Start by marking “Marrying Mandy (Brides of Clearwater, #1)” as Want to Read:
Marrying Mandy (Brides of Clearwater, #1)

Marrying Mandy

(Brides of Clearwater #1)

Mandy Hudson swore she'd never marry. Abandoned by her parents and raised by her grandparents, she has a hard time trusting that real love will last. When her grandmother dies, Mandy's shocked to discover a stipulation in the will. Considering marriage to her best friend may be the only way to keep her family's beloved bed-and-breakfast.

The loss of his job threatens Prest
Kindle Edition
Published September 2020 by Kindle Press

To ask other readers questions about Marrying Mandy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marrying Mandy

Start your review of Marrying Mandy (Brides of Clearwater, #1)
Julie Carpenter
I love a good story about childhood sweethearts and marriages of convenience. This was a sweet love story and had two great characters who had struggles in life but were just good characters and doing the best that they could. When more sorrow comes their way and the possibility of losing all that Mandy holds dear, they choose to marry and save her family's heritage. Of course they agree it is a marriage of convenience. But that doesn't stop Preston from promising to take care of her and help he ...more
Brittany
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this marriage of convenience story so much! What a sweet tale of friends who ended up married to each other as a means to fulfill the terms of a will.

I so enjoyed the fact that Preston had loved Mandy ever since they were teenagers and that he truly would do whatever it took to help her save what was important to her. And I loved the way that Mandy cared for Preston as a friend, even had feelings for him, yet was so terrified of ending up as her parents did. It took her awhile to wake
Chanel
Sweet, tender and heartwarming. Marrying Mandy is a soft, subtle romance as two friends fall in love while in a marriage of convenience.

The heroine, Mandy, has always sworn she would never marry because of her parents' reckless marriage and consequential divorce. But when her grandparents' will gives her the option to sell the family-owned B&B or marry to keep it, she knows she can't give up the only home she's ever known. Her best friend, Preston, is also struggling with his finances and findi
Toni Shiloh
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet tale of romance and I loved the marriage of convenience angle.
Phyllis
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, romance
Sniffle.  My heart went out to Mandy.  She was so hurt by events in her life.  And left afraid to love.  Then there is Preston, probably the sweetest guy ever.  (At least until the next book I read.)  I love that he had loved Mandy pretty much since he met her when they were both teenagers.  One of the things that made this story so sweet was that though they were both in their mid-twenties, neither Mandy nor Preston had ever dated anyone else.  (Or each other, actually.)

Preston exhibited a cons
Mandi
Sep 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I’m thumbing thru ebooks on Amazon & come across Marrying Mandy. Even though it’s spelled differently than mine, I still wondered if it’d be weird to read a book with my name as the main character as I’ve never done that before. In case you’re wondering as well, I did find it a little bit disconcerting 😁

I’ve never heard of this author before; I found her writing of this book to be a little choppy, not as flowy as I prefer, but I liked the simplicity & sweetness of the story 💜 It was a good r
Shona
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliantly crafted story which takes the reader through the emotions of loss, love and second chances. It proves that God never gives up on us and always has a much better plan for our lives than we could ever hope to imagine. A new concept for a marriage of convenience and one which worked well in this particular situation.
Pick up this book and lose yourself in Mandy and Preston’s romance. You won’t regret it...
Linda Rainey
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful story about,love,loss and second chances.
The story was well crafted,the characters engaging amidst the back drop of a B&B.
I recommend this book for anyone who loves Christian romances.
Melissa Henderson
A very sweet story. Emotions run deep in this one. The characters are easy to relate to and to care about. I enjoyed this story.
Angelica Bentley
I nominated this book during its Kindle Scout run, but having read it to the end, it was only okay for me. The plot was predictable from the start and did not hold any surprises, but I was curious to see how the author was going to turn around a truly annoying heroine.

Mandy's grandparents brought her up and gave her a loving and happy home until their death, but she can't get past the trauma of being abandoned by her deadbeat parents. She has decided that she will never marry or have children, d
Melody
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dorothy Roller
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marry Mandy was a wonderful book to read. I love it and the premise of the story.
Mandy is a woman who as a young girl decided to never marry because of what her parents did to her.
Preston, her long time best friend was a good looking guy who has helped on her grandparents farm and Bed and Breakfast since she came to live there. He fell in love with her when they first met and at 17 to her 15 gave her a quick first kiss that she still had remembered.
As adults her grandparents both passed on but t
Peggy McAloon
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I immediately bonded with Mandy and her desire to avoid the tragedy a divorce places on the children left behind. Mandy suffered the ultimate betrayal when neither of her parents wanted her after the divorce. Those of us who have experienced divorce understand the loss, but being unwanted is the ultimate catastrophe when Mandy is sent to live at the Bed & Breakfast with her grandparents.

