Start by marking “One Kiss Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
One Kiss Before Christmas

One Kiss Before Christmas

Could it be the start of her happy ever after?

Ashleigh could use a little Christmas magic. She's still living in Brighton with her Nan - who could give the Grinch lessons in how to be miserable - her acting career has been reduced to playing one of Santa's elves, and not even the prospect of a friend's winter wedding can cheer her up...

That is until Olivier, the gorgeous F
Kindle Edition
Published November 2nd 2020 by Orion Dash

To ask other readers questions about One Kiss Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Kiss Before Christmas

Start your review of One Kiss Before Christmas
Irena BookDustMagic
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3,5

I will start this review with saying what I liked, and then follow with what I think that could have been better.

The main strong point of this story is the festive atmosphere that is present through the whole book.
Traditions, fairy lights, chocolate and food, Grinch type of character (because what Christmas book these days doesn't have one), they are all in this novel.

Also, the trope of second chance romance is done solid, with friends who were interesting characters with their
Berit☀️✨
Christmas, chocolate and charm. This book was a scrumptious heartwarming holiday treat. Ashley is feeling a little bah humbug this Christmas. Her struggling acting career has landed her a part as an elf at the local Christmas farm, she still living with her Nan who has a heart the same size as the Grinch, and all her friends seem to be coupled up. Olivier has come to England to spend Christmas with his mother a local chocolatier. He is delighted to have a break from the high pressure job as a ch ...more
Isabella May
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming and festive!

What a fabulous Christmassy romance. I absolutely loved the will-they-won't-they plot & as well as 2 endearing MCs in Ashleigh & Olivier, the author treats us to a chorusline of lovable supporting act characters. Nan was ACE! Ro & James's story kept me intrigued until the final page too & it was a lovely touch to see some familiar faces from previous books. That worked really well. The chocolatey aspect added another fascinating (and delicious) layer to the book and the
Natalie Normann
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I'm taking part in the #winterwarmerreadalong at ChicLit and Prosecco, and I was so lucky to get Emma Jacksons One Kiss Before Christmas, a beautiful Christmas story that I have enjoyed so much.
Sometimes there's too much stress going on, even good stress, and everywhere you look, there seems to be no relief from what's going on in your life. And you think 'if I could only I could have a break, something where I don't have to think about the worries or the deadlines, or whatever is causing the s
Amanda
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
If there’s one thing I like doing, it’s discovering new authors. Emma Jackson is certainly a new author for me. I read the synopsis for ‘One Kiss Before Christmas’ and it certainly sounded like the sort of read I so desperately needed. My back had flared up and every movement was agony so I needed something to distract me from the pain for a few hours. Well this book certainly did that and more. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘One Kiss Before Christmas’ but more about that in a bit.
It didn’t take
Melissa Young
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I was given an advanced reading copy of this book by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

One Kiss Before Kiss was a heartwarming read which was a classic ‘will they won’t they’ romance novel. I do not read romance novels often as I’m really not a fan of cheesy, cliche characters and plot lines. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this book.

Firstly it is set in Brighton, where I have been living for the past three years, this made One Kiss Before Christmas that lit
Caitlyn Lynch
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemp-romance
This is a feel-good romance between two characters who have both come to crossroads in their lives. Ashleigh is at a standstill between dead-end jobs, the latest one working as an elf at a Christmas village. Olivier, working as a patissier chef in his father’s restaurant, is wondering whether he wants to accept the promotion he has just been offered and indeed whether he even still wants to work in a restaurant at all.

The two have known each other for years as Olivier’s mother lives next door to
ReadingGirlReviews (Gina)
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh this book, such a delight. I am so honored to have gotten to do the cover reveal for you back in September, and now I get to tell you all about it on the official blog tour. I adore Emma Jackson, and I know you will love this one too.

This is your typical “god I need a change in my hum-drum life romance.” We have Ashleigh who lives with her Nan, acting career nonexistent, stuck working as one of Santa’s elves just for a gig, and nothing exciting to look forward to. Then there is Oliver, recent
Stephanie Dagg
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a lively, fun, uplifting festive novel that’ll get you in a lovely Christmassy mood. Just look at that super cover!

Ashleigh is a super character, down to earth and very aware that life is somewhat disappointing but still determined to make the best of things. Playing an elf is better than no job at all, and as challenging as her Nan is, she’s lucky to have family.

Olivier is equally genuine and likeable, and a bit more successful workwise, but perhaps not successful enough as far as his f
Karen Andrew
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is just a wonderful Christmas romance. I loved it.

Ash is approaching 30, lives with her Nan (who is not a fan of Christmas) and longs to be an actress. She is currently working at the Christmas Grotto as an elf. She's a fab hand with a needle and thread and has taken on the task of making her best friends wedding dress.

