Start by marking “The Silencer” as Want to Read:
The Silencer

The Silencer

USA Today bestselling author RC Boldt brings us an unforgettable tale of betrayal, vengeance, and redemption in her new romantic thriller, THE SILENCER...

No one wants to admit that sometimes only evil can extinguish other evil.

Each time I drain the life from their bodies, I inch closer to purging my past.

Then a by-the-book FBI agent—one as astute as he is handsome—threa
Published May 18th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Silencer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silencer

Start your review of The Silencer
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g 90ca45e7e7c6ddfa7f3d6d91a5f154bd-1-3-2
THE SILENCER: Is a stand-alone full length gritty romantic suspense book. Spoken in 'Dual perspectives.'

🎵 𝐇𝐮𝐬𝐡, 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐲.
𝐈’𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐢𝐞. 🎵

As I skipped towards the grittiness I knew this book would throw at me, I literally cringed at the shear volume of this book, but it’s well worth every single second, minute, hours I took to read this because once you start you can't put it down.

At the age of sixteen when our heroines grandmother died her world
K
May 04, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No one can truly grasp the concept of evil until they’ve experienced it firsthand. You might be horrified after hearing someone else’s story, but it’s not the same.
Living a nightmare is far different than simply reading or hearing about it.

i write…whatever this is…with a physically heavy and palpitating heart and with a slightly throbbing brain, for a book that’s been with me, alternating between living at the back and the forefront of my mind, for twelve days. a book that both ruined me and
Mareeva
May 21, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who isn't a stingy asshole like me
2 stars

Buddy read with our queen of everything bloody - TJ

This book started out with a father telling his son a bedtime story about his murderous mother.

With a prologue like that, I was so sure I’d like this, but it only got progressively worse.

‼SPOILERS‼

THE CHARACTERS

Kennedy:
💉 Never smiles or laughs
💉Kills pedophiles in her spare time
💉Out for revenge
💉A renowned forensic anthropologist
💉A victim of child prostitution
💉Kidnaps kids (still no idea how she so easily got away with that but okay)

Lan
TJ ☾
May 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
if 'epstein didn't kill himself' was a romance/thriller book, it would be this one right here. and quite frankly i love that 😌

~🔮but that's about the only thing i loved🔮~

buddy read w my partner in crime anna. i'm too lazy to thoroughly review when i already know i'll agree w everything she'll say in hers, so pop on over there cause whatever she ends up saying, she right!
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
I do bad things for very good reasons. Because some people need saving and some need killing. I do both.

Wow. Just wow. This book...wow. It caught me completely unaware and hit me over the head like a two by four full of emotion and depth. I'm absolutely blown away.

Now I will say, as a survivor, this story hit a bit different for myself. It dealt with an incredibly dark and difficult subject matter and was handled absolutely flawlessly. Reading about an elite ring of pedophilia
Dora Koutsoukou
3,5 ❤️🖤🖤🌟s❗️

A great dark suspenseful romance read.

Kennedy was sexually abused since she was 12 y.o. and was able to escape five years later.
At the age of 28 y.o. she had studied forensic anthropology and had made a name for herself in the US, had been exceptionally trained, and her ultimate goal was to inflict pain and suffering on those who play a role in the depraved abuse on the innocent.

Landon, an FBI agent, was assigned to work together with Kennedy and oversee an investigation where the
♡tanaz♡
2.5-2.75 stars

if i read this before The Mindf*ck Series (because anytime i read about an FBI agent my brain can't help but compare them to logan bennet and landon lattimer sweetie you just can't compare) i would've liked it a lot more than i actually did.

but the pacing was off, i needed more information on kennedys story, i felt like her journey was just told and not shown and there was a lack of relationship building with her and landon. insta-lust wasn't an issue but i just wanted more moment
Natasha
May 19, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5🌟

You know when you're reading a book and you're so into it that you don't want to finish it but want to know that happens in the end?😭😭
Yeah me neither😩

"This is my journey. My mission.
      My fucking cross to bear.
      Some might say I’m the monster—that I’m the evil one. But it’s all in perspective.
      I do both."

I have a new favourite h and her name is Dr. Kennedy Alexandre. She is
Carla Bulian
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Being open and actually listening to someone else’s idea is a part of growth. “You might disagree with it, and that’s okay. We’re human, and we all have different ideas. Being respectful of them is what people often forget to do.”
I knew it! I loved this story, it was so heartbreaking and beautiful.
The characters were perfect! Everything was perfect!
YES! It’s worth the reading!
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

Edit To Come

I've finished this book last weekend, but I was so immersed on Kennedy's story, that I thought it was best to wait a couple of days to write a review without spoilers, because yeah... I wanted to spill all the beans! 😂

I still don't know what to say without giving too much, so I'll be short.