One childhood friend, Preston, has stood beside Mandy throughout the years, and it is no surprise he continues
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to get my Kindle Scout copy of Melanie D. Snitker's book Marrying Mandy! This book was every bit as marvelous as I anticipated. I have fallen in love with the characters and TOTALLY enjoyed the storyline of every book that I have read by the author. When I finish one of her books, I not only feel like I KNOW the people in the book, but maybe I AM one of the characters! LOL! It seems that there is always SOMETHING or SOMEONE that truly resonates with my spirit. It is wonderful to ...more
Judy
Mar 13, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mandy and Preston

I’m having a hard time rating this book...the writing was very good, no typos or anything.

It’s the two main characters I’m struggling with. Well, mainly Mandy, herself. She had a horribly traumatic experience as a young girl, I get that. But after seeing the love that her grandparents had, and the loyalty and love from her best friend, Preston, she still couldn’t accept the fact that she could possibly ever have a chance at happiness and marriage. She was so selfish and self-ab
Joyful
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marrying Mandy is an uplifting story of love, hope and family. It’s well-written and realistic to the grieving process. Mandy has no intention of ever marrying. Preston’s love of family and Mandy is intent unconditional even to the point of a marriage of convenience. Their lives obstacles makes for an interesting, triumphant, and rewarding storyline.

I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I ha
Darla Damron
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome story about a marriage of convenience. This story is about Molly and Preston who have been best friends growing up. After Molly's grandparents pass away then Preston comes to her rescue. I love the back and forth teasing between the two. Reminds me of my own marriage. The couple goes through many trials but they keep on being reminded to trust and rely on the Lord.

What I loved: The spiritual content was continuous and constant. I love how it wove into each part of the story. It t
Jill L
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed these characters and this fun clean romance. While both characters faced several challenges throughout the book, Mandy went through so much as she was trying to move forward and forget the past. Preston showed great patience. However, what I love about Christian fiction is how it can show fictional characters coming to revelations from God that we can learn from as well. I would have enjoyed this book even more if it had gone deeper into Mandy learning to rely on God and allowin ...more
Elizabeth Fiscus
Fantastic book!

Oh my goodness! Mandy and Preston...dreamy sigh. She swore off ever marrying due to her parents wanting nothing to do with her. Preston has loved her since they were teens. Now with getting married the only option for keeping her grandparents' bed and breakfast, what is Mandy supposed to do? A marriage of convenience seems to benefit both Mandy and Preston. What will happen when life batters them? Will they pull away from each other or will their love grow?
This is a must read boo
Jaycee Weaver
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable!

Preston is a truly wonderful hero—charming, selfless, patient. So much of this book was set in Mandy’s stubborn, misguided, desperate head, but reading how she worked through her issues with so many things coming at her was rewarding. Marriage of convenience stories might not seem very realistic, but the way Melanie Snitker wrote her characters and then threw difficult situation after difficult situation at them actually made everything seem more lifelike. Isn’t that just how life goes—
Rebekah Morris
I had read another "marriage of convenience" story by this author and enjoyed it, so I ventured to try this one. While the kissing was a little over the top, I didn't mind it as much because they were married. And, while I understood and sympathized with Mandy, I wanted to lecture her a bit several times. There wasn't a lot of Christianity in the book, but it wasn't non-existent either. I did appreciate that though this was a marriage of convenience, neither one would consider a divorce after it ...more
Patricia Kiyono
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s been a long time since I’ve read a “marriage of convenience” story, mostly because a lot of the ones I read (way back when I used to read books with paper pages) seemed contrived. Fortunately, Marrying Mandy manages to overcome my reservation about this trope because the characters are likable and their behaviors and reactions understandable. Preston is almost unbelievably heroic, but other than that the characters are fun to read about.
Tracy Sylvester
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is so real and relatable . Life sometimes throws us all some things that are difficult to handle. Throughout this story we find Mandy struggling with loss in many ways. Mandy also struggles to learn how to love and be loved. Preston Yarrow grew up helping Mandy Grandparents around their B & B and fell in love with Mandy at a young age. Such a beautiful, touching story line with a great ending.
Sally Stackhouse
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Following the death of her grandparents Mandy tries desperately to keep the B & B they ran open and in business but times are tough and business is slow. Her grandmother’s will had a stipulation in it that Mandy must marry. Her friend from childhood, Preston, tries to help her achieve her dream.

