Start by marking “Lady Mechanika, Vol. 6: Sangre” as Want to Read:
Lady Mechanika, Vol. 6: Sangre

Lady Mechanika, Vol. 6: Sangre

(Lady Mechanika Volumes #6)

Lady Mechanika journeys to Spain to protect a local Barón's son from an alleged demonic entity, but were the young man's injuries actually caused by supernatural forces, or by illicit experiments conducted by his own father? What sinister secret is the Barón trying to hide, and could it somehow be entangled with Lady Mechanika's past? A dark tale that explores the devastat ...more
Published September 9th 2020 by Benitez Productions (first published 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Mechanika, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Mechanika, Vol. 6

Start your review of Lady Mechanika, Vol. 6: Sangre
Chad
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's still too much exposition but overall a good series. In this volume, Lady Mechanika heads to Spain to help a boy who has been possessed, at least that's what she's told. Of course, things are more complicated than that. If you know any Spanish, you know where the story is headed from the title, Sangre. I do like that some answers to Lady Mechanika's past are finally starting to eke out.

Brian Ching handles most of the artwork. He's gotten MUCH better since his Supergirl days. Although he
Milou
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read the first volume of Lady Mechanika somewhere last year, and quite enjoyed it, but never quite felt inclined to continue it. And then The Husband made me aware of this sixth volume being available on Netgalley and I decided to just give the series another go. Because, if I could just look past the massive tits and lack of clothes… I should love this series. And I did. I absolutely binged it within two days. And yes I was still somewhat bothered by the fact that all women in here are skinny ...more
Marjolein
3.5 Stars

Full review to come!
Mimi
I love, love, love this series. Strong female characters, intriguing story-lines, dynamic artwork.
Like the title says, this volume is all about blood, as in family, vampires and human sacrifices.

I received a copy for review through Netgalley, opinions are entirely my own.
Devann
I received an ARC copy of this book from NetGalley

Really loved this volume! This is overall a really fun series and this volume features vampires, lgbt characters, and religious commentary - all of which are right up my alley. I liked the new artist as well, some really cool designs and overall just a really fun read.
Theediscerning
Yet another book in the growing set featuring the titular occult and killing specialist, the sort of steampunk cyborg Lady Mechanika. Here, possession in a university student in Spain drags her away from her home town, where evidence suggests not a demon at work, but something much worse – something brought back from the prologues to each episode, set in historical Latin America. It's all quite good, standard dark fantasy stuff – nothing is groundbreaking, and the main selling point of the book, ...more
Florin Pitea
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3 1/2 stars, really. 4 stars for the script. 3 stars for the graphics. I miss Mr. Peter Steigerwald's contribution to this series... ...more
Diana
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic, steampunk
This first paragraph contain spoilers.
What happens when you mix a steampunk world + some mexica mythology + fucking vampires? This volume.

And look, the combination could seems strange. It is strange, but works in a incredibly way. I was so entretained reading everything, and that mix of cultures it has was actually fantastic in a way. (view spoiler)
Jo Besser
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn't actually read the kindle edition, I had read the trade edition of it. Goodreads did not give me the option to select that one.

I had been waiting for this trade for a while. (I can't do weeklies, I want everything at once.) I knew it was going to be pushed back because of COVID, but I didn't mind waiting a while longer. It was definitely worth the wait!

I really liked how this volume connected other volumes together. Some of the other volumes I wasn't sure how they were going to connect,
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

The Lady Mechanika series has been a guilty pleasure - the stories are not groundbreaking but the artwork was breathtaking enough to make it worth every moment spent reading. With Volume 6, that beautiful Benitez artwork is missing here as new artists step in to fill his shoes. They are definitely not bad artists but I couldn't help but feel that a lot of the look and especially feel of the series was missing. But we
Jake
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've got to love the worldbuilding that goes into Lady Mechanika. Because this series never shies away from some of the darker aspects of the era it's meant to be in. Like when it comes to expectations and the means people are willing to go to fulfill them. Imagine if a person is gay and having to hide that part of people's lives out of fear of losing what little love they have from their family. Now imagine where the only place to not be ridiculed is with a vampire. These creatures of the night ...more
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Lady Mechanika Vol. 6: Sangre in exchange for a fair and honest review.

It's that time again! Time for another volume of Lady Mechanika, that is. Lady Mechanika Vol. 6: Sangre is another dark addition to this series about the mysterious Lady Mechanika, and the world she thrives in.

Lady Mechanika has traveled all over the world, and faced all sorts of monsters. Now, she's in Spain, with a promise made to protect the son of a local Baron. Only, protection has many definitions
Karissa
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Series Info/Source: This is the 6th volume in the Lady Mechanika series. I bought this graphic novel.

Story (5/5): In this volume Lady Mechanika is called to protect a Baron’s son from demons but quickly finds out it’s a creature of another type that she has to worry about. I loved the back story and the inclusion of other supernatural creatures. I also really enjoyed how this tied into Lady Mechanika’s quest to find out about her own past.

Characters (5/5): I continue to really love Lady Mechanik
Syeda Sumayya Tariq
Not a fan of the cover even though that's what got me attracted to it in the first place. I think the illustrations inside were way better, I loved them, especially the background graphics and the attention to details, the colour palette is just amazing. I really liked how the two stories, even though told together, were easily separable because of the majorly different illustrations and panel designs.

