Jump to ratings and reviews

Fast & Fury #2

Custom Made

Orion Stenton radiates power, danger and, most of all, sex. His lavish lifestyle is fraught with dangers for Cam—and a far too intimate link to her past. She has to keep things professional, but it’s impossible to forget the feel of him or the way he whispers her name.

The connection between them demands far more than a quick fling. But when Cam’s past puts Orion in danger, she must face her demons if she’s going to save them both.

Fast & Fury

Loading interface...

About the author

Chantal Fernando

62 books5,117 followers
New York Times, Amazon & USA Today Bestselling Author Chantal Fernando is thirty years old and lives in Western Australia.

Lover of all things romance, Chantal is the author of the best selling books Dragon's Lair, Maybe This Time and many more.

When not reading, writing or daydreaming she can be found enjoying life with her three sons and family.

Chantal loves to hear from readers and can be found here:

FB author page:

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
20 (3%)
1 star
9 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 119 reviews
Profile Image for Sabrina.
3,088 reviews1,889 followers
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Cam intrigued me when we were first introduced to her in the previous book and getting to know more about her in her own story made me like her even more. I loved that she stood up for herself and made Orion work for her attention after they didn't have the best meeting. She made me smile more times than I could count and when she was with Orion I couldn't help but swoon. They were just perfect together and someone really cute without even meaning to be.

Orion was also a really fun character to get to know and he definitely worked well with Cam. He didn't let her push him away even when things got tough. They butt heads a lot but it led to some amazing dialogue that captivated me. Every scene they were together had me gripping my Kindle and smiling like a loon and it was the best feeling.

Overall, this was a great addition to this series and it has me dying for more already.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Lover of Romance.
2,696 reviews778 followers
February 21, 2021
* I received an ARC copy in exchange for a honest review via Netgalley*

After having fallen in love with the first book and the other connecting series to this series, I knew I couldn't wait for more from this MC and this setting of the shop. And you know I didn't even read the blurb once I received this copy from NetGalley and this author is one of those that I don't need to, I just know I will enjoy the ride that she will take me on.

In Custom Made, our heroine is a bi sexual character, Cameron Davis. Cam is an artist and after spending a short time in prison due to ill spent mistakes of her youth, she starts over in a new town and working in a motorcycle custom shop and using her artistic talent to create beautiful works of art in motorcycles. When she goes out clubbing with a group of girl friends, she meets a man that works all her engines in all the best ways, and thinking she would never see him again, even though she wants to she is shocked to learn that he is THE Orion Stenton. A man with wealth, power in all the corners of the city. And that man is the one she spent her one night stand with, but also the man that hurt her. Orion knows he made a mistake with Cam in hurting her but is determined to prove to her his feelings for her are genuine in every way.

I adored Custom Made in many respects but I will say that this isn't my favorite read from this author. I was slightly disappointed in this one here. I just didn't feel the chemistry between these two for much of the book and considering the elements that come into play here, I was really excited to see it and the romance just fell a bit flat for me. But that isn't to say that I didn't enjoy this one here at all because I can tell you I greatly enjoy this edition of this series and curious to see where this author plans on taking this series. But it was still an easy quick read that I got swept up in. I adore both characters individually, I just didn't connect to the "spark" I normally have come to expect from this author.
March 25, 2021
A cute brown miniature poodle with a copy of the book entitled Custom Made by Chantal Fernando and a pink silk flower

📚 Hello Book Friends! I am so happy to participate in Harlequin Books’ Bookstagram Tour. This time around it is for the sexy book CUSTOM MADE by Chantal Fernando. This is the second book in the Fast & Fury series, and it is as hot hot hot as the first one. I absolutely loved the chemistry between Cam and Orion. Cam was already one of my fav characters in the first book because she is artistic, intelligent, and does not let her past define her present and future. This book has it all: romance, hot sex, and an ex from hell. I recommend this book to all hot sexy romance lovers. The book can be read as a stand-alone.

#bookstadog #poodles #poodlestagram #poodlesofinstagram #furbabies #dogsofinstagram #bookstagram #dogsandbooks #bookishlife #bookishlove #bookstagrammer #booklover #readersofinstagram #instaread #ilovebooks #bookishcanadians #canadianbookstagram #bookreviewer #bookcommunity #bibliophile #Sponsored #HarlequinPublicityTeam #HarlequinBooks #CarinaPress #ContemporaryRomance #ChantalFernando #CustomMade #FastAndFury #RomanticSuspense
Profile Image for gretareadsromance.
660 reviews44 followers
March 22, 2021
Custom Made is a great addition to the Fast & Fury series.

I have been all about this MC and now the spin off series. While this wasn't my favorite I'm happy for Cam in getting her HEA.