The book contains twists and turns, it is full of emotions encompassing grief, happiness and troubles, and friendships.

A lovely book, well written.
Cynthia L. Turner
Heartfelt

Preston has loved Mandy for as long as he could remember. Mandy grew up living with her grandparents and running a B&B. Mandy married Preston in a marriage of convenience. Slowly but surely Mandy comes to love 💘 Preston as much as he loves her. A truly inspirational novel with a coming of age story and maturity of both of the main characters. A lovely story of God's love 💘 and family. Grateful that Preston and Mandy got their HEA.
Marie Bourgery
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet marriage of convenience romance. It took the special provisions in Mandy's grandmother's will that hampered her inheritance of the B&B to make Mandy see what was in front of her all along. Mandy was a little exasperating at times with the way she treated Preston; how she kept pushing him away and not wanting to depend on him for anything. Preston was a great guy, funny, sweet, and willing to do whatever it took to make Mandy happy even if it meant sacrificing his own dreams. ...more
Gail Johnson
Apr 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Marrying Mandy is about a marriage of convenience. Preston has loved Mandy since childhood, but Mandy is having none of it. Marriage ends in divorce. Divorce means heartache, especially for kids.
But when Mandy’s Granny dies, she lives the B&B to Mandy with one stipulation. Mandy has to marry or lose the only home she’s ever known.

Marry Mandy is a sweet contemporary romance filled with unexpected blessed moments amid life’s inevitable heartaches.
Sue Stinnett
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving Mandy

Mandy never wanted to fall in love. In fact she refuses to but God had another plan. Preston has been in love with Mandy most of his life. Forced into a marriage of convenience may be just what they need to push them toward the path of true love. Prepare for a roller coaster of emotions in this delightful story.
Bex
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not My Type of Book

I didn't realize this was a religious book when I started reading it. If I had, I probably never would have read it.
It was way too innocent with too many praying for yous, have a blessed days, and Praise Gods in it for me. But if that's your thing then you may enjoy this one.

(Free copy received in Kindle Scout)
Laura Van Nice
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and Touching

This was a tender, poignant story about a young woman dealing with abandonment issues and the young man who has loved her since he was a boy. It is a quick read, but well written with likable characters and a strong, but not preachy, spiritual message. I'll definitely read another by this author!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Show Me a Marriage of Convenience (Cowboy Crossing Romances #1)
  • Show Me a Single Dad Cowboy  (Cowboy Crossing Romances)
  • The Billionaire's High School Reunion (Small Town Billionaires Book 1)
  • The Rancher takes his Convenient Bride: a Sweet Marriage of Convenience Western Romance (The Rangers of Purple Heart Ranch Book 1)
  • Blind Date with my Billionaire Boss (Blind Date Disasters #5)
  • What New Beginnings Are Made Of (Star Gazer Inn of Corpus Christi Bay Book 1)
  • Accidentally Matched (Alaska Matchmakers #1)
  • Finding Love in Montana: Triple J Ranch Prequel
  • A Suitor for the Spurned Mail Order Bride (Westbound Hearts, #1)
  • Shelter from the Storm (Port Provident: Hurricane Hope #1)
  • Graham: The Brothers of Hastings Ranch Series Book One
  • The Cowboy's Stolen Heart (The Cowboys of Sweetheart Creek Texas, #1)
  • Overprotective Cowboy (Hope Eternal Ranch Romance #2)
  • The Country Star Cowboy (Lone Star Cowboys #1)
  • His to Save (Heathcliff Family Romances #1)
  • A Match Made in Ireland (Escape to Ireland, #1)
  • Hannah (Brides of the Oregon Trail #1)
  • Jackson (The Sutter Brothers, #1)
Melanie D. Snitker is a USA Today bestselling author who writes clean and inspirational romance novels.

She has enjoyed writing fiction for as long as she can remember. She started out writing episodes of cartoon shows that she wanted to see as a child and her love of writing grew from there.

She and her husband live in the beautiful Texas Hill Country with their two children, who keep their lives

Brides of Clearwater (3 books)
  • Marrying Raven (Brides of Clearwater, #2)
  • Marrying Chrissy (Brides of Clearwater, #3)