Start by marking “Heathen (Redwood High #2)” as Want to Read:
Heathen (Redwood High #2)

Heathen

(Redwood Rebels #2)

I’ve done very bad things.
I’m not a good man.
There’s skeletons in my closet
And blood on my hands.

I should be reaching for that sliver of light.
But deep in the darkness lies the loyalty of my friends. Along with the secrets we’ve buried.
It’s become comfortable and safe and all I really know.
It’s all that I deserve.

Yet, there’s someone who thinks I’m worthy of convict
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: January 28th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Heathen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heathen

Start your review of Heathen (Redwood High #2)
Lady Raven RAVE!
4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Style: Dark Bully Romance (High Scool)
Story: 4/5
Series: Book 2
Pages: 3329
Kindle Unlimited: Yes

STORY:
YAS YAS YAS! I say this with love, no disrespect to the first book, but this book was everything more than the first. I say this because; I found Book 1 to be likable but not great. Although the book is a continuation of book 1, this was more favorable, understandable and engaging. It was dark with dark subject
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
description
BETA READ. FULL REVIEW TO COME AFTER READING FINAL VERSION!

The Redwood Rebels are at it again AND let me just say that LARS is going to steal a piece of your heart! Oh and did I mention that I have a major lady boner for the heroine in this story?! I absolutely loved these two and I cannot wait for you all to get your hands on Heathens!
Keri Loves Books
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues as each of the four seeks their own revenge. Hang on because you won’t expect what’s coming your way.

The four made a pact. Each of them chooses a mark and they all help to exact the revenge that is chosen. Talon got his and now he’s ready to help Lars, Tommy, and Zed to get theirs.

There is always collateral damage. These boys take what they need to get what they want. It’s messy. Reputations will be ruined, blood will be shed, lives will be lost, but ultimately freedom will be
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
Holy crap. This book was everything. These characters were everything. I am just in awe of this authors story telling. *SLOW CLAP*
Ya know, normally when you read a series, book 1 always shines alittle brighter than the rest. In most cases that is the truth. But in this case, I have to point out that this book was equally as hypnotic as the first. Once I started reading I could not stop. You couldnt PAY me to stop. I inhaled/ravaged/FEASTED ON this story in one sitting!!!!
Lars was so tormented.
jess
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
— arc provided for an honest review —

Heathen is the second book of the Redwood High series. Although the main couple is different, the secrets from the previous books still remain the same and more is revealed throughout this book.

From the beginning I was hooked on the fact that Lars and Willa are two completely different characters but together they seem to be stronger than the demons they face in their life. I liked the character development of both characters and how they were able to overcom
Hope Shurden
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMGah! I absolutely loved this book! It was awesome getting a closer look into the mind of Lars and watching him evolve into something he never thought he could be. Willa was absolutely awesome. They proved that opposites really do attract.
I highly recommend this book for anyone looking a good bully romance. It has all the angst!
Lola Sheridan
Maddie (Bookaholic_Dreamer)
Heathen an enemies to lovers, dark high school romance story is the second book in Redwood Rebels series by Rachel Leigh.

Holy Crap!!! WOW!!!

Willa Jean Mack also known as Whispering Willa and Sweater Girl is the preacher’s step daughter. A quiet, shy, timid, lonely girl who has built walls up so high around her, for not wanting to be seen by others.

Lars Titan though cocky, arrogant and a douchebag who doesn’t seem to really care about much, besides himself of course. But there’s someth
Shannon Ricci-mayronne
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heathen is the second book in the Redwood Rebels Series. Striker must be read first to fully understand and enjoy this wild, untamed, and twisty ride. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

4 misfits, bullies, who just happened to come from money. A Revenge Pact made, secrets to bury and hide, and the consequences of being on their radar. But, the mistake they make- underestimating their victim’s and just how hard they will catch feelings and fall. This book is filled with so many twists, angst
Jen Isherwood
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, I just want to give everyone a heads up that this book does have trigger warnings. It’s a dark romance and does have dark subject matters that some may find uncomfortable....
That being said.... I F’N LOOOOOVED THIS BOOK!!!
This is the second book in the Redwood Rebels series and follows Lars’ story. To say that he’s f’d up is an understatement... all of them kinda are in their own way. But that just makes us love them more when they find their hearts. After reading Striker I
Natasha
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Rachel Leigh knows how to write a page turner. This bully romance is dark, twisty and full of suspense. If you haven’t read Striker yet, go and do that before reading this book, as it is not a stand-alone. This story picks up shortly after the end of Book 1. Whilst this story focuses on Lars and Willa, we learn more about the Rebels’ back stories and the mystery that began in Book 1. Lars is a surprisingly character and his relationship with Willa is an interesting one where it develops him as a ...more
Ioanna
Shelves: favorites
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Heathen by Rachel Leigh is a dark highschool romance. It's the second book from the Redwood Rebels series and it's about Lars and Willa.

