Start by marking “Wild Poppy” as Want to Read:
Wild Poppy

Wild Poppy

Codename: Agent Poppy
Mission: Infiltrate the enemy to gain information
Purpose: To aid military operations

Poppy never thought of herself as a casualty of war. She was serving her country. She was proud to do so. The problem was they never intended for her to come home.

Escaping death at the hands of both her captors and her country, Poppy has been given a chance at freedo
Published September 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Wild Poppy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Poppy

Start your review of Wild Poppy
Trish B
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wild Poppy by Victoria Johns

This book was my first by Ms Johns. I came across it after reading a review and knew instantly that this one going to be one helluva book to read. I was seriously NOT disappointed.

Wild Poppy is about Agent Poppy, a young woman stationed in the Middle East on active duty within Special Black Ops. Her country left her out to dry, captive in another country and suffering insurmountable conditions and abuse. Poppy reminded me of a modern-day superhero…. strong beyond w
Sophie Ruthven
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a new to me author and one from the captivating blurb alone I knew I'd definitely go back and read more from asap.
From the very first page, no scratch that, first sentence, you are instantly ensared and wondering what on earth is going on.
With detailed descriptions that make the reader feel like you are right there beside the characters, be prepared to be sent on a rollercoaster of emotions.
As a self proclaimed suspense junkie this book was right up my alley from start to finish.

After h
Christina  Thomas
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wild poppy was my first read by this author and I over all really enjoyed it. Poppy is a code name and agent, If you like Victoria's books I think you will love this one. I felt like I was on a world wind of emotions, questions and begging for answers. Not only is this story well written but so are the characters to the point you can basically see them or almost like your watching a movie as you read this. I recommend this book and I feel you will be hooked from beginning to end wanting more. ...more
 Thea™
Sep 15, 2020 marked it as 2-tbr-now
Why I wanna read this book? The COVER!! 😁
Krista Webster
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes to get everything you want, you have to risk everything you've got, and right now, the only thing either of us has that is worth anything is each other”

Marnie
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is no lightweight romance for the faint of heart

Author Victoria Johns threw me straight into the deep end, and left me aghast and heavy hearted at the situation Agent Poppy had been put into, and left, by her superiors. And once I started, I resented putting this book down until her resolution had been reached.

This is a powerful story of survival. While the scenes aren’t overly descriptive, the author honours Agent Poppy in letting us as readers know exactly what it is she is going through
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Blurb pulled me in hook, line and sinker. It is a dark story especially at the beginning

US Agent - Code name Poppy. A skilful black ops operative who has infiltrated an ISIS terrorist group in Afghanistan. She is waiting for extraction but soon realises she has become an expendable pawn because she knows to much. Her determination to survive is immense as she endures horrendous abuse. The details of her life undercover are explicit and could be a trigger for some readers.
Eventually Shadow a
Dawn
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Poppy, a code name, is serving her country with one of those alphabet agencies. She goes undercover in Afghanistan as the wife of an enemy of the USA. She is to help gain information to bring down this cell of insurgents. However, her life there is harsh. She is repeatedly called an American whore and gang raped. Her countryman, who was supposed to help her get out, left her there. When she happens upon another countryman and he witnesses what they are doing, Shadow helps her escape. She can nev ...more
Cathy
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brutal opening. Poppy is resilient and resourceful. Whilst dark at its opening it soon settles into a much more gentle romance with Fraser Macphee a gentle alpha with a strong protective nature. Enjoyable read with lovely Scottish scenery descriptions and links to a MC series that I need to look at.
Jan
If you reached the end of Flick which is Beckett Hope aka Shadows story and wondered what happened to agent poppy, then here it is, every gritty detail of it.

Wow, what a story. Poppy suffered the most horrendous and torturous abuse, all for the sake of her country to then be left and betrayed by those she thought she could trust.

J. Hart

I first started the Black sentinel's Mc series and loved it, Poppy is a character who Shadow helps and rescues when he is on a mission before going back to the MC. If yo
Sarah Dale
Once this starts you are thrown in at the deep end with the darkness. The abuse Poppy received all in the name of her country is heartbreaking. The fact that her country then betrays her even more by leaving her there breaks you even more.

Finally she gains her freedom when she is rescued by Shadow, a member of the Black Sentinel's MC. The problem is though that she is can never go home so she ends up in the middle of nowhere in Scotland. She is pretty much on her own until a Biker nomad, Mac, is
Heather Ross
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic five star offering from this talented author.

This book started with a hell of a bang. The way it was written I felt totally immersed in the sights and smells of the world she was describing. The prose is rich in vivid detail which is so well researched that it feels real.

I could see every character in my mind as I read, as though they were standing right in front of me. Such is the talent of this amazing author that as you read, you’re transported from your living room right
Nikki
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I went into this book after the cover drew me in making me want to read it but I didn't realise that it had a connection to Victorias previous book Flick which I just read and loved a few days ago so I was instantly hooked into the story and didn't want to put it down.
Poppy is drawn into a life which she doesn't expect when starting a new job, she's lost, lonely and beyond having an soul destroying experience.
Shes running out of hope of everything getting back to her old life when one day she
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: triggers
5 Stars

Intense, shocking and heartbreaking. This book will have your jaw dropping within pages, and leave you feeling heartbroken for longer than you wish. There are definite trigger warnings in this book, mostly the first few chapters so those that can’t handle extreme violence of the physical and sexual nature, I recommend you pass. For me, though shocking, these situations were absolutely necessary to the development of this story. Penny gets a chance to start over, and meeting Mac, there is
Riah Pilling
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wild Poppy is a brutal and unapologetic story that capitavates and horrifies but also shows the power of hope. Penny is a multi dimensional character whos growth is a joy to see. The scenery is so vividly described that you could be forgiven for forgetting where you are in the real world.

The themes of religion and oppression were something I found to be particularly interesting. As someone who's childhood was surrounded by religious beliefs I really enjoyed this take and it was something that is
Kelly Kemmerly
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had a love-hate relationship with Wild Poppy because it made me think about some harsh realities while being mesmerized by Poppy’s unshakable drive to survive. Agent Poppy thought she was a pawn in a grand plan to trap the enemy, until it was crystal clear she was expendable.
Poppy faces her fate at the hands of a Shadow with only one decision to make.
Live or die trying....
Mac is helping his brother out by checking on the house guest. Once he can reassure him that all is secure, he can get ba
Kari Hansen
Sep 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Poppy was working undercover under the most dire of circumstances to serve and protect the country she loves, until she finds out she is a detriment both to her country and to people she is investigating. With death or something even worse in her imminent future another agent comes to her rescue but that means creating a new life for herself where no one knows who she is or her past.

Mac is her new neighbor and there is no denying the chemistry and connection between them. He is a man with secret
Victoria Hawkes
Series standalone
Pages 242
Rating 5stars

Review by Victoria hawkes for Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

Poppy makes a new life in the Scottish highlands after escaping death at the hands of her captors. Mac has his own secrets to deal with and he helps her to trust again. Can they forgive their pasts and give themselves a chance at happiness?

Where do I start this book sucks you in as soon as you start reading it. It’s has part where it’s emotional and w
Konny
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wild Poppy by this new to me author is a unique story, well written with characters to fall in love with, so what's not to like.
Poppy is an agent, serves her country proudly. When she gets a chance at a new life, a life in rural Scotland, she grabs it with both hands.
Her new neighbor makes her heart beat faster, but like often with mice and men, everything isn't as it seems.
Mac is a mystery man, complicated, a loner who keeps secrets. A fast paced read, suspenseful, unputdownable. I loved the st
M.B.
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read Flick a while ago, but I loved the connection Wild Poppy had to the books.
Reading about what Poppy went through before Shadow saved her life was harrowing, but it needed to be shown for the reader to understand her as a character and the choices she makes.
Mac is a great character and is the perfect buffer for Poppy. They both have their pasts and secrets, yet the connection between them goes beyond them.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt Johns did an amazing job with the subject mat
Kaye Springett
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited for this book after reading Flick and it didn’t disappoint. It had the right amount of grit at the start and then settles into the story of Penny & Mac . I loved that Mac had his own demons to deal with but was still able to keep Penny grounded most of the time . To get the best out of this book you need to read Flick first. All in all a great book great characters and a great story , loved it
Sue
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a dark and viciously brutal story of a woman who trusted her government employer to do the right thing, which was to protect her and support her while on a mission to gain intel on ISIS. This is my first Victoria Johns novel and while the storyline was troubling and graphic Ms. Johns’ writing ability has peaked my interest to read more from her starting with the Black Sentinels Series.
Sophie Blue
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Victoria is a new author to me and this blurb caught my attention straight away.

I don't want to give too much away as I truly believe you should go in blind to get the full experience.

What a captivating story that had me gasping and flicking pages as quickly as I could.

Beautifully written and wonderfully told. A story that will grip you from page one and never let go.
Angie
Jan 21, 2021
Chloe Louise
Sep 18, 2020

• The Triple Threat
  • Resist You (Resist Duet, #1; Unchained Attraction, #3)
  • The Spare - Part Two
  • I Wanna Get Laid by Kade
  • Unconventional Love
  • Rage (Royal Bastards MC: Little Rock, AR, #2)
  • The Stopover (Miles High Club, #1)
  • The Bribe (Calamity Montana #1)
  • Stand-In Saturday (Love For Days, #2)
  • Don't Kiss the Bride
  • Twisted Fate (Fortitude Memories, #1)
  • Resist Me (Resist Duet, #2; Unchained Attraction, #4)
  • Lost Boy
  • Refuge (Seaside Love #1)
  • Healing Storms