When a one night stand shows up at the shop Cam can't get away from Orion. The sparks fly between these two right away but past experiences have her putting on the brakes. The story that unfolds from there kept me turning the pages! Family means everything to these two and you'll want to read to see how it all plays out for them!
Profile Image for Izzie d.
4,003 reviews257 followers
February 1, 2021
It's okay.
The heroine is just coming out of prison at the start.
She gets a job working for the custom bike business.
The heroine and Hero have a ONS.
He uses a false name and has already booked a hotel room to take someone back to prior to meeting the heroine.
'Yes, I have been known to sleep around when I’m single, but when I’m with someone it’s a whole different scenario for me. I’m not going to waste my time. If I’m with you, it’s because I want to be and I see a future with you. If I have a girlfriend, I’m nothing but loyal.'
She labels him a man-whore type.

An issue I had was the heroine mentions in her internal monologue the morning after that she's on the pill but he hadn't asked and he didn't use protection.
This seems very irresponsible esp considering he seems to sleep around when he's single.

The issue mentioned in the blurb is her ex is the Hero's cousin.
It turns out that the Hero's father cheated in his marriage so the ex is really the Hero's brother.

Small other woman drama, women flirting.
Hero refuses.
Other man drama in form of vindictive ex.
Heroine is bi sexual, her previous partner is mentioned, she died, sometime in the past.
Small other woman drama for the heroine too, innocent enough.

HEA.

ARC.

HEA.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
2,415 reviews68 followers
June 21, 2021
ARC received for review

Cameron's turn for a HEA. I wasn't so sure about her, but in the end she won me over. She's lived through lots of stuff, but is willing to give love another try. Orion doesn't start off on the right foot with her, but he wins her over. They are hot in bed and out of it. When out of it, there's a whole LOT of talking both with each other and in her head. Her ex is a piece of work, and her mom is ridiculous. The part with her mom I just didn't get why Ms. Fernando had to do that in the end. I could have done without it.

Now can Chains be next
Profile Image for Sandy S.
6,187 reviews152 followers
April 1, 2021
3.75 stars---CUSTOM MADE is the second instalment in Chantal Fernando’s contemporary, adult FAST AND FURY romance series focusing on the men and women who work for Fast and Fury Custom Cycles. This is businessman Orion Stenton, and artist/mechanic Cameron Davies’ story line. CUSTOM MADE can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous story lines is revealed where necessary. FAST AND FURY is a spin off form the author’s Knights of Fury MC series. Many of the characters play secondary and supporting roles.

Told from first person perspective (Cameron) CUSTOM MADE follows the building romance and relationship between artist/mechanic Cameron Davies, and businessman Orion Stenton. Cameron Davies served her time, and in the ensuing three years made a name for herself as the creative designer at Fast and Fury. A night on the town with the wives of the Knights of Fury MC, and a one night stand found our heroine facing down her future, a man with a questionable reputation but a man whose custom order forces Cameron to face down her past. Enter businessman Orion Stenon, and the man with whom Cameron will fall in love. What ensues is the building romance and relationship between Cameron and Orion, and the potential fall-out as Cameron’s past demands everything and more.

Orion Stenton is a man of questionable means but a man who has quickly fallen for our story line heroine. Cameron Davies has been burned in the past, having landed her a stint in prison, along with issues of trust regarding secrets and lies. As their relationship begins to build, Cameron’s past resurfaces, and promises to make trouble for our story line heroine.

The relationship between Cameron and Orion begins as a one-night stand that quickly turns into something more. Orion is a VIP client at Fast and Fury, and Cameron had no idea that she was about to work for the man with whom she will fall in love but Cameron struggles with issues of trust and Orion is about to put her trust to the test. The $ex scenes are passionate but mostly implied.

We are reintroduced to several members of the Knight of Fury MC: Temper and Abbie, Skylar and Saint, Renny and Izzy; PI Billie; Orion’s sisters Isla, Luna and Asta, as well as their mother Maria; Orion’s cousins Teddy and Bjorn; MC members Dee and Chains; and new prospects Diesel, Atlas and Aries.

CUSTOM MADE is a story of family, friendships, betrayal and vengeance; a story of love, acceptance, forgiveness and happily ever after. The premise is engaging and captivating; the romance is seductive; the characters are colorful, animated and inspiring.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record but I wish the author told the story in dual first person perspectives or third person. We are completely unaware of Orion’s side of the story, his business, and his questionable actions that are a bit of concern for the local MC. The world building would be so much richer with dual points of view.

www.thereadingcafe.com
Profile Image for Amy .
2,671 reviews
March 30, 2021
Custom Made is the second book in the Fast and Fury Series and follows the story of Cam and Orion. Cam and Orion’s story was fun, entertaining, and kept me intrigued the entire time.

I couldn’t help but be intrigued by Cam when her character was first introduced. She made some bad decisions and paid the price for them. Now she just wants to put the past behind her and turn her life around. Meeting Orion was the last thing she expected. Orion is everything she should be staying away from. He’s sexy, powerful, and dangerous. Try as she might, she can’t fight the pull she feels towards Orion. Will Cam get that second chance she so desperately is seeking or will her past sneak up on her and destroy everything? There’s just one way to find out…

Custom Made was a fun book to spend my day getting lost in. Cam is an extremely talented artist who’s worked hard to put her past behind her. Her past has made her kind of jaded, but in spite of all of that, she still believes in love and family. Orion is everything she should stay away from, but just can’t. He’s sexy, determined, and isn’t afraid of going after what he wants. I loved that Cam didn’t give in to Orion immediately. She made him work for her affections and prove to her that he wants more than just a good time. Were these characters perfect? Absolutely not! I think that’s what drew me to them. They were flawed and easy to connect to. They had issues to overcome and while communicating didn’t always come easy, neither one of them was willing to give up without a fight.

Overall, I thought this was a really entertaining read. I enjoyed the drama and friendships. I loved the romance and good times. I loved the closeness of the MC and how they looked out for everyone. All in all, I had a great time getting swept up in this story and can’t wait to see where this series will take readers next!

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book via the publisher and NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Kodie Mackay.
961 reviews55 followers
March 29, 2021
When perfectly imperfect meets hot and polished... they say opposites attract and I think Cam and Orion are the rule here.

I am LOVING the Fast & Fury series so far. It's a little more laid back in comparison to the mc series but it still holds that edge of dark and forbidden I love so much. Chantal never fails when it comes to her books.

Cam is the perfectly imperfect rough around the edges but sweet in the middle woman who's completely relatable and easy to love. Her past is heartbreaking and inspite of everything she has risen above and made a name for herself in a male dominated industry. Not only that... she has because a master at her craft in more ways that one. Her strength and resilience is something real special but I also loved seeing the more vulnerable sensitive side to her that Orion brought out. She's kick ass and fierce but she's also someone who deserved to be treasured.

Orion is the perfect boyfriend. Not only is a gorgeous specimen... he has the brains and the buck to back his shit up. He's a man that has control of his life and runs his ship with a tight fist but with Cam he softened. It was easy to forget at times the man was dangerous in his own right because he treated Cam like a princess and worked real hard to earn her trust. He's sweet and funny and extra swoon worthy. I also loved how tight he was with his family... that pretty much sealed the deal for me. Despite his perfect persona the man did make his fair share of mistakes but he wasn't afraid to own them either and work hard to right his wrongs. Does it get much better?. Nope.. the man is delicious.

These two had fireworks from the beginning which is why they went from dancing on the dance floor to the horizontal mamba within such a short time. But I must say I really enjoyed how their journey unfolded. I feel like there wasn't to much push and pull between them which I loved. My greatest peeve is unesessary angst and drama and luckily Chantal avoided that here because whilst their was a few bumps in the road... both characters were very upfront with eachother. They just fit so well. He soothed her and she lit a fire in him and for the first time ever made him work for something. The crazy chemistry and sweet connection just felt right between them because despite their very different pasts, they're both perfectly flawed and well suited. There was balance.

Custom Made brings you sweet romancing, crazy hot chemistry and a few jaw dropping surprises to stir things up. I adored the slew of huge personalities that are brought with the side characters and of course it's always a pleasure to see old and much loved faces pop up. As well as seeing some new faces that have me all kinds of curious. This is just a well rounded story.. much like the gift that keeps giving this book has a little of everything to soothe everyone. It's sweet, funny and crazy hot. It's also a little suspenseful with a smudge of action and pinch of heartbreak. I am loving this series and I cannot wait to see what comes.... I have my mind on a specific character I want but we shall see where Chantal takes it next... either way I'm excited.
Profile Image for Kahea.
2,002 reviews102 followers
April 5, 2021
***3.5 Stars***

I was totally crossing my toes that Cam would be getting her own book, because how could I not be? I mean she’s a badass artist and a motorcycle mechanic, talk about an amazing combo. So I was all kinds of excited to get my hands on this baby and there were a lot of moments and situations that I really enjoyed, but there were an equal amount that had me going “But...why?”, so in the end, while I can say this was a good read, it wasn’t a great one for me.

Cam and Orion. I can honestly say that I liked both of them right from the start. Cam, obviously I was into her upon first meeting her, but I love that she’s passionate about what she does and, despite a few missteps in her past, is a really good person. Orion was interesting. He’s persistent, protective ~ especially when it comes to his family, and charming. I didn’t really get a ‘dangerous’ vibe from him, probably because I didn’t see him being dangerous, it was mostly being told rather than showing, but he definitely went to bat for those he called his own.

Their journey to their HEA was an interesting one. I loved them together. The chemistry was instant and there was a flow to their interactions that I enjoyed. But the road they had to travel was a rocky one. A lot happens in the short time they’ve known each other and causes quite a few issues ~ not all of which are handled well ~ but in the end I really liked where they ended up.

