Start by marking “The Last Graduate (The Scholomance, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Last Graduate (The Scholomance, #2)

The Last Graduate

(The Scholomance #2)

A budding dark sorceress determined not to use her formidable powers uncovers yet more secrets about the workings of her world in the stunning sequel to A Deadly Education, the start of Naomi Novik’s groundbreaking crossover series.

At the Scholomance, El, Orion, and the other students are faced with their final year—and the looming specter of graduation, a deadly ritual t
Expected publication: June 29th 2021 by Del Rey Books

To ask other readers questions about The Last Graduate, please sign up.
Shima I believe it's a trilogy.
I believe it's a trilogy.
Naomi Novik mentioned in an interview that she thought it was going to be two books. But when she wrote drafts of them she realised this book needed to be written to bridge the two, so it turned into a trilogy. The good thing is, it means we're getting the books closer to each other than we normally would because she'd so far ahead on their writing. (less)
Teresa Schmidt "Crossover appeal" usually means the book was written for children or young adults (YA) but is also appealing to adults. …more"Crossover appeal" usually means the book was written for children or young adults (YA) but is also appealing to adults. (less)

Start your review of The Last Graduate (The Scholomance, #2)
Shima
Oct 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: upcoming
Reading the first book in a series the day it comes out might be all fun and good until
you realise that means you have
exactly the maximum possible waiting time before the sequel.

I regret nothing
I think

There isn't even a publishing date yet.

Update:
We have a page-count! (Too short, anything would be too short...)
We have a synopsis! (Too vague, What will that message mean for El and Orion?)
We have a publishing date (Much too far away, but hey, a girl's gotta have something to live for.)
Mary S. R.
I’m here for Megara El, my badass queen of sarcasm.

⇓ Companions ⇓

Helena of Eretz ✰
WE NOW HAVE A TITLE!!! 😍 YESSSSSS!!! 👏🏻
Sofia
Nov 08, 2020 marked it as series-to-finish
Alas, I am far too familiar with the agonizing pain of waiting for a sequel that has yet to be released
Nastassja
Oct 08, 2020 marked it as to-read

I need to know the meaning of THAT message! I can't be hanging in there for almost one year *sobs*

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Dec 5, 2020. Yes! I want this one right now. (A bit sad I read the 1st one without waiting for the whole series being out there ready for me :) )
I expect it to be 5-star worthy. The rating is subject to changing on the basis of m getting my hands on the actual book whenever it gets published.
sahar
Oct 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Naomi, count your fucking days for that ending. 😭
Kenzie The Dragon Queen
November 4th 2020

We already have a cover!

I'm a little surprised it's green. I expected all the covers to be black, but with different designs and that's all. I think I like the idea of all the books being different colors though. Since all the books have more minimalistic designs, I believe it will help each installment stand out on its own. I do still kind of like the idea of each book being black and having an elegant united appearance though. The green doesn't make a lot of sense with the ton
NAT.orious reads ☾
Jan 06, 2021 marked it as to-read
El wields sarcasm better than Gandalf the White wields his cane, so forgive me if I'm ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC ABOUT THIS SEQUEL.

Illumicrate better do a special for this one as well, the first book is pretty but lonelyyyy.
Victoria ♡
Dec 21, 2020 marked it as t-b-r
OOOO THE TITLE AND COVER ARE SO PRETTY!! IM EXCITED
Krissa Boman
Oct 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dying-to-read
So if we wanna drop this NOW instead of in July of 2021...
Shaylan
Oct 25, 2020 marked it as to-read
I loved A Deadly Education and I need this!! Can't wait for it come out! ...more
Shayla
Dec 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
12/30/2020: HOLY CRAP BOOK 2 OUT LESS THAN A YEAR AFTER BOOK 1? MY LONGEST YEAH BOY EVER ;_; NAOMI NOVIK BLESS YOUR SOUL, I WOULD DIE FOR YOU!!!
anud-be
Dec 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
Maja
Dec 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
I was killed with the last sentence.
How could you leave us like this!
We need to know what does it means!
Urwa
Oct 18, 2020 marked it as to-read
wait what does it mean "crossover series"????!!! one good thing that came out of reading book 1 as soon as possible is that I won't have to wait an entire year for book 2 as the pub date is in July *cries in happiness*

Update
we have a cover! it looks so delightfully Slytherin. Perfect for El
Sylvie Helen
I would be perfectly happy to wait for the sequel if it weren't for the last single line of the first book 😭 ...more
Janie G
Nov 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Something to look forward to in 2021!
angie
Nov 06, 2020 marked it as come-sooner-please
COVER COVER COVER COVER!!
Emily
Feb 18, 2021 marked it as to-read
Is it June yet??? I NEED THIS. 😩
curtis :)
Feb 08, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i need this right now omg
Suzanne
Dec 31, 2020
Rose Marie
Jan 26, 2021
Meerkatmarcato
rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2020
Mrs C Bowler
Dec 31, 2020
Amrita Kenue
Mar 04, 2021
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bet Me
  • The Name of All Things (A Chorus of Dragons, #2)
  • Hunted
  • Hench
  • Claiming the Heart of a Duke (His Majesty's Hounds #1)
  • My Fair Gentleman
  • Lightbringer (Empirium, #3)
  • A Foreign Crown (Royal Regency, #1)
  • Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
  • Unmasking the Duke (Rogue Hearts, #5)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Shōgun
  • Faking It (Dempseys, #2)
  • The Raven Tower
  • Prince of Fools (The Red Queen's War, #1)
  • The Confession
  • The Sandman (Sandman Audible Original, #1)
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
An avid reader of fantasy literature since age six, when she first made her way through The Lord of the Rings, Naomi Novik is also a history buff with a particular interest in the Napoleonic era and a fondness for the work of Patrick O’Brian and Jane Austen. She studied English literature at Brown University, and did graduate work in computer science at Columbia University before leaving to partic ...more

The Scholomance (3 books)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • Untitled (The Scholomance, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Get ready for some out-of-this-world reading and some insane near-realities with the science fiction and fantasy books that are catching the...