Jump to ratings and reviews

Life Unexpected #3

Starting Anew

He’s afraid to trust. She has a secret that could change everything between them. Will they let go of their fear, or allow it to rob them of their chance at happiness?

For most of his life, Nathan Kirkpatrick was lied to by everyone he cared about. Now, he’s determined to leave the past behind him, and focus on a new future with his only real family—his young daughter, Mia, and his long-lost brother, Chess. When he finds himself attracted to Mia’s pretty and kind caretaker, Lynn, he must do some heavy-duty soul searching. Can he trust her? Or will falling for her put his family at risk?

Lynn Crosby’s passion cost her everything. Her parents all but disowned her for pursuing her dream of a music career, and then the music industry she loved wanted her to compromise her values. All she wants is to hold on to her quiet life, with a new name, and an ordinary job as a day care worker. But the more time she spends with Nathan, the more she wants to share her true self with him. Can she trust him to understand and love both sides of her? Or will he walk away like everyone else?

An inspirational Christian novel about learning to trust, finding acceptance, and the healing power of truth spoken in love.

~*~

Love Unexpected is a complete three-book series focusing on life after foster care, friendship, second chances, and finding a love worth waiting for.

Safe In His Arms (Book 1): Anna is determined to escape her past. Joel is looking to build a future...with her. Will she open her heart and let him help, or keep on running alone?

Someone to Trust (Book 2): Brooke wants to give Chess her heart. He wants to give her the best chance at a happy life. They're headed separate ways...until faith steps in.

Starting Anew (Book 3): Nathan is afraid to trust. Lynn has a secret that could change everything between them. Will they let go of their fear, or allow it to rob them of their chance at happiness?

196 pages, Kindle Edition

First published July 18, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Melanie D. Snitker

33 books182 followers
Melanie D. Snitker is a USA Today bestselling author who writes inspirational romance and romantic suspense. She and her husband live in Texas with their two children. They share their home with three dogs and a variety of small animals. In her spare time, Melanie enjoys photography, reading, training her dog, playing computer games, and hanging out with family and friends.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (1%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews
Profile Image for John Swanson.
7 reviews
July 29, 2019
Melanie's latest book is a very enjoyable read. I won't write a detailed review of the plot because that has been done that already. But I will say that the main plot, Lynn and Nathan's budding relationship, kept me interested throughout. And the subplots - - whether Lynn would reconcile with her family, and what her stalker would do next - - kept me on the edge of my seat!

I am not your average Christian romance reader. I am a 75-year-old guy who just happens to like Melanie's books. I have read all of them, and I have enjoyed them a lot.
237 reviews
July 19, 2019
Lynn is a simple girl who loves her job as a daycare employee. She gets to snuggle with babies every day, then comes home to enjoy her quiet home, maybe curling up with a good book. The last thing she wants is to draw attention to herself.
Nathan is the single dad of Mia, one of the children Lynn watches every day. He notices Lynn, but doesn’t want to get involved in a relationship because all women, and parent figures in general, have never been a positive influence in his life. When he offers to pay Lynn to watch Mia for a day for his brother’s wedding, they start to get to know each other better and like what they discover…a lot! But all is not what it seems within Lynn’s life. What will happen to their budding relationship when paparazzi come up to her calling her Bethany? Will Nathan be able to trust her again? Will a stalker from Lynn’s past finally catch her? This was a fantastic book and I definitely recommend giving it a read.
I received an ARC of this book from the author. I was under no obligation to post a review and all opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Melissa Hayford.
1,104 reviews15 followers
July 18, 2019
I'm late to the party. This is the first book I've read in this series, but now I definitely want to go back and read the other two. I was still able to follow the story well, but wish I had more back story on Nathan. Lynn and Nathan's relationship is a very sweet one. I enjoyed both their characters and loved little Mia. I want a Mia hug now, it sounds so wonderful. There were definitely some sweet moments and some suspenseful ones, but I loved the overall need to trust in God. I loved Nathan's "family" and imagine their stories are just as sweet. I imagine the epilogue was a great ending for this series as it seemed to tie things up, but I wish there had been more about the resolution or lack of resolution to some of the conflicts in Lynn's life.
Profile Image for Shona.
175 reviews3 followers
July 18, 2019
This is the perfect ending to this trilogy. I’ve been waiting for a while for Nathan’s story and it didn’t disappoint. He’s on his own with his young daughter, her mother having signed away her rights as soon as she was born. He’s living near his new family - Chess (the biological brother he only found a year ago) Brooke, Anna and Joel.
Lynn is working in a childcare centre with her friend Sharon. She’s hiding a past from everyone and doesn’t trust easily.
They two of them meet as Nathan brings Mia, his daughter, to the childcare centre. The two of them have a tentative friendship which begins to blossom into more when Nathan asks Lynn to help him with Mia during his brothers wedding. However, secrets have a way of damaging trust. There’s also a stalker who is determined to expose Lynn for who she really is and claim her for his own.
An often tense read but a beautiful story about trust. Trust in each other but most of all trust in God. I’m sad to finish this series but I’ve enjoyed this so much I’m off to read the first two again!
Profile Image for Deanna.
998 reviews12 followers
July 18, 2019
A beautiful love story that comes about due to a little girl. These two had bothered suffered at the hands of others and so trust was a huge issue. Then throw in a stalker and the stakes just went up.
This was a story filled with family drama, stalkers and the need to protect those we love. These two were made for each other and the little girl that made it all begin in the first place.
I started at the wrong end of this series but it didn’t effect the enjoyment of the book at all.

