Start by marking “Lighthouse – An Anthology” as Want to Read:
Lighthouse – An Anthology

Lighthouse – An Anthology

A grieving woman is drawn to a land-locked lighthouse where she meets a party of lost souls in need of a guide. She must face death in order to start a new life.

The temporary caretaker of a lighthouse finds the perfect hideaway for safeguarding her secret, never expecting to encounter a murder and an unlikely partner in crime.
While visiting a deep space navigational beaco
Published October 21st 2020 by Lorikeet Ink

To ask other readers questions about Lighthouse – An Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lighthouse – An Anthology

Start your review of Lighthouse – An Anthology
Christine Sun
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I wrote this review based on an advance reading e-copy that the publisher, Lorikeet Ink, sent me.

Most of us as readers have one or a couple of preferred literary genres. Because there is never enough time to consume all the books on our TBR lists in our favourite genre(s), it is rare – or at least not often – that we will venture outside of our reading comfort zone and explore those authors and books unknown and unfamiliar to us. Sometimes I wonder what I have missed and am still mis
Cass Moriarty
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How many writers does it take to screw in a huge lighthouse lamp? Apparently, it’s 15. After meeting randomly at a writers’ conference dress-up dinner, these 15 authors chatted about a vision of creating an anthology of writing with the common theme of lighthouses. Unlike most ideas conceived after a few drinks at a writers’ conference, this one actually came to fruition, and Lighthouse: An Anthology (Lorikeet Ink 2020) was born merely a year later.
Edited by Bianca Milroy and produced by severa
Carrie
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A charming mix of engaging, immersive stories, many of them whimsical and otherworldly. This book took me on an adventure through time and place. I felt instantly connected with the characters and the worlds they inhabited. This is a wonderful theme for an anthology. There was a lovely rhythm about the sequencing as the stories transitioned from one to the next: reminiscent of waves lapping at a shore. Highly recommend!
Sally Eberhardt
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From shape-shifters to future tech, families to fortunes lost and gained, a tiny Bass Strait Island to the vastness of space - there is more than something for everyone here. Each writer makes their mark and takes the reader on a journey to parts unknown yet familiar.
I thoroughly enjoyed this glorious collection of genres and styles with the common theme of 'Lighthouse' and highly recommend it to all curious souls.
Fiona Davy
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From page one this collection of short stories offers the reader a wealth of absorbing tales encompassing historical fables, futuristic escapades, and stories from a variety of genres and styles. Each author brings their own unique flair to the compilation and yet the ubiquitous lighthouse effectively links them all.
I highly recommend Lighthouse – An Anthology.
Edwina Shaw
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful collection of stories about lighthouses. The perfect Sumer holiday read. With stories ranging from romance to horror, sci-fi, magic realism and more literary pieces. Wonderfully produced and edited, this book makes a great gift and is a fascinating read.
poodles.ponies.peonies
I received a copy of this book via the publisher to voluntarily review. I’d recommend this collection of 15 short stories to anyone who is time poor but looking for a transporting, immersing read for spooky season (or any rainy afternoon!).
Judy Gregory
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a lovely surprise package: each story is themed around lighthouses, but the genre and setting change each time. Each story is a self-contained nugget of interest and entertainment.
G.S. Johnston
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Lighthouse is a collection of short stories collated by the, evidently, multifarious concept of the lighthouse. Each story finds a different way to use this idea, giving the excellent anthology yet another source of light – something other than a theme to link them together. At first, I was a bit worried that such a diverse range of writing styles might not gel to a whole, but it does. And what a great idea to give authors an idea and ask them to write around this, rather than authors draggi ...more
Marianna
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I thoroughly enjoyed the eclectic stories in this anthology titled Lighthouse. The publisher Lorikeet Ink has brought together a group of talented artists writing in different genres. The result is an interesting, quirky collection of horror, romance, mystery and speculative fiction tales. I would have liked to see more of a connection between the works other than just the theme 'lighthou
Terry Talks Fiction
A really fantastic read - each of the 15 stories deliver something incredible and unique, and all are well worth your time. Full review available on the Terry Talks Fiction Podcast.
Sherry Mackay
A good mixture of genres here but tbh I have to say at least three of the stories were not up to par. Did they need to fill up some room?:).
Tjalara Draper
Apr 05, 2021
Alyssa
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kylie Fennell
Sep 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kali Napier
Sep 28, 2020
Jeremy
Oct 21, 2020
Lane Thornton
Oct 27, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-works
Jan 02, 2021

• Fractured
  • The Outback Doctor's Surprise Bride
  • The Search Party
  • The Devil and the Deep (Temptation on her Doorstep #2)
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • The Survivors
  • Blackbirds Sing
  • Moonflower Murders (Susan Ryeland #2)
  • Shuggie Bain
  • This One Wild and Precious Life: A Hopeful Path Forward in a Fractured World
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1)
  • If Beale Street Could Talk
  • The Delightful Life of a Suicide Pilot (Dr. Siri Paiboun, #15)
  • Getting Warmer (Cato Kwong, #2)
  • The Artists' and Writers' Cookbook: A Collection of Stories with Recipes