Start by marking “97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile” as Want to Read:
97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile

97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile

It really works! Lower Ear Noogies. The Thumper. Lazy Man's Tetherball. Bobbing for Treats. The Hansel and Gretel: for an afternoon of fun, scamper about the house leaving a trail of plain popped popcorn in your wake.

Published April 28th 2003 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about 97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile

Start your review of 97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile
Gina
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
The whole book is adorable, but the best may be the model profiles at the end.
Stacy
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Cute little book, but it's more about cute pictures of smiling dogs than anything remotely useful.
Jerecho
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Nice pictures of smiling dogs and that's it... Do you want to try the tricks??? Come on.... 🐶🐶🐶
Jas
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had gotten this book a few months ago thinking it would help me make things more fun for our dog Rocky. Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye recently. Reading through the book I remembered some of the things Rocky loved best, like popping bubbles when I blew them for him. And the little bios for each of the dogs featured with the tips reminded me of some of his quirky personality as well. Overall this is a cute little book. Dogs are precious and we should do whatever we can to show them lots o ...more
Harold Cameron
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“About 97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile

97 Ways to Make a Dog Smile is a gift of pure pleasure for dogs and the owners who love them. Created by Jenny Langbehn, a veterinary nurse who really knows what makes dogs happy, it combines the creative gift of touch--unexpected ways to rub, massa
Ladiibbug
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Non-Fiction

Originally Read 5 years ago
Second Read 2/27/15

Dog lovers will get a big smile and the warm fuzzies while reading this short but heartwarming book.

Each of the 97 ways comes with a picture of a different dog, from the teeny-tiny Chihuahua to a Rhodesian Ridgeback. At the end of the book, each dog's gets a short bio (breed, age, and a tidbit about that particular dog, i.e., best friend is the family cat).

My favorite tips:

* #41 Hot Dogs
Rub your pooch down with a cool, wet towel. Relief wi
Jan Polep
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This tiny 107 page book will make you smile while teaching you how to make a dog smile. The 97 ways get a little goofy and a little repetitive but biographies of the doggie models used in the book redeem the whole thing. Think I'll read it again.
Champaign Public Library
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: staff-recommends
Recommended by Chris S.
Good ideas and adorable pictures!
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super fun book with the cutest pictures of smiling dogs. The ideas to make your dog smile are sweet and practical. We have tried out lots that my dog loves and still want to try more of the ways. Easy book to flip through to make you (and your dog) smile.
Shirley
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a cute book! It would make a great gift. I can’t wait to try some of the techniques to make my Golden Retriever smile. It’s the least I can do for this fellow who is such a master at making me smile.
Emma
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This was interesting to read, but I felt like it was less of the things I wanted in this book. It was more just a list of random things to do, which you can easily find better activities online for free.
Sienna
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sienna by: Hoopla
Shelves: read-2017, dog
Delightful! Picked up this book while spending time with a friend's dog. I know my old pup loved many of these tricks. Even without him, the book made me smile.
Shazza Maddog
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute book. The pictures are lovely and the 97 ideas, while some what repetitive, are actually fun to try with your dogs.
Kelle Fathers
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some good ideas on how to make your dog smile (or at least make him happy)--and you gotta love puppy pictures!
Kacey Crum
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I try to do the things in this book every day for my dogs.
Barbara Hausman
Cute idea and pictures, but it's mostly 97 ways to scratch your dog...lol
Rick Hribko
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Read it again...an again. These tricks really do make your dog happy.
Sarah Toton
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've don't most of the things in here with my dog, but got a few new ideas. Very cute book.
Sidney
Apr 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute. Best part is the pictures!
Lucy
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
super quick...kinda silly...loved the pictures.
Julie
Mar 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
This book certainly made a few humans smile. It was too much fun not to share! I confess, the "Inner-Ear Noogies" grossed me out a little. I had to laugh when a friend confided that she delights her dog with them regularly! I like the idea of a "Bring Your Dog to Work Day" & the bio's of each doggie model at the end of the book were fun. ...more
Jennifer Priester
This book really works! My dog enjoyed almost all of the things this book says makes dogs smile! Before reading this book I knew several of these ways, but found several others that I didn't know about and had a lot of fun trying them out with my dog! If you have a dog and are looking for new ways to make him/her smile this book is perfect! The book is also entertaining just to read.
Amanda
An ok read, some of the tips I thought were more suited for young children, I couldn't see a dog really doing some of the tips the author listed. The pictures of the dogs are sweet. That is what I gave the three stars to, not the tips in the book.
Karetchko
My friend Elaine gave me this book shortly after we adopted our shelter mutt Lucy. The pictures are lovely and the suggestions are fun and goofy.
bookworm729
Feb 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: dog owners
Shelves: own, animals
This is really cute book. Remember to keep your dog(s) happy!
Carolyn
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
I particularly liked the explanation of how to put your fingers in "noogie position". It made me smile and my dog also benefitted.
Lauren Farris
May 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
Hehe cute book. The pictures are funny too. :)
Eryn
Oct 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009, ok
It was cute and my dogs licked my face after following some of the steps. I totally recommend this
Miranda
Nov 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
What an adorable book! I will try each way to make my dog smile.. except the ones meant for small dogs, like carrying them around on your back. :)
Rebecca
Aug 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dogs
And all 97 of them make me smile too.

• Dog Songs
  • Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water 'fore I Diiie
  • The Romanov Cross
  • Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat: Yuletide Yahoos, Ho-Ho-Humblebraggers, and Other Seasonal Scourges
  • You'll Get Through This: Hope and Help for Your Turbulent Times
  • Tell Me Lies
  • I Am Pusheen the Cat
  • Love Letters in the Sand: The Love Poems of Khalil Gibran
  • Island of the Sequined Love Nun
  • Body Of Proof
  • Partners (Rogue Lawyer, #0.5)
  • Dog Shaming
  • Dog Wit. Kate May
  • The Woulda Coulda Shoulda Guide to Canadian Inventions
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Sell Low, Sweet Harriet (Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery #8)
  • Second Skin