I have a hit or miss history with this author, which definitely keeps me on my toes when picking up one of her books. in this case it isn’t so much a miss, but more a too many plot twists and just twists in general being thrown at me. I will say that they were cohesive in the sense that they almost all tied into the main issue, but it was just too much for me. The main issue was more than enough to deal with ~ in my opinion ~ and adding in the other thing just seemed forced and a way to add more drama. Again, this is just me. But I did love hanging out with the Knights/Fast & Fury. I loved how they all rallied around Cam and showed her just how important she was to them, outside of working at Fast & Fury. So will I still check out the next book in the series ~ oh, yeah, especially if it’s Chains book because I NEED to know what is going on in that mans head.

~ Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley & voluntarily reviewed ~
Profile Image for Cathy Geha.
3,551 reviews61 followers
April 7, 2021
Custom Made by Chantal Fernando
Fast & Fury #2

The Knights of Fury MC’s motorcycle shop Fast & Fury has employed Cam to custom design bikes for a couple of years when this story begins. One night when Cam is out with friends she catches the eye of an intriguing man, the chemistry is off the charts, one thing leads to another, and HOT night of passion ensues. What was to be a one-night stand isn’t enough for Cam or for the man she meets and thus the story begins. This series is proving to be what feels to me to be a rather tame MC romance genre geared to NA readers.

What I liked:
* Cam: artist, designer, dedicated, professional, good friend, put bad choices from the past behind her, is living the life she wants to, has a “heavy” backstory that impacts her life, is perfect for Orion
* Orion: businessman, family oriented, successful, wealthy, gorgeous, HOT, great book boyfriend, romantic, tenacious, giving, is perfect for Cam
* Seeing the characters from the previous book
* The connection between Cam and Orion
* That Cam stood up for herself and didn’t “roll over” for Orion
* That family was important
* The MC closeness
* Wondering who Dee and Chains might end up with and wanting to know more about them
* That the evil ex of Cam’s was dealt with

What I didn’t like:
* The ex-boyfriend of Cam – evil, narcissist, user, and abuser
* Orion’s father and Cam’s mother…for reasons made known in the story

Did I like this book? Yes
Would I read more in the series? I think so though I prefer darker MC romances usually

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin-Carina for the ARC – This is my honest review.

3-4 Stars
Profile Image for Ruthie Taylor.
3,496 reviews37 followers
March 19, 2021
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series, and I would recommend that you read them in order, as there are plot details from book 1 which do give a different view of Cam than you might otherwise have - particularly how she was affected by the death of her friend.

After a bad start in life, resulting in her going to prison, Cam moved away from home and found a new family working for the MC in their custom bike shop. She is a supremely talented artist and loves having close friends - especially to support her after the recent tragedy. I had not really taken to her then, but this book does a lot to make her a nicer person to know. She does without doubt deserve her past to be exactly that and a chance at a new life.

A chance hookup turns out to be with the garage's new client, Orion. He is a businessman who doesn't always stay on the right side of the law, but in laundering money, rather than anything more immediately illegal. Given Cam's past, she is accepting and yet cautious when he wants to spend more time with her. And I have to admit that I found their budding relationship was a little too precipitous for me. A man who was so successful in such a field seemed an unlikely to professing his love so quickly. Some of the language felt a bit stilted to me too, but it didn't stop me reading the story in one sitting!

I loved the idea of the pink bike, and that Cam, even though working with bikes all the time had to go and get her licence. The MC family definitely have adopted her into their fold. She certainly needed their support when her ex reappears and makes her life very difficult again. There are some clever twists which I will not divulge, but they add to the complexity of the story.

By the end I was delighted that Orion and Cam had resolved some of the hurdles in their way, but no one was happier than Orion's mother, Maria!

