Start by marking “The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)” as Want to Read:
The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)

The Kiss

(Playboy Pact #1)

From Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling Author M. Robinson comes a new stand-alone romance with all the feels.

What happens when you make a pact with your boys to stay single and never fall in love?

Well, you get the Playboy Pact.

We were friends, her and I.
Best friends.
We had a system.
An understanding.
An u
Published February 16th 2021

Start your review of The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
This book was one I was highly anticipating as childhood friends to more are generally my kryptonite as they hold all the angsty feels I seek and crave and this author has always provided me with books and characters I've loved.

For this group of friends and the age group they fell under (early twenties) their banter which was always on the sexual topic more often than not became a wee bit too repetitive and a little bit immature for their ages. And because of this I felt like it took it away fr
BG
Reaction before reading

Screw me and turn me into a pancake! That's one hell of a way to excite me...a friends to lovers book by The M. Robinson. This going to be one angsty ride and I am so ready for it😋

Reaction after reading😐

Let me just gather the pieces of my frustrated and defeated heart. I've realized the more expectations you have from a book the more it lets you down.
So honestly what I was expecting was:
A cute shit romance where the hero suddenly starts having feelings for his best frien
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was ok
This was an ok, light read that was humerous at times.. But man, this just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was all the dick jokes -- no strike that, if WAS all the dick jokes. Look, they were funny at first, but nobody in this book could have a conversation without bringing up their dicks or tits. It was always something, and after a while I just became bored with it.

The relationship between Mia and Leo was kind of predictable too. As was the Cain situation.. Idk, i just didn't like Leo. He acted
Lily
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think M could pull a rom-com, but she aced it! I really enjoyed how much lighter from her usual angsty af stories this was. I loved Leo and Mila. Not to mention, I am very excited for Ashton, Cain, and Sawyer to get their own books! If you’re looking for a funny story with a touch of M’s usual “feels,” I highly suggest you give this a try!
Louisa
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Author M. Robinson is surely going to be on my list of ROM Com authors after this read!

This book was fantastic! M. Robinson has set the tone for this series in this book and OMG I can't wait to get to know the boys of the Playboy Pact. Can you fall in love with every boy in the pact? Is that possible?  I am going to give it a try!

The Playboy Pact between Leo, Ashton, Cain, and Sawyer is to NEVER fall in love and to never get married. This decision was made after Cain's parents divorced and the b
Zita
Feb 17, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Nope :(
Dnf - not even a question.
Childish.
The Magical World of Reading
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
WOW... with this book I definitely surpassed my previous record for the fastest read book ... I just could not put it down... This emotional story of an incredible friendship and youthful love nailed me to the pages from the very beginning…. I finished it in one sitting and I have no words to capture the enjoyment ...
Some things are a bit unusual and unique, but because of their rarity, they are the most precious, like a friendship between a boy and a girl, an incredible connection of two hearts
Ann (Literary Lust)
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t even get the chance to change my Goodreads status to ‘currently reading’ before I devoured this book in one sitting. Hooked from the very first chapter, there was no way I could put my kindle down. I absolutely loved everything about this story…. it’s a must read!!!

All the characters in this story, which is thankfully the first in this new series, are fabulous. There’s Leo, Ashton, Cain and Sawyer who make up an amazing group of best friends and create the Playboy Pact, and then there
Dee - Bookaholic Maniacs
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Kiss is definitely a bit different from the angsty books Monica writes. I loved this rom-com book. It had me laughing til I got tears and yes, parts of this book also pulled on my heartstrings.

Mila and Leo along with Cain, Ashton and Sawyer will have you laughing. You also feel the chemistry between Leo and Mila. In all, I recommend this book bc I know you will love it as much as I did. It is a must read.

I can’t wait for the next book in “The Playboy Pact” series. The Kiss is another great
Lucia Robles
Feb 18, 2021 rated it did not like it
I was excited to see the author of El Diablo (one of my faves mafia books) was venturing into the rom-com world and well this is not what I expected....

It was a cringe fest and a mess. They open their mouths and only corny things come out.
They were in their 20s but it felt like a bunch of 14yrs old who learn for the first time about the world of sex.
They only had two moods: getting drunk or talking about fucking. That was the whole storyline.

Leo realised he had feelings for her when he put her v
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

Angst Rating : 2/10

Heat Rating : 3/10

Triggers Involved : None

Plot Summary :
Leo and Mila have been best friends for years. Now years later , they are both as thick as thieves since their childhood. But things are changing all of a sudden. One sudden incident , takes Leo to notice that the girl in front of him is not his
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I adored this book. The sense of humour is fantastic and had me chuckling all day long. I had to sneak in my reading between other things because I was addicted. The writing is completely compelling and painted such a great picture that had me falling in love with every character.

