Start by marking “Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)

Mr. Perfect

(Sinister in Savannah #2)

Word-slinger. Purveyor of truth. Jaded heart.

By day, Felix Franklin is an investigative journalist. By night, he produces Sinister in Savannah, an investigative podcast, with his two best friends. Felix’s life revolves around three principles: fortune favors the bold, honesty is everything, and love is for schmucks.

The podcast is back to investigate allegations that a loca
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 303 pages
Published September 18th 2020 by Chasing Rainbows Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Perfect

Start your review of Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
Cadiva
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Aimee Nicole has outdone herself in this one, it's sheer perfection for a second chance former lovers romance and it's coupled with a really good suspense plot as a bonus.

Also, the ending/introduction to book three's love interest for Rocky Jacobs is utterly brilliant and had me howling with laughter once I'd got over the heart-racing fear that our intrepid threesome had landed themselves in a situation they couldn't escape from.

Felix and Jude are a glorious pair once they reconnect, but it take
Athira
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: awesome-series, lgbtq
I love Felix and Jude together. It's the second book in the series and should be read in order as it has continuing storylines.

I love a good second chance romance and this one was perfect. They have so much chemistry and UST and that sort-of-hate -to-love thing going on. It's entirely from Felix's POV and I have been curious about him since forever. But my favourite characters would be Felix's his neighbour's aggressive peacocks. 🦚🦚

The plot twist was so unexpected that I never saw it coming. It
Joyfully Jay
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

I so enjoy this series. This second novel is even better than the first. All the familiar gang is back, including Miss Marla, and we get to see even more of the gentle ribbing and fun banter between Rocky and Felix. Jude begins as someone I loved to hate for what he represents to Felix and I honestly was one hundred percent with Rocky every time he warned Felix not to be a fool and let Jude in again. Once that changes and we find out more about that time in college
Sanaa
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

What did I just read? This was so good! I absolutely loved Felix and Jude together. I just wanted to give Felix the biggest hug honestly, he made me want to protect him at all costs.

“It doesn’t matter what others think about you. They don’t get to decide who you are or where you belong. They sure as hell don’t decide your capabilities.”

Their chemistry was palpable. I also loved the side characters to death. And I'm insanely excited for Rocky's book next!!! Probably will give thi
Mimi
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

I really, really liked this book better than the first! Some second chance novels have too much baggage for the MC's to get over what caused them to separate in tge first place but, ro me, this one flowed without me shouting "when are going to get your head out of your ass!" I genuinely liked both Felix and Jude, and can't wait for Major and Asher.
R
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Felix has his journalism, the Sinister In Savannah podcast, and his friends. All these give him a full good life. When his first love, Jude, walks back into his life, dragging the pain of betrayal with him, Felix just wants the past to stay buried. Jude on the other hand still wants Felix and he’s determined to have him.

No super deep mystery here. The reader knows who the bad guys are early. Several surprising revelations kept the plot interesting and a twist at the end I wasn’t expecting (maybe
Annie
3.5+ stars

I really enjoyed the first book in this series with its blend of great characters, lively dialogue, suspense, and action, so I started Mr. Perfect with somewhat high expectations. I’ll admit it was a little slow going at first. It felt like there was a lot of set up to this book and I didn’t quite become fully invested until I was nearly halfway through this time around. Once the action took over though, I was definitely all for it and enjoyed the way it unraveled and the few surprises
ML
Sep 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I hoped for more mystery...

This was told only from Felix’s POV. I think getting Jude’s perspective would have made this a better story. Maybe it would have made me care more about Felix, who was SO prickly.

In this book, you have to suspend disbelief a little bit. Felix,an investigative journalist, truth hunting is basically his identity,however, he believes all the negative things that Jude said about him in college without even fact checking. It seems VERY odd how quickly he turned on him. Esp
Karen Edwards
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Sinister in Savannah series, with Felix and Jude’s story. Felix and Jude have a history and I just love a great second-chance romance, and this one fits the bill. Add in some mystery, a couple of aggressive peacocks, and a few surprises along the way and this makes for one great read. I don’t think this one packed the punch quite as book one did, but it was great in its own way. Royce Locke and Sawyer Key also make an appearance too. Be still my heart. I just love ...more
Nicole
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! This was better than the first one!