Three Months ago Talon, Tommy, and Zed had put a bet that Lars Titan couldn't have sex with Willa Mack. At his birthday party, he won the bet and the guys showed the video to everyone. He had never spoken to her after that but now Willa needed his help to flee to another town.
At the same time, the three guys need
Christy Davisson
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for my honest opinion of this book and that is exactly what I am giving.

You will need to have read the first book in the series to follow along with this book since the story is a continuation from Striker and be prepared to lose all track of time because this book is so addictive your sucked into this insane world of the the Redwood Rebels.

This book takes you right back into the Redwood Rebels and all their craziness. This is Lars' book and I'm gonna be honest with you when
Heidi
Lars experiences a
childhood trauma that leaves him cold hearted, lacking the ability to show emotions and feel empathy. His ‘I don’t give a fuck’ attitude has gotten him in trouble more than once, but he couldn’t care less.

Tough on the outside, soft on the inside.
Not something you’d associate with Lars, but when it comes to Willa he has a soft spot. One he didn’t expect, as she is everything he never wanted.
Could he have a sweet, protective side only when it comes to her?
Could Willa be seeing t
Richelle Zirkle
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The world is not ready for Lars Titan unleashed. You have been warned... Lars was a little bit of an enigma to me in Striker. Talon won me over and Tommy was the friendly one that could ultimately be trusted. Lars was something other... In Heathen, Rachel peels it all away and we see the man underneath and that soul is tortured. There are things in the past, things in the present, things he thinks he should feel and be and do... Lars’s head isn’t necessarily a neat and tidy place, but what this ...more
Kerri❤
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I have been on one hell of a journey & devoured this book in pretty much one session. The anticipated second installment... GAHH had me on tender hooks throughout. It broke my heart & pieced it back together.

𝓢𝓱𝓮’𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓪 𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓸𝓷 𝓶𝓮. 𝓘’𝓶 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮’𝓼 𝓯𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂.

Lars is a beautiful but tortured soul battling his demons when his life is turned upside down! The growth we see in Lars has me SWEPT OFF MY FRIGGIN FEET & hot damn it he is a saucy little devil 🥵

Willa's character act
Bookstagram3172
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC if this book in return for an honest review.
Wow, where do I start? Heathen is an awesome read. It is Lars and Willa’s story which had me hooked from the first page. Lars is the bad boy whom you can’t help but fall in love with when you learn more about him and his past, and Willa, the quiet, unseen Church girl, who is far more feisty than you could ever imagine her to be. There were times I felt so incredibly sad for Willa and how she was treated by pretty much everyone and the
Sandie Chraponski
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
These Redwood Rebels and their girls have a special place in my heart, and it’s because of Rachel Leigh’s ability to write such multidimensional characters that frustrate you as though they are your own kids.

Lars and Willa are definitely two fractured souls in a world where no one should have to live, but through a series of events they find peace with each other and maybe a future? But nothing is ever easy in Redwood.

Rachel has written yet another page turning, emotional roller coaster that wil
Ashley
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! What an amazing book!!! I was so looking forward to Heathen after I read Striker. I just love this series!! Lars and Willa's story was so heartbreaking but hopeful. I thought that Willa and Lars went together well, they just fit together. I loved watching the change Lars went through to find love. I liked that Willa didn't just automatically fall back in his arms, he had to earn back that trust. Zed was a huge surprise too! Like WOW!! I devoured this story, like long after when I should b ...more
Alison
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lars has secrets, some that are going to make his life harder if they come out, but the nasty reputation of him and his friends help protect him, or does it? Willa is the priest's step-daughter, so she normally is known as a good girl, but she has a crush on Lars. How far would she go for Lars? I loved all the secrets, angst and danger of this dark bully romance (remember it's a dark romance, so it might have some triggers for some people), but to get the most of this you should read the first b ...more
TINA WILLIAMS
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heathen is a deliciously, dark and twisted bully romance and I devoured it in one night. I could not stop reading this gut-wrenching, beautifully written story of pain and redemption. Lars and Willa are both broken and tortured souls. Lars is a true heathen, no cares or regrets, loyal only to his “boys”. Willa is a kind and innocent soul but hiding a dark secret. These two come together and sparks fly. They find in each other exactly what they need but can they overcome all the obstacles in thei ...more
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a tangled web we weave....
Lars’ story kept me on the hook, just as much, if not more than Talon’s. I mean. Revenge, lust, love, fear, despair, there was just an array of chaotic energy that kept me reading all night long.
Willa was the perfect partner for Lars. A quiet innocence, a light shining bright and his darkness so deep, not a hint of innocence in sight. Yin and yang.
Leigh keeps weaving these incredible stories, and now I’ll just be over here, counting down to the next part of this
Jessica McDaniel
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series is EVERYTHING. Lars and Willa are magnetic. I have been hooked from page 1! Striker was amazing and Heathen is equally as great. With series of standalones, I sometimes have a hard time getting into the other characters because of my love for the ones in book one, but holy crap this was a ride. I stayed up most of the night reading and then finished up on my lunch break. I cannot wait to see how this story unfolds further in Vandal.

If you have not started Redwood Rebels, do it. It i
J. Ockenhouse
Christi
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heathen ARC in exchange for a honest review.
Standing ovation for Rachel Leigh this is book 2 in Redwood Rebels series. Read Striker book 1 first.

This book was as captivating as Striker.

Lars and Willa journey to love was full of lessons of forgiveness and growth and trust. The character development is amazing. Rachel has a talent for writing and telling a story were I actually feel like I'm part of the story.
Cannot wait for Book 3 Vandal
Emma (emjbookshelf)
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in the Redwood High series and you must have read Striker first before reading Heathen. This is Lars and Willa's story.
We see major character growth from start to finish with Lars and the way he steps up the end just gives you all the feels.
Willa my heart just broke for her and what she had to go through on her own.
Lars & Willa's relationship started out as a lie, secrets, betrayal and so much hurt between the two of them, they needed each other to be able to start healing.

I am
J. Marie
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heathen is another twisty, turny masterpiece by Rachel Leigh. I love each of Rachel’s books but this one has to be my favorite by far. I always find it interesting how an authors grows as they write more and you can definitely tell with Heathen.

You feel the emotions - hate, sadness, despair, fear - all in vibrant colors streaming across each page. It’s a one sitting sorta book. I guarantee you won’t be able to put it down.

I can’t wait to see what happens next in the world of Redwood ❤️
Abookloverx2
Book Two in the Redwood Rebels Series.

This book follows the story of Lars and Willa, whilst continuing some of the key storyline’s from Book One. We get some answers in this book, though we also end with more questions. Zed still continues to confuse and confound me... is he good or bad ? I still cannot work him out and am looking forward to learning more about him.

I cannot wait to see where this series goes in Book 3.
Lucid Quill
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am quickly becoming obsessed with this series! I love these characters and I love the easy flow of the story. The mystery keeps you guessing but not screaming for answers with impatience. The subtleties of the plots going on in the background keep dragging me in as well, I mean, what's up with Tommy? And Zed!? I don't care I love him. He's mine. Lars was so great, he's everything. I am going to adore this series forever!! ...more
Felicia
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lar's story is finally here. This book was hard to put down. Lar's and Willa relationship started with a lie. This book is a continuation of Striker. There are more things at play and Zed wow I can't wait to learn more about him. This book has some triggering topics. This book was an amazing second book in a series. I cant wait to see what next and to learn more about this growing puzzle of who did it. ...more

• Stone Cold Queen (Sick Boys, #2)
  • Riot Rules (Crooked Sinners, #2)
  • Rush (The Brotherhood #2)
  • Gravity (Wilde Boys, #1)
  • Wolf (The Brotherhood, #1)
  • Callous Heir (The Heirs, #5)
  • The Estate
  • Ricochet (The Rapture, #1)
  • Loyal Heir (The Heirs, #4)
  • The Golden Boys (Kings of Cypress Prep, #1)
  • Never His Girl (Kings of Cypress Prep, #2)
  • The Sainthood : A Dark High School Romance (The Complete Series)
  • Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)
  • King of Regret (Boys of Almadale, #2)
  • Defiant Heir (The Heirs, #3)
  • King of Nothing (Boys of Almadale, #1)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
Mom of three, chaos coordinator, coffee addict and lover of words.

Readers Group → http://bit.ly/rl_ramblers
Http://Facebook.com/rachelleighauthor
Http://instagram.com/rachelleighauthor
www.rachelleighauthor.com

Redwood Rebels (4 books)
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • Vandal (Redwood Rebels #3)
  • Reaper (Redwood Rebels #4)