Start by marking “Enigma Variations (Justin Vincent #2)” as Want to Read:
Enigma Variations (Justin Vincent #2)

Enigma Variations

(Justin Vincent #2)

Master thief Justin Vincent and his computer hacker partner Ashna help people recover stolen items when the authorities can't. This time, their client needs his missing research notes back--notes that could help provide the solution to a century old musical mystery. The trail is cold, but the motive is clear: a £1 million reward offered to anyone who can decode the secret ...more
Published October 5th 2020 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Enigma Variations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enigma Variations

Start your review of Enigma Variations (Justin Vincent #2)
Elena Linville
DNFed at 35%.

This book was miscatalogued on NetGalley, I think. I was put both into Mystery and Trillers, and the Scify & Fantasy categories. Hense the reason I gave it a try. Unfortunately, there is nothing remotely fantastical in the part of the book I read.

It is also boooooring. If you like reading long drawn description of places the protagonist visits or foods he eats, you might enjoy this book. If you want interesting characters, good conversations, and a fast moving plot, like I do, you w
Amber Daulton
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In book 2 of the Justin Vincent series, master thief Justin is struggling between settling down with his girlfriend, Gabrielle, and getting back into the action of retrieving stolen properties. Choosing the latter, he does a favor for his girlfriend’s father’s friend and then takes on a new case to retrieve a music composer’s stolen notes. From there, he winds up in the middle of a century-long music theory conspiracy, which turns deadly.
I haven’t read the first book in the series, but I followe
Hannah Barry
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thrilling and captivating. This is book 2 in the Justin Vincent series by Bradley W. Wright. With a deeply intriguing name, the premise of this book takes you on a mysterious art adventure through time as our main characters try to solve a mystery that has many more layers than anticipated. Cryptography, wit, action, intrigue! This book has it all.

In the same style and genre as Dan Brown or James Patterson, this book fits in well. However, it doesn't break any new ground. So if a classic mystery
Mc Chanster
Ooo, this was a thoroughly enjoyable book and for me, the perfect read to accompany a night in.

Justin Vincent, sculptor and master thief, is slowly gaining a reputation in helping others recover lost and stolen items. After a quick and uncomplicated retrieval of a painting, he is then asked to find a composer’s notes – notes that could unlock the key to a 100-year-old puzzle involving the Elgar’s Enigma Variations. What he thought was simple job, is not, and after calling on his hacker friend, A
Cath
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is book two of The Justin Vincent series and the main character is former professional cat burglar Justin Vincent, now a sculptor and person who can help rich people recover something valuable that has been stolen from them and the authorities can’t help them or people don’t want them involved. He uses his former skills in his new job and also the skills of his hacker friend Ashna. He started with one small job of recovering a stolen painting, a quite small and not overly expensive or even ...more
James W
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bradley W. Wright’s ‘Enigma Variations’ (the second book in his ‘Justin Vincent’ series) is a quick-witted, action-packed, mystery/suspense thriller that is sure to leave readers on the edge of their seat until the very last page.

‘Enigma Variations’ centers on master thief Justin Vincent’s inability to leave ‘the life’ behind and the unforeseen ramifications of taking on a seemingly open-and-shut case involving a composer and his stolen notes. Unfortunately for our well-intentioned thief, once V
Annie Flint Smith
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enigma Variations is the second novel in the Justin Vincent series, and follows the protagonist's attempts to retrieve stolen properties whilst unravelling the centuries-old mystery of the Enigma Variations at the same time. The plot is enthralling from the off start and finds a nice balance between detail and dialogue that allows the tale to move on at a quick pace whilst still building vivid scenic images in the reader's mind. The only thing I would say is that any romantic aspect to the plot ...more
Elaine
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 of the Justin Vincent series. In this thriller, Justin Vincent and his computer hacking partner Ashna help people recover stolen items that the authorities haven’t been able to. They get involved in finding missing research notes that date back a century. There is a large reward offered for anyone who can decode the secret message bottle. It becomes a very intriguing music theory conspiracy with many twists. Even though it is the 2nd in a series it is not difficult to follow along ...more
Timea Tokes
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A bestseller in the making...

I thoroughly enjoyed this work of fiction, and it reminded me of several famous authors in its genre - I believe the author was inspired by the best, and doesn't stay far behind them, either.

I loved the book from cover to finish. Especially the thrilling action and the character development, which only got better since the first book in the series.

If you are a fan of intrigue and an explanation almost out of reach, then this is definitely the perfect read.
Tortuga Miranda m
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book is thrilling. Reminded me a little of Dan Brown. This book contains a little bit of everything that classic thrillers books contain. The POV was a first person which I liked. It gives you an idea of who the character is and what its feeling. The book could be a little bit refined with the narrative or speech patterns presented in it but overall is an enjoyable book.
Terri
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have not read the first book in this series, but I enjoyed this installment so much that I will be reading that one soon. Justin Vincent didn't exactly meet the definition of a hero, but he was very easy to root for. It was a lot of fun watching Justin travel the world as he sought to recover the valuable notes that had been stolen from his client. I was intrigued by the mystery of the Enigma Variations, even though a lot of the explanations honestly went over my head. I enjoyed Justin's thoug ...more
Lori Caprio Tate
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not my normal genre of books but it was nice to read something different and this book had just the right amount of suspense and intrigue. A little mystery never hurt anyone and I really enjoyed the premise of this book and the way the author took twists and turns leading to the next book.
Bookish
Dec 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A perfect mix of mystery and suspense makes this book totally enjoyable. Justin was a likeable character. This book was loaded with details and a complex enough to keep me interested and turning pages.
 caroline
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a second book in a series, I haven't read the first one but will now. It didnt seem to matter but it may have made the book more rounded.

