Start by marking “Magic and Metaphysics Academy: The Complete Series (Mountain Shifters Universe)” as Want to Read:
Magic and Metaphysics Academy: The Complete Series (Mountain Shifters Universe)

Magic and Metaphysics Academy: The Complete Series (Mountain Shifters Universe)

Enter Magic and Metaphysics Academy, the place witches, vampires, and shifters are sent to learn. Join Lou as she learns how to deal with the popular girls, her new roommates, and navigate new lessons, all while keeping her biggest secret.

If the academy discovers Lou's status as a vampire-witch hybrid, she could lose everything. Can she prove herself before it's too late?

M
Published September 4th 2020 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about Magic and Metaphysics Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magic and Metaphysics Academy

Start your review of Magic and Metaphysics Academy: The Complete Series (Mountain Shifters Universe)
Annette
Oct 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
There are a few authors where I don't even read blurbs anymore. I get an e-mail from BookSprout telling me that there is a new ARC from these authors available and I just download it. I mean, they're good. They write lovely books. I never had one of their books disappoint me. Why would I even bother reading the blurb, when I want the book anyway? So for some reason I had totally missed that this is very basically a Mean Girls retelling.

And it's an awesome Mean Girls retelling. It has enough elem
Cath
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This boxset includes Magical Mischief; Magical Mistake; and Magical Misfit and is the second boxset of the Mountain Shifters Universe. The main character is Lou (Tallulah) Davidson who until now has been home schooled and is finally attending the Magic and Metaphysics Academy, a place for witches, vampires and shifters to study. Each of the books is a short read of less than a hundred pages, so it is a quick read. Her parents are quite famous in the area of Zoomagology, but she wants to speciali ...more
Risa
The Heroine
Lou was such a fun character. I enjoyed her narration and I think for the most part, she had a great sense of who she is and the type of people she wanted to surround herself with. I was a little disappointed with how she went along with Estelle’s plan to get close to the popular girls and take them down from the inside… Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand wanting to knock the b*tchy chick down, but I felt like the pretending to be her friend just to eventually “betray” her wa
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Lou is sent to Magic and Metaphysics Academy where witches, vampires, and shifters learn the important things about using and enhancing their skills. But Lou has a secret she needs to keep from her classmates. MAGIC AND METAPHYSICS ACADEMY includes the titles: Magical Mischief, Magical Mistake, and Magical Misfit. Below is a review of one of them to give you an idea of what you’ll find in this set!

*** Reviewing “MAGICAL MISCHIEF” ***
Lou had been homeschooled until she reached 18. The daughter of
Marjorie
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Magical Mischief
This book has every high school movie cliche and then some. College age kids, but this magical academy is described as an extended high school as magical beings apparently have an extended adolescence. What saves this book from being Just Another Academy Story(TM) is the well thought out magic system and excellent well paced writing. Despite all the tropes, it actually is an enjoyable read. I finished it in one sitting.

This is book 1 in a trilogy and as such spends a lot of time
Katheyer
Sep 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The “Magic and Metaphysics Academy” by Laura Greenwood Box Set, offers all three installments in the series compiled into a single book.

Magical Mischief
Luo enters the Academy at eighteen after being schooled her all live. Social integration becomes even more challenging in a dorm populated by all kinds of supernaturals (witches, vampires, shifters… you name it) forming their own cliques. Luo rapidly learns to maneuver the group politics, choosing between roommates and popular girls, and basicall
Stephanie Telles young
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was a bit skeptical going into this but was pleasantly surprised in that once i started reading I couldn't stop! Hmmmmm is this book and the book in the story connected???? Did it make me want to read it???? One will never know... lol! So well written i felt really really into the story and it was sooooooo enjoyable! I have really taking a liking to these academy stories. Home-schooled girl meets the real world of boys n girls and understandably is extremely nervous! I remember going up into t ...more
Christinaraven
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lou is a great character and this story starts out with her first day at her new Magic Academy. It made me laugh and giggle as Lou meets her roommates and the other students. Of course she gets dragged into something and things get funnier. I enjoyed liking and hating the characters as they are written. Of course things heat up both with her friendships with the Sparkles and her men. It was steamy but a bit fun to read as Lou gets closer to her guys. And her relationship with other students was ...more
Erin
Lou has always being home schooled by her parents.
Now at 18 she is going to school for the first time or actually an academy.
Lou has a vampire and a witch as parents and she is one of these rare hybrids a mix between a vampire and a witch, but she doesn’t want everybody to know.

