harper hands them a rockstar themed book had me laughing out loud.

This story was original, heartfelt, realistic and full of love. I was so caught up in the story I literally burnt t
Night reader
-Hey, I left without a word in the middle of the night 9 years ago. I want you back
-ok. And you have a son.

What a joke of a book.
Tina
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good

Another JC Hannigan book i couldn't put down until i finished it!! I loved the twists and cannot wait for the rest of the series.
Melissa
Rose
rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2020
Angie
rated it did not like it
Dec 17, 2020
Jess Martin
Nov 28, 2020
Adri
Jan 14, 2021

• Heart Stopper (Rebels of Rushmore, #1)
  • Campus Player
  • Lilac
  • Lovely Madness (Players #4)
  • Damien, Forever
  • The Christmas Blanket
  • Muses & Melodies (Hush Note, #3)
  • Little Lies
  • In Skates Trouble (Chicago Rebels, #0.5)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
  • Demon King (Claimed By Lucifer, #1)
  • Timid (Lark Cove, #2)
  • It's Complicated
  • Forget Me Not
  • Change My Game (North Haven University #2)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1)
  • Three Simple Rules (Blindfold Club, #1)
J.C. Hannigan lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband, their two sons, and their dog. She writes contemporary romance, through which she brings to light awareness of mental health and social challenges.

Like any good Canadian, she loves hiking and carbs.

News & Interviews