Start by marking “Heathen (Redwood High #2)” as Want to Read:
Heathen (Redwood High #2)

Heathen

(Redwood Rebels #2)

I’ve done very bad things.
I’m not a good man.
There’s skeletons in my closet
And blood on my hands.

I should be reaching for that sliver of light.
But deep in the darkness lies the loyalty of my friends. Along with the secrets we’ve buried.
It’s become comfortable and safe and all I really know.
It’s all that I deserve.

Yet, there’s someone who thinks I’m worthy of convict
Published January 28th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Heathen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heathen

Start your review of Heathen (Redwood High #2)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
30547322-SX540-1

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

'HEATHEN' is the second full length 'Young Adult book in Rachel Leigh's 'redwood High' series. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.' Willa & Lars.

More suspense, more angst, more twists and turns, more revelations, and more chaos and mayhem. This had me sitting on the edge of my seat, the angst building up chapter by chapter boiling away in the background had me racing to that very last page to see how the aut
Lady Raven RAVE!
4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Style: Dark Bully Romance (High Scool)
Story: 4/5
Series: Book 2
Pages: 3329
Kindle Unlimited: Yes

STORY:
YAS YAS YAS! I say this with love, no disrespect to the first book, but this book was everything more than the first. I say this because; I found Book 1 to be likable but not great. Although the book is a continuation of book 1, this was more favorable, understandable and engaging. It was dark with dark subject
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A DARK Enemies to Lovers High School Romance with Murder Mystery, Psycho Villains, Pure Madness, Hurt, Fucked-up shits, Past Pains, Hope, Flutters, Love, Twists, Revenge & Well-Deserved Justice.
I loved Lars & Willa. I adored our Other Redwood Rebels- Talon, Tommy, Zed. I DEVOURED this story within 5hrs.

Lars was Detached from Others, Unfeeling...Before Willa. Maybe that's why I didn't have major Feels for him in 'Striker', but here? I hated him for his Bad Choices but Loved him for wanting To Rig
Wendys Wycked Words
Wow so much better than the first book. I actually enjoyed these characters and their story...

Curious about Tommy though... Jumping right into book 3

POV : Dual

Cliffhanger : None

Hero : Lars

Heroine : Willa

Pace of the story : moderate

Angst Rating : 2/10

Heat Rating : 5/10

Triggers Involved : Rape (not by the H)

Plot Summary :
Lars is in a dilemma. A certain accident in his and his friends life has put them all in danger and now it's up to him to change that. Things are under control until a past mistake of his comes back to change everything.

Willa
ABookLover73
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2021
FIVE HEATHEN STARS for Willa and Lars 💛🖤💛🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

OMG!!!

This book is not for everyone, but thankfully it was a great choice for me.

Rachel has written another great book that has a superbly crafted plot and complex characters that won't leave you indifferent but will sometimes drive you crazy and all for the purpose that you can’t stop reading until you read the last sentence in the book.

"Heathen" is a dark high school bully romance with a lot of twists and turn because of which I couldn't stop r
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
description
THE REDWOOD REBELS are back and they're once again up to no good with their dark and twisted secrets that will leave you wholeheartedly consumed as you inhale all the words of this phenomenal page turner. Rachel Leigh is a brilliant storyteller and her characters are beautifully flawed in a way that you will instantly form this deep connection with them. My emotions were in overdrive, leaving my heart an emotional mess as I found my heart complet
Lucy Joyeux (Gazikova)
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
I've got this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I think this is kind of becoming my thing and I hate it - reviewing books super late AND taking me waaaay too long to read!

I gotta confess two things:
1) For the first nearly half of the book I didn't really know what story I'm reading (I'll explain later)
2) After my confusion ended - this book was so good!

I'll explain why I was so confused...
I've read a few similar books to this book, but especially one that stood up to me (I won't wr
jess
Jan 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
— arc provided for an honest review —

Heathen is the second book of the Redwood High series. Although the main couple is different, the secrets from the previous books still remain the same and more is revealed throughout this book.

From the beginning I was hooked on the fact that Lars and Willa are two completely different characters but together they seem to be stronger than the demons they face in their life. I liked the character development of both characters and how they were able to overcom
Keri Loves Books
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues as each of the four seeks their own revenge. Hang on because you won’t expect what’s coming your way.

The four made a pact. Each of them chooses a mark and they all help to exact the revenge that is chosen. Talon got his and now he’s ready to help Lars, Tommy, and Zed to get theirs.

