Start by marking “La Drag Queen e il re degli Homo Pomp (A prima vista Vol. 2)” as Want to Read:
La Drag Queen e il re degli Homo Pomp (A prima vista Vol. 2)

La Drag Queen e il re degli Homo Pomp

(At First Sight #2)

Credete nell’amore a prima vista?
Sanford Stewart no. Impiegato di giorno e la strabiliante drag queen Helena Handbasket di notte, Sandy ha un acerrimo nemico: Sua Frociosità Pompato I, alias Darren Mayne, il re degli Homo pomp.
I due sembrano odiarsi e comunicano con battute al vetriolo, finché un evento inaspettato e una missione disperata li costringeranno a collaborare p
Published September 21st 2020 by Triskell Edizioni (first published February 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about La Drag Queen e il re degli Homo Pomp, please sign up.
T.J. Hi, sorry, didn't see this was here. But yes, I've already spoken to Michael about this, and he'll be doing the audiobook for Queen.

Tj…more

Tj(less)
T.J. The turn around time is pretty quick these days. I would think maybe summer???

Tj…more
The turn around time is pretty quick these days. I would think maybe summer???

Tj(less)

Start your review of La Drag Queen e il re degli Homo Pomp (A prima vista Vol. 2)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
****Only $0.99 today at Amazon US! 5/1/19!***

~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to Meryl Streep the CRAP out of this review!

OMG, guys. Like, for real!

I read Tell Me It's Real almost exactly three years ago. Almost to the day. It was my first T.J. Klune book, and I had NO idea what I was getting myself into.

I made the unfortunate (fortunate??) mistake of reading Tell Me It's Real on an airplane, and I laughed so hard that I snorted coffee out of my nose while crammed in a coach seat between my husband and a s
T.J.
Aug 08, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
Updated 8/1/16:

The audiobook, narrated by the fabulous Michael Lesley (he of Tell Met It's Real and The Lightning-Struck Heart) has been released as of today! I hope you're ready to hear the Queen and Homo Jock King brought to life! Michael will again show you why he is one of the absolute best narrators in MM today (yes, I am biased because of my adoration of him. I mean, come on! He's Gary, for fuck's sake).

The Queen has arrived...

Amazon: http://www.ama
☆ Todd
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Okay, remember that one time when you heard about that one thing that was just all the fuck over the place and half the time you had no idea which end was even up? But it was just so much fun and chock full of awesome?

Meet. That. Thing. In book form.

Oh, yeah, this book goes there. Then it backs off for a couple of minutes, then it goes right the hell back again.

And I loved it.

Did the story feel laser focused? Fuck no, hardly. This isn't that book. It's full of rambley, blurty goodness t
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**Warning: Gratuitous gifs ahead**

description

I'm obsessed with the At First Sight series, and The Queen & the Homo Jock King is one of my comfort reads. It is pure FUN- just outlandish, ridiculous, yet insanely heartfelt FUN. It strikes the perfect balance for me, and this book and Tell Me It's Real are my go-tos when I'm feeling down.

I won't fully recap the book because I've reviewed it before (check out my original review here), but I will say that it is a story for lovers of the style of Tell Me It's
Jilly
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First things first. We need to address the somehow not-cute elephant in the room. How is an elephant not cute? Probably because it was hired by the same people who made the decisions on the book covers for this series. You know, the blind. This one isn't even half as bad as the first one, but still. Come on, man! Anything is better than these terrible photos of average-to-unattractive people on your book covers. Anything at all.

Holyshitt!! My eyes!!
Okay, I stand corrected...

This is another male
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars!

Classic Klune and when I say such I mean fucking ingenious humor that comes out of nowhere and bitch slaps you with the audacity, ridiculousness, and the honest truth. The guy has no shame and neither do his characters.

There are so many fabulous things to love despite this toeing (really, going over) the line on miscommunication and separation by years. It’s a testament that Klune can do this to me and not make me overly upset by it.

Darren surprisingly threw me for a loop. He’s no Ott
.Lili.
Audio review

I've never been into audio books. I never felt that they could bring the story and characters to life the same way as reading the book would. I'd started a couple and set them aside. Then after a couple years I tried Wolfsong and loved it. I decided to try this audio in preparation of Until You's release. Best. Decision. Ever.

Michael Lesley:

You brought these characters to life. It was truly amazing and hysterical to listen to. If you're a non audio person like I was give this a try.
Lost in a Book
4.5ish Stars

You guys!!! This book should come with a warning. Seriously. Maybe something that warns against all liquids, food, and operating heavy machinery while reading/listening to this book. I don't think I've *ever* laughed as hard while listening/reading a book like I did for this one. I was driving along the interstate, listening to this audio, happily sipping my Starbucks while driving my daughter to the zoo and holyyyyy-shit, the opening scene almost caused me to drive off the road whil
BWT (Belen)
4.5 Stars

I have expectations of a T.J. Klune novel. It must be funny, it should have some emotions tucked into it too, and above all, it should be written so I can devour it quickly thoroughly enjoying every turn of the page.