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for Tina Christopher.
Author 9 books51 followers
March 22, 2021
Such a fun story! I loved Cameron. She made a mistake, suffered the consequences, and turned her life around. The way she goes after what she wants is fabulous and seeing her with her friends is a delight. The MC that she's connected to gives strong found family vibes.
Orion is a little tougher to connect with. He's hot as hell and their chemistry leaps off the page, but it took me a little to like him. Once he redeems himself, it's fun to watch as Cam and him fall for each other. When Cam's past comes back to haunt them I was a little disappointed with Orion's actions, but he learns from his mistake.
Overall a sexy, fun read that pulls you easily into the story and keeps you reading until you are done!
I'll now go back and read CUSTOM BUILT;).
Profile Image for Court Small.
488 reviews14 followers
February 11, 2021
I quite enjoyed reading this. We have a strong female lead, who has turned her life around and now knows what she wants and won't accept less. This is set in a motorcycle shop and there is cross over with the characters from the Knights of Fury MC. I have not read book one in this series or any of the Knights of Fury series and it didn't impact on my reading experienced at all! Having said that I am now going to go back and read them as I loved all the characters.
If you have always wanted to read an MC romance but haven't picked one up, this is the series for you as it will ease you it slowly.
Profile Image for Court Small.
488 reviews14 followers
February 13, 2021
ARC received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Hopelessly Addicted To Books .
3,237 reviews100 followers
March 30, 2021
We had met Cam in the previous book so getting to know her better made me so happy. I was intrigued by her character and how she ended up working for the guys. I really like that she was accepted in the garage for her work and there was no juvenile sexist jokes. Cam has such a feisty take no prisoners personality but she still has a softer vulnerable side that we see in her friendships and especially when Orion comes into her life. I enjoyed the chemistry between them you could feel the sexual tension on the page. From the moment they met Orion was smitten and determined not to let her get away, I loved his perseverance. The storyline mainly focused on Cam's past coming back into her life just when everything is on the up. Personally I would have liked it if more had been made of Orion's darker side it could have been explored much more.
Profile Image for Ashley Carr, LSoR.
3,877 reviews45 followers
March 30, 2021
The second book in the series and it could not have been more perfect. The chemistry between Cam and Orion is explosive. Cam is fierce, feisty and fabulous! She doesn’t hold back in speaking her mind. Orion is an all around good guy and is so sweet with Cam. Drama and twists and turns kept me glued to my kindle, flipping the pages to find out what happens. Can’t wait for the next installment!
July 5, 2021
I love Chantal’s stories so much, they are exciting, and absolutely riveting! I read it in 1 night! I couldn't put it down, I couldn't get enough of the chemistry between the MC’s, and their hard fought HEA was so sweet and happy. I loved the cameos of the Knights of Fury MC and characters from previous books just made perfect

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion !
Profile Image for BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme.
6,619 reviews1,258 followers
March 28, 2021
Sexy, feminine and rocking, Cameron Davies overcomes the mistakes of her youth. Cameron aka Cam is now the creative designer for the bike shop owned by bikers, Fast & Fury. She's been burned before by bad choices with "bad boys". Even if these biker guys are nice to her and she's grown to adore them, she doesn't want to get mixed up with them for good reason. When a VIP customer strolls on in, she isn't ready for his level of complication.

To read the rest of my review, click on the image below to see it on my website.

Welcome to My Hoard

Profile Image for Mary.
1,043 reviews18 followers
March 30, 2021
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I love a good motorcycle story and this one fits the bill. It's the norm per se, Cam is not an active member of the club, but rather works at the garage owned by the Fury and designs and paints custom bikes. She likes her life and not having a man in it works well for her. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

Cam lets loose at the club one night with her girls and hooks up a gorgeous guy. Not expecting more than a hook up, Cam is sad to leave the next morning, but realizes that it's for the best. "Ben" will always be a nice memory of what could have been.

Cam is dumbfounded when Ben walks in the shop the next day and is introduced as Orion, the new hotshot, rich client who is there to not only order one bike, but three. Orion wants to get to know Cam but she's having no part of it. She realizes that she was played by him - as he has done to others as well - by giving a false name and taken to his "hook-up" hotel room.

The real kicker on the cake? Her ex - the one that she went to jail for - is his cousin. Once the cousin comes back to town, Cam knows she must come clean to Orion or any chance for a happily ever after is gone. However, she knows all to well that by doing so she is risking him leaving her. After all, if her own mother can't forgive her for her mistakes, why should he?

This book has it all -- romance, intrigue and motorcycles. What else could you want for a winter afternoon read?

~~Wicked Reads Review Team~~
Profile Image for Mary Mooney.
2,342 reviews52 followers
February 28, 2021
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
This is book two in the series and is Cam and Orion's story. We briefly met Cam in the first book and I wanted to learn more about her. This is a woman who has been through hell and came out the other side and turned her life around. She is working at the Knight's of Fury MC motorcycle garage as a designer, painter, and mechanic. Something she loves doing and it shows in her work.
Orion is a local businessman and ends up spending one night with Cam but she knows him as Ryan. They hit it off and the sparks fly each time they are together. He comes to the shop because he has ordered a motorcycle and Cam is painting and designing his bike. When he shows up one day with his cousin, Cam never thought someone from her past would be a cousin to the man she was falling in love with.
As her ex-boyfriend tries to break them up, Cam has to tell Orion about her past. But when Orion keeps a secret from her, could it be the end for them? Will the ex-boyfriend/cousin destroy them both?
I love this MC family and I liked Cam and Orion. I liked the suspense of what the ex-boyfriend was up to that gave this story it's what is going to happen next aspect. I like that this series is tied into the Knight of Fury series. This author has a way of telling the MC story to keep you reading and on the edge of your seat. I recommend reading both series.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for WycEd Reader.
2,064 reviews30 followers
March 30, 2021

Check out our full post for CUSTOM MADE on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Mary – ☆☆☆☆
This is book two in the series and is Cam and Orion's story. We briefly met Cam in the first book, and I wanted to learn more about her. This is a woman who has been through hell and came out the other side and turned her life around. She is working at the Knights of Fury MC’s motorcycle garage as a designer, painter, and mechanic. Something she loves doing and it shows in her work.