The book was very well written and very descriptive, I felt that I learnt a lot about architecture, art and music. The characters were entertaining and the relationship between Justin and Ashme was very interesting and worked well.

Overall the book worked well and am very interested in reading other books by this author.
I received a copy from Voracio
Shelly Wygant
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Justin Vincent is a artist but has another job helping people recover stolen items. This story does have a jew jobs that he does but one that it focuses on more than the others. This story had a great mixture of suspense and action. What made the story is how Mr. Wright make you feel like you are right in the middle of the action by setting the scenes in the UK and US. I also loved the history of the asylum and some supernatural features and you have an unique read.
Jeanette Stefanik
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Received a complimentary copy. I like mysteries. This one has an interesting main character that seems not to have found himself yet. That slows things down a bit but in this case that works. He has a job to do and takes us on every step of the way. There are no weird intuitive jumps that leave the reader in the dirt wondering what just happened. We are along for the ride with a very "real" person in a relatable situation. And when we finish the book, we are sucked into the next story. Where wil ...more
Dawn Froese
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was a good read. I found my self thinking what could the answer to the puzzle be. Well worth reading.
Emma Catherine
Nov 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Enigma Variations (The Justin Vincent Series Book 2) by Bradley W. Wright was thrilling!
Of course, by the title, you know this is the second book in a captivating series! With that in mind, I don’t feel that you need to read the first book in order to understand the contents of this one. That’s how well Wright wrote this book!
The cover for Enigma Variations is way better than the previous book, so I was already excited to dive in!
Justin’s character development starts out strong in the beginning
Erica Rawdon
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
***This book should not be confused with another book of the same name. I accidentally placed a review there.

If you like mystery and suspense as well as vivid descriptions, this is a book for you! I got a Brad Thor/John Grisham vibe with the mystery and crime. The main character, Justin Vincent, is a one time criminal turned hero who returns stolen items to their rightful owners. He chooses to right these wrongs, sometimes to the detriment of his personal relationships.

I felt there was just en
Caitlynn Akin
“Enigma Variations” follows Justin Vincent a former cat burglar, that’s turned into a Robin Hood type thief, now working to return important items to their rightful owners. It is the second book in his character series with enough backstory provided so that you can read as a stand-alone story, however, multiple references to the first story have my interest peaked to see how it would flow into this one. In this tale, Vincent delves into the world of music and dark mysteries as he works to recove ...more
Barbara Tsipouras
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
Do you like reading descriptions of places, buildings, clothes, picking locks and people's appearance? Then you'll love this book. I unfortunately don't. I prefer good dialogue and some action.
The enigma did not incite my curiosity. I did not care about the solution. Besides the riddle I didn't care about there were too many players, too much conspiracy for my taste.
Daniel
Feb 09, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the premise this author has created. This 2nd in the series was pretty good leaning more to 2.5 than 3 like the first. Found myself not staying focused early on but it came around and did not mind it overall in the end. Will probably continue the series.
Kellie
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very good read left me on the edge of my seat
Lori
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Not my typical read but a good book nonetheless! I definitely recommend reading!
Genevieve  Paquette
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read with this title. The other was more my speed, but this was a fun read, too.
I received a copy from Voracious Readers Only in exchange for an honest review.
A fast-paced action adventure story featuring a surprisingly down-to-earth (and kind of dull, but in a good way) globetrotting master thief. I enjoyed the protagonist's relationship with his hacker partner, and his cat. And I really appreciated all of the name drops of artists and architects. I love looking up
Lawrence Wissner
Brian Adams
Jeff Wise
Bud Pratt
Apr 14, 2021

• Young Mother with Red Hair
  • The Happiness Journal: Your daily inspirational sips toward reaching happiness
  • Suzy Spitfire and the Snake Eyes of Venus
  • The Neander Conspiracy
  • Luck
  • The Secret Diaries of Juan Luis Vives: A Novel
  • Murder My Past: A Ross Agency Mystery
  • When Darkness Descends (The Relevation Trilogy #1)
  • Edinburgh Twilight (Ian Hamilton Mysteries #1)
  • The Survival of the Richest: An Analysis of the Relationship between the Sciences of Biology, Economics, Finance, and Survivalism
  • THE SPIRITS OF DREVA
  • The Doll Maker (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne #8)
  • First Fate (Waves of Fate #1)
I am a writer and educational technology professional. I grew up in Seattle but have been slowly migrating southward with stops in Portland, Eugene, San Francisco, and now Los Angeles where I live with my family. My first book Old Gold Mountain was released in March of 2018. My second novel The Place Inside the Storm will be out in April 2019.

Justin Vincent (2 books)
  • Old Gold Mountain (Justin Vincent #1)

News & Interviews