This had the potential to go either really wrong or really right. Luckily, my faith in T.J. Klune remains unblemished, because this was totally right.

I love the humor, the feels (though I was a little surprised I didn't get hit with wookie cry face), and the way Klune handle
Meags
4.5 Stars

What is there to even say, really?!

If you’ve read Klune’s stories you know what kind of brilliance to expect - brilliance in the writing quality and the overall genius of the storytelling; brilliance in the creation of memorable characters that you quickly come to treasure and adore; brilliance in the level of hilarity present, the kind that has you giggle-snorting inappropriately in public places; brilliance in the depth and range of emotions elicited, often leaving you an emotional w
Rachel Reads Ravenously

This is TJ Klune at his funniest! This book had me bursting out laughing and then taking snapshots of the kindle screen and sending it to my friends!

A very unconventional love story, I think the only other drag queen romance I've ever read was Painted Faces by LH Cosway and that was verrryyy different from this one.

Other than really loving it, I had some issues with it. For one, I was dying for the romance between Sandy and Darren and what we got with this book was a book about Sand
Macky
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WARNING! This book will cause excessive snorting, spluttering, belly laughing and explosive LOL'ing. Those of a weak (bladder) disposition may want to stock up on the Tena's before opening book or Kindle and keep a spare pair (or two...possibly three) of scanties close to hand in case of involuntary leakage. As leakage WILL occur...a lot.

Thank you...review now following!".

Oh my Lordy! This enemies to lovers book made me soooo happy. Only 2% in and I was already wallowing in TJ Klune's situati
Wendy

I laughed my ass off, reading "Tell me it's real", and even though I really liked Sandy and Darren in that book, I didn't expect their story to top Paul and Vince's. I was so freaking wrong about that !! I loved this book even more than I did the first !!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor absolutely loved it + gif

This book made me snort coffee out of my nose, but also managed to make me cry !! I am exhausted...but in a very good way :)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my emotions are confused + gif

Again, the humor in this book is quite OTT, so it may not be for everyone, but it sure as hell was perfect for me.

Eve
Alvin
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Darren being determined AF is sooo hooot!!!

Okay... Let me start with my critiques. I want to get it out of the way first: IT WAS NOT AS FUNNY AS Tell Me It's Real. The author tried, I can feel that. But I still didn't find it as funny or as over the top as the first book.
And also the plot was just ridiculous! But, I LOVED how it eventually panned out. I'm not gonna spoil it but for those who've read it, you know what I mean.

This is not my favorite T.J. Klune book. But compared to all the oth
ȷαεlα
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T.J. Klune you brilliant creature!

There aren't enough words in this world that I can use to describe your books. They're all amazing. This one couldn't be any different.

When the drag Queen Helena/Sandy gets involved into mischievous affairs with the homo jock King-Darren, what could possibly go wrong? The answer: Everything!

I loved the humor in this book and in all TJ's ones. He's absolutely amazing. His mind is beautiful. Only he can make laugh so much (in every single page of the book; the dia
Renée
We met Sandy in Tell Me It's Real and saw his fierceness, his loyalty. We saw it again in Ty and Dominic’s story, The Art of Breathing(damn you TJ for the number of tissues I went through on THAT book), when Corey/Kori moves in with Sandy. So I’ve always appreciated the dichotomy of Sanford Stewart and his drag show character, Helena Handbasket. Sandy thinks they’re very different. He thinks Helena is fierce and strong, while he’s more meek and introverted. *Snort* That may be how Sandy feels, b ...more
Ann
Absolutely hilarious, plus feelz and deliciously hard earned dirty bits. It's a complete package of fun.

I let this book make me its bitch and I loved every minute of it.

You have to read Tell Me It’s Real to appreciate the sequel, no doubt. Sandy/Helena is too big for one book and knowing his backstory through Tell Me It’s Real makes him that much more amazing. Helena is all the things that Sandy is not but wants to be. Helena is bold and fearless where Sandy is shy and sweet. And, thank sweet b
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
"You have to remember that people can change. Who we once were isn't who we're always going to be."

Over the top fabulousness! So what I've come to expect from TJ Klune basically.

Awkward dinners, word vomiting all over the place, ridiculous, and I mean ridiculous, UST. I was getting ready to kick Sandy and Darren around the place. For someone so awesome Sandy and Helena were like proper stupid.

This was everything I wanted it to be. I am like stupid in love with drag queens, I personally think t
Jenni Lea

That. Was. FABULOUS!!!