A great read and I was so happy it was the complete series so I didn’t have to wait for the next book to find out what was going to happen next. There are some twists in this stories, but they work perfectly.
Lou has two r
Myreadbooks
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I would especially like to thank the authors and the Booksprout site for allowing me to read this book.

I was immediately attracted by the pretty cover of this book where you can see the pretty Lou holding a kind of notebook in her hands.

By reading this book, one immediately enters the skin of the characters, that is to say at the Academy of Magic and Metaphysics with them. It is a place where the metamorphs, witches, vampires cross paths. One finds there Lou who hides a secret well buried in th
Breen
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“This series was amazing!! It had something kind of innocent though it had some darkness but it was funny in a different way. Lou was a great female character which is so rare to be honest but I really like how she was and how she reacted to some situations.

Her lovers. They absolutely own my heart without a doubt. Loving them was so easy and beautiful. Trust me, they aren’t the usual bad boys! They cared for Lou, supported her and how they treated them was so lovely to read.

They are kind of sh
Mayara Alencar
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook
Lou is an hybrid, half witch, half vampire. She's one of the few children of a mixed couple that turned out as a hybrid and not one race or another. Now, after being homeschooled her whole life, she's going to attend Magic and Metaphysics Academy. Mean girls, hot guys and a magical artefact that messes with people lives. Things are going to be great, huh?

I enjoyed the story in general, but I thought that everything was kind of hushed. The narrative is to the point, so maybe that helped this feel
Melanie Titus
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this reverse harem, coming of age story! Tellulah, or Lou as she likes to be called, is a hybrid witch/vampire, an illegal being in her world. But as long as no one knows, she should be fine, right. She's also going to school for the first time, for college, first time with peers, boys, and cliques, no problem, right again....???
First book- Get to class, meet the roommates, make friends, don't make enemies, yeah right!
Second book- Found mates (3 of them, oh boy!), playing 2 sides of fr
Disney14604
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a three book series. Each one takes off where the last one left off.

The blurb and title caught my attention. Magic and Metaphysics, I thought interesting combination. I like stories with magic.

I enjoyed trying to figure out who the responsible party was. It has a few rabbits trails yo get caught on. I even was thinking of one that did not exist.

I have to admit that it remind me of reading other series by other authors. It was like an older YA book. The RH part was appropriate for older
Trina
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I originally read these books individually and I much prefer to have them all together as they are quick reads and you are not left hanging wanting to know what will happen. The feelings evoked by reading the first book are intense, the awkwardness of stating at a new school, the embarrassment by doing things wrong, the kindness shown by new friends and the anger felt from the treatment by a bully. The second book again was very short but answered questions from the first and left questions to b ...more
Belinda Clemons
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really like Lou alot she is a vampire witch hybrid with nature as an affinity and the guys that will be apart of her Harem Brooks the Witch with nature as an affinity Jayse the Anaconda shifter and Francis the Vampire are so sweet. Magical Mischief is a really great book. Sadie and Madison i like but i dont like their leader Kristi.

Magical Mistake starts where Magical Mischief leaves off. Lou does something she regrets but her men are there for her i love their relationship and how it grows. T
sherri jones-teachout
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Things are not always as they appear. Lou was homeschooled and now is enrolled in an academy for supernaturals. She is a vampire/witch hybrid and as such will be treated poorly if it ever gets out. But she’s powerful and smart, and she has to learn who to trust and who is the enemy in this new environment. She gets close to the “in” girls to find out what they are doing, but when one of them is murdered, she has to take a new direction. Could someone she trusted be controlling events at the scho ...more
Adena Lee
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
You would think that someone like Lou Davidson would let her beauty and strength go to her head, but the author makes her to be a regular girl-next-door type, including the steel backbone and the soft heart. Those are particularly helpful for Lou, who turns out to be the favoured target of two very self-centered and vindictive power-hungry young witches. Despite her struggles to deal with vicious bullying and belittling (which are more than usually potent against her due to her social inexperien ...more
WILMA Kamma
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed these stories. The characters were well described and you get caught up in their adventures. Lou was educated at home for some time and therefore has no social balance. She has enrolled in a paranormal academy, where she befriends her roommates and becomes part of the "cool" cabal known as "The Sparkles". There are plenty of hot guys, shifters, vampires and witches. Read their adventures with plenty of action and twists and you will enjoy it. In any case, I am happy to recommend t ...more
Judy Gittleson Hendrickson
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lou, a witch vampire mix, who was home schooled until now, is starting at the Magic and Metaphysics Academy. So many things she deals with, we all have in our own high school experiences, like cliques, boys, classes, peers, specialty classes and how to keep secrets - especially your own. The school is set up visually well. The stress of being with so many peers and trying to fit in, is typical teenager stuff, in a way. The romance and emotions with her three guys and the help she gets from them ...more
Wanda Jewell
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. The characters were true to life and you get entangled in their drama. Lou was homeschooled so has no social poise whatsoever. She has enrolled in a paranormal academy. She makes friends with her new roommates and is inducted into the "cool" clique whom are known as "The Sparkles". There are hot guys that she is interested in. The story ends a bit abruptly and leaves you wanting to know what is going to happen next. I would recommend this short story.