Orion is a local businessman and ends up spending one night with Cam, but she knows him as Ryan. They hit it off and the sparks fly each time they are together. He comes to the shop because he has ordered a motorcycle and Cam is painting and designing his bike. When he shows up one day with his cousin, Cam never thought someone from her past would be a cousin to the man she was falling in love with.

I love this MC family and I liked Cam and Orion. I liked the suspense of what the ex-boyfriend was up to that gave this story its ‘what is going to happen next’ aspect. I like that this series is tied into the Knights of Fury series. This author has a way of telling the MC story to keep you reading and on the edge of your seat. I recommend reading both series.

Mary Jo – ☆☆☆☆

Cam lets loose at the club one night with her girls and hooks up a gorgeous guy. Not expecting more than a hook-up, Cam is sad to leave the next morning, but realizes that it's for the best. "Ryan" will always be a nice memory of what could have been.

Cam is dumbfounded when Ryan walks in the shop the next day and is introduced as Orion, the new hotshot, rich client who is there to not only order one bike, but three. Orion wants to get to know Cam but she's having no part of it. She realizes that she was played by him – as he has done to others as well – by giving a false name and taken to his "hook-up" hotel room.

The real kicker on the cake? Her ex – the one that she went to jail for – is his cousin. Once the cousin comes back to town, Cam knows she must come clean to Orion or any chance for a happily ever after is gone. However, she knows all too well that by doing so she is risking him leaving her. After all, if her own mother can't forgive her for her mistakes, why should he?

This book has it all – romance, intrigue, and motorcycles. What else could you want for a winter afternoon read?

Ruthie – ☆☆☆
This is the second book in the series, and I would recommend that you read them in order, as there are plot details from book one which do give a different view of Cam than you might otherwise have – particularly how she was affected by the death of her friend.

After a bad start in life, resulting in her going to prison, Cam moved away from home and found a new family working for the MC in their custom bike shop. She is a supremely talented artist and loves having close friends – especially to support her after the recent tragedy. I had not really taken to her then, but this book does a lot to make her a nicer person to know. She does, without doubt, deserve her past to be exactly that and a chance at a new life.

I loved the idea of the pink bike, and that Cam, even though working with bikes all the time had to go and get her license. The MC family definitely have adopted her into their fold. She certainly needed their support when her ex reappears and makes her life very difficult again. There are some clever twists which I will not divulge, but they add to the complexity of the story.

By the end, I was delighted that Orion and Cam had resolved some of the hurdles in their way, but no one was happier than Orion's mother, Maria!

Reviewers received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Profile Image for Soly's Books.
282 reviews5 followers
April 3, 2021
Parmi les auteures anglo-saxonnes que je suis, il y a Chantal Fernando depuis sa série de bikers "Dragon's wings" (traduite en partie dans la Collection Eden, il en manque beaucoup) J'ai donc lu depuis tous ses romans et ici, il s'agit du tome 2 de la série "Fast & Fury" (dérivée de la précédente) "Custom Made" sorti le 30 mars en VO et reçu en service presse via Net Galley et Give Me books pr. (merci à eux) Comme tous ses romans, je l'ai dévoré : certains ne le trouveront sans doute pas assez sombre ou intense mais pour moi, il est très bon : il y a une romance, on retrouve les personnages du tome passé (voire de la série précédente) et il y a du suspense puisque l'héroïne, Cameron Davis, va retrouver son ex qui lui a causé de nombreux problèmes alors qu'elle vient de rencontrer un nouvel homme qui visiblement aura beaucoup d'importance dans sa vie... Son passé menacera-t-il alors cet amour naissant ou est-ce que nos héros arriveront à dépasser ces obstacles? Comment les amis et collègues de Cam réagiront-ils ? eh bien, vous le saurez en lisant ce très bon roman de Chantal Fernando, une fois encore.

