Start by marking “The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's (Sam Quinn #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's (Sam Quinn #2)

The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's

(Sam Quinn #2)

I’m Sam Quinn, the werewolf book nerd owner of the Slaughtered Lamb Bookstore and Bar. Things have been busy lately. While the near-constant attempts on my life have ceased, I now have a vampire gentleman caller. I’ve been living with Clive and the rest of his vampires for a few weeks while the Slaughtered Lamb is being rebuilt. It’s going about as well as you’d expect.

My
Published April 2nd 2021 by Independently published

Start your review of The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's (Sam Quinn #2)
Christine  Grissom
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Kelly’s exciting follow up novel to The Slaughtered Lamb Bookstore and Bar once again welcomes readers into Sam’s supernatural world.

Sam lives in Clive’s mansion during The Slaughtered Lamb restoration. However, a houseful of vampires—who disdain the she-wolf—doesn’t allow for happy roommates or a fully stocked refrigerator for the living.

When Clive’s position as Master of the City becomes threatened by members of his nocturn
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's is the second book in the Sam Quinn series. Sam is the werewolf girlfriend of San Francisco's Master of the City and is living in the nocturne with his vamps while her place is under construction. As I too, like to live on the edge, I did not read book one, The Slaughtered Lamb Bookstore and Bar, before picking this one up. Vampires and werewolves are frequent guests in the cast of characters of urban fantasy. It's difficult to come up with something that hasn't ...more
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's is the second book in the Sam Quinn series. Sam is the werewolf girlfriend of San Francisco's Master of the City and is living in the nocturne with his vamps while her place is under construction. As I, too, like to live on the edge, I did not read book one, The Slaughtered Lamb Bookstore and Bar, before picking this one up.

At first, this was a frustratingly slow read for me. While the author does a good job of giving you the backstory, it was challenging to be
Brit Andrews
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
While the Slaughtered Lamb Bookstore and Bar is being renovated after the incident with the sucky werewolves... she’s been living with Clive and his nocturne of vampires... a happy home it is not because vampires are snobs and they resent her presence. But with betrayal and deception and overly complicated vampire politics and plots going on Sam can’t quite stay out of it. And lucky for both her and Clive she’s found some new superpowers to help aid them with all the vampire shenanigans. And con ...more
Marsha
Another Hit!

“The Dead Don’t Drink at Lafitte’s” is an excellent follow up in the Sam Quinn series. Bar and bookshop owner Sam, is highly anticipating the renovations to her bar after enemies destroyed it. However, on her way to check on the progress of the construction, she has a run in with a ghost who warns her that her lover, Clive, is in grave danger.

Sam rushes off to the rescue as a few New Orleans vamps headed up by Amelie, an ex of Clives make her grand entrance. Little does she realize h
Anne
May 01, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read the first book, but have it on my wishlist now. It sounds like it was an action packed read, but it's easy to pick up the storyline here. The thing that caught my interest and let me know this would be a winner for me are the details in the first fight. I really liked how the author gave so much detail on how Sam fought and what physical changes there were.

Another plus was the assortment of character types one doesn't enocunter much in UF, gorgons, furies, etc. Looking forward to h
Elaine
Apr 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! A perfect flow from the first book in the series to this one. I love how the author describes characters and places with such depth and precisian. It makes you feel like you are right there in the room with Sam, fighting the evil scum of the world. Or when Sam is eating and the author describes the food so well my mouth starts to water, wanting to bite into that lovely beignet with warm delicious sugar. I felt connected to Sam and Clive, how they always stay in touch and never s ...more
Darcy
This one started out action packed and stays that way. Once Sam and Clive got to New Orleans I thought things might not be so crazy, but it picked up. At every turn people were coming for them and Sam proved again and again that she was up to the task of taking care of herself and the bad guys. What made things worse was that Sam started to realize people who were allies might not be. She did manage to pick up some new allies, ones who taught her a bit about herself and held her in reverence. By ...more
Jeni
Even better