I like how they still care about each other after such a long time. It was cute and I really liked Jude!

The whole criminal/mystery of the book was solved very calmly, not too much action but that didn't lessen how much I enjoyed this! It was very good!

At the end, we got a glimpse of the mysterious and secretive Rocky. I'm so looking forward to his story!!
T.L. Travis
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put it down!

Felix is fierce, driven and unrelenting. Jude has killer good looks, a dangerous past, and a heart of gold.

Once they finally give in and let go, all hell breaks loose.
Lindsay Crook
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

This one was everything I hoped it'd be..Felix and Jude are smoking hot together their chemistry is great and I loved learning a little more about Rocky.
Dee
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was great to get more of Felix’s story after the Zero Hour series and Sinister in Savannah. Looking forward to Rocky’s story in Pretty Poison.
Candice
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am LOVING this series!!
WycEd Reader

Check out our full post for MR. PERFECT on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆

This is the second book in the Sinister in Savannah series, and I would most definitely recommend that you start at the beginning. I feel that the first book really sets the scene on the podcast guys world and their expertise, as well as their friendship and personalities, which I think you would regret otherwise – especially concerning the wonderful Marla and Amos. There is eno
Tizerkane 13
Oct 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was just not for me AT ALL!! I found Felix unbearable and insufferable!!! I’ll be ranting shortly!!!

(view spoiler)
Kat
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Freaking Stars

I have read many books by Ms. Walker but this series is simply a standout as some of her best work. I love this latest story in her Sinister in Savannah series. The first book was fabulous and I could not wait for Mr. Perfect to arrive. Just in chapter 2 alone, I knew this was worth waiting for and the story was going to be amazing.

Felix who is a talented reporter is perplexed as to why his one-time lover has moved from Atlanta to Savannah. Why did this hot-shot news anchor leave
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s

This is the second book in the Sinister in Savannah series, and I would most definitely recommend that you start at the beginning. I feel that the first book really sets the scene on the podcast guys world and their expertise, as well as their friendship and personalities which I think you would regret otherwise – especially concerning the wonderful Marla and Amos. There is enough here to remind you, but thankfully
Lora Graham
Sep 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-sex
Felix grew up in poverty raised by a mom who traded sex for drugs. Because everyone in school (small town, I guess) knew about his mom and about them being one step from homelessness, he was picked on mercilessly. Unfortunately, Felix never got any counseling, so in this story he's still a bitter, angry man with extremely low self-esteem; a man who doesn't even like himself so he tries to be a perfectionist in his journalism assignments because he feels like nothing he's ever done is enough. Thi ...more
Jacqueleen ♡
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-to-review
For a series that didn't start out with a total knockout for me I can honestly say that book 2 sent it out of the park. I loved the push and pull between Felix and Jude. The enemies to lovers theme was on point here. Felix was determined to avoid Jude at all costs, but somehow he kept popping back up, tempting Felix again and again with his snarky comments. Okay, some of them where downright filthy and I loved it.

The mystery aspect of the story wasn't as front and center as in book 1. The
Kendra Patterson
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Felix Franklin is an investigative journalist and a driving force of the Sinister in Savannah podcast. He had a hard upbringing that has left him a little prickly. He is having trouble getting the car dealership to take responsibility for his car troubles and finds that this is a recurring issue with The Auto King Cameron Spencer. His buddies with the podcast Jonah and Major are ready to help him investigate.

Jude Arrow is an investigative reporter for the local TV station. It is a mystery why he
Beth
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Riveting! I loved it!

The second book in the Sinister in Savannah series continues the trend of exciting, well-written, clever suspense books set in Savannah that began with the Zero Hour series. The MCs are compelling, the storyline is interesting, the secondary characters play important roles plus we get a cameo from Royce and Sawyer. Not much more one could ask for.

Felix, the intrepid investigative reporter completes his character rehab journey in this book. He started out as a total jerk in t
Kelli
Oct 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book not as much as the first, but it was still fun and had a bit of mystery.

Felix Franklin is an investigative journalist by day and helps produce the Sinister in Savannah podcast by night with his two friends Rocky and Jonah.

The storyline he is investigating money laundering of a car dealership owner and also fighting the feelings he still has for his ex from college at the same time he is angry at him outwardly.