Seriously. I could listen to this all day, every day, over and over again and not tire of it.
Debra

This was another funny, over the top story with a lot of heart under all the madness. I liked it even better than the first book. The whole cast of characters we were introduced to in Tell Me It's Real is back, along with Corey/Kori (who was introduced in The Art of Breathing and looks to be the subject of the next book!), Santiago (the waiter from hell) and a cast of homo jocks, most notably Brian (he needs a story too!), Biff, Chet and Xerxes. Even Gustavo Tiberius pops up on the page
Dia
4,5 stars

I really loved this one. It was extremely funny and also unexpectedly sweet.

Like I mentioned before, this author makes me laugh like no other. I can't remember when I laughed out loud so much, while reading a book. His characters are hilarious and super crazy, but you love them so much. I wish I had this kind of friends in real life. Oh how much we would laugh!

If you've read the first book (and if you haven't, what are you waiting for?! GO check it out NOW) you need to read Sandy's s
Sandra
Thoughts after reading:

This was absolutely fabulous. Everything I had hoped for, and more. When I wasn't cackling like a hyena, I was dying from the awwww. Perfect follow-up to TMIR.

Put this on your TBRs RTFN!

Review:

First off, that cover, OMG. How perfect is that cover showcasing the dual nature of Sanford Stewart and Helena Handbasket.

Where Sandy is quiet and shy, Helena is fierce and in your face. Where Sandy wants to be loved for who he is, including the part of him that is Helena, The Quee
Trio
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just knew it would be as spectacular as I'd hoped. Obviously no review is necessary to convince anyone to read (or listen to) this book. Michael Lesley was so incredible... as I always say, I think he makes TJ even better and TJ does the same for him ;) It's a match made in heaven.
Bitchie
Tj Klune's style of humor isn't for everyone, but he just fucking works for me.

Full review to come.
 ⚣ Marco ⚣
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good and entertaining read. I highly enjoyed the “fake boyfriend” trope and the banter between the two MCs.

Nonetheless, this book was just waaaay to long and would have worked better for me with at least 100 pages less.
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Wow, so what to say about The Queen & the Homo Jock King that hasn't been said! I doubt you'll find much new here, but I can try to Meryl Streep my way through this!!

The Queen & the Homo Jock King is damn funny. No lie -- I started reading this book while walking on my treadmill and could barely get through the Prologue without falling off the damn thing, I was laughing so hard. But did I learn from this? Hell, no. I continued to use my treadmill while reading this book and only by the
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
The audio is PERFECTION!!!!! It makes the book 1 billion times better, and it was a 5 stars read before!
----------------------------
MAGNIFICENT!!!

But what else could you expect from TJ Klune?

Meet our protagonists:

Sandy aka Helena Handbasket aka The Queen

which I can only imagine as Shontelle Sparkles, who I stalk on Instagram and I love her!! (thank you Momo for introducing her to me)

and Darren Mayne aka Homo Jock King

who pretend to hate each other's guts (but are secretly love) and enter a in a
Karen
I finished this one a few days ago and as much as I'd love to just review the hell out of it. Time is not my friend at the moment. So I'm going to have to suffice it to say that I loved this book...seriously I need to laugh and rant and just enjoy the hell outta' something right now and this was the perfect time for this one. It's awesome with it's over the top Sandy drama. #SandyRules4EVAH!!!

Ok, the end. I gotta' go do the things and hopefully the next time I get to listen to it I'll have the
Elsbeth

Well.... This was one heck of a crazy train.

description

I loved this though. Sandy/ Helena Handbasket is a piece of work. And his/her pining for Darren was adorbs. But dammit I wanted to smack the two. They were so blind and stupid.

description

There were not too many sexscenes in this book but the one that was..... Geeeeez, I don't know how Klune manages it but the scene was burning me up.

“This was always about you. I was going to take what I could get, because I thought having you like this was better than no
LenaRibka
Notes for myself:

You gave the audio book back (TWICE!).
You HATE the narrator's style.
DON'T BUY IT AGAIN BY MISTAKE.
Try an eBook edition instead. But remember, there were too many "giggles" for your liking at the beginning. Most likely it is not for you.

• Glitterland (Spires, #1)
  • The Weight of It All
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Within the Mind (In the Mind, #1)
  • Hidden in Darkness (In Darkness, #1)
  • A Villain for Christmas
  • Adulting 101
  • Pansies (Spires #4)
  • Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
  • Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Project Hero
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
TJ KLUNE is a Lambda Literary Award-winning author (Into This River I Drown) and an ex-claims examiner for an insurance company. His novels include The House in the Cerulean Sea and The Extraordinaries. Being queer himself, TJ believes it's important—now more than ever—to have accurate, positive, queer representation in stories.

At First Sight (4 books)
  • Tell Me It's Real (At First Sight, #1)
  • Until You (At First Sight, #3)
  • Why We Fight (At First Sight, #4)