There is always collateral damage. These boys take what they need to get what they want. It’s messy. Reputations will be ruined, blood will be shed, lives will be lost, but ultimately freedom will be
Megan
MF Romance
High School Mystery (ongoing storyline)
*Trigger warning due to this book’s plot
4 Stars

I’ve wanted to read this series forever especially after finding out book 3 was MM 🥰 However, book 1 of this series bored me because I didn’t care for Marni or Talon. They bugged me and the book dragged because of it. But I wanted to read the MM book and this has an ongoing plot line that is essential to the story so I kept at it and was surprised by how much I liked it. Surprised because it has my a
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
Holy crap. This book was everything. These characters were everything. I am just in awe of this authors story telling. *SLOW CLAP*
Ya know, normally when you read a series, book 1 always shines alittle brighter than the rest. In most cases that is the truth. But in this case, I have to point out that this book was equally as hypnotic as the first. Once I started reading I could not stop. You couldnt PAY me to stop. I inhaled/ravaged/FEASTED ON this story in one sitting!!!!
Lars was so tormented.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Heathen is book two in the Redwood High series. Striker book one is advisable to be read before you read this one. I thought book one was unputdownable and then I started this and I found I couldn’t put this down either. This author has yet again sucked me right in with her words.

There is a great storyline running through this series. With characters you can’t help but like I can’t recommend this highly enough.

Be warned there are dark themes and triggers in this story. I can’t wait for the nex
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a tangled web we weave....
Lars’ story kept me on the hook, just as much, if not more than Talon’s. I mean. Revenge, lust, love, fear, despair, there was just an array of chaotic energy that kept me reading all night long.
Willa was the perfect partner for Lars. A quiet innocence, a light shining bright and his darkness so deep, not a hint of innocence in sight. Yin and yang.
Leigh keeps weaving these incredible stories, and now I’ll just be over here, counting down to the next part of this
Anita Mary Medeiros
Rating 4.5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Loved it,once again we are submerged in this world that Rachel created with Redwood High series of lies, revenge, betrayals, bully, dark craziness, emotional, intense, love, forgiveness and steamy sex. We see Lars mature before our eyes, and Willa is just a sweet girl, that grabbed my heart right on chapter one!
Things are not what they appear to be, some mystery are answered, others just start!
I am loving this series, and can't wait for book 3.
This book might have some trigg
Marni Ortiz
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was so very fortunate to have received a ARC Copy Of Heathen By Rachel Leigh . This is book #2 in the redwood rebels series , Striker must be read first as they are interconnected. I absolutely loved this book , and it also happens to be a enemies to lovers , dark high school romance , one of my very favorite tropes .
This is Lars and Willas story , and I was hooked from the first page .Lars is the bad boy , and you can’t help but fall in love with him , especially as you get to know him better
Jen Isherwood
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, I just want to give everyone a heads up that this book does have trigger warnings. It’s a dark romance and does have dark subject matters that some may find uncomfortable....
That being said.... I F’N LOOOOOVED THIS BOOK!!!
This is the second book in the Redwood Rebels series and follows Lars’ story. To say that he’s f’d up is an understatement... all of them kinda are in their own way. But that just makes us love them more when they find their hearts. After reading Striker I
Caroline F
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story was a fabulous second novel in this series, which must be read in order.

”I have no f*cking idea what it is with Willa, but she’s getting to me. She’s crawling into my skin and I can feel her piercing the veins of my heart.”

When Lars Titan (popular, bad boy, school god) takes advantage of Willa Mack (religious, invisible, good girl), he doesn’t anticipate how much he’s about to ruin her life. Lars was the boy who felt virtually nothing and remained detached from people. He valued his t
Michelle
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love how dark and twisted this series! The suspense and secrets are definitely keeping me hooked.
4 boys, 1 revenge pact... each boy gets his revenge no questions asked. In Heathen it’s Lars turn to call in his revenge although Zed also gets some of his own revenge.

Lars was not at all like what I expect. He describes himself as a monster but in reality I think he just needed someone to make him feel and Willa knocks him on his ass with what he feels for her.
Willa had always been in love with
S J
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“𝙰𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢.“
✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️
*ARC ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴇxᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴ ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ*
Holy pie. I absolutely loved Heathen and have zero complaints what so ever. I was absolutely over the moon to be lucky enough to get an ARC of this after reading book one. Heathen isn’t a standalone and Striker (book one) does need to be read first. Don’t get me wrong I loved Striker, I did give it 5 ⭐️, but Heathen hit me differently. The whole story has so much
Athalars
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
*Arc is provided in exchange for an honest review*

“𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲.”