Mon avis : je vous l'ai dit en préambule : j'adore ses romans, c'est la certitude de passer un bon moment et de retrouver des personnages croisés lors des tomes précédents. Ici, nous allons découvrir davantage le personnage de Cameron qui travaille dans le garage des Knights of Fury, le club de bikers rencontrés dans la série précédente : la jeune femme est la personne qui est designer moto : c'est elle qui retravaille les motos, les invente voire les recustomise et c'est une pointure, reconnue de tous. Pourtant, elle avait mal démarré dans la vie (on découvre son passé dans le prologue) mais depuis, elle est un membre incontournable du garage : elle est amie avec Crow et Bronte (les héros du tome précédent) qui la protègent. Le premier, qui était son patron, a laissé la place à Trade, le frère du président des Knights of Fury pour aller prendre en charge une boîte de nuit : c'est en allant à une soirée qu'elle va voir sa vie basculer puisqu'elle va rencontrer un homme "Ben" avec qui elle va passer une nuit de folie tant ils sont attirés l'un par l'autre. La jeune femme le quitte au matin en lui laissant son numéro de téléphone.. mais... il ne la rappelle pas. Elle se résigne donc à oublier cette nuit mais quelle n'est pas sa surprise lorsqu'elle le voit rentrer dans le show room où elle bosse car c'est le meilleur ami de son nouveau patron et son futur client VIP...après quelques explications car la dame sait ce qu'elle veut, ils sont prêts à se donner une nouvelle chance quand il arrive à son tour avec quelqu'un qu'elle n'a que trop bien connu et qui n'est pas bon pour elle : elle comprend que son couple, à peine ébauché, est en danger... mais c'est une battante : elle est passée par des épreuves qui l'ont forgée et ont fait la jeune femme forte qu'elle est. De plus, elle est soutenue non seulement par tous ses collègues mais aussi par tous les bikers des Knights of fury et ce n'est pas sans raison. C'est une personne franche, sincère et volontaire et après avoir connu l'enfer, elle sait qu'elle a le droit au paradis mais Orion est-il l'homme vraiment qui lui faut? j'ai beaucoup aimé ses scènes avec ses amies ou amis au masculin qui la protège comme une petite soeur, que ce soit Crow mais aussi le mystérieux et sexy Chains... (d'ailleurs, j'espère vraiment qu'il aura son tome, lui aussi, car depuis Temper, il est hyper prometteur et malheureusement, ce n'est pas le tome 3 puisque ce sera Trade qui sera le héros)

Chronique complète ici : https://solysbooks.blogspot.com/2021/...

Profile Image for Danielle Cordsen.
585 reviews7 followers
February 20, 2021
Custom Made
By: Chantel Fernando

📚💕⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💕📚

Can they find forever?

I'm honored to have been introduced to this amazing authors books. The one thing about this book I enjoyed was it keeps you wondering what’s next. She is a little bit sassy and his a rough and tumble nice guy. She has the Knights MC always on her side and psycho ex that won’t let go. Orion is a great guy even if too often he tries to see the best in everyone even when they keep showing you the flaws they bleed. The author writes with so much intensity and emotion pulled from each book it’s felt page after page. Some are quick witted story lines are so perfect and lets you believe you have a front row seat. So being able to read this love story didn’t disappoint. The authors ability to have two separate individuals struggling in their everyday life and try to navigate someone else’s thoughts, needs and desires was intense and gives all the fills.

If I had any complaints about this book or even the series it’s that it’s only written in our heroines POV. This was in my opinion a huge missed opportunity. Wile the book is great I as a reader love getting both sides of the love story.

Authors Blurb: Cameron Davies has the job she’s always wanted—designing custom motorcycles at Fast & Fury. No way is she going to screw this up. But when her wild, sexy one-night stand ends up being the shop’s new VIP client, her life is suddenly turned on its head.

This book has everything I love in a book. Then you add that it's beautifully written and believable. It is easily a five star read. Written so incredibly well that the next thing you know your 80% into the book and loving every second of it. The believable way the characters interact is perfect. Run, Hop, Jump or use your (1 click) finger to do whatever you have to do and get this amazing book. It'll break your heart, you'll want to scream with frustration and it'll let you discover that love just might conquer all. The chemistry is steamy and sweet and oh so romantic.

Thanks Netgally for letting me read and review.📚💕
Profile Image for Stephanie Panach.
679 reviews11 followers
February 11, 2021
MC Club books can sometimes challenge your moral compass when you are reading them. One of the good things about them - is they force you to see the grey. People aren't all good or all bad - and these people are profoundly centered on their chosen family. This book is definitely MC adjacent - it includes some of the Knights of Fury crew we've come to know and enjoy - but focuses in on Cam (who works for the MC Club's motorcycle shop) and Orion (a local businessman with some legitimate and not-so-legit businesses).

Cam is an artist - and a bit of a diva - but she cares deeply for her chosen family and is determined that nothing will take her down any path that would lead her back to jail. She served time for stealing a car. After high school she met a guy who was a prince at first and turned into an abusive sociopath. As part of her relationship with him she did some very illegal things and paid the price. Moving to Las Vegas and starting work for the MC put her on a solid path. But Cam is very independent and very prickly. She doesn't trust easily. She and Orion meet and have a one-night stand (well it was supposed to be one - but neither of them really wanted it to be). Orion is very wealthy and has a big family that he cares for deeply and is very close with. He pursues Cam even after their initial start isn't so great. Cam eventually gives in to the connection she feels and they start a relationship. Going from 0 to love in a very brief time.

That is where the story takes some unexpected turns - like all of Chantal Fernando's books do. It moves into surprisingly emotional territory related to family connections - and whether blood really is thicker than water. Everything in the book is from Cam's perspective - so it is sometimes hard to get a true read on Orion. BUt I did love them together and could see how they are a true match for each other. I enjoyed the appearances and advice from other folks in the series - and can't wait to see where things go. It seems like Orion's sisters (all of whom are single) might be good matches for some of those single MC boys. Only time and Chantal Fernando can tell!

If you like MC books - I'd recommend this one as being top shelf! Also - you totally don't need to read any other books in the series to understand or enjoy this one.

I received this as an ARC from NetGalley. But these opinions are all my own.
Profile Image for Juli.
1,291 reviews18 followers
March 30, 2021
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book (given by Netgalley)...

This is Cam’s story; if you read Custom Built, you know Cam suffered the death of her girlfriend, Billy, who was Bronte’s friend.

I absolutely loved this book and I enjoyed it so much more more than Custom Built. Cam is totally hardcore, she changed her whole life around for the better and just kept thriving. It has been 3 years since Billy’s death and Cam is still recovering from the loss, but she is ready to move forward.

The night that Cam meets Ben, I mean Orion, was totally hot and the connection was instant. I loved that Orion was trying to find Cam after their night together and the man never gave up. Did he make a no-no? Big time! Was it hilarious that Cam left him her number with a digit missing? Yes it was! Orion is known to be a player and Cam wasn’t down for that, so Orion really had to put in the work.

I just loved them as a couple and how they had complete honesty right from the beginning. Of course, it wasn’t all great because Cam’s past returns in the form of her abusive ex-boyfriend, Bjorn. Also, Orion and his family are dealt a devastating betrayal that breaks up his family. I’m not saying was what it was but his father was butt barnacle and I wished some kicked him in his soft place.

I loved Orion’s family, his mother and sisters were just awesome and loved Cam from the start. But my favorite, is how the MC cared and loved Cam like she was their little sister.

My favorite part about this book is how Cam always fought for herself; there are times in the book where I felt Orion was slacking on his responsibilities towards her and she let him know she didn’t like it. I like that although she truly loved him, she wasn’t going to compromise her life or sanity to help Orion keep his illusion alive.

Again we suffer another tragic loss (which seems to happen a lot now) and I felt for our girl, Cam, but she pulled through again like a bada**.

I didn’t want this book to end! I wonder if Chains and Victoria are next ;)
Profile Image for ~lil maso~.
1,469 reviews31 followers
March 30, 2021
I thoroughly enjoyed book one, Custom Built, in this Fast & Fury series with the link to the Knights of Fury MC especially. This story is vastly different from the first one and I loved that about it.

Meeting Cam in the first book showed her as an intriguing character and one that I am so gladly had her story next because I couldn’t wait to know more about her. Having Cam tells the story from her point of view did this thoroughly and I have to admit made me like her even more. We discover her background and past life experiences that have helped mold her into the character she is now.

Meeting Orion was also exciting, yes he was a gorgeous tall drink of a male, but apart from, sorry guys, his testosterone idiocy that leads to some poor decisions, he is a great character too. Together they have wonderful chemistry and are so intimately compatible they literally burn up the sheets.

Great descriptions help to make this fast-paced story fly by because you simply become absorbed in the story once you are hooked at the beginning. Throw in the resident ‘evil’ character and you have a terrific romance with some tense suspense.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review*

For more reviews, news and giveaways, check out Saucy Reviews on Kinky Korner at;
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |
Instagram
Profile Image for Storied Conversation.
375 reviews580 followers
March 30, 2021
I loved Cameron when we met her in the first book. Cameron spent some time in prison when she was younger and after she got out her relationship with her mother was strained. So she left and went to work at a motorcycle club custom shop. She is also bi-sexual character who recently lost her friend. I don't think they were a couple but they did spend plenty of time together and Cameron loved her.

One night while out clubbing with some friends she meets a guy and they have an instant spark. She spends the night with him thinking she would never see him again. Only for him to show up at work as a customer. No just any customer either, but Orion Stenton who is one of the most powerful men in the city.

It would be fine but Cam immediately realizes that the guy she met had a different name than Orion. At least that is what he told her. Talk about putting your mouth in your foot! I will say that this is the least of their issues. There are plenty of issues, trust me.

I almost didn't give this five stars because I swear these two needed to put on their grownup pants several times. They both some trust issues. They both have reasons for them but geesh! In the end I was more than happy having gone through the ups and downs with them. They certainly made the ride gut clenching though!

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. This review was originally posted on Wickedly Romance
Displaying 1 - 30 of 119 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.