Even though it's vol 6 of the Lady Mechanica series (such a cheesy title, lol!), it's a perfect
Heather
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Fighting ancient monsters while wearing great outfits, just another day in the life for Lady Mechanika.

Volume 6: Sangre pits Lady Mechanika against a group of ancient monsters, a revenge seeking boogeyman, and very misguided parents. Hired by an upset mother to save her son from a demon, Mechanika stumbles upon another clue about her identity.

Long time readers of this series get another great adventure with steampunk heroine Lady M and one step closer to uncovering her mysterious past. New reade
Ron
Lady Mechanika is hired by a baroness from Spain to help her son. The baron thinks that he has had a demon possess him while the baroness is not so sure. What Lady Mechanika finds is more complicated. There are two types of monsters fighting. And Lady Mechanika's world just got more complicated with Mexican goddesses and vampires come into view. And a bit more clues of Lady Mechanika's past has come to light. Very nice artwork accompany the story. A very nice addition to this series.

Thanks Netga
Alex Prijn
Wow, much more powerful than the previous volume. The fact it consists of 5 issues in stead of 3 is definitely helping it. The story is great, and reveals more of Lady Mechanika’s past than the previous volume did.

It would have gotten 5 stars, but I was set back a bit by the artwork. I got used to during the read, but it’s definitely of a lesser level. I hope the artists of the previous volumes return.
Luly Ceballos
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This was an awesome story. I was a little surprised with LM's new look but I have to admit the art is amazing. Of course LM is not going to look the same as Benitez draws her but it was good. The story is so interesting that I forgot very quickly all that and started enjoying. Lady Mechanika is something I look forward to read and now I have to wait for more.. ...more
Pop Bop
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Fine, Fierce Introduction to Lady Mechanika

This is volume 6 of the Lady Mechanika series, so I feared that it would be a poor point at which to join her story. Happily, while there are numerous references to previous escapades and other characters, this is a self-contained tale with enough background and explication that it is possible to slip right into the Mechanika world without difficulty or confusion.

And that was all good, because this story is well told and engaging, and I was happy to b
Josh Sanders (found_my_wondla)
I have not previously read any of the other volumes but was still able to follow along with the story. Illustrations were absolutely stunning and a great storyline. Highly recommend this story. I will definitely be picking up the rest of the series.
Steven Davis
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic tale and meatier than volume 5. Intriguing and wonderful mix of mechanics and -whatever - Lady Mechanica is, and old world beliefs, gods and .
XO
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vampiros? Que carajos!?
Megan
Nov 10, 2020 added it
A bit disappointed by this one /:
Josh
That was intense.
Adam Fisher
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review written and submitted to Diamond Bookshelf for possible professional publication.
Aelurus
Une nouvelle affaire, une nouvelle enquête et des monstres toujours plus redoutables.
La Lady a fort à faire en Espagne. Une enquête difficile qui va la mener vers une histoire qui remonte à plusieurs siècles.
L’histoire est assez prenant et j’ai aimé la lire tranquillement. Il y a quelques résonances entre Anne Rice et predators, le tout à la sauce steampunk.
Mechanika rest égale à elle-même. En quête de vérité et de justice pour tous. Elle protège les plus faible avec équité.

Amy Braun
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow. So I definitely did not expect so many decapitations in this book. Seriously, you could have made a drinking game out of it.

This is definitely one of the darker stories in the world and I don’t quite think it’s my favourite, but it had amazing moments.

The action is all but non-stop and the monsters are wholly unique. They suit the sharp, fierce art style perfectly. I think the story was a bit heavy-handed, but it had some amazing twists that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I would have liked a few mo
Melina
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful art, thought provoking story
BumfuzzledNerd
Zeichnungsstil ist wieder 1A, aber die Story war etwas schleppend.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mirka Andolfo's Mercy: The Fair Lady, the Frost, and the Fiend
  • Once & Future, Vol. 2: Old English
  • Monstress, Vol. 5: Warchild
  • Once & Future, Vol. 1: The King is Undead
  • Sara
  • The Dollhouse Family
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Mary: The Adventures of Mary Shelley's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Granddaughter
  • Plunge
  • Dracula, Motherf**ker!
  • Funeral for a Friend (Jonathan Stride #10)
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • The Sunless Countries (Virga, #4)
  • Pirate Sun (Virga, #3)
  • Queen of Candesce (Virga, #2)
  • Low, Vol. 1: The Delirium of Hope
  • Invincible Iron Man: Ironheart, Volume 1: Riri Williams
  • Dead Air: A Novel of Suspense
Joe Benítez is an American comic book artist who has worked on such titles as "JLA", "Superman/Batman", "Detective Comics", "Supergirl", and "Titans" for DC Comics and "The Darkness" for Image Comics. He also co-created and penciled the sci-fi series "Weapon Zero" and the dark fantasy mini-series "Magdalena: Blood Divine" for Image. In 2005, Joe published his first creator-owned mini-series "Wrait ...more

Lady Mechanika Volumes (7 books)
  • Lady Mechanika Vol. 1: The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse