Start by marking “The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness” as Want to Read:
The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness

The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  18,461 ratings  ·  2,002 reviews

So what are these skills, and how do we learn them? What are the principles that should guide our efforts? What does progress really look like?

Naval Ravikant is an entrepreneur, philosopher
Published August 15th 2020 by Magrathea Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Almanack of Naval Ravikant, please sign up.
Soul Hey Chirag, irrespective of what you've been exposed to in terms of reading - this book will definitely help you in all 3 major areas of your life.

Sin…more

Since the original book is free to download; I would highly recommend you reading this. I am hardly 20% in the book and already seeing my rationale change.

to be really honest though, this book is way to distilled and you will have to come up with your own examples to consume this so that it all makes sense; seeing you at 17 and already switching from self help to business it won't be that difficult.(less)

·  18,461 ratings  ·  2,002 reviews

Start your review of The Almanack of Naval Ravikant: A Guide to Wealth and Happiness
Zachariah Lewis
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe how great this book is. I was familiar with Naval through Tools of Titans, but reading this showed that he is so much more than a few pages - no matter how well written - can capture.

This book is bound to be a classic, and the fact that Eric and Naval collaborated to release this for FREE, is amazing.

For more social proof, Tim Ferriss even broke his iron rule of No Forewords to write the foreword to this book.

There is no excuse for not picking this book up. There is something
Atharva
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
(The free version of this book is available online in pdf, mobi and epub file format).

This might just be the best book I've read this year.

Self-help as a genre is rightly derided these days,but this is more than that, it's pure wisdom.

This book is a compilation of some of the best tweets by Naval Ravikant, including the famous 'How to get rich' tweetstorm from 2018, and includes extra commentary from Naval. He explains his ideas and the reasoning behind them in simple,lucid text and lays out his
Krzysztof
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The content of this book is pure gold, 5 out of 5. I have some issues with editing and organizing the Naval's insights. I feel like it could've been much easier to read if there was more effort put into connecting and ordering them right.

Web-version is full of typos, errors, and repetitions. Ebook versions seem to be a bit better (I switched half-way). Still, for every format, the structure of the book is chaotic and often feels disconnected. I know it is not supposed to be read back to back, bu
Prakash
Nov 16, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I will tell you an anecdote before going into the review. In India, IITs are the premier technical institutions with around 1% acceptance rate and .1% for the top 1000 ranks. Kids can become minor celebrities in their circles just by clearing the exam - which is no easy feat. With launch of Quora, I came across several such cringey questions related to people who got into IIT. They hadn't achieved a lot in life till then.

Coming to the book, Naval Ravikant seems like a person who has made it. He
Jeremias
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
From the broad category of "business/life self help" I feel this book is not very helpful. Naval has obviously made it, most the book is kind of jerking off to that. The practical content of the book is common sense: excercise, value your time, don't be asshole, collect wealth and so on.

The most useful part is the book recommendation list at the end.
Tanu
"Getting rich is not just about luck; happiness is not just a trait we are born with. These aspirations may seem out of reach, but building wealth and being happy are skills we can learn."

This is the "the-sooner-you-read-the-better" kind of book. The meaning of Almanack here is the diary.

My Five Big Takeaways are :

1. Understand how to create wealth
2. Build judgment
3. Learn the skills of decision making
4. Learn to love to read
5. Understand happiness is a choice

The best part is Naval has prov
Sebastian Gebski
I'm not going to b*shit you, the life's philosophy of NR resonates with me a lot. Like 99% of cases. This book is nothing more or less, but the essence of this philosophy.

Don't get me wrong - it's far less unique than one could think about: there are pieces of stoicism, entrepreneurial approach to the career, healthy approach to balance (in life, in general), praise for essentialism, etc. But Ravikant is a true master in getting to the point: expressing the quintessence of what he means in an ex
Chitrak gangrade
If you have been following Naval for the last year or so, there is nothing new here. All the concepts, once very novel and insightful, have been paraded enough on tech twitter with 100s of blogs and tweetstorms. If you are someone who has been remotely in this space and has been following content of shane parish, tim ferris et al, you have probably read all of this in some form of the other.

If not, you can find a lot of good content here. Try the free pdf, if it works for you, maybe go for it t
Sanchari Chaudhuri
The thought that such a mind exists, and we can know about it, learn from it, grow from it: absolutely brilliant.