Olivier works in Paris in his father's restaurant and is a Patissier. He is home for Christmas and his mum is neighbours with Ash and her Nan. Olivier was recently divor
Julie
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
As festive as a mince pie and a glass of eggnog, readers are sure to fall in love with Emma Jackson’s enchanting new novel, One Kiss Before Christmas.

Poor Ashleigh could do with a Christmas miracle at the moment. Life isn’t exactly a bed of roses for her. She had once yearned to tread the boards and wow the world with her talent, but all of her hopes and acting dreams have withered with the only starring role she will be playing in the foreseeable future being one of Santa’s elves. Her living si
KT
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good festive romance needs protagonists the reader cares about, a highly visual and atmospheric location, food to make your tastebuds tingle and depth beyond the will they/won’t they scenario. This book has all these elements and more.

I connected with Ashleigh at the mention of her elf socks jingling as being an elf was always on my list of dream jobs. If I could not do it in reality, I was going to enjoy it through her, but the more I discovered about her backstory and her usual festive routi
Melissa
I participated in a cover reveal for this book a month or so ago, and was so excited to read it. I'm happy to report: Emma Jackson did not disappoint. While it was less Christmassy than the title might reflect, this book was a lovely romance set around the holidays.

From the first moment we encounter Ashleigh at the Baxters' Christmas Farm, where she's working as an elf (baggy leggings, interactive socks, and all) for the fourth year in a row, I was hooked on her story. I found her to be engaging
Jenna
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
An advance reading copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley, in return for my honest review.

Written in a dual narrative, One Kiss Before Christmas by Emma Jackson is such a sweet little love story, set in the heart of Brighton at the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas.

Recently divorced, Oliver has travelled from Paris to England to spend Christmas with his mother and decide whether to accept a promotion at his father's restaurant. On arriving back in Brighton he bum
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very sweets romance for this festive season, set to a backdrop of Brighton.

It's not the most Christmassy of books, but its a lovely romance none the less, a real will they, won't they ever get together sort of a thing!

For fans of Emma Jackson's previous books, there are some recurring characters that you will be delighted to see, but if you are new to her don't worry this definitely works as a standalone book.

This is the story of Ashleigh who is currently working as an Elf, at a fab
Pam Robertson
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a light and heart-warming read which follows Ash and Olivier's friendship after Olivier has returned to England for Christmas. There are lots of lovely festive touches as Brighton celebrates and it conjures up a time of family celebrations. Both Ash and Olivier's families have difficult histories and a degree of misunderstanding and estrangement. Olivier's family has been separated in different countries following divorce and Ash's mother has always put her own needs first. They both hav ...more
Bianca Duthie
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One Kiss Before Christmas is a feel-good, Christmas romcom that will melt even Scrooge. Ashleigh has been in love with her neighbours son since he first visited his mum 15 years ago, with miles and an ocean between them though she has never dared hope for more than his holiday friendship. Olivier has been visiting his maman in Brighton for 15years, wishing for more with the girl next door. Will these two finally get their Christmas wish?
I love a Christmas story, no matter the time of year, ther
Kirsty
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, reviews
One Kiss Before Christmas - Emma Jackson

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair review thanks to Orion Books and Netgalley.

That is until Olivier, the gorgeous French chef, reappears in her lif
Jade aka MrsTosh
Who doesn't love a Christmas book. I read them throughout the year just to try and bring back that feeling of Christmas cheer. This book was perfect for that, it is a lovely heartwarming read.

Not only does this book centre around Christmas but it is also a book about second chances, friendship and hope. Ashley and Olivier are both at cross roads in their lives for different reasons. Ashley dreams of becoming an actress but at the moment is making money as one of Santas elves and living with her
Chanel Lindsay
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would firstly like to thank Netgalley and the publishers for providing me with a copy of this book to read and review.

This book make a refreshing, festive change from my usual crime reads. After a very depressingly difficult year, a Christmas love story is exactly what I want to read right now. And I definitely wasn't disappointed.
Like all soppy festive romances, I've guessed the ending before I've finished the first page, but I don't care, I enjoyed it!
Ash and Olivier were two characters I
B.R. Maycock
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Emma Jackson set up her Winter Warmer challenge to read Christmas books over November, with a read along of sorts on the 29th, I thought what better book to start with?!

From the start I was very much taken with this book, where we follow Ash, who has been working as an elf in a santa’s grotto, also meeting Olivier, who has returned from France, from a thankless job as a chef with his tough – love delivering father.

Ash and Olivier have a past together and I loved unfurling their story. The r
Jean
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Easy to read romance with likeable characters.
Ashleigh lives with her gran in Brighton, while being ignored by her actress mother living in the US.
Olivier grew up living next door till he moved to Paris to work in his dads Michelin star restaurant only visiting his mother every christmas.

Ashleigh hes been in love with Olivier since childhood without telling him, on his recent visit does she declare her love to him, scared of being rejected and having a long distance relationship, will it work an
Kel
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set against the backdrop of Paris and the wonderful seaside town of Brighton I loved this book!

The detail to the places visited was amazing and really bought the location to life, we love visiting Brighton and it homes our favourite Sealife Centre which is affectionately referred to in this story.

Olivier has returned to see his Maman for Christmas and is expecting to actually get a few days rest. Whilst Ashleigh is donning her elf costume again as she works in the lead up to Christmas.

A romantic
Natalie Farr
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
One Kiss Before Christmas is a warming festive ‘will they or won’t they‘ tale of Ashleigh and Oliver.

Ashleigh and Oliver have known each other since childhood but circumstances have always kept them apart and unsure of their feelings for each other.

This story sees Oliver return home, to his mums, in England for the holidays. Ashleigh, cynical and scared to love, lives next door. They reestablish their friendship but will their love ever get going?

It’s a warm story that stirs up all festive fe
Lorna
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A simple (yet brilliant) read. This is the perfect book to get you in the Christmas spirit and proves that sometimes a story with a straight forward plot is all you need in a good book. I loved the location markers at the beginning of each chapter - I'm an easily confused reader but they were spot on to keep my mind focussed on the story. There was no faffing around with unnecessary characters or secondary plots (and they really weren't needed anyway). I read this from cover to cover in half a d ...more
Carol Thomas
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, second chance romance story set in Brighton (not that far from where I live), and so I greatly enjoyed recognising places mentioned and visited. The lead characters, Ashleigh and Olivier, were both likeable, as were the supporting cast. I especially liked Romesh and his matchmaking. There is a lovely sprinkling of Christmas throughout as Ash and Olivier both learn to be the people they want to be. While the middle slowed a little in terms of the will they won't they, I really l ...more
mrsljgibbs
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would like to say a very big thank you to Rachel’s Random Resources for forwarding me a copy of this book, in return for an honest review.
This book was a gorgeous Christmas rom com, full of festive spirit and with a gorgeous sprinkling of romance!
Ashleigh has been reduced to playing one of Santa’s elves and her Nan might as well be the Grinch!! Then the gorgeous and very French Olivier turns up next door.......
Both main characters were wonderful and I couldn’t wait to keep reading to find out
Stacey Hammond
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christine Galletly
I thought that this was a really good book - it was written with honesty, feelings and warmth from both main characters.

I thought that the story was very easy to read – it had a lovely flow to it that made me just want to carry on reading.

The plot was well developed but I did find it a tiny bit weaker in places which has dropped my review from 5 stars to 4 - but that still makes it a lovely and high rated read.

It is 4 stars from me for this one – an enjoyable story and highly recommended!
Susanne Baker
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A lovely feel good Christmas read, the characters were very endearing and it was fabulous to catch up with some characters from Emma’s previous books.
This can be read as a stand-alone.
I enjoy a will they won’t they storyline, and also the fact it’s duel narrated by both main characters.
Great setting too, I love Brighton and I really wanted to try the delicious sounding chocolates that featured in the story!
Super cozy, just what I needed to kick off my Christmas reading challenge! 📖🎄

• Christmas at Lock Keeper's Cottage: The perfect uplifting festive read of love and hope for 2020
  • New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow
  • The Little Swiss Ski Chalet (Romantic Escapes #7)
  • The Christmas Swap
  • The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane
  • Christmas at the Little Waffle Shack (Heritage Cove, Book 2)
  • Love in Lockdown
  • Winter Wishes At Swallowtail Bay (Swallowtail Bay, Book 3)
  • Christmas Island
  • The Spark
  • In Pursuit of Happiness
  • The Winter We Met
  • Secrets in the Snow
  • The Winter Garden
  • Christmas Wishes
  • Winter at Wishington Bay: A heartwarming, uplifting romance for winter 2021
  • Christmas at Aunt Elsie's: a delightfully festive, feel-good romance and the perfect Christmas treat.
  • Faking It

A devoted bookworm and secret-story-scribbler since she was 6 years old, Emma joined the Romantic Novelists’ Association on their New Writers’ Scheme at the beginning of 2019, determined to focus on her writing. She has been overwhelmed by the encouragement given by the published authors and fellow NWS members who are part of the RNA and highly recommends joining to any romance writers looking for

News & Interviews