Leo and his best friends, Ashton, Sawyer and Cain are comical and make for such good reading that it made me desperate to read their stories too. Leo is such an easy person to love and it was obvious that he was head ov
Em - Book Obsessed Emmy
She really did it.

M. Robinson actually created an angsty romcom and people...it’s magnificent!

Like, really good. Like read-it-in-one-day GOOD! I finished really fast and now I’m blaming myself because God forbid I ever savor a book and...this book...it deserves to be savored. (It’s okay...I’ll be rereading soon hahahaha.)

Leo is one of four best friend—best friends who once vowed that they would never ever fall in love. Creating the infamous Playboy Pact. (Jazz hands!)

But Leo has another frie
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
M. Robinson's 1st go at Rom-Com is as Hilarious as they come! It's Fast-paced, lots of angst, Swoons, Feels & Romantic❤ with a HEA.
I Adored Leo & Mila, along with his Friends! Read this in 4hrs over a few days, As I felt to read it in slowly😂.

Leo, Cain, Sawyer, Ashton are Besties & Mila is Leo's person. Mila & Leo had the bond that's so rare. All 5 have grown up together. At 16, When Cain's parents got divorced, Leo & the guys made the Playboy Pact. All Guys have different personalities but one
Ashley Hampton
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
***Empty your bladder before reading or I guarantee you will pee your pants.... like me smh!

It only took me four paragraphs in, to realize that this book was going to take over my whole being.
So with giddiness that I haven't had in I couldn't tell you how long, I wrote my reactions down in real time, and now I am putting 'them' fingers to keyboard to get my feelings down.

I do not want to say I was necessarily nervous when I learned The Kiss was going to be M. Robinsons first Rom-Com, but I felt
PP's Bookshelf
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Title of this book should have been "The Queen of Angst turns into the Queen of Rom Com." Because that is exactly what The Kiss by M. Robinson. An perfectly swoony, adorable and super funny friends to lovers romance. She sure delivers all the feels. All the sweet, heartwarming and cute feels. All the dreamy and aching feels. I AM OBSESSED.

Leo and Mila has been the best friends forever. Everyone thinks there is something going on between them. Everyone including Leo's other friends. Leo has m
Leeann Van Rensburg
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Rom-Com from the Queen Of Angst and she didn't disappoint. Author M.Robinson loves getting our tears in her angst books, well she got my tears in this rom-com.

The banter between these four guys is hilarious, these guys are a riot once they all get together. I can't wait to see how all their stories develop.

The Kiss is about 2 best friends falling in love. Leo and Mila are bestfriends since baby and they have each other's back always. Their easy nature around each other is everything. Everythi
I am so excited to tell you about The Kiss! This is different from her usual trope with some conflict and a lot of laughs. It is light, sexy, funny, witty, and just what I needed.

It is a coming-of-age, funny, friends-to-lovers rom-com. M. Robinson had me laughing out loud at the antics of some of these characters. Each of the characters is real and relatable. I loved this tight-knit group of friends and their camaraderie. I loved watching the way Leo and Mila's relationship evolved from best fr
JESSI ☾
The Kiss is a complete change of pace for author M. Robinson, where her other work is usually dark and twisted this was on the lighter side of things. She tried a romcom and she nailed it!! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard from a book. Yes, there were dick jokes, yes there were a lot of innuendos but that is what it made it funny. For someone like me who has a tender heart when it comes to books this story this is exactly what I needed as a pick me up. Before you read this go in knowing t ...more
Anne OK
Coulda, shoulda and woulda been a really cute best friends to lovers romance with a great cast of back up male characters if there had been a story. And where were Lala's girl friends? She only hung with the guys. She seemed to fit right in with the frat boy behavior. I didn't really feel much for her -- other than at times thought she was a big tease.

Instead, what you get is a bunch of immature guys and one girl who spouted nothing but crude and rude sexual innuendos and gutter talk on a non-st
Ren
Feb 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 1-star
⭐️-Childish-Star.

I have wondered, throughout all of the books I’ve read, how can a character be done so poorly that I’d dnf a book only 15% into it.
Spoiler alert: These characters made me dnf this book only 12% into M. Robinson’s newest release.