Damnit this is even better than book one, the sex was appropriate but hot, and limited to where it fit instead of forced. Also, on the magic side, Sam is becoming exponentially more awesome as she learns. I love that the author isn't afraid to make her vulnerable and show how frightened she gets in some nasty spots, yet has Sam pull it together to do what needs to be done. Also... Stheno is freaking amazing. Hands down favorite secondary character in a very long time. Already pre orde
Tommie Gillam
Apr 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this second installment of Sam Quinn. I enjoy a snarky heroine and Sam Quinn doesn’t disappoint. This book is a slightly different and enjoyable take on the supernatural triad of vampires, witches and shifters. If you like steamy romance and sexy scenes, this book isn’t for you. If you like a good story that doesn’t need sex scenes to fluff up the word count without adding anything tangible to a storyline, this is such a book. Start with the first book and you’ll be ready fo ...more
Stacy S Ingram
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious

Ok, so the main character in this book may hate that word, but seriously, I inhaled this book like the best crawfish etouffee ever made. I absolutely love Sam Quinn - and Seana Kelly is one of my new favorite authors. Witty, snarky, funny, cringey, scary, heartbreaking, heart warming, heart pounding, and absolutely entertaining - it’s all in here. I tore through the first book, could barely wait for this one, and am now desperate to get the third. I very rarely write reviews - but I cou
Chelsea
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's by Seana Kelly is an advance reader copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This was the second book in the series. Netgalley approved me for the ARC and I realized I hadn't read the first one yet. I quickly read the first and loved it and the dove into this one. This one was just as good as the first and I am so bummed I have to wait awhile for the next one. This book started in their hometown of San Francisco and then went to New Orleans. There w ...more
Stacey Rautio
Sam and Clive...GOALS!

I love this series! It's awesome to see Sam start to come into her own. She constantly reminds the others that she is no shrinking violet and her powers continue to evolve.
Clive, while overbearing in the beginning, truly becomes her partner throughout their time in NOLA. He values her contributions, especially once he realizes how much she DOES contribute.
Can't wait to read the next book!
Leslie Pessagno
Apr 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great installment in this new series

Like the first book, this novel has an interesting, fast-paced plot that keeps you flipping the pages until it’s done. We get more insight into characters introduced in the first book, plus a host of new, unique and very interesting friends, allies and villains. And the romantic subplot is sweet and strong while leaving you curious as to what lies ahead for our leading couple.
John Colley
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yeah liked it

I pre-ordered this so dived in straight after a re-read of A&O series by P. Briggs. A hard gig to follow and that could well be why I liked rather than loved. I do like Sam but unfortunately find some of her actions like stomping off to sleep elsewhere a bit immature. However, a full on progression to the story and look forward to the next.
Diane Engelkens
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the continuation of Sam and Clive's story, but not as much as I was hoping. I don't know if this was because the story wasn't centered around her bar/bookstore like book 1, or if I wasn't overly impressed with Clive in this book. Sam sacrificed a LOT to help the vampires, and got very little in return, and was always starving/hurt/lost. I was actually rooting for some of the werewolves when Clive was MIA, as he did not do a good job of protecting her (or even showing that he loved her ...more
Meredith
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a delight

The world expands mightily in this book, and Sam blossoms. It’s such a good book - one I’ll be able to re-read, and I don’t re-read hardly anything. Stheno is a new fave in this book - I love how well Seana nails her characters and brings them so easily to life in a wholly tactile way. Simply great writing! Can’t wait for the third.
Noelle
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book!

I loved the story and the characters. I read it really fast but I didn't find any inconsistencies or editing mistakes. Though to be fair I tend to notice more of both the second time I read a book. With this series I definitely will do. Can't wait for the next one!
Pauline White
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adventures of Sam

And her friends. With her powers coming in Sam and Clive and friends, a gorgon, a dragon, a demon and Meg, Owen and ....lots of vampires visit new Orleans for fun and blood and guts! Her bar and bookshop are back up and running and doing good business, these are good tales give it a go you will enjoy the stories
Sylvia J. Osborne
Amazing New Characters

I love how the characters from the first book are developing and the new characters in book two are beyond cool! I read alot of fantasy and what strikes me the most about these two books is the intelligent writing and the excellent editing. October seems like a very long ways away.
Mnms
Apr 20, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found it vastly different from the first one, while that one was of one of 'The little guy', this one is not. Its just not as interesting (in my mind). The story is still interesting but it seems pretty random, often too easy and sometimes very vigilante dark. I'm not going to pick up the next one. ...more
Dana-Rae Dancy
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

Well written, 3 dimensional characters, storylines that pull you in and keep you reading long past the time you set. New outlook on a supernatural world, interesting and intriguing. This is a really good read. As enjoyable as a Patricia Briggs or a Kelly Armstrong.
Kristin
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
It was fun returning to this series. The plot in The Dead Don't Drink at Lafitte's was action-packed at times as well as overall engaging. It was fun watching the relationship between Sam and Clive develop, as well as Sam finding out a thing or two about herself and her background. There's also a few other characters I'd love to see more of in future books.

Overall it was a fun book to read.
Joanne Watkins USA
Good

I like this series. The characters are dark but interesting. I thought Clive came across quite poorly in this arc which is why a 4. Too much self recriminations and doubt which doesn’t match him.
Linda Ortiz
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recommend Her Excellence

Ok I was bored and looking for a new book.. the blurb was interesting so I took a chance. OMG I fell in love with the characters in the first book.. and of course I went on to the second book and have pre-purchased the third. New fan for life!
Keith Barrack
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I love this series. I preordered the next one that is coming out later this year. I really enjoy the urban fantasy genre, so many strong independent women.

This series is a must read for any fan of Urban Fantasy.
Patricia  Reese Ghany
What a great book

I often get tired of the characters after the first book. Sam’s story keep you guessing and ready to read the next book in the series. Wonderful story, great characters, and fast paced. Get your copy today, your won’t regret reading it.
Donna
Apr 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!

A clever innovative twist on vampires, werewolves, love stories and all Other supernaturals.

Truly a successful survivor story. Try this writer you will Not be disappointed!
Judy Eldawy
Awesome!

Strong characters and terrific world building. Sam has become a new favorite,along side of Kate Daniels and Raine Benares. Check her out.
Rosemary
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved it as much as I did book #1. Keep it up Seana and I look forward with much anticipation to the 3 Rd book.👏👏👏😀😀

• Inherited Luck (Twisted Luck Book 4)
  • The Solstice Countdown (SPI Files, #7)
  • Shades of Hate (Jacky Leon, #5)
  • Magic Misled (Lizzie Grace, #7)
  • Night Watch (Soul Reader, #1)
  • Dead and Gone (Grave Talker #2)
  • Hired Luck (Twisted Luck, #2)
  • Dragons Don't Eat Meat (Valkyrie Bestiary #1)
  • Wild Sign (Alpha & Omega, #6)
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • Educated Luck (Twisted Luck, #3)
  • Monsters (Kaliya Sahni, #3)
  • The Tracker's Mate (Mate Tracker, #1)
  • Smilodon (The Primogenitor Saga Book 1)
  • My Luck (Twisted Luck, #1)
  • Sophie and the Odd Ones (Sophie Feegle, #1)
  • Dead to Me (Grave Talker, #1)
  • The Tracker’s Secret (Mate Tracker, #2)
She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, two daughters, two dogs, and one fish. When she's not dodging her family, hiding in the garage and trying to write, she's working as a high school teacher-librarian. She's an avid reader and re-reader who misses her favorite characters when it's been too long between visits.

She's represented by the delightful and effervescent Sarah E. Young

Sam Quinn (3 books)
  • The Slaughtered Lamb Bookstore and Bar (Sam Quinn #1)
  • The Wicche Glass Tavern (Sam Quinn #3)

News & Interviews