Start by marking “Street of Dreams (The Road to Rocktoberfest, #4)” as Want to Read:
Street of Dreams (The Road to Rocktoberfest, #4)

Street of Dreams

(The Road To Rocktoberfest #4)

One street touched a thousand lives and sent two boys in opposite directions.

For Reid Mackenzie, Street of Dreams offers hope for a better life and a chance to share his music with the world. For Jake King, it reinforces his life of crime and the ties to a city that empowers him.

They were two boys, growing up side by side in the same neighborhood, but their lives couldn’t
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published October 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Street of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Street of Dreams

Start your review of Street of Dreams (The Road to Rocktoberfest, #4)
Madhu MaBookYard -
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
[🌟🌟🌟🌟.5]
This book follows two characters : Reid and Jake with drastic difference, contrasting yet complimenting personalities, scorching chemistry and a tad bit of violence and love for kilts and scottish red hair. It's the Journey of how not how they get together, but what they do to stay together. Enemies to lovers with a bit of second chance thrown in? I was all for it.
First, I loved the banter/ hate love/ torment that the characters had going on. Omg it was crazy chemistry and I loved eve
Amy Dufera
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Street of Dreams is an amazing enemies to lovers romance by Jenna Galicki. The fourth book in the multi-author The Road to Rocktoberfest series, it's easily read as a standalone.

The majority of their story is long before Mac's music career takes off. Instead, we get an intense tale of want, need, and fear. It definitely took me a while to get invested in this one, but once I did, wow, I couldn't put it down.

The enemies to lovers aspect is well done, as Jake and Mac have been fighting since chil
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fourth book in the series, but could be read as a standalone. Although it does get us to the Rocktoberfest eventually, a lot of the story happens many years earlier.

Reid plays his songs on the Street of Dreams - and has to pay protection money to Jake and his twin brothers. Which I have to say is a very unusual meet-cute indeed! But as we get to understand Jake better - Reid is a deliciously open and genuine
Faye K
❤🔥 5+ stars. A first read for the author with this book.
Wow a bully with lots of fire but with having a secret thing in the closet.
Holly smokes 🔥🔥 theres hot hot play fighting.. Jake's home life wasnt a good one with his father esp with the 3 brothers learning bad habits. I couldn't help feel for Jack and wondered how this book would end. He wants out of the neighbourhood but not without his brothers. This feels like a rollercoaster after reading this one, yah I'm not telling what happens but i
Sarah Sargent
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mac and Jake will keep your attention the entire book. Jenna seems to give us strong main characters and that is no exception in Street of Dreams. A high angst roller coaster that you will not want to put down. From the beginning you know that Jake isn’t good enough for Mac. Mac is doing everything that he can to get away from the one place he has always called home. Once he does make it can he stay away or will the one person who holds his heart drag him back? This is one that will be read more ...more
Lyndsay TC
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down! Mac and Jake captured my attention from the beginning and didn't let me go until the very end. This angsty book gave me all the feels and the happily ever after was perfect!
T.L. Travis
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put it down!

I literally binge read it. Street of dreams is beyond fantastic and packed full of so much love and emotion you’ll find yourself holding your breath without meaning to.
Christina Sorrell
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be able to read an ARC of this book. I hadn't read anything by this author before and I was not disappointed. The characters drew me in and kept me invested in their story. Props to the cover artist, as well. It definitely got my attention.
Anne Barwell
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
I love how, not only the stories, but the tone of each story is different within this shared world. Street of Dreams is dark and gritty in places, yet Mac’s love of music, and his and Jake’s love for each other shine through. This is very much a powerful story about family, as well as love.

I thought this story felt very realistic, especially with how Jake was stuck in a horrible situation with his father as he couldn’t leave his brothers. It says a lot about his strength of character with how h
Amy Stauffer
Growing up on the south side of Chicago was about the only thing Mac and Jake had in common. One wanted out, one wanted to continue to run the streets. They were like oil and water, or were they?

Jake was tough, mean, and heartless...except he was more than that. Mac was allowed to see glimpses but knew he would be the only one. Jake doesn’t have an easy home life. Jake was tough because he had to be. He was a complex character, and I really felt for him and his brothers. He was a harder nut to c
AshPenny37
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favourite in the series so far...

The fourth in the Road To Rocktoberfest series, Street Of Dreams is Reid Mackenzie (Mac) and Jake King's story. It's an enemies to lovers tale set in Chicago's shady South Side. It's a change of pace from the other books I've read in the series, as the focus is very much on the men's developing relationship whilst Mac is trying to make a name for himself in Chicago, rather than the big rock star production that happens in other stories. Actually, his appearanc
WycEd Reader

Check out our full post for STREET OF DREAMS on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆

Reid plays his songs on the Street of Dreams and has to pay protection money to Jake and his twin brothers. Which I have to say is a very unusual meet-cute indeed! But as we get to understand Jake better – Re
Amanda D
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bad boy bully falls in love with his prey

Well I have mixed emotions about this book or maybe my expectations were different than they should have been. I was under the impression that these books in the Road to Rocktoberfest series were to revolve around the event or the road that led up to the main character playing at the event. I thought that was the connection between the novels. But that wasn’t the case for this book.

This book was amazing please don’t take my comments as criticism. I loved
Cee Brown
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`It seemed like a lifetime ago. His world had changed so much since then.★*´¨✫*

I couldn't stop writing so here is the truncated version of my saved review.

Omg I feel so twisted inside. I never wanted the ride to end. Rocker Reed McKenzie only wanted to be a Rockstar, but he knew it would be hard living in Chicago's South Side. Music was his life and he knew if anything was going to happen, then he needed to go where the scene was. And it certainly wasn't anywhere
Ida Umphers
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely not your typical rocker romance where the successful musician finds the man of his dreams out of nowhere. Here, our two characters have known each other forever and Jake has been the farthest thing from Mac's dreams. I wondered how such an abusive character was ever going to deserve Mac's forgiveness, much less his love. Then, we meet Jake's father and learn about his life and so many things become clear. Watching how the author arranges is so Jake can be himself and he a ...more
Kendra T
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It took me a little to get into it because I couldn't quite understand what it was that had Mac lusting after Jake with how horrible he treated him. Once I really got to know Jake, though, I loved him. He had a hard life, but he was trying to do the best he could to take care of his brothers and keep out of his father's way. Jake totally owned my heart by the end of the book. I didn't love some of the stuff that happened during the "conflict" portion of the book, but overall ...more
Stephanie W
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reid MacKenzie grew up in a neighborhood of South Side Chicago. From Scottish family, he dreams of one day sharing his music with the world. Jake King grew up impoverished. Living with his father who is a gangster and has a bad reputation, he knows he may never leave his abysmal life.

Jake and Reid have a relationship in secret. Complete comfort as they've known one another since they were young boys. After they are discovered, things go wrong. Can love among them prevail despite differences and
AL
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story of a rockstar unlike any I have read! I loved how multi - dimensional each personality was in this story, MCs and supporting characters both! Jenna Galicki managed to very genuinely portray reality of living in a rough neighbourhood, infusing it with amazing emotions!
The relationship between Jake and Mac was boiling hot, but it's development on the pages left me with a mouth hanging open. I loved the progression of feelings, but also the unpredictability of the story!
All in all a great r
Dara Nelson
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful story! Two boys growing up in the same neighborhood become two totally different adults due to how they were raised, family life, etc. One coming from a family of bullies - he too becomes the bully but he hides a secret inside. the other grows up strong and kind and creative but with a tough shell surrounding him for protection. That tough shell becomes everything needed to protect them when these two crash together and their love becomes something too powerful for either of the ...more
Sheryl
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reid and Jake were in school together but Jake bullied Reid to no end for years. Jake is still a bully to Reid but there are hints of flirting between the 2. can these 2 find a common ground while 1 tries to become a rock star and the other tries to keep his brothers alive.