I received a free copy
Claudia
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the complete story of Lou, a witch-vampire hybrid, who enters the Academy of Magic and Metaphysics. Despite her worries, she becomes a popular girl and even finds her mates. But suddenly people are acting out of character and she has to find out why and who is behind the strange behaviour of her school mates.
An engaging story, with funny parts as well as suspense and romance. An entertaining YA story in the typical style of Ms. Greenwood
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout
Denise
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a NON-SPOILER REVIEW. Magic and Metaphysics Academy by Laura Greenwood and L.A. Boruff is the complete three book set. I really enjoyed this mind bending read. I loved that with the complete set you get into it and can just keep going (Yes, it's addictive!). A fun set of reads that will have you questioning yourself. Have a seat and prepare to be immersed in entertainment.

This honest and voluntary review was made possible by reading a copy through Booksprout.
Kathryn
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This completed series is exciting, intriguing and a fantastic read. Each book is a quick read that has amazing emotion. There is a great flow in the pacing and has great transitions between the books.

Magical Mischief by Laura Greenwood & L.A. Boruff
This book is very intriguing and a very strong start to the series. I like that Lou is hybrid and realistic. This is great start introducting Lou's potential harem. This has made me excited for the next installment to the series.
Marilyn Smith
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great box set of all three stories all together in one set. The storyline was interesting and intriguing and the characters were developed and pulled you into this wonderful characters. This set will keep you reading until you reach the end! This will give you hours of reading enjoyment!

Jeanne Richardson
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot of books written by Laura Greenwood; she has done a great job at writing a good set of books; she is one of my favorite authors. I can’t wait to read more of books her books.

The story lines caught my attention at the very beginning and kept me interested throughout the entire book.

I received a free copy of this boxset via booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.
Suez
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The reader is easily immersed into Lou’s life and her struggle to fit in at the academy. She is quirky, fun and of course has her secrets. This 3 book collection is sooo entertaining ... wonderful characters, lively storyline and blend in some spicy bits. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Rhonda
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good set of books. What a whimisical and entertaining books with Interesting and unique characters. Exciting journey with lots of drama and twists, turns, and unique experiences. Imaginative and clever writing. Good reads.

Cassi Sanchez-Manning
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This entire series kept me reading late into the night many times! The author did a great job with character building and I truly enjoyed getting to know these characters.Vampires, Witches, and Shifters OH MY!

Scarolet Ellis
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Magic and Metaphysics Academy: The Complete Series by Laura Greenwood is an awesome complete series that I have loved reading. I am so hooked on this awesome complete series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romance.

• Lady of Outlaws: A Robin Hood Retelling (The Tales of Clan Robbins #1)
  • The Firehouse Feline: The Complete Series
  • A Cursed All Hallows' Eve: A Limited Edition Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Reverse Harem Halloween Themed Collection
  • Blood Cure: A Paranormal Vampire Romance (Vampire Huntress Chronicles Book 3)
  • Blood Captive (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #2)
  • Wicked Souls
  • Twisted Hearts
  • Bloody Mad (The Legacy of a Vampire Witch #2)
  • Bloody Hell (The Legacy of a Vampire Witch #1)
  • The Dragon Ruby Series Volume 2: Books 4-6
  • Blood Hunt (Vampire Huntress Chronicles, #1)
  • Falling for Shifters
  • A Vampire's Spell  (The Order of the Black Oak - Vampires, #1)
  • Bloody Devils (The Legacy of a Vampire Witch #4)
  • dangerous hearts
  • Fairytale Christmas
  • The Girl with the Red Lantern: A Chinese Fantasy Adventure (The Matchmaker's War Book 1)
  • Heaven's Embrace (Her Angels #1)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here: