Start by marking “7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)” as Want to Read:
7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)

7th Heaven

(Women's Murder Club #7)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  49,353 ratings  ·  1,788 reviews
A terrible fire in a wealthy suburban home leaves a married couple dead and Detective Lindsay Boxer and her partner Rich Conklin searching for clues. And after California's golden boy, Michael Campion has been missing for a month, there finally seems to be a lead in his case--a very devastating lead.

As fire after fire consume couples in wealthy, comfortable homes, Lindsay
Published February 4th 2008 by Little, Brown and Company

·  49,353 ratings  ·  1,788 reviews

Start your review of 7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)
 Li'l Owl
7th Heaven is the seventh book in the Detective Lindsey Boxer Woman's Murder Club series by Maxine Paetro and it's a beauty!

Lindsey and her partner Rich Conklin are trying to solve a series of deadly arson fires occurring around San Francisco.
Someone is targeting beautiful mansions in the bay area, setting them on fire and leaving the owners alive but bound up, unable to free themselves before viciously succumbing to the smoke and flames. Then the flames get too hot for Lindsay and they are
Krystin Rachel
This was a step up from 6th Target, but barely, and we took that step like this:

We got there, but it wasn't easy. (this is my most favourite gif on all of the internet, B-T-Dubs)

There's a lot of personal drama/love triangle vomit in this one between Lindsay, Joe and her partner Rich. Granted, if it was Joe and Rich who wanted to bang I'd probably be more interested. Alas, I found it all to be kind of hokey and lame. So much so that I assume Maxine Paetro used to write for One Life to Live????

I
Anna
Sep 13, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I must say, Yuki is really getting on my nerves right now. The books seem to get more boring ever since there is that co-author. I can't help it. I liked Yuki at first but by now I really dislike her. When Jill was still there, you wouldn't spend half of the book reading about the things in court and all that stuff. So I really dislike that. I mean, if I wanted to read about court stuff, I'd buy a book about that. But these books are, in my opinion, about homicide cases and therefore I really ...more
Emily
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like mysteries
I have to tread lightly when reading James Patterson books. I have really liked the Women's Murder Club series, but after the first one, they were almost unreadable. Crazy amounts of sex and bad language, they just weren't for me. The stories were always entertaining but I just hated those other parts. This is by far the best in the series. Hardly any cussing (although there is some) and sex (ditto), it's much more tame than the others. The story was intriguing and tense, made even more so by ...more
Rian Henry
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the plot twist at the end.
Bunny
Jun 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I persist in reading these awful things. I think I originally liked them, back when Patterson was actually writing them, as opposed to putting his name on other people's work. But Maxine's writing style is so mediocre, you just know she would never be published on her own merit.

Seriously, she makes it absolutely impossible to like these characters. There isn't a one I give a crap about, and I hope for at least one of them to bite it each book. This time it was Clare.

Did you
Mahoghani 23
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
San Francisco is Hot! There's so much going on that James Patterson keeps it simple but complicated simultaneously.

Lindsay finally has a man that loves her to death but can't say yes to his marriage proposal. Now she's battling feelings about her partner and it may lead to problems at work and at home further down the road.

The previous governor's son, Michael Campian, has disappeared without a trace and a young prostitute has admitted to killing him. Did she? On trial for murder and being
Melissa
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
It has been awhile since I read any of the Women's Murder Club (I'm hereby referring to it as WMC) books by James Patterson. I was waiting for this 7th book to come out in paperback, and even though it's been sitting on my shelves for awhile, I only recently got around to reading it. Don't ask me why, because as I always find out when I start one of Patterson's WMC books, I can't put them down!

While he may not be a literary genius, I do find Patterson's books to be enjoyable, not to mention very
Tara
This one is getting closer...

This book rated more of a 3.5 instead of barely a 3 like the last 2 books. There were several crimes but they were at least a little more focused, although we never really get the reasons behind the crimes anymore. (Although one did have a nice twist that I didn't know for certain, but I felt/hoped it was something like that). Lindsay is was less of a crazy lady in this book, and now I think I understand what was happening in the last few books, especially the last
Jul 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
7th Heaven had a lot of false starts that got my hopes up only to immediately dash them. The first scene was set at Christmas time, but this was not to be a Christmas mystery. Soon after, the Women's Murder Club embarked on their first annual getaway, only to turn around and come right home. Two exciting premises, nothing more than teases.

The real mystery, a high-profile missing teen cold case, has a reliable lead. Three months after the fact, an anonymous tipster claims to have had seen the
Stacy
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it

I know I complain about this series every time I write about it, so I am taking this book off. As a matter of fact, this was my favorite book of the series (so far). I thought there was more mystery and surprise in this one than in the others and the relationships of the women moved along nicely.

A poster child for goodwill vanishes and after six months the police finally have a lead and they bring in an angelic looking prostitute for questioning. Lindsay and Conklin are able to get a
Tina
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I really love this series and it keeps getting better with each one! In my mind, James Patterson can rarely go wrong in his storytelling. There's always something new going on in his work and twists and turns that I never expected. I especially love following the lives of Lindsay Boxer and her friends, Yuki, Claire, and Cindy. They all bring so much to the story and their characters are really well developed.

7th Heaven is a fast paced story that sucked me in from the first page. California's
Suzy Turner
This is the first time I've read a James Patterson book. In fact, it's probably the first time I've ever read anything in this genre (crime drama, I'm guessing??!).
It was given to me by a friend who assured me I would like it. She had read it, her husband had read it and they'd thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well... I guess I did like it but I was surprised by the style. To be honest, I expected something a lot more intricate, if that's the right word. No, it's not really. Something more impressive by a
Pam
Feb 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
02/14/08
TITLE/AUTHOR: 7th Heaven by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Suspense/2008/396
SERIES/STAND ALONE: #7 in Women's Murder Club
TIME/PLACE: Present/San Francisco, CA
CHARACTERS: Lindsay Boxer/Detective; Yuki Castellano/Asst DA Cindy/Journalist; Claire/doctor
FIRST LINES: Tiny lights winked on the Douglas fir standing tall & full in front of the picture window.

COMMENTS: library book. Two storylines keep you turning the pages. The teenage son of recent
Cláudia
A fast paced read, as usual in James Patterson books, with 2 stories that we don't know if are connected or not - this is one thing that's irritating me in some of Patterson latest books, it seems he's not capable of writing just one story line and so we are pushed from one scenario to another, sometimes a little lost and trying to find a link that most of the times isn't there.
The big story here are the arson attacks, and though I found it compelling throughout the book, the ending was a
Rebecca
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it
(Women's Murder Club,#7) Loved the Michael Campion murder trial back-story! Lindsay and her "partner" Rich scramble to bring down a serial arsonist. This might have been one of my favorites, but I was lost with the Yuki trial and her psycho stalker, and annoyed with Lindsay's relationship issues. Not seeing the "Murder Club" working together on any murders... only margaritas, lol. Definitely taking a break from this series.
Nick Duretta
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I always feel guilty tearing through a James Patterson book. They're fast-paced, marginally violent, kind of creepy, and more than a little ridiculous. Yet they're certainly addictive. They're the literary equivalent of TV shows like CIS. This one was typical -- empty calories but a lot of fun!
Reveau
Mar 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Love Patterson. I've read everything he has ever written. Would love to meet him and pick his brain someday. Good mystery series. Finished in 4 days. Love the short chapters he always uses. Ready for the next one.
Charly
Dec 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Women's Murder Club fans
This series is the only thing I read by Patterson and I am beginning to lose interest here as well. I like the concept but the group working outside the normal boundaries that was there in the beginning is less than it was. Not a bad read, and as usual quick read.
Erika
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
This might be my favorite of this series, although I'm ready for Lindsay to figure out she wants Joe. That said, and without any spoilers.... Great ending!!! Very satisfying. :-)
Marleen
For me personally, reading the entire Women’s Murder Club series in a row make the various story-lines and plots flow from one into the other. Not that it matters much, because I have to admit that the plots are only used as a vehicle to carry the 4 women’s character development. The short chapters help the reader fly through these books.
As I said before, Lindsay Boxer’s team of South SFPD detectives are not the sharpest in the bunch. Most of the time they are not capable of thinking outside the
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
I can't tell ;)
Worst Part: I don't believe it much.
Thoughts Had: Eh.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Yes

