Start by marking “Not Quite Out” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Out

Not Quite Out

William Anson is done with relationships, thanks. He’s starting the second year of his medicine degree single, focused, and ready to mingle with purely platonic intentions.

Meeting Daniel, a barely recovered drug addict ready to start living life on his own terms, might just change that.

There are two problems.

One: William isn’t out.

What’s the point in telling your friends y
Expected publication: February 9th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite Out

Start your review of Not Quite Out
Shane Reid
Jan 05, 2021 rated it did not like it
I'm starting my review by saying: if you're the author reading this, this is my brutally honest opinion and I'd prefer if you didn't use it against me. It's at your discretion to read a review of your book with an intentional lack of star rating. Please note, I'm trans gay man reading this book. My view is from the perspective of someone who's gone through a coming out journey.

I read NOT QUITE OUT aloud, to my boyfriend, in a mock-audiobook form. From the summary, cover, and tweets I'd read, I w
Tasha Vieira
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC reader - honest review

On reflection I believe this book deserves a more detailed review so have edited my original one.

Normally I don’t enjoy slow burns but I was hooked and invested from Will and Dan’s first chance meeting right to the last page. I can’t think about jacket potatoes without thinking about these two. This is a great testament to the writing style.

I absolutely adore everything about Dan. He is a unique and complicated character and I really felt for him throughout. He’s had
Fanna
Jul 16, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-releases
July 16, 2020: Bisexual YES! Super excited for this one.
Salem Reid
Jan 05, 2021 rated it did not like it
I would first like to press that this is my opinion and if you are the author reading this, please do not read if you are not open to honest criticism and/or you are not prepared to read a negative review. My opinion is not based on the writer and it is a look into my reading experience only.

Note: I only gave it 1 star because I need to in order for it to count for my reading challenge.

SPOILERS below. Full review link here because I ran out of space:

----
Jessica
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
I’m going to write a long and gushing review for the blog tour in a few months time, but I wanted to say a few things now because I loved everything about this book from start to finish.

- The writing is absolutely STUNNING and so well thought out.
- The characters feel so real. They have backgrounds, interests, identities, fears, hopes, flaws. I loved each and every one of them and how they drive the story.
- It has some of the best bisexual rep that I have ever read and it is so consistent throug
sol
Jan 09, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: lgbtqia
the mc is bisexual
i am bisexual
that is the only reason I need to read this book immediately
Cheryl Burman
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Will is bi, but no one knows. Or he thinks no one knows. He doesn’t understand his own reluctance to come out, given his supportive uni friends, tolerant parents and a sister who’s got his back the whole way. He’s recently broken up with his girlfriend, Lilly, and has sworn off relationships, at least while he’s working hard on his medical degree. Then he meets Dan - exotic, troubled Dan - and that’s it. Dan’s gay, which should make life a lot easier, except it doesn’t. Willingham has a good tou ...more
talia ♡
okay, im super excited for this book bc bi!rights! but i am CRYING over the cover 😭😭 WHY does this look exactly like gansey and adam parrish in that meme format?!...this literally sums up their relationship too 😭
Matthew Cornford
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
You may have noticed Not Quite Out has been causing a sandstorm of interest via Twitter and Instagram. Because I’ve kept a close eye on Willingham's posts over the last couple of months, I’ve had a reasonable idea of the plot, the boys and what might be happening in this novel.

There isn’t a chance I’d spoil your experience of this book by giving too much away but I will discuss the outline of the story, my thoughts of the two boys and my own experienced with regards to the topics within the book
Vikki Matthews
Jenny
Jul 16, 2020
Leo
Jul 23, 2020

• Faye and the City in the Sea (Faye and the Ether #2)
  • The Doll Factory
  • The Weight of Water
  • Lighter
  • My Father's Daughter
  • NOS4A2
  • Call Me Him
  • Winter Flower
  • The Deep
  • Wild Like Us (Like Us, #8)
  • Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Making Faces
  • The Music of What Happens
  • Lie With Me
  • How to Belong
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Christmas Yet to Come
Louise Willingham is an environmental scientist and writer whose interests vary from Pre-Raphaelite art to going to rock and metal concerts. While studying for her BSc at Keele University, she was a regular at the village pub quiz and a vocal member of the LGBT+ society committee. Not Quite Out is their debut novel.

she/her they/them