Important takeaways (for me, for now)

1. Health is key. Physical, mental, spiritual.
2. Anger may or may not serve others, but definitely disserves you.
3. Read, read, read. "Reading (learning) is the ultimate meta-skill and can be traded for anything else." Also reread. A 100 reread books is better than a 1000 "just read" ones.
4. Focus on one - then nurture & perfect.
5. The journey
Justin Young
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
For a 200+ page book, I took quite a while. I guess the best reason I have for this delay can be explained through Naval Ravikant's own words:

"Reading a book isn't a race—the better the book, the more slowly it should be absorbed."

Clearly, this was one of the "better" ones. With each page enlightening me with new insights, whether on wealth, business, meditation, or philosophy, my mind was left in awe at the amount of wisdom this guy has.

Aside from being a great businessman, investor, and decisi
Reading_ Tamishly
Mar 30, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genre: Nonfiction/self help, business

Main themes:
☑️wealth
☑️happiness

Note: the book talks about Naval Ravikant but from someone else’s perspective on the habits, likes and book recommendations of the said personality

I needed a better clear perspective and I feel the presentation of the book could have been much better

Not for the beginners and occasional readers though it is easy to read

A good book if you are looking for motivation and a little pick me up when you are feeling low

Tip: Do not wor
Pablo María Fernández
Paraphrasing Charlie Munger's book title set a high bar. Naval Ravikant is one of the most lucid thinkers of Silicon Valley and I really enjoy reading his tweets and listening to him in interviews (the one with Tim Ferriss is a good example). But this is not a traditional book because he didn’t write it but it’s a compilation of his work made by Eric Jorgenson and illustrated by Jack Butcher. I follow them on Twitter from before and like their work so I was really interested in learning which wa ...more
Ali Vira
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No doubt there are some nuggets of wisdom in here. They are, unfortunately, surrounded by dense forests of platitudes and broetry-like aphorisms that render the text hard for me to enjoy. The book describes a sense of self determinism that I feel resonates well with much of the audience, but to me it seems to come across more like the age-old boomer cry "if I could do it why can't you". That is in fact, how he starts out the book "you could strip away all my wealth and I could probably get it ba ...more
Nadia Zhuk
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this book. So much wisdom and good old common sense, all distilled from Naval's interviews, blog posts and tweet storms.

A perfect gift for someone young, a book like this can transform the whole trajectory of someone's life in a meaningful way.

I'm glad I read it now. I wish I read it much earlier.
Ananya Ghosh
(My initial rating of the book was 4/5, but the fact that I could receive the information condensed in a book format and for free from navalmanack.com , has compelled me to increase the rating to 5)
The Almanack of Naval Ravikant is a collection of Naval’s famous tweetstorms, podcasts and interviews. Naval Ravikant is an entrepreneur and venture capitalist (Twitter, Uber, Clubhouse are some of the companies where he has been the early-stage investor)

The book is divided into two sections: Wealth a
Timo
Mar 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is simply brilliant!

All of Naval's greatest wisdom compiled into one book. Naval has the outstanding skill of explaining complex skills in a very easy way. Probably because as he says himself, he focuses on the basics and really tries to understand everything at a very fundamental level.

I absolutely loved this book and will definitely re-read it in the future!
Bartosz Majewski
Insightful, short, actionable, deep. Has Jack's Butcher work in it. Reccomend it. ...more
Nilesh Suthar
Sep 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoever you are, you'll feel a change within yourself after reading this. For me, that's the biggest complement any art piece could receive. We must be grateful to Naval for sharing his wisdom in public domain. It's truly one of its kind. Read it to get some clarity in life. ...more
Smriti Jha
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gem in hiding.

I read Naval's tweets once, on 'Meditation-The art of doing nothing' & was moved. So when I stumbled upon this book I was already sold to give it a shot.

Naval talks about things from the granular level. He covers the entire recipe of our existence: happiness, wealth, philosophy & saving our own selves. He reasons every action (for how things revolve in our world) and suggestion.
I am in awe.
Nazr•A
I loved this book. It felt as if I were having tea with Naval.
We exchanged pleasantries, and he imparted wisdom.
Rishabh Srivastava
Phenomenal book. Had some repetition, but generally a short and impactful read packed with principled advice.

My biggest takeaways:

A. Approach to building wealth
1. Pick an industry where you can play long-term games with long-term people.

2. Play iterated games. All the returns in life, whether in wealth, relationships, or knowledge, come from compound interest.

3. Figure out the point of maximum leverage to actually create wealth and capture some of that created wealth.

4. Learn to sell. Learn to b
Milan
Jul 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, tn
This is compilation of some of the pithy and wise quotations from Naval Ravikant. He talks about life, learning, work, success, happiness, reading, valuing time, etc. among other things. If someone has been following Naval for some time on Twitter and listening to his podcasts, there is nothing new here. For those new to Naval, this is a very good starting point, though a lot has been left out of this book. He is a great thinker and an entrepreneur, may be techno-philosopher is the right word. I ...more
Vivek
Jan 10, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hooter: A compilation of Angel Investor Naval Ravikant's tweets and insights on wealth creation and personal happiness.

For starters, wealth and happiness are two sections in this book and not intertwined incase someone thought the same based on the title. That said because it is a compilation and not a self written book, the biggest plus this book has it goes away from "My perspective of the world is awesome hence I am successful and you should see how I did well through that perspective" compl
Nikhil Saha
Feb 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book started off as pretty boring- usual self help book kinda stuff. But then I quickly picked up- chapters on wealth creation, finding happiness, learning are superb. Definitely worth a read and worth some good takeaways.
Rohit Tandekar
Oct 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You first discover Naval on Twitter, then progress to his interviews and podcasts on YouTube to finally reading this book. It is but a natural progression for everyone who brings on this journey of unraveling the great mind of Naval. And I'm no different.

This book has all of Naval's gems on Wealth, Happiness, Peace etc. and serves as a handy guide when you're lost or down in life. His Twitter threads and interviews/podcasts have been arranged in neat sections in this free-for-all book. One must
Laurent Michiels
This is pure gold. If you ever have to read one book on self help and personal development, this should be the one.

I first learned about Naval a couple of years ago in the Farnam Street podcast and have been following him closely on Twitter ever since. His podcasts with Tim Ferriss, Joe Rogan as well as his own podcast (nav.al) are chock-full of wisdom, and this book brings together all of these insights.

Naval has the scarce ability to express ideas in a to-the-point and thoughtful manner. This
Lohit Namboodiri
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very dense compilation of wisdoms from Naval. This might be one of the highest per-page highlighting for me. :D

In the first part, he talks about the mindset for wealth creation while the second part focuses on what it means to be happy (for him).
Some parts do feel like too much self-help genre if taken out of context.
I liked Naval's book recommendations at the end of the book.

Personally resonated with a lot of ideas mentioned in this book.
A worthy read!

FYI : Book is officially available for
Ravi Gangwani
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Just Pure love for this book.

PS: I didn’t know who is Naval Ravikant before this book. I just got to know he also does podcast so I may try to get them as well.

PS2: A nice to-read-non-fiction list behind.
Eduards Sizovs
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow. The book about life, happiness, and money.
A Need to Read
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book I will return to again and again. The ultimate guide for balance.

• Stop Surviving Start Fighting
  • The Psychology of Money
  • DO EPIC SHIT
  • Hollywood
  • Escape from Freedom
  • The Coddling of the American Mind: How Good Intentions and Bad Ideas Are Setting Up a Generation for Failure
  • Mindfulness in Plain English
  • The Great Mental Models: General Thinking Concepts
  • The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering
  • The Class of 83: The Punishers of Mumbai Police
  • Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel
  • Saboteur (Inspector Dhruvi, #1)
  • वेटिंग आहे राव! : Waiting Aahe Rao!
  • Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment
  • Yoga
  • Livewired: The Inside Story of the Ever-Changing Brain
  • Phosphorescence: On Awe, Wonder and Things That Sustain You When the World Goes Dark
  • El arte de sobrevivir
See top shelves…
Eric Jorgenson is an entrepreneur, writer, and investor. He is on the founding team of Zaarly, and has been publishing online since 2014. His blog has educated and entertained over a million readers.

Eric is on a quest to create (and eat) the perfect sandwich. He tweets at @ericjorgenson and publishes new pieces and projects on ejorgenson.com/blog

News & Interviews

“The reality is life is a single-player game. You’re born alone. You’re going to die alone. All of your interpretations are alone. All your memories are alone. You’re gone in three generations, and nobody cares. Before you showed up, nobody cared. It’s all single player.” 23 likes
“If you’re not willing to do a wholesale, 24/7, 100 percent swap with who that person is, then there is no point in being jealous.” 18 likes