I received this as an arc and I am giving my honest review voluntarily
3,262 reviews27 followers
July 15, 2019
Starting Anew is a wonderful, sweet romance. Lynn, Nathan and Mia are such sparkling characters. There is a touch of suspense so I had to finish the book before sleeping tonight! Both characters have issues from their past that, with God's help, must be overcome. This is an amazing story. It is well written and nicely paced. If you like clean romance you do not want to miss this book.
1,932 reviews20 followers
July 22, 2019
Nathan and Lynn are both guarded but their chemistry is so sweet. Mia was adorable and really brought these two together. I have really enjoyed this series and loved seeing the characters from books 1 and 2. When Lynn's secret comes out how will Nathan handle it? Loved the ending. I received an ARC of this book. This is my honest and voluntary review.
Profile Image for Renate.
1,074 reviews
August 17, 2019
Inspiring story about trusting God, others, and oneself. Melanie Snitker immediately draws the reader into the story. The suspenseful plot is a page turner. Delightful characters, twist and turn plot, and the epilogue ties up the lives of the main characters in the series. My main complaint is as a reader I have to imagine how Lynn's conflicts with her family are resolved.
Profile Image for Tabatha Robinson.
148 reviews3 followers
November 19, 2019
Perfect Ending to series!

I loved this series, and while it is a perfect ending, I am sad to see it end as I could read about these characters more! I loved them all, their backgrounds, the way they found each other, their present and their futures. Gives us all hope. Thank you Mrs. Snitker for an amazing series!
Profile Image for Barbara.
758 reviews
July 21, 2019
This is a good, short read. A rock star decides to change her name and start a new life. It all comes crashing down when an avid fan finds her. The romance is clean and endearing. And of course, there is a happy ending.

I received an ARC for an honest review.
Profile Image for Linda Rainey.
2,347 reviews20 followers
July 21, 2019
Wonderful Romance

This was a wonderful romance showing God's love and protection.
The storyline was compelling and the characters interesting.
This book is recommended for those who love Christian romance.
Profile Image for Love.
1,733 reviews5 followers
July 22, 2019
Beautiful And Thrilling Unexpected Love Story

This is definitely an interesting and brilliant love story with endearing and thrilling moments as they journey towards unconditional love and family.
3,078 reviews14 followers
July 24, 2019
Melanie D. Snitker has written such wonderful characters that you can feel Lynn’s fear and frustration. I think I fell a little in love with Nathan, nice guy and great dad. In addition to great characters we also get a story line with intrigue and romance. I totally enjoyed this book.
Profile Image for MaryEllen.
1,884 reviews11 followers
July 13, 2019
While there's a bit of suspense, it's not overwhelming. The romance build slowly and surprises the couple.

Trust issues abound, but both trust God will work things out.
Profile Image for Melissa Henderson.
Author 7 books153 followers
July 15, 2019
Sweet and inspirational story. I enjoyed reading this one. I received a complimentary copy of the book. No review was required.
Profile Image for Brenda.
175 reviews
July 19, 2019
Very good book. Interesting story line. Would recommend the read!

I received an ebook and I am voluntarily giving my review.
Profile Image for Cheri.
1,787 reviews59 followers
July 23, 2019
A quick romantic suspense. Lynn is afraid to trust just anyone with her secret past life. She just wants to keep hiding and say safe. When both of her world's collide, can she learn to trust again.
22 reviews
August 6, 2019
Loved it!

Loved this book. It was heartwarming, romantic, suspenseful and hopeful. Can't wait to read the rest of this book series.
Profile Image for Rinda Kuempel.
57 reviews1 follower
May 8, 2021
Tear jerker

Keep your Yankees handy, going to need them for this one. Loved the story, loved, loved the series. Looking forward to reading more books from this author.
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.