this is a bully to friend to lovers story that tugs at your heart from start to finish and is book 4 in the multi author book series Road to Rocktoberfest.
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Street of Dreams by Jenna Galicki is the fourth book in the Road to Rocktoberfest series. This has been one of my favorites in the series so far.... the streamy gangster and the aspiring hot rockstar... forbidden and secret love... danger, suspense, drama, angst and heat.... oh and the sexy musician in a kilt.  It was a thrilling and exciting read that mixed rockstar and gangster themes into one fantastic experience. I loved it!
Janet Hunt
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love a man in a kilt, especially a Rockstar!! This story centered around Jake, a “not so wannabe” gangster and Mac and aspiring Rockstar. This was so hot and steamy!! There is drama, suspense, and danger in the storyline. I loved everything about this story! I could NOT put it down. I am voluntarily leaving a review form an advanced copy that I was gifted. My reviews are solely based on my thoughts and opinions.
Diane
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for my honest review. This story is different from the others but it is still a great read. This book finds Mac who is a musician and wants out of Southside Chicago and Jake who is the son of a gangster who deals in guns and doesn’t want to do that. Jake and Mac’s relationship is a dangerous one especially if Jake’s dad finds out but Jake is finally able to be himself around Mac. I highly recommend this series.
Lisa Klein
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an enemies to lovers book by a new to me author. It's an opposites attract and forbidden love story as well. I liked the push and pull and the love both MCs had for each other. I do wish there was a little more Rocktoberfest in the book though.

I received an advanced copy and voluntarily gave my honest review.
Angel
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm
This was an interesting story... and very different than I expected, since the Rocktoberfest festival was barely mentioned. It took a long while to see and understand the strong connection between Mac and Jake. Even now, I'm only about 80% sure they should be together. Not my favorite in the series, but worth a read.
Tenise
Nov 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Street of Dreams is an enemies to lovers, opposites attract, first loves story with a whole lot of angst.

This is book 4 of 7 in The Road to Rocktoberfest series. 7 MM romance books by 7 different authors. Its been fun meeting all the different bands.
Stephanie
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mac and Jake's story has me right in the feels. I really like this enemies to lovers opposites attract story. I was just rooting for these two to get together. I couldn't put this book down. This is a great addition to this multi author series.
Dennis
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Street of Dreams

Sometimes dreams come true and sometimes those dreams are bigger than you could have imagined. This story of rock star dreams is well written and the characters are great to root for.
Sherry
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Jenna's characters. They are always in-depth and so real. This book proves why her other series are so well-loved by fans. The story has ups, downs, twists, and things you didn't see coming. A real page-turner.
Woodatsi
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-music
This was a new author for me and I was pleasantly surprised. I'll sure be reading more books.

• Midnight Ash
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Born Daddy (Command & Care, #2)
  • Cowboys Don't Come Out (Cowboys Don't, #1)
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
  • Saxon's Savior (Protect and Serve, #3)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • First (99 Daddies, #1)
  • Fool of Main Beach (Love in Laguna, #5)
  • Collaring Chaz (Dante's Infernal #2)
  • Outlaw (Wolves of Royal Paynes, #4)
  • Companion Required
  • Flirting with Fire (Shore Thing, #3)
  • Hair and Heart
  • Hard Ink (Get Ink'd #4)
  • Unwritten (Unscripted, #3)
  • Derek's Destiny (Maiden Voyage #2)
  • Tease Me (Rebel Mechanics #1)
Jenna Galicki, Author of Adult Contemporary Romance

Jenna Galicki writes in multiple genres including m/m/f, m/f, and m/m. She is predominantly known for her Radical Rock Stars Series. The Prince of Punk Rock (Radical Rock Stars Book 1) was a finalist in the 2015 Bisexual Book Awards.

Jenna is a strong advocate for LGBT rights and marriage equality. A native New Yorker, she now resides in Southern C

The Road To Rocktoberfest (7 books)
  • Strung Tight (The Road To Rocktoberfest, #1)
  • Tattered Angel (The Road to Rocktoberfest, #2)
  • Wild Card (The Road To Rocktoberfest, #3)
  • Rhone's Rebel (The Road to Rocktoberfest #5; Embrace the Fear #1)
  • Bad Blood (The Road to Rocktoberfest, #6)
  • VIP Access (The Road to Rocktoberfest, #7)

News & Interviews