Heathen is the second book in the Redwood Rebels series, and if you’re a fan of pregnancy trope books then this will be the perfect read for you!

This book really excited me because from the little information we knew about Willa in the previous book I was really excited to see how this played out.

Willa was a character that stole my heart! I was in tea
Nathathida Atirekasâra
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is still dark, intense, thrill, and heartbreaking. The secret continues because they still need to figure something out first but the main couples in this book are change from Talon and Marni to Lars and Willa. Willa has been in love with Lars for so long and I think Lars feels something about her too because even when he used her, he still wanted to protect her from his friends. Lars' life is so mess up both from his family and his friends but I think deep down he is a good guy. Willa ...more
Reading Chills
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
With a gripping and fast paced story, Heathen is the second book in the Redwood Rebels Series by Rachel Leigh, and it is even better than the first one.

Lars is a young man who is faced with the unpredictable and decides to take a turn in his life as soon as he gets to know Willa better, the girl who’s once been a victim of him and the rebels.
Willa is the righteous girl at school, the one who has never been desired by the hot guys, but has always held feelings for the rebel who broke her heart an
Hope Shurden
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMGah! I absolutely loved this book! It was awesome getting a closer look into the mind of Lars and watching him evolve into something he never thought he could be. Willa was absolutely awesome. They proved that opposites really do attract.
I highly recommend this book for anyone looking a good bully romance. It has all the angst!
Lola Sheridan
Jackie Sierra
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ok this is the second book in the series and focuses on Lars. I loved how the author left us guessing with every page turned. Willa is sweet and has been overlooked for so long. She is not considered a beauty but is innocent. I wouldn't wish what she went through on anyone. Please be aware that this book does contain triggers that others may find upsetting. This book still left me with so many questions and I am definitely looking forward to book 3. ...more
Deb
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved the angst, suspense and mystery surrounding the characters in this story. He was the ultimate bad boy and she was the perfect foil to his character. I loved everything about this story. Fast paced, engaging and highly entertaining.

Jess McDaniel
Shelves: 2021, high-school
This series is EVERYTHING. Lars and Willa are magnetic. I have been hooked from page 1! Striker was amazing and Heathen is equally as great. With series of standalones, I sometimes have a hard time getting into the other characters because of my love for the ones in book one, but holy crap this was a ride. I stayed up most of the night reading and then finished up on my lunch break. I cannot wait to see how this story unfolds further in Vandal.

If you have not started Redwood Rebels, do it. It i
Felicia
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heathen by Rachel Leigh is an enemies-to-lovers romance. This is the second book in the Redwood Rebels series.

The book does come with a trigger warning: This book contains dark subject matters that may be uncomfortable for some readers, such as sexual abuse and murder.

This is the second book of Rachel's that I have read and it definitely won't be my last. I was hooked from the very beginning and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I loved the relationship that bloomed between Wi
Shauna McDonnell
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It’s official, I’m definitely a Rachel Leigh fan. I need the rest of this series, like yesterday 😂

Gripping writing, characters we hate to love, and a plot line that keeps you turning pages!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Mafia Prince (Young Irish Rebels, #1)
  • Restless Things (Folkestone Sins, #3)
  • Rebel (Montgomery Brothers, #3)
  • A Very Friendly Valentine's Day (Very Holiday, #2)
  • Off-Limits (Rixon High, #1)
  • Violent Tendencies
  • Filthy Sex (The Five Points' Mob Collection, #4)
  • Blurred Lines
  • The Hate Vow
  • Fractured Things (Folkestone Sins, #2)
  • On The Rebound (Steinbeck U, #1)
  • Savage Vandal (82 Street Vandals, #1)
  • Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)
  • Bloody Business Series Boxset
  • No Good Deed (Bad Habits Duology, #1)
  • The Estate (Kings of Capital, #1)
  • Play You (Rebel Ink Book 4)
  • Prince Charming (Cinderella, #2)
See top shelves…
Rachel Leigh is a USA Today bestselling author of new adult and contemporary romance with a twist. You can expect bad boys, strong heroines, and an HEA.

Rachel lives in leggings, overuses emojis, and survives on books and coffee. Writing is her passion. Her goal is to take readers on an adventure with her words, while showing them that even on the darkest days, love conquers all.

Join Rachel's Rea

Redwood Rebels (4 books)
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • Vandal (Redwood Rebels, #3)
  • Reaper (Redwood Rebels #4)

News & Interviews

Judging by early reviews and general pop-culture impact, Emily St. John Mandel (Station Eleven) has hit a home run with her latest novel, Sea...