I didn’t feel as pulled into this one as much as Ride the Ligh
Vicki
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
I really do appreciate the story telling ability of Aimee Nicole Walker. Seamless plot formation, exceptional pacing and her character development is so very well done. This is another engaging and enjoyable read in the Sinister In Savannah series and even though we are told early on who the bad guys are, there’s a couple of twists in the tale to keep things interesting.
Felix and Jude certainly do have a lot of layers to them. Felix is very prickly, loyal to and loved by those in his inner circ
AshPenny37
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You know how mostly the second installment doesn't live up to the standard of the series opener (I'm thinking almost every movie trilogy and a few books series)? Well, that's totally not a problem here. Mr Perfect, the follow up to Ride The Lightning in the Sinister In Savannah series, is brilliant!

I love the push and pull of Felix and Jude trying to navigate their way to a second chance at their relationship against the backdrop of an investigation that had me guessing . The balance in this boo
Jacey Jeffrey
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely freakin adored this latest book in the Sinister in Savannah series!!! We get a deeper look into Felix and what has happened in his life that makes him the way he is. I adored Felix in previous stories but I am 100 percent in love with Felix now! Jude and Felix were together a long time ago but something happened that Felix couldn't forgive him for and didn't give Jude a chance to explain. Years later they reconnect and the past hurts come rushing back for Felix but the more time he ...more
Jenn's Book Obsession
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
★★★½ STARS

This was another enjoyable read from this author. Although, it did take me a couple chapters to really get into it. I liked Felix but I didn't care for his attitude at times and the way he treated Jude. But then again, at first I wasn't really too fond of Jude either. I mean why did it take him so long to come after Felix.

I'm a sucker for second chance romances but this one was just frustrating. I wanted to bop their heads together and tell Felix to stop being such a stubborn jerk lol.
Devoted❤️Reader
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Peacocks, courage and truth

I freaking love this book and series. I love the suspense, the action, the people and the cases. It’s brilliant. “Be courageous in love.” I adore Felix, his sarcasm, his caution and his tenacity. He’s a role model and I wish I could meet him. I loved learning about his past and seeing him fall again for the dashing, intelligent and intrepid Jude.

“You’re more important than any scoop. Your heart is more valuable than any award.” Gah, together they are enough and so muc
Pam
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perrrrrfect

Wow this is a great read, the author certainly knows how to engage us, book 2 is the exact fit to a fab series.
Well written world building mystery, involving our delicious threesome of Sinister in Savannah podcast characters. Special guest appearences from Locke & Key, reminds us how these guys are all aqainted with one another.
Its Felix turn this time and what a discovery we make uncovering his many issue around self esteem, love and betrayal.
Heart warming, sexy, packed with actio
Melissa
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Almost Perfect

I enjoyed the murder mystery. Once again I was completely surprised until the end. I enjoyed the twist with Rocky, who was actually my favorite character in this entire book, which leads into why I docked one star for my rating. Felix annoyed me. I understand why he held a grudge against Jude but 14 years?! He held a grudge for 14 years without hearing Jude’s side and then forgave him without a second thought. I understand our judgement is skewed when we’re younger but come on. I w
« previous 1 3 next »

• Headlines (Prime Time, #3)
  • Road to You (Beyond the Cove #5)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Giorgio (Vigilance #1)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot (The Hitman's Guide #3)
  • Ghost Walk (Haunted Souls, #9)
  • Tied and Laced (The Family Novak #6)
  • Wild Warrior (Weavers Circle #2)
  • Have Mercy
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • Taking It Slow (Code of Honor #4)
  • In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)
  • Healing Aiden (Lords of Discord #5)
  • Play With Me
  • Lovers (Wolves of Royal Paynes, #3)
I'm a wife and mother of three teenage kids. I've been married to the same wonderful man for twenty years. I've decided that if I can survive raising three kids then I can survive anything!! I haven't uttered the Mama's curse yet, but it could happen any day now. You know the one..."I hope you have a child just like you someday."

I'm an avid reader and lover of all things romance. I've spent my ent

Sinister in Savannah (2 books)
  • Ride the Lightning (Sinister in Savannah, #1)

News & Interviews