My first impression with the blurb was that this book would be something like Mindfuck series, and since Lana is one of my favorite female character ever, I was super excited to read The S
M
May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review -

This book was really good, but I had to take my time with the words and pace my heart. There are some sensitive topics so be aware before diving head first into the book. It damn near broke my heart. Page by page found it being mended back together though.

If you're brave enough - you'll be immersed in a dark and dirty world of vile corruption, secrets and lies and actions. It's also a story full of survival, redemption, jus
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

"Sometimes, it takes becoming a monster in order to kill one".

R.C Boldt never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the depth of her writing. Every detail, every plot is well thought out in her eyes and then she gives it to her readers so we can indulge. The Silencer takes on a more darker and sensitive theme than her previous stories and even though this wasn't my all time favorite read from this author, I still loved that she took on a story like this and made us listen.

Dr. Kennedy Alexan
Lucía
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Hush, little monster, don’t you cry. I’m gonna make sure you will die.”

Since reading the Mindfuck series (which if you haven’t what are you waiting for?), I’ve been wanting to read something that had a similar feel, and this was exactly it.

Kennedy is a victim of years of abuse and pedophilia. She manages to escape her perpetrators and spents years focusing on revenge. She will avenge herself and every little kid with the help of justice or without it.
In one of the cases she is helping with, La
*V* (Bookish.Gusto)
I can describe this book with one word. Boring.

1) Everything was fine...the Hero was a mushy-hearted FBI agent and the heroine was a vigilante serial killer. The heroine took proper forensic countermeasures...so she's pretty smart and well trained and this book had been written after good research. But that was the thing....everything was FINE, methodical and calculated. There were no highs and lows. 😫

2)There was also no chemistry between Landon and Kennedy. It was "hot animal sex, I am lusty f
Dilek VT
Jul 29, 2021 marked it as not-interested
I've read Mindf*ck series, which were awesome and this book sounds like one with a similar topic.
I am sure if I read this book, I will compare them all the time and I don't think any book will come close to the Mindf*ck series. I believe I have already read the best, so why bother...?
SimplyƝì₭
This was such a wild mental trip. Read this book if you have a strong stomach, haven't read spoilers and want an erotic trip. I have never read her before but it was brutal , epic and just a page turner. It will spook you in places. ...more
Anne OK
Jun 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads

NOTE: Full review added on July 7, 2021.

A twisty, edge-of-your-seat romantic thriller . . . to say much more would ruin the sheer anticipation of all that is ferociously good in this succinct thriller that begs to be read in one sitting.

There’s a solid book blurb that offers readers enough of a peek into this book that will either send them directly to the one-click button or running in the opposite direction.

Let me preface my next comments by saying that I’m certainly no advocate for murder – e
Kahea
***5 ‘Skirting the Line’ Stars***

What a ride!

This book definitely kept me on my toes.

It’s intense and, I’ll admit, there were situations that were hard to deal with. I can handle and process most things that are triggering, but...whoa. Things get heavy here.

But, outside of that. This was a great read. It hit all the right buttons for me in all kinds of ways.

First and foremost. Kennedy is all kinds of amazing. What she went through had me getting all kinds of ragey even as my heart broke for
Alina
If ya'll read the MINDf*CK series, you will LOVE this!

But huge warning: This has so many sexual assault triggers, so please be careful about that.

This is a story about a woman who had a horrible upbringing but like a mf phoenix rose from the ashes and brought vengeance. My kind of gal LOL
Michele McMullen
Jul 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
RC Boldt has given us another fabulous story filled with romance, suspense and a side of revenge.
Kennedy Alexandre is a woman that could have been beaten down by her past but she has taken on a different role. She is a forensic anthropologist that has made it her life's work to help the innocent and take down the people causing harm. She is a woman on a mission to even the score and revenge is her specialty. Take down the people that hurt the innocent.
Landon Lattimer is a man that has made his
KeelyReadsRomance
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is amazing romantic suspense! I love conspiracy theories and this story featured an elite ring of corrupt DC politicians, secret identities, scandals, and sinister dark secrets. I love that the heroine survived and recovered as best she could from her horrific childhood. Kennedy Alexandre is a dark Angel, exacting revenge for herself while also saving those who can’t save themselves. It’s truly heartbreaking that this stuff happens in the real world. Landon Lattimer is perfect for Kennedy, ...more
Manoela
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

In The Silencer, author RC Boldt addresses a delicate theme wrapped in a plot of revenge, redemption, addressing the flaws of the justice system and showing us that sometimes the circumstances of life make the lines between right and wrong blend. It was a book that I found myself intrigued from the first line.

I loved this story, and although it is not an easy read and in some moments I have to take a deep breath to continue I think that the author knew how to mix the plot of revenge t
Sh
”What he doesn’t realize is, his hourglass is about to be drained of all sand.
And I’m the motherfucking timekeeper.

They’ll know a reckoning is coming for them.
I’m coming for them.
It’s time to silence them once and for all.
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
"Hush, little monster, don’t you cry. I’m gonna make sure you will die."
*****
Rating: 5 stars
Steam: 3 flames
Genre: Revenge / Romantic Thriller
*****
The Silencer is a romantic thriller, with a story so heavy it often feels like it is too much to bear. But with each press of Kennedy's thumb, I gained a little piece of my heart back. There are significant triggers in this book

This book broke my heart, it flayed me open, it made me hate humanity, and it made me cheer for a vigilante doling out justic
Siobhan
May 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
I’m always eager to dive into a new R.C. Boldt read, and The Silencer was no different. As soon as I started this one, I could not put it down. It was a story that had me hooked, eager to see how all the pieces came together.

I’ll be completely honest and say this one did take a while to grab me completely. I was certainly curious about the storyline and what would happen, but it took a bit of time before I felt the connect and emotion that the story required. Once it was there, however, I could
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
..Not everything is so easily cut and dried when it comes to the battle between good and evil.

Holy crap! RC Boldt, what did I just read?!
Major warnings as the subject matter may be very sensitive to some.

This story was one of darkness, vengeance and redemption. I didn't know what to expect when jumping into this book and while the content was dark, it was a pleasure to watch a kickass female do what she needed to do to survive and then protect those that she felt strongly about. I cannot sing
booksandbubbs
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"You will eliminate harmful beasts from the land, and no enemies shall pass through."

OMG, this book absolutely wrecked me in the best possible way. One of my top reads of the year, the Silence is romantic suspense as it's very best as it takes us on a roller coaster thrill ride and left me on the edge of my seat wanting more. Kennedy was one of the strongest female heroines that I've ever read and her story made me ugly cry multiple times as she pulled at my heartstrings over and over again. And
Ana Manjić
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
"Hush, little monster, don’t you cry. I’m gonna make sure you will die."

F45-A5763-FD11-4298-BB39-B87237-E33-CEA

A detective who fights the system if necessary to put away pedophiles where they belong.
A female killer who kills pedophiles who once caused her so much pain and evil and is her only mission in life - in addition to trying to save as many children as possible from the hands of evil.
A romance between two people who are on opposite sides of the law and a happy ending.

I have to admit I expected a lot more from this story.
I
Jenifer Briggs
May 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Thieves of innocence are like cockroaches. There's never just one. They slither and skitter, spreading their filth to everything they touch. I make a silent vow that once I gain enough knowledge and experience, I'll extinguish these motherfuckers once and for all. I'll make sure they feel degraded and helpless. Tortured. Devoid of humanity. Devoid of worth. Everything they made me feel, time and again. I'll come for them and I won't stop until every last one has paid for their sins. With their ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5+ STARS #1 BOOK OF THE YEAR!! Holy Smokes this book just jumped into my #1 spot of the year. I read this book in one day and I never wanted it to end. The story is tough, but written so well and suspenseful you can't put it down. Kennedy and Landon will take you on the ride of your life, so buckle up and get ready. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Some Like It Hot!: The Silencer by R.C. Boldt 1 6 May 19, 2021 09:11AM

• When Darkness Ends (Moments In Boston, #3)
  • Royal Line (Tattered Royals, #1)
  • Dark Queen
  • Broken Hearts
  • Into Temptation (Deliver Us from Evil, #2)
  • For Lucy
  • Lessons in Sin
  • Celebrity Dirt
  • Net Worth (Wealth #1)
  • When Heroes Fall (Anti-Heroes in Love, #1)
  • Wild North (The North Brothers, #1)
  • Kiss Me (Love The Way, #1)
  • Mine to Guard (Protection #3)
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • The Lawyer (The Dalton Brothers, # 1)
  • From the Embers
  • The Sinner
  • The Brazen (Calamity Montana, #3)
See top shelves…
RC Boldt is a USA Today bestselling author currently living in part of the Costa Rican jungle with the love of her life and her mini-me.
If you're in the mood for some killer homemade mojitos or can't recall the lyrics to a particular 80's song, she's your girl.

**PLEASE NOTE**

RC is not regularly active on Goodreads but if you're looking for updated release dates and book information, please check