The first thing that catched my eye was the typo in the dedication, which I saw before coming into the book through the author’s Instagram post. You can call me picky but I am an English major and there are some things that I just can’t get throug
Angela  Wilson
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was ok
Too many "dick " and "tit" jokes for my tastes. Young people today are much, much more sophisticated than what I just read. The main characters were too immature and never grew up. This was supposed to be a rom-com,but it didn't stay funny for long. ...more
Elle's Book Blog
My Rating: 4 stars
Genre Best Friends to Lovers Romance

I’ve been reading M. Robinson’s novels for a few years now and have enjoyed the heck out of them! When she announced she was writing a romcom (she’s known for her angstier reads) I was ecstatic! For one, romantic comedies are my favorite types of books to read and for another, M. Robinson is one of my favorite authors . So, when you put both of these together you know you’re in for a ton of fun! Was I wrong in my assumption? Nope! I enjo
Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic
Being a lover of M's books and this being an anticipated read for me I wasn't sure what to expect but loving that she was taking a leap into something different.....romcom. Unfortunately, for me it was a Iike and not a love.

I started this book enjoying the story and the witty banter but it gradually got to a point where I felt the immature sexual banter became too much that it took over the story. I did enjoy the bond of friendship these characters had and the lengths they went to for their frie
Sharon
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story about two people, Mila and Leo, who have been besties since they were born. She has always been his wingman, helping him pick up girls, and he always helped her hookup with guys. That's just the way they roll.
When push comes to shove, will Leo make the move he so longs to make, without ruining their close friendship?

This was a cute story, I really enjoyed it! Looking forward to reading more in this series! 5 stars for this one!
Dawn Walsh
Just what I needed

M Robinson is known as The Queen of Angst, after devouring The Kiss she is The Queen of the Rom Com. The Kiss is the story of Leo and Mila, who are best friends. When Leo is 16 he makes the Playboy Pact with his guys best friends that they will never fall in love. All is well until things start to change with Leo and Mila. Robinson does an extraordinary job in telling their story. There are so many moments where I laughed until I cried. Definitely, one of my favorite book of th
Kim Whitehead
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! M. Robinson brings us The Kiss, which is the first series in The Playboy Pact. The bantering back an forth had me giggling! Two head strong people who eventually give in to their desires! Best friends turned lovers! The resistance! And to top it off, a glance of what’s to come next, has me overly excited!
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***3 "I. Was. Fucked." stars***

OUT NOW!

"We're going to make a pact to stay single and never fall in love."

I'm struggling over two days of how I'm going to proceed with his review...
The truth is that I love M. Robinson's books... She have written some amazing stories that are still living with me, but this certain story didn't remind the good ol' Monica that we all know and love...
Or maybe it reminded me a little bit of "Complicate me" but on its worst version!!!
Pff.... I'm really, really
Ness
Feb 16, 2021 rated it did not like it
1 Heart 🥴

0% into this book: I’m going to try not to DNF this one, but I make no promises.

55% into this book: Thank God I made no promises, ‘cause I couldn’t keep this one even if my life depended on it.

I’m pretty sure this was supposed to be a romcom, but I didn’t laugh a single time, not even a giggle, absolutely nothing.

Plot: what plot?/5
Hero: 0.5/5
Heroine: 1/5
Chemistry: 0/5
Writing: 2/5

I was really excited for this book and it let me down, avalanche type kind of down.

These characters were
Ellie A.
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Queen of Angst really did it!! Never thought I would be reading a RomCom from this author. 💕 And she knocked it out of the park like I knew she would. 🤩

Leo and Mila have been friends since birth. But he also has his three guy best friends ( Ashton, Cain and Sawyer). The banter between this group is hilarious. But the one that really has me cracking up is Mila with her quick comebacks to all the boys. 😜

One of our guys has a life changing situation going on with his family while in high schoo
Turning Pages At ...: The Kiss (Playboy Pact #1) by M. Robinson 5 14 Feb 28, 2021 12:17PM

• I Promise You
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Dark (Dangerous Web, #2)
  • The Emperor (Dark Verse, #3)
  • Hold the Forevers
  • Little Lies
  • This Much is True
  • The Christmas Con: A Novella
  • Return to Us
  • How to Save a Life
  • Bound By Blood Anthology (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7.5)
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)
  • Leave Him Loved
  • A Lady's Formula for Love (The Secret Scientists of London, #1)
  • Much Ado About You
  • Swoony Billionaire: The Kline Brooks Collection
M. Robinson is the Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling Author crowned as the “Queen of Angst” by readers around the world. Dive into her visionary world that will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions and leave you wanting more. She writes everything from contemporary to suspense romance and is best known for her novel, El Diablo.

When M isn’t in the cave writing her next epic love s

Playboy Pact (4 books)
  • The Fling (Playboy Pact, #2)
  • The Catch (Playboy Pact, #3)
  • The Lover (Playboy Pact, #4)

News & Interviews