Start by marking “Regaining Trust” as Want to Read:
Regaining Trust

Regaining Trust

When workaholic Lawrence Weller walks in on the aftermath of his fiancé Frankie cheating on him, his world shatters. Frankie’s the love of his life, the only person he’s ever trusted, and the betrayal leaves him devastated.

Franklin Ennis makes a huge mistake he regrets deeply before it’s even over. He pleads for a second chance, willing to do whatever it takes to save thei
ebook, 1st edition, 91 pages
Published September 30th 2020 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Regaining Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Regaining Trust

Start your review of Regaining Trust
Snjez
Oct 08, 2020 rated it liked it

I didn't connect to the characters as much as I hoped, but it was an enjoyable read - despite the more serious subject matter.
True Loveislovereview
Shelves: 2020, lgbtq
5 big shining stars
Throughout the whole story, I had an unbelievable sentimental feeling. I felt it in every cell.
An utterly UTTERLY sensitive soulful narrative. A place where is no room for hate.
It’s an impressive almost impossible road where two people who love each other strongly are trying their very best to pick up the pieces and go on with their life.
Nothing is the same and will never be, there has to be found a new normal.

Before you refuse to read it because of cheating please reconsider
WycEd Reader

Check out our full post for REGAINING TRUST on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Angela – ☆☆☆☆☆
Karen
Oct 01, 2020 rated it liked it
It's official, I am in a reading slump...

Seriously both this book and the previous audio book that I listened to have gotten rave reviews from the rest of the community and I have to say they're not wrong, but for some reason I'm just not feeling it.

So before I go any further I just want to say if cheating/infidelity is a hard limit for you...this is very probably not the book for you.

"Regaining Trust" is the ultimate in second chance stories and begs the reader to ask themselves the quest
ButtonsMom2003
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog, favorites
Forgiving isn't easy.

Nell Iris has long been on my short list of favorite short story writers. Writing a great short story that doesn't leave the reader feeling cheated, is a talent that not all authors have. Now, having said all of that, Regaining Trust is a novella length book and I'm happy to say that Nell writes equally wonderful longer stories. ❤

Regaining Trust may not be for everyone as it starts out with a heartbreaking scene where one of the MC's is caught cheating on the other. As horr
thunderlightning
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4 stars

As much as i hate cheating this book wasn't so bad. I don't condone infidality, but as much as it's an unpopular opinion I also believe some couples in specific situations can actually heal and move from on.

This book showed a beautiful and hard journey of repairing a broken trust. I truly enjoyed it, but my only problem is I needed Frankie to grovel more. Actually, Frankie hardly did any groveling and not because he wasn't ready to, but because Law simply didn't give him a chance to. La
Lillian Francis
What starts as a sad, heartbreaking story develops into a rediscovery of a true relationship. A relationship where love never died but just got buried beneath years of loneliness and an over achieving work ethic. It's about talking and addressing the issues at the heart of the problem rather than covering it up with pretty words and frivolous gestures.
Paula
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF 30%
Lisa
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not normally a fan of cheating and I try avoid where possible but when I saw it was from Nell Iris I had to give it a go and I’m so glad I did.

This story isn’t about cheating it’s about making a mistake and taken accountability for your actions on both parts. It’s about learning to trust but also about how to communicate problems so that things like cheating and lonely ness can be avoided in the future.

What started as a heartbreaker ending up being one of my favourite ending ever. It was a
Angela Goodrich
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

First thing’s first. If infidelity is a hard limit for you, this is so not the book for you. The whole premise of Regaining Trust is whether or not Lawrence and Frankie can salvage their relationship after Law walks in on Frankie after he’s cheated. Is the old adage, ‘Once a cheater, always a cheater,’ true? Or can they learn from their mistakes, learn to trust one another again, and come out stronger on the other side?

I fe
Samantha Ortega
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
FR- Alors alors... alors  quand j'ai commencé ce roman je me suis demandé pourquoi je l'avais pris étant donné qu'en général je n'aime pas les romans où quelqu'un se remet avec un ex. Ouais... c'est même pas la tromperie qui me gêne c'est les come backs... rancunière moi? Peut être un peu. Pour autant, quand j'ai réalisé que c'était de ça qu'il s'agit (j'avais lu le résumé y'a un petit moment et  oublié de quoi il s'agissait) vu la longueur du roman je me suis dit que j'allais continuer. Et j'ai ...more
Annie
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 stars- Not as viscerally raw as I expected, but a good read about a weighty topic

Regaining Trust is a unique book that examines a painful, difficult point in the relationship of an engaged couple who has been together for years. For sure, with a hot button issue like cheating, this is a story that won’t be for anyone, but as I love good, emotional reads, I was definitely intrigued about what this new-to-me author would have in store.

