Jump to ratings and reviews
Two murders. A terrified mountain resort. Can a daring reporter help stop an avalanche of bodies before she becomes the next victim?

Celebrity TV anchor Georgia Glass wants out of Denver and far away from her obsessed fan. Set to host her own investigative crime show in LA, she’s surprised to inherit a Victorian house in Aspen from a mysterious uncle she never knew. But while exploring the gothic property, she discovers the frozen corpse of a missing heiress.

Georgia’s journalist instincts kick in and she is determined to help police track down the killer. But by investigating the murder, has she made herself the killer’s next target?

Can Georgia help solve the case before she becomes the next victim? Or will the stalker that followed her to Aspen get her first?

Now I See You is a fast-paced whodunit set amidst the spectacular scenery of Aspen, Colorado, and the first book in the suspenseful Mountain Resort Mystery series.

500 pages, Kindle Edition

Published September 14, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Shannon Work

5 books199 followers
Shannon Work writes traditional mysteries set in the Rocky Mountains. The Mountain Resort Mystery Series features detective Jack Martin, a former FBI agent from Texas who now solves murders committed in the most exclusive resort towns in Colorado, including Aspen, Vail, and Telluride.

Shannon grew up in Del Rio, a border town in the dusty wilds of West Texas. When she graduated from high school, she moved east to College Station and graduated from Texas A&M University with a bachelor's degree in Journalism and a master's degree in Land Economics and Real Estate.

Most of her working life has been spent developing real estate, earning a national Best in America Living Award for one of her developments.

Shannon and her husband are recent empty nesters and split their time between Houston, Texas and Telluride, Colorado. Always with their laptops and dogs in tow.

Connect with Shannon online:

www.ShannonWork.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (1%)
1 star
2 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 37 reviews
Profile Image for Kaceey.
1,003 reviews3,516 followers
February 26, 2022
T.V. anchor Georgia Glass prepares for the opportunity of a lifetime. Hosting her own investigative show in L.A. But before embarking on this epic journey she chooses to take a few weeks off to tend to her newly inherited home in Aspen. First project…renovating the garage! Huh? Well, that certainly wouldn’t have been my pick on where to start a reno, but that’s just me.💁‍♀️

Turns out, it would become a chilling choice after Georgia and her contractor stumble across the body of a young woman in that garage. Once the police arrive at the scene it becomes clear. The picture-perfect resort community of Aspen has a serial killer on the loose!

This book read easily enough with short chapters but could easily have been significantly shorter. Just too much.

The ending was a bit obvious (to me) leaving me a bit underwhelmed. This is book one of a new series but I’m not sure it hooked me enough to continue on.

Posted to: https://books-are-a-girls-best-friend...

Thank you to Goodreads Giveaways.
Profile Image for Sarah  Woodhouse.
220 reviews5 followers
February 23, 2022
What a slam bang of a thriller! I was holding my breath for half of the book and gripping my pillow for the rest of it. What an excellent and exciting start to a new series.

I cannot emphasize how much I enjoyed this book. It's an incredibly well written, well staged ride. Not a single boring page.

In fact, it reminds me a lot of the first mystery book I ever read: The Westing Game. I cannot remember who the author was but that book has stuck with me for most of my life and this is a book that I know I will be contemplating for many years to come.

I cannot recommend this book enough. Take a chance, like I did, you won't regret it. This is the first book I've read by this author and I cannot wait to read the next one!
8 reviews
October 3, 2020
It pulled me in early and was a fast read. I couldn’t put it down! A wonderful “who-done-it” and I can not wait to read the second book.
Profile Image for Lelia Taylor.
872 reviews16 followers
November 15, 2020

Georgia Glass is an interesting woman and I was particularly struck by a random thought she has, that she has “vague memories” of her visits to Aspen after just ten years. That makes her seem rather shallow but I actually think it might be a kind of commentary on so many people today whose lives are so filled with information flooding their brains from all directions. TV journalists especially may find their attention and focus driven from one story to the next, causing memories to be more fleeting than in less frenetic times. Hmm…something I’ll want to think more about.

Besides finding a body in her newly inherited property, Georgia is also recovering from the stress of having a devoted fan who turned into a stalker. That situation seems to be under control but no journalist worthy of the name could resist looking into the presence of a dead body practically at her feet. She’s new in town but makes connections quickly, including with a local police detective and it isn’t long before she comes to the attention of a serial killer who already has committed several murders.