Short Review: Why would this random two kids just decided to follow this
Berke
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laurel-Rain
Feb 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
San Francisco Police Detective Lindsay Boxer and her Women's Murder Club friends are back with another mystery that had this reader staying up late and rapidly turning pages.

It all begins with the mysterious disappearance of the ex-governor's teenage son, and then spins off into a series of mysterious arson fires of luxurious Bay Area homes, leaving the owners dead. Evidence seemingly leads nowhere.

Meanwhile, lurking in the background, two young men who call themselves Hawk and Pidge are
Pr Latta
[audio - wish the Overdrive editions had the cover art] - Listening to this is like having the television on in the background while "watching" a crime drama. Few nuances, a lot of "girl bonding," chases, fires -- drama not thriller. And literally, the "leave you hanging until next time" with some story threads. The writing isn't good enough for a stand alone -- you'd need to be following the series for much of this to make sense and to actually have any reason to read this title. Spoilers: ...more
Rainbow
Jun 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Lynn
Sep 05, 2014 rated it liked it
In 7th Heaven, Lindsay and her partner Rich are once again trying to solve multiple crimes simultaneously. The 18 year-old son of the former governor is missing, which is particularly alarming as he has a potentially fatal heart condition. There have also been a rash of home fires, resulting in fatalities, and involving the affluent parents of college students.

While this novel involved all the suspense and action of the previous six in the series, it didn't grab me quite as much as they usually
Christina
I’ve had a love/hate relationship with James Patterson for quite some time and this book totally straddled that line. While I didn’t hate it, I also didn’t love it and did not enjoy it as much as I did the first books of this series. The story lines just didn’t really grab my attention and the whole courtroom part with Yuki and her drama seemed unnecessary, and what has happened to Lindsay?? She has become so wishy washy! I own up to book 10 and will at least continue up to that point with the ...more
Jjudyfl
Aug 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Two arsonists/murderers greet us from the first several pages. SFPD Sergeant Lindsay Boxer needs to sort it all out, while solving the disappearance of a well known teenager and dealing with her own problems. She has a super bond with her partner at work and a whining boyfriend. Her apartment is destroyed by fire. Connected to the case or not?
As usual she is "aided" by her friends, the so called Women's Murder Club. Cindy, the reporter, can't seem to keep quiet, & Yuki, the lawyer, makes
Sandi
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: james-patterson
Awesome series! I have seriously enjoyed every one of these books. My only problem with this book is that, up to this point, Lindsay has been portrayed as a good cook, but in this book it was suggested that she wasn't. Also, when did their waitress change her name from Loretta to Lorraine? If multiple writers are gonna work on a series, I would think they would wanna work together on consistency with those small details that make the characters personal and real to readers.
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books

Women's Murder Club (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, #4)
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6)
  • The 8th Confession (Women's Murder Club, #8)
  • The 9th Judgment  (Women's Murder Club, #9)
  • 10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club, #10)
  • 11th Hour (Women's Murder Club, #11)
“Ngu xuẩn là thứ tôi chưa bao giờ đánh giá thấp” 2 likes
“I’m not going to do anything,” he insisted. “I would never do anything—I’m just not good at keeping what I feel to myself, Lindsay. I know you’re with Joe. I get it. I just want you to know that I’ve got this arrow through my heart. And I would do anything for you.” “Rich,” 1 likes