Regaining Trust starts off with the initial moment that roc
Amy Dufera
Sep 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Regaining Trust is another impressive read by Nell Iris.

Wow, this one starts off tough, with Lawrence catching his fiance Frankie with another man. What follows is a powerful story of betrayal, loss of trust, understanding and forgiveness.

The writing is great, although I don't love the present tense. Everything else is wonderful though, keeping me intrigued and emotional throughout.

Good god, I could feel the pain first hand. These are two men who both have made mistakes, with the biggest bein
Anita
I am one of those rare romance readers who read and enjoy books about cheating. That is the ultimate emotional trauma between two people who love each other. I want my heart to be dragged through the mud and back again - lol! Lawrence and Frankie have been together for several years and are engaged to be married when Frankie does the unthinkable. The book deftly captures the pain both MCs are going through. As they try to work through the damage to their love and trust, each remembers incidents ...more
Sarita Chapdelaine
Shelves: arc
This is another beautifully written, emotional and intense story by Nell Iris and I absolutely loved it. I usually stay far away from any books that involve cheating but I knew that if anyone could deal well with this topic it would be this author and I wasn't disappointed. Lawrence and Frankie have a lot of difficult conversations after Lawrence walks in on Frankie and another man and both of them are dealing with hurt and anger towards each other and themselves. I love that they don't stop com ...more
Valerie
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The real emotions this book pulls out of you, after it breaks your heart within the first ten pages, is a genuine feat. Although in most romances, cheating, in any form, is a no-no. For me, at least. So when Lawrence walks in on the aftermath of his fiancé cheating on him, the story plays out in real time and deals with the devastating consequences. The heartbreak, anger, and overwhelming sadness is present and palpable throughout the entire book and you wonder if Lawrence should or could even f ...more
Alan D.D.
¡Esto fue demasiado tierno! La historia de este par fue un maremoto de emociones, un sube y baja constante a medida que buscaban la manera de recuperarse y salvar su relación. Hubo momentos en que no supe qué esperarme o si realmente todo terminaría bien, pero lo disfruté muchísimo.

This was too cute! The history of this pair was a tidal wave of emotions, a constant seesaw as they searched for a way to recover and save their relationship. There were times when I didn't know what to expect or if e
Janet Hunt
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic story about a partner cheating and the after affects, the healing and rebuilding of trust. This story will make you think on so many levels, it was so well, written!! I felt a lot of emotions on so many levels, this was an amazing read and I cannot recommend it enough. I am voluntarily leaving a review form an advanced copy that I received. My reviews are solely based on my thoughts and opinions.
Danna Iuliana
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
This was nice, I m glad it was short tho. The MC's names, both made everything feel very caricaturistic: Lawrence and Frankie?!really!?😀 I like this type of story with MC's screwing up and working to be forgiven. Lawrence is the character better developed here and I felt sympathy for him, Frankie was a pretty boring Mc, for half the book all he did was lye on the couch. Not a bad book but not great either.
Scooby2
Sep 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Regaining Trust” is a book that takes you inside a relationship that has just been shaken because of an infidelity. Nell Iris has written a beautiful story about forgiveness and rebuilding the trust that was broken. This is a story with lots of anger, betrayal, and heartache but ultimately there is love. I enjoyed reading this story, even though it will make your make your heart hurt.

I give this story 4 stars.

I received an arc from the author for an honest review.
Debbie
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This was such a lovely story of love and forgiveness. The way both characters struggled and worked to stay together, you could feel the love in every page. I love this author, she is always a one click for me. This is one of her best books so far. Has all the feels and will definitely be a re-read.
Darina
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, mm, short-stories
Автору удалось убедить меня в том, что измену можно простить, а это однозначно пятерка.
the.argumentative.bong
Renata Vettorazzi
Oct 03, 2020

• The Edge of Heaven
  • Sunshine & Shadows
  • Healing Aiden (Lords of Discord #5)
  • Forgiven (Heaven and Hell Club, #3)
  • Willowhope Manor (Beyond the Realm: Remember, #2)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
  • Short Stack (Mixed Messages; Finding Home)
  • Summoning Secrets (Familiar Magick, #2)
  • Secret Admirer
  • How to Forgive (Lovestrong, #6)
  • Hard Target (Wrecked: Guardians, #1)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Cinderella Proposal (The Boys of Bliss, #2)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Red Heir (Adventures in Aguillon #1)
  • Love Him Steady (On the Market, #4)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
Nell Iris is a romantic at heart who believes everyone deserves a happy ending. She’s a bona fide bookworm (learned to read long before she started school), wouldn’t dream of going anywhere without something to read (not even the ladies room), loves music (and singing along at the top of her voice but she’s no Celine Dion), and is a real Star Trek nerd (Make it so). She loves words, bullet journal ...more

News & Interviews