Start by marking “Devotion: Isn't What it Seems” as Want to Read:
Devotion: Isn't What it Seems

Devotion: Isn't What it Seems

I was broken, just waiting for death to end my pain.

Till the day I saw Lachlan's face...mirror image of my dead husband.

Something woke up inside me. He was strong, determined and so full of life.

Will he bring me back to life or be my final straw?
Kindle Edition
Published October 16th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Devotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devotion

Start your review of Devotion: Isn't What it Seems
Jenifer Briggs
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such an emotional book. So emotional that I felt so drained once I finished, but I immediately wanted to go back and read it again.

I was captivated from the very first page -- Eve is drowning in guilt, grief, regret and heartbreak, and all of her emotions felt so tangible that I felt like *I* was going through what she experienced. I wanted to scoop her and shield her from anymore pain she would experience. I connected with this woman something fierce, and I loved seeing how strong she
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Devotion was totally a beauty for the ashes type of story, and man it tried to wreck me completely. Eve is drowning in guilt and loss which came off very realistic, not to mention, her pain was legit palpable as she was trying to find purpose. It wasn't an easy journey of healing because in real life, there's nothing easy about what she's going through, but luckily for her, she's going to come across a man named Lachlan, who becomes her friend. As they got to know each other, it was plain to see ...more
Ariel
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved how deep this story went with Eve’s loss and personal struggle to find her purpose and will to live while still holding on to so much guilt and pain.
Her journey is heartbreaking and at times it was like she took 2 steps forward just to only take 3 steps back but when she meets Lachlan, her life slowly starts to change for the better and little by little she starts to finds herself again.

Lachlan was everything and more as the Alpha Hero in this book. The unconditional support and encourag
Tamara
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m new to this author found her from one of fan pages of another author, I am happy that I found her though, she writes books that just suck you in and then you realise the book is over, I cried during this story it made you feel the characters. Hope we get the sisters (Lachlan’s ) next to see what her story is.
Rob
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The book is heart wrenching at the beginning. Sad and it could make you cry. But ending is totally worth it!
DirtyMomsBookClub
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eve had just moved to Scotland to get away from her past. Her sister helped find a new menial job to keep her mind active. Of course she got bored fast and asked for extra work, with her past experience this landed her in the eyes of the CEO and boy was he interested in more than her brain! Lachlan had one fault, he resembled Eve’s dead husband. Could she over come her past and move on to the future? Or would she always see her dead husband in Lachlan’s face? This book took me by surprise! The a ...more
S.R. Rae  Sawyer
Devotion by Eva winners

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
If you are triggered at all by Suicide please be advised that this book might trigger you.

Devotion by @evawinners has captivated me from the beginning. You can really feel every rip and tug of eve’s emotions. From the very first chapter Eva Winners has completely pulled you in. I laughed, I cried, I swooned!

I really felt like this story was happening to me with how this story is written. I love the emotion in it!

I really felt for every characte
Samantha Evans
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another good book by this author! LOVED the cover, and it was interesting all throughout the book! All Eve wanted was to start all over again after losing so much! Thinking all can go well until.......she sees her dead husband? Reading that in the book I was like wait? What? In the end, it was so heartbreaking, and I was crying. I will not say anything else because this book was a masterpiece. I recommend this author all the way!
Bookthief
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one was a Heartbreaker. But it was so good watching Eve come from a devastating tragedy in her life to finding Lachlan. He is sexy, debonair, rich (his has several castles in Scotland). And, he looked Ike Eve's husband at first. As she got to know him, she saw the differences in him and let him in. This is a highly emotional love story between two people finding themselves and love. I not only feel in love with these characters, but Scotland as well.
Susan Hutchinson
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Regaining her life

Eve has lost everything...until she meets Lachlan. With him, she slowly rebuilds her life from the ashes of tragedy. Winners characterization of Eve’s climb out of depression and into a self-assured, strong woman is spot on and her depiction of the strong, gorgeous highlander is romance gold. Great book.
Christine Stephens
From Tragedy to Love

This book had the feels. It gives the meaning rising from the ashes. Eve suffered loss and moved to another country to start over. Could Lachlan free her heart and show her love concurs all or will Eve not be able to let go of the past and guilt to take what Lachlan is offering? This is a must read.
Ritu
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Eve suffers a personal tragedy. She meets Lachlan, who resembles her deceased husband. Their love grows fast, but is hindered by secrets of the past. Love this book so much!

Mindy Giroux Durocher
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I won this book and I have to say I'm so happy I did. This was a new author for me. it's such a good read. The story line is amazing it's funny and serious I laughed and cried.
crystal smith
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yummy

I loved ♥ ❤ this book so much. The ups and downs the intensity. It kept me on the edge of my seat. If u loved Scotland this book is 4 u
Tash Foster
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book!!! Couldn’t put it down. Highly recommend.
Nadine Ferguson
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome read... high recommend. I don’t want to give anything away, do yourself a favour and read this book, I couldn’t put it down!!!
Cali Gals
Jessica
Sep 15, 2020

• Merged with him
  • Shallow River
  • Crushed: A Dark Billionaire Romance (The Dahlia District, #3)
  • Beautiful Lies
  • Kate (Madison Kate, #4)
  • Detonation (Darkness Rising, #2)
  • Lyrical (Academy of Stardom, #2)
  • Aiden's Awakening (The Midnight Hour, #1)
  • Shaken (Twisted Fox, #2)
  • Hanna and the Hitman (Alien Abduction #7)
  • Game Changer (#UofJ, #2)
  • The Secret Son (The Land of the Four #3)
  • Stuck-Up Big Shot (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Better than the Book (Charitable Endeavors #4)
  • Limitless: Jace & Alex (Less Than Zero, #2)
  • A Lesson in Blackmail (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Doctor Desirable (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Name of Gold (Not So Evil, #7)

News & Interviews