I figured out most of the salient facts faster than I expect to in a true whodunnit, as this has been billed, but the author has crafted a nicely suspenseful story. Detective Jack Martin will be back in the next book, set in Vail, and I’m looking forward to seeing him again.
Profile Image for Rhiannon.
40 reviews5 followers
March 13, 2022
This book kept me guessing the whole time! Suspenseful and entertaining, I couldn't put it down.
7 reviews
March 20, 2022
Love the suspense!

I enjoyed the fast pace and the way the villain was kept hidden until the end. I will look for more books by this author!
28 reviews
October 5, 2020
This book was amazingly good. I loved it. It’s a great suspense/mystery book it kept me interested in it throughout the book.
Profile Image for Hattie Cauthorn.
3 reviews1 follower
October 28, 2020
A well-written whodunit that kept me guessing till the very end! Can’t wait for the next book in the mountain resort mystery series!
January 23, 2021
I read in about 3 days. Felt like a really great suspense-filled movie but I was reading it. Very easy to lose track of time.
Profile Image for Tanya Marie.
Author 3 books
April 27, 2021
Very intriguing! It kept my attention with all the twists and turns. I liked the different perspectives of the characters, which added depth to the story.
316 reviews
September 8, 2021
Excellent book. My first by this Author. The first book in a series. Great story. Great characters. Going to read the next book Everything to Lose now.
Profile Image for Nancy (The Avid Reader).
2,242 reviews94 followers
October 24, 2020
Georgia Glass is a TV investigative reporter. Georgia has had some trouble with an obsessive fan and would like to get as far away from him as possible. Imagine her surprise when she receives a call stating that she has inherited a house from an uncle that she didn’t know she had in Aspen.

While she is exploring the old house Georgia discovers a body in the basement. The investigator in Georgia kicks in after seeing the body. Georgia’s investigation sends her on a trip to the past. Georgia thinks that the case could be connected to past cases. The problem being is the person who committed the past cases is in prison. Is this case a copycat murder? Or is there just some other connection? Or maybe it is just a coincidence?

Now I See You is Shannon Work’s debut novel and a great start to a brand new series. Now I see You is a fast-paced read that will grab your attention from the get-go and not let go until the very end. Once you pick it up you won’t be able to lay it down until the last case is solved.

Now I See You is filled with mystery and suspense from the first page. It keeps you hanging on trying to guess whodunit with each turn of the page. Now I see You will stay with you long after you have read the last page. I can’t wait for the next book in the Mountain Resort Mystery Series.

One-click your copy of Now I See You to begin a mysterious journey of murder!

Profile Image for Charity  Bartley Howard.
108 reviews7 followers
November 17, 2020
Now I See You is a good choice when looking for a mystery. The story got right to it as Georgia tries to figure out what is happening. The author does a wonderful job describing and continuing the story while also bringing the characters to the reader. The location descriptions are amazing as well helping readers enjoy everything like we are there, which is great. It gets you thinking and this story is also in a beautiful backdrop that we see along with the characters. All of these aspects are perfect for a mystery story leading to anticipation and making you ask what will happen next. It makes you want to know who did or is that person guilty of something? Now that I know this is a series and the second book will be available before you know it I look forward to reading it too. More in the series will be great reading I am sure.
Profile Image for Dishita.
10 reviews
July 18, 2021
This book was... just wow, ok? No words to describe it. Well there are. This book is mainly a murder mystery and it is based in mostly Aspen, Colorado. It's about a famous, young and beautiful news reporter who moved from Denver to Aspen to start a new job in LA but also to get away from a stalking case that happened to her. This book is the literal definition of 'nothing is as it seems' and I knew why. The stalker wasn't the stalker. The prime murder suspect was not the murderer. Even though I had a feeling who it was, this kept me at the edge of my seat when the serial killer was revealed. Just read it, ok. If you love mystery and murder then just read it. It made me smarter for some reason.

WARNING: ⚠️ MATURE CONTENT IN SOME PART!! I ONLY RECOMMEND IT TO 14+ PEOPLE!!!
Profile Image for Caitlyn Meyers.
40 reviews
April 29, 2022
I tried so hard, but could not figure out the ending until it happened! There were a few things I would change, but overall, a very good story.
1) though I loved the different perspectives in each chapter, having a POV from the Aspen detective and the Denver detective was confusing. They were secondary characters so it was easy to get them confused until the very end of the book.
2) the ending felt rushed. I wish some of those chapters were drawn out a bit more.
3) the wrap up at the end left a nice bow, but felt really forced. I think it would've been fine to leave that final chapter out entirely. Most of the answers we already knew previously. We can piece the puzzle together ourselves.

Overall, I still give it 5 stars. Great story and well-written.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Deanna Gamble.
27 reviews4 followers
January 19, 2023
For the most part, this was pretty good. I have a few icks about it though.. I knew who the killer and stalker were from literally the first moment we met them. Also, I had to go back and check who the author was because it really comes across as being written by a male author who has a lot of disdain for women, especially ones who aren't beautiful/perfect, and it sat wrong with me every single time the author talked about any female character that wasn't Georgia Glass. I will probably read the rest in the series, but NOT on audiobook. I read this one on audiobook, but I did not like the audiobook reader at all, and made it less enjoyable for me.
653 reviews2 followers
February 3, 2022
I really liked the heroine in this mystery - a news reporter who gets involved in the investigation of a serial killer in Aspen, Colorado. Compelling writing drove me to finish it in two days. The stalker was a little obvious, but I kept changing my mind about the identity of the serial killer, although I did figure out the right suspect just before the heroine did.

I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway and I am grateful to the author and publisher for the opportunity to read this start to what looks like will be a great series.
24 reviews
February 14, 2022
Goodreads win

I won this one on Goodreads giveaways. I found it to be entertaining and enjoyable. It was an old fashioned murder mystery with a secondary mystery mixed in. I had the secondary one figured out early. I also had the murderer pegged early ,but there was such a variety of characters and misdirection that I remained at least a little unsure of myself. This was a quaint book with a likable main character. I especially was enthralled because I will be making my first trip to Colorado next month.

Profile Image for Sandra Lopez.
Author 3 books316 followers
October 31, 2020
Reporter Georgia was heading to Aspen to inherit her uncle’s house with a nagging fear that her stalker was still out there. Then she finds a body in her backyard. Could a serial killer be on the loose?

Story had nice descriptions of the snowy mountains, landscapes, and architecture. It’s a bit slow, often lagging with lengthy prose and too many characters. Well-written overall, but just not as exciting as I thought.

A decent mystery.
July 4, 2022
Interesting and unique storyline

Enjoyed reading it. I like the author's style. Not a lot of unnecessary description that bores the reader. The "who dunnit" was a bit obvious with just enough "well maybe not" to keep you reading. A good clean ending that didn't drag on. The author has room to grow in story development but overall an interesting and unique story that kept you engaged to the end. I will read more books by this author.
Profile Image for Sonja Coull.
132 reviews1 follower
September 6, 2022
This was a quick read. It grabbed me right away. This is one crazy group of people with many skeletons in their closets. Some of the things happening make these people look stupid. Georgia is a go getter, ready for a big change in her job yet she had time and money to take off so long and be in Aspen? Anyway, this Aspen community seems to have some warped people. Don’t get me wrong, it was light and a good read.
Profile Image for Kristina Haro.
86 reviews
February 9, 2022
typical Amazon mystery

There is a recipe to these Kindle Unlimited books:

70 chapters
15 suspects
Cheesy one liners

It kept me reading to figure out who the killer was, so to me it was not too predictable.
Profile Image for Mariah Otero.
67 reviews
July 14, 2022
It was basically a murder mystery game. I found myself questioning after every chapter who the killer was. There was a good twist at the end that I did not even consider… but 3 stars because it dragged on
Profile Image for Donna.
250 reviews10 followers
July 21, 2022
Dynamic plot

This first book I’ve read by this author is by far one of the best books I’ve read in years. I loved every twist and turn. I never saw the stalker angle until he installed those cameras. I had no idea about the real estate agent. So tremendously good.
January 3, 2023
Great Plot Twist Myster

I could not put this book down. There were several story lines but they worked well together. I enjoyed this writer’s craft; she provided just enough detail to